Merit Badge Requirements

Bugling

Comments about “Bugling”

1. First Class Scout, Wandering Sea Gull Patrol, Troop 870 says:

This is a really great merit badge. I learned to play many of the bugle calls using a full concert grade Hohner Harmonica that will travel quite easily on our troop’s campouts. I can also play all of the bugle calls that are required for earning this merit badge on both a concert pitch trumpet, a concert pitch coronet, a concert pitch slide trombone, a concert pitch valve trombone as well as an actual World War One (I) brass United States Army bugle that I found and purchased in a Goodwill Thrift Store or a Salvation Army Thrift Store that someone had just donated away to the thrift stores. Although the only people who can recognize the bugle calls that I play that are required by this merit badge are members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Posts, members of the American Legion Posts, active United States Navy personnel, active United States Army personnel, our scoutmaster and our committee chairperson and one of the substitute teachers at our public school, none of the members of my patrol or troop or classmates of mine at the public school can recognize the difference between Reville, Assembly, Retire the Colors, Mess (Breakfast time, Lunchtime or Dinner Time). Quite a few of them can recognize “Taps” when it is played on a bugle, however many of our troop members are “night raccoons, bats and vultures” and all activity continues well into the overnight after “Taps” has been played.(I think that some of my troop members can participate in a marathon of staying awake for 120 hours withou any sleep This is a really great merit badge.

2. TRUMPET says:

Bulging is fun and you should try this merit badge even if you play any brass intrament.

3. me says:

I play trumpet. Need to find those songs

4. Spelunker says:

Im not good at playing musical instruments

5. the backpacker says:

I will be the first boy scout in my troop to get the merit badge.

6. Xepher says:

I play the trombone and trumpet in my school band so bugling might not be that hard for me. :)

• kevdog says:

i play the trombone to but i tried the bugle it was hard because you have to put sooo much air in it and then your lips hurt. but it was fun

7. watt says:

I play the clarinet in my school band and bugling seems like a challenge I am willing to take.

8. iMe says:

I heard they are going to get rid of this merit badge and instead morph it completely with the Music Merit Badge.

9. BCG says:

I wondor if you can use a harmonica.

10. dude says:

am a burgerl in my troop and its preety boring

11. ishmael drum says:

Bugling is not really easy if you have never played a musical instrument, especially a brass instrument. I loved taking this merit badge and now I am my troops bugler. I think scouts should take the merit badge.

12. Non decidem ROCKS!!! says:

I want to do this one so i can be the troop bugler!!!

13. bob bugler says:

the bugling merit badge sounds easy

14. Baller #1 says:

I play the Trumpet it is easy to play all the songs. I’m # 1

15. country Kid says:

playing an insterment such as the bugle, trumpet, or cornet is a great experiance and maybe soday you could be a pro.

16. Cowboy says:

I think that the hard part of bugling is recovering from your mistakes.

Write a comment about “Bugling”

Nickname: