Scouting Around

Eagles: From Start to Finish

According to the BSA’s Eagle Scout fact sheet, only five percent of Boy Scouts across the country in 2010 earned their Eagle.

Don’t tell those odds to six Scouts from the Pine Island District, South Florida Council, where six — count ‘em, six — kids, each of whom joined Scouting together as Tiger Cubs, have all earned their Eagle rank.

The Scouts — Tyler Drake, Brad Harris, Nicholas Bauer, Bret McAlpin, Derek Duncan and Ryan Bessemer — from Troop 406 in Davie, Fla., say they all agreed at a young age that they would go for their Eagles. Amazingly, each one of them made it.

Comments about “Eagles: From Start to Finish”

1. Awesomeness says:

Wow me and my friends made an agreement to make eagle.

2. big rob says:

thats great I had 4 that just crossed over all with arrow of light and heavy shoulder. three were tigers I am pretty sure 2 will Eagle, one more then likely if his older brother keeps going, and the 4th not sure.

3. kpkigar says:

That’s a long time! I’m going to try for my eagle scout to, but i started at bear.

4. tweety says:

how nice!! we always see negative stories about todays kids. here is a good one. the parents must be proud as well as the scout leader. it takes a lot of effort to do what these SUPER SIX did. gongrats!!!

5. jay man says:

I love eagles

6. SM Bob says:

I am proud of all my Eagles!

Great job guys!!

Write a comment about “Eagles: From Start to Finish”

Nickname:

Type your comment:

• ABOUT SCOUTING AROUND

The Scouting Around blog is your source for Scouting news. Get ideas for your troop by reading about Scouting activities across the country. Biking in Buffalo? Caving in California? Fishing in Florida? Mountain climbing in Montana? Shooting in South Carolina? It's all right here.
  • YOUR UNIT’S OUTING PLANS?

Is your unit going on a great fishing trip? Or maybe you’re taking an awesome trek in the mountains or a cool dive under the sea? Whatever your adventure, Boys’ Life might want to tag along.

We’re deciding which Super Scouting Outings to feature in future issues, and your trip could be next. But we need to hear about it as far in advance as possible.

>> Click here to tell us about your plans
  • RSS SCOUTS IN THE NEWS

• An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.