He saved his family from Hurricane Katrina

siapod-200x148.jpgJimmy Kennedy, 13, woke his family as Hurricane Katrina struck his home in D’Iberville, Miss., in the early morning hours. The electricity was out, and floodwaters were surging into the house.

Listen as Jimmy and his mother describe what he did to save his family from the floodwaters of Hurricane Katrina in a true story of Scouts in Action.

Click here for more Scouts in Action episodes.

Can’t get enough Scouts in Action? Boys’ Life is planning to post more episodes. Click here to subscribe to the Scouts in Action podcast.

25 Comments on He saved his family from Hurricane Katrina

1. man your awsome you are a true hero in my book

2. W-O-W……..I’m speechless

3. That is amasing!!!!!!

4. Part or Pack 1 // September 28, 2008 at 3:30 pm // Reply

Wow, Nice save dude! You rock!

5. dud you rock man!

6. Boys R cool // August 23, 2008 at 2:21 pm // Reply

You did something really brave and that makes everyone happy.

8. masterbounds // July 29, 2008 at 8:22 pm // Reply

That was a cool podcast i wouldn’t mind being a hero like Jimmy Kennedy and earn awards like him for heroism.

9. Mariotornado // July 11, 2008 at 10:39 am // Reply

That was a great story! I could picture if that happened to us even though we don’t get hurricanes we can still get floods in Missouri and it could happen to us.

10. hes so brave

11. cool dude

12. baron von ron // June 30, 2008 at 5:23 pm // Reply

I wish i was as brave as you. ypu led me to get emergincy prepardiness merit badge

13. cool saving

14. skotdilind // June 4, 2008 at 7:52 pm // Reply

i wood do the same very important thing.

15. catsanddogs // June 3, 2008 at 4:41 pm // Reply

Now that’s some real heroism.

16. i think that is the coolest thing i have ever herd

17. Helpthevictims621 // June 2, 2008 at 7:43 pm // Reply

18. cool!!!!!!!!!!

19. I loved it

20. this convinced me to get emergency preprepardness before lifesaving

22. Wow, now that is a true story of a scout in action!

23. wolfscoutingfan // April 3, 2008 at 7:39 pm // Reply

Oh my! I can’t believe that you survived! You are a brave Scout in Action. A true Scout in Action.

24. that must of been scary