He saved the man from icy waters!

siapod_0308_200x148.jpgJake Silfies and Matt Mikosky, both 12, were hiking during a winter camping trip on Lake Stillwater, Pa., when Matt’s dad fell through the ice.

Listen as Jake, Matt and Matt’s father describe the rescue in a true story of Scouts in Action.

Click here for more Scouts in Action episodes.

SCOUTS IN ACTION PODCAST
Can’t get enough Scouts in Action? Boys’ Life is planning to post more episodes. Click here to subscribe to the Scouts in Action podcast.

30 Comments on He saved the man from icy waters!

1. I would of been so afraid of going under and not being able to find where I came in at!

2. give him some hot coco!!

3. man………. that had to be cold…………….. u know they sould change that begining song

4. baron von ron // June 30, 2008 at 5:16 pm // Reply

awsome dude!I would have freaked out if that happened.

5. This is so scary because I would not want to get in the water!

6. i think he did a very good thing.

7. i would have died laughing if i saw that happen!

8. willy the filly // June 1, 2008 at 5:35 pm // Reply

Wow! nice job.

9. it is very nice

10. Girlygirl // May 30, 2008 at 5:42 pm // Reply

You guys are weird!!!

11. hes awsome i would propaley freeze up i would be so scared!!

B) X)

12. that would be freaky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. i would freak i’d be afraid of hitting my head and dieing

14. wow you are brave!

15. That would be pretty scary! I love reading these in the magazines!

16. The people who saved Matt’s father were pretty brave to do it.

17. I’ve fell throgh ice before and its not fun.

18. boyscout56 // March 9, 2008 at 4:40 pm // Reply

wow amazing!

19. nice job jake and john were proud of you even in Va. Wtg troop and leaders!

20. Jim S from AZ // March 2, 2008 at 7:44 pm // Reply

It’s so invigorating to hear the good exploits of the the young men in the Scout Program. Keep up the great work.

21. He is a cool kid not many kids are brave enough to save lifes

22. cool, kids like matt and jake are what all boy scouts should be

23. Awesome…………John and Jake, you should be very proud of each other, as I am of you both !!! You John, for training the scouts so well, and you Jake, for putting into action what you were trained to do. Charles and Matt, to you both, thank God you didn’t lose your cool and remambered all you learned also, because surely that too helped save your lives. Kudos to the whole troop !!!!!!! gram n gramps

24. kev, thats a great question. ive always wondered about that.

25. cool matt andjake

26. Wow incredible! Thats cool. But i hope im never in that situation

27. Matt was a life saver.

28. matt is awesome, he is my new boy scout idol

29. Even if someone makes a rescue and is not a scout, do you still put them in Scouts In Action? Oh and one other thing did you get the peoples permission to put them in S.I.A?

30. Mattoskater345 // February 25, 2008 at 5:15 pm // Reply

Matt was very very brave. Im glad that the dad is ok.