He saved the boy from the riptide!

siapod_0608_200x148.jpgAs Todd Staszak, 15, was bodyboarding at Hatteras, N.C., he heard cries for help. A man was trying to save his son and his son’s friend as a powerful riptide pulled the boys away from shore.

Listen as Todd and others describe how he rescued the boys in a true story of Scouts in Action.

Click here for more Scouts in Action episodes.

SCOUTS IN ACTION PODCAST
Can’t get enough Scouts in Action? Boys’ Life is planning to post more episodes. Click here to subscribe to the Scouts in Action podcast.

25 Comments on He saved the boy from the riptide!

1. that’s the best thing I’ve herd

2. Wow that is the braviest boy that I have ever seen in my whole life.

3. it was owsome

4. i wish i could do something like that

5. that is so cool!!

6. Todd was brave and should have been very proud. If I was Todd my mom would be looking down ay saying I’m a hero.

7. Cool saving that boy dude! One day I hope I can do something like that!

(p.s I’m only a Bear scout)

8. The audio is bad

9. you are a good hero for them

10. You are a real Scout for saving kids. If i was the parents, then i wouldve givin you a really big prize.

11. pleasee helppp // June 9, 2008 at 11:52 am // Reply

W ow t H is r E ally is so g RE at!

I think that S omeone with this heart has alot of P ot E ntial to D o R eally c O? ool things!

12. skotdilind // June 8, 2008 at 8:04 pm // Reply

this boy did a very good helpful thing.

13. maniacattack // June 8, 2008 at 12:55 am // Reply

that is so amazing

14. philmont 09 75 // June 7, 2008 at 11:10 am // Reply

That is awsome and one of the great aspects about scouts

15. ALEXANDERT // June 6, 2008 at 7:08 pm // Reply

THAT IS THE BEST THING A BOY CAN DO.

16. I think he was realy brave to do that and that was great

17. I read this in the magazine AMAZING!

18. That was amazing! It must have been lifechanging!

19. It is cool that Todd got there rite in time.

20. smartypants // May 31, 2008 at 9:43 pm // Reply

HE,S ONE SMART BOY

21. wow, amazing !!!!!!!!!

22. this is truly a scout in action good job kid.

23. I thought is was so cool that this took place. I’m just glad that he was there to help!

24. Skitter53 // May 29, 2008 at 5:38 pm // Reply

Woah this must be crazy a rip tide! Iearned about that in science and its not a really good thing. get to the side

25. thats pretty awsome