Boys’ Life blogs
Fishing, books, movie trailers, video games, outdoor gear, and more. Check out Boys’ Life blogs for valuable, expert information about topics that interest you.
Brought to you by Clay Swartz, associate editor of Boys’ Life magazine, Heads Up is your one-stop destination for the coolest stuff from around the globe. Plus there will be plenty of chances to win free stuff, so check in as much as possible.
- How To Carve a Pumpkin In Less 30 SecondsCarving a pumpkin can be time-consuming and frustrating. But you can save yourself quite a bit of time if you can get your hands on a $100,000 waterjet machine. Creating a one-of-a-kind jack-o’-lantern takes less than 30 seconds, pumping at an astonishing 60,000 PSI, That’s more pressure than you’d experience at the bottom of the ocean.
- A Few Halloween Jokes from the Pages of Boys’ LifeOur top 10 Halloween jokes.
- What’s the Dum Dum Mystery Flavor?The answer to one of life's greatest mysteries.
- Watch These Halloween-Themed Trick ShotsThe guys at Dude Perfect have done it again with a glow-in-the-dark trick shots video.
- Fruit or Vegetable: Do You Know the Difference?Take this tricky quiz to see if you're a master of common produce.
Love books? This is the right place. Get chances to win free books, the latest info on cool new books and pretty much anything else related to – wait for it … BOOKS! The Book Zone is ruled by Boys’ Life Senior Editor Paula Murphey.
- Read This Excerpt of ‘Addison Cooke and the Treasure of the Incas’Looking for an exciting, adventurous new read?
- 100 Books Every Boy Should ReadBoys' Life has provided 100 years of great reading. Here are 100 books that every guy should read.
- BL’s Exclusive Reveal of Lego Ninjago: Dark Island TrilogySee our exclusive cover reveal. Plus, check out an excerpt from Book One of the new trilogy.
- BL Fiction: ‘Home of the Brave’ by Eric A. KimmelRockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air ... Young Adam is witness to one of the most important moments in our country's history.
- Participate In This Cool Summer Reading ChallengeOne of the best things about summer is that there’s more time for reading cool books. Without the stress of school and homework, you can finally focus on catching up on some of those books you’ve been meaning to get to all year. Now, summertime reading is even more fun. Scholastic has recently launched a cool summer reading contest that challenges you to log as many minutes of reading you possibly can. You can pick any book you want. If you need help, Scholastic has created an age appropriate reading list that will help you choose the perfect book. Scroll down to look through the list for yourself Download (PDF, 1.5MB)
The Scouting Around blog is your source for Scouting news. Get ideas for your troop by reading about Scouting activities across the country. Biking in Buffalo? Caving in California? Fishing in Florida? Mountain climbing in Montana? Shooting in South Carolina? It’s all in Scouting Around.
Love fishing? Want to learn how to catch more fish? Check out Boys’ Life‘s ultimate fishing blog for tips, tricks and expert advice.
- Trick casting with Tom RedingtonAfter making millions of casts in a lifetime, fishing pros like Tom Redington can get pretty precise with their casts.
- 25 funny fish jokesWhat do you get when you cross a fishing lure with a gym sock? Find out in our collection of hilarious fishing jokes.
- Fishing the SummitWhether you’re headed to jamboree next summer, or on any trip to the Summit Bechtel Reserve, you owe it to yourself to try a little fishing. And that’s not just a load of hype.
- Where to find fish in a river or streamFishing pro Tom Redington reveals the best places to catch fish in a river.
- Build a fishing rod rackOrganize your fishing rods by building this simple wooden rack.
Stuck in a tough spot? Can’t figure out how to get past a monster? Just looking for an easier way? The Games Guru has the answers you need to succeed in your favorite video games.
Not sure which gear to buy? Need tips for maintaining your equipment? Just send in your questions for the Gear Guy to answer.
Wilderness first aid expert “Dr. K” explains how to be prepared for medical emergencies that can occur in the outdoors where resources run thin and accidents are sure to happen.