Area 51 Secrets Revealed

For more than 50 years, people have reported seeing strange lights and strange aircraft around Area 51, the most mysterious military base in the United States.

Located on a stretch of desert near Groom Lake, Nev., Area 51 is the unofficial nickname for the base on the Nevada Test and Training Range operated by the U.S. Air Force.

The base and the sky over it are heavily guarded. But BL takes you inside for a look at some of the aircraft that have been tested at Area 51.

Take a look at the slideshow and then check out the January 2010 issue of Boys’ Life magazine for more information about these aircraft.

49 Comments on Area 51 Secrets Revealed

1. zombie hunter // December 16, 2014 at 8:18 pm // Reply

whoa

2. sk8tjet229 // August 5, 2011 at 5:08 pm // Reply

Awesome pics. They make me glad we live in the U.S.A and not in Germany.

3. airforcefreak // December 7, 2010 at 4:53 pm // Reply

thos are pretty neat pics ( I like the one with the frozen sr-71 blackbird!!!!!!

4. God bl3ss america the home of chili cheese dogs and dangerous jet planes

5. sweet stuff

6. cool (^^^^^^^^^)

7. AWESOME!!!!

8. portable sounds // February 7, 2010 at 7:47 am // Reply

i wonder how much those cost

9. awsome

10. and amazing

11. awsome!

12. Cool vidoe

13. Cool…for the pics and that one plane! ;P

14. I like 7-12

15. THAT IS TOP STUFF. KEEP IT COMING

16. I knew that area 51 was going to revel its self sooner or later. Itold the world. PWN3D.

17. elite commando // January 21, 2010 at 2:48 pm // Reply

Is it there more top secret fighters there than we think. More awsome and maybe more deadly

18. wow those were tight ships

19. totaly cool snake // January 20, 2010 at 8:35 am // Reply

THAT WAS AWESOME! IT WAS SO COOL.

20. WOOO GOTTA LOVE THESE PICS!
    Makes you want to run out and join the Air Force doesn’t it?

21. welll i wasnt totally impressed but it was cool!!!

22. Hoy did the SR71 get frozen?

23. AS Franis in Super Paper Mario for Wii would say “Shweet”.

24. That is so cool! :)

25. COOL!!!!!

26. dude, that is the tightest thing ever!!!

27. these planes are cool

28. I love airplanes

29. those planes are so cool, i have really wanted to fly a plane

30. awesome pics more than in magazine

31. Awesome !!!!!!!!

32. The eagle eye plane

33. I love airplanes

34. that article was awsome! I loved it!

35. Cool planes. I did think that they were going to show other aircraft. Anyone know if the U2 Spyplane is still in use?

36. degeneration717 // January 2, 2010 at 11:29 pm // Reply

this is amazing it might just win the iraq war just maybe

37. Amazing. My only complaint is that the whole slideshow only has the Harrier Jump Jet, SR-71 BLACKBIRD, F-117 NIGHTHAWK, and the PREDATOR, and they showed the same pictures more than once. It is an amazing slideshow, nevertheless.

• they had no jump jet. they should have another article, this time with fighter planes ww1-modern

38. Indiana Jones // January 1, 2010 at 12:47 pm // Reply

Hooah! Go US!

39. THAT IS AWESOME!!! THANK GOD WE LIVE IN THE BEST PLACE IN THE WHOLE WORLD.GOD BLESS AMERICA

40. It is very much a sight to see these unique aircraft for testing and so forth

41. might be Jared // December 31, 2009 at 1:46 pm // Reply

they all look the same almost I saw on that looked like one in the slideshow up close in real life I forgot the name of the place it was some museum