1975 AMC Pacer

1975 AMC Pacer

1975 AMC Pacer

Billed as “the first wide small car,” the Pacer’s width couldn’t fix its gruesome ugliness. Designer Richard A. Teague based the Pacer’s shape on how a football looked as it sliced through the air, but it reminded the public of other things. Unkind nicknames included Hamster-Mobile, Moonbuggy, Bubble Car and Egg on Wheels. After six years, the Pacer disappeared from AMC’s lineup.

39 Comments on 1975 AMC Pacer

1. weird color

2. silvereagle45 // July 20, 2012 at 4:50 am // Reply

I know another for this car (fish bowl).

3. Fan of Super Mario Bros. 3 // September 30, 2011 at 5:36 pm // Reply

Watch the commercial for this. It’s one of the worst commercials ever.

4. the first time i saw a pacer was on pimp my ride, and they made it look alot better

5. out of all the pics this is the worst

6. Fan of Super Mario Bros. 3 // July 27, 2011 at 8:41 pm // Reply

My dad knew someone who had this and that it was junk. Also, Acer, from Cars 2, who a lemon, was a Pacer.

7. dull,dull,dull

8. me dad had one

9. they have a hole bunch of them in cars 2

10. hippiescout151 // June 29, 2011 at 11:20 am // Reply

my dad has one :p

11. Hey, these were great little cars. Unusual, but not “bad”. I have fond memories of being squeezed into one to get a ride home from track practice every week… with five cheerleaders.

12. That is one sweet car~wish they were still around!

13. That is a super sweet car~wish they were still around!

14. the perfect car for hefty people!

15. legolandlover56 // June 25, 2011 at 9:13 pm // Reply

well if a 9`8 person went into that car they would be very uncomfterbel

16. It looks like a pinto!

17. DID THE DEVIL DESIGN THIS WRETCHED CAR?!

18. trainman77 // June 25, 2011 at 8:31 am // Reply

egg on whells

19. That commecial was CREEPY.

20. little big car

21. I think it looks kind of cool.

22. Stick Wayne and Garth in it, and it’s EXCELLENT…way…no way…way…no way. :-)

23. kyletheterrorizer // June 23, 2011 at 3:44 pm // Reply

I’s certainly not shaped like a football. (No offense, Mr. Teague)

24. Beatlesfan // June 23, 2011 at 2:53 pm // Reply

And that commecial didn’t help.

25. The Man with the Banjo // June 22, 2011 at 3:29 pm // Reply

hamster Mobile

26. cheezesneeze // June 22, 2011 at 1:40 pm // Reply

IT GOT HIT BY THE UGLYINATOR

27. need a barf bag

• i am the only burrito // July 11, 2011 at 7:57 pm // Reply

it looks great your just used to modern cars same for you leapord16

• Anonymous // July 30, 2011 at 9:01 am //

I am the only burrito, what don’t you under stand about the word “lemon”. It means that car is a peice of junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. u-g-l-y.