20 Funny Jokes for Father’s Day

Want to give your dad something funny for Father’s Day? Why not tell him a joke. Here are 20 great jokes about dads sent in by Boys’ Life readers.

Do you know a funny joke? Click here to send it to us.

Jon: What’s the difference between a high-hit baseball and a maggot’s father?
Tom: What?
Jon: One’s a pop fly. The other’s a fly pop.

Submitted by Jon W., Stroudsburg, Pa.

Teacher (on phone): You say Michael has a cold and can’t come to school today? To whom am I speaking?
Voice: This is my father.

Submitted by Mike I., Midland, Mich.

Johnny’s father: Let me see your report card.
Johnny: I don’t have it.
Johnny’s father: Why not?
Johnny: My friend just borrowed it. He wants to scare his parents.

Submitted by Tyler H., Blacklick, Ohio

“Dad, are bugs good to eat?” asked the boy.

“Let’s not talk about such things at the dinner table, son,” his father replied.

After dinner the father inquired, “Now, son, what did you want to ask me?”

“Oh, nothing,” the boy said.  “There was a bug in your soup, but now it’s gone.”

Submitted by Mark Y., Glendora, Calif.

A small boy was at the zoo with his father.  They were looking at the tigers, and his father was telling him how ferocious they were.

“Daddy, if the tigers got out and ate you up…”

“Yes, son?” the father asked, ready to console him.

“ …Which bus would I take home?”

Submitted by Gholson D. G., Gaithersburg, Md.

Science teacher: When is the boiling point reached?
Science student: When my father sees my report card!

Submitted by Michael H., Canton, Ohio

Joe: What does your father do for a living?
Jon: He’s a magician. He performs tricks, like sawing people in half.
Joe: Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Jon: Yep, four half-sisters and a half-brother.

— Submitted by Jonathan W., Stroudsburg, Pa.

Four men are in the hospital waiting room because their wives are having babies. A nurse goes up to the first guy and says, “Congratulations! You’re the father of twins.”

“That’s odd,” answers the man. “I work for the Minnesota Twins!”

A nurse says to the second guy, “Congratulations! You’re the father of triplets!”

“That’s weird,” answers the second man. “I work for the 3M company!”

A nurse tells the third man, “Congratulations! You’re the father of quadruplets!”

“That’s strange,” he answers. “I work for the Four Seasons hotel!”

The last man is groaning and banging his head against the wall. “What’s wrong?” the others ask.

“I work for 7 Up!”

Submitted by Daniel C., Urbana, Ill.

A book never written: “Fatherly Advice” by Buck L. Upson.

Submitted by Aaron and Andrew M., Redondo Beach, Calif.

Son: For $20, I’ll be good.
Dad: Oh, yeah?  When I was your age, I was good for nothing.

Submitted by Robby S., Putnam Valley, N.Y.

Pee Wee: What do you call your dad when he falls through the ice?
Westy: Beats me.
Pee Wee: A POPsicle!

Submitted by Philip K., Marshalltown, Iowa

Pee Wee: How is the baby bird like its dad?
Westy: How?
Pee Wee: It’s a chirp off the old block.

Submitted by David D., Guyton, Ga.

Dad: How do you like fourth grade?
Son: It isn’t much fun.
Dad: That’s too bad. It was the best three years of my life!

Submitted by Luke A., Tucson, Ariz.

Son: Dad, do you know the difference between a pack of cookies and a pack of elephants?
Dad: No.
Son: Then it’s a good thing Mom does the grocery shopping!

Submitted by Steven F. II, Naperville, Ill.

Jacob: I have a lot of my dad’s genes.
Dave: Really? I bet they don’t fit.

Submitted by David B., North Muskegon, Mich.

Dad: You’ll never amount to anything because you procrastinate.
Son: Oh yeah? Just you wait!

Submitted by Matt A., Bellevue, Neb.

Dan: I made a bad mistake today and gave my dad some soap flakes instead of corn flakes for breakfast.
Jan: Was he mad?
Dan: Yup. He was foaming at the mouth!

Submitted by Daniel R., Dickinson, Tex.

Manny: How do you like the drum set you got for your birthday?
Theo: I love it!
Manny: Why?
Theo: Whenever I don’t play it, my dad gives me 10 bucks!

Submitted by Alvin F., Union City, Calif.

Dad: Son, if you keep pulling my hair, you will have to get off my shoulders.
Tiger Cub: But, Dad, I’m just trying to get my gum back!

— Submitted by Ken R., Sparta, Mich.

Dear Dad,
$chool i$ great. I’m making lot$ of friend$ and $tudying hard. I $imply can’t think of anything I need, $o ju$t $end me a card, a$ I would love to hear from you.
Love, Your $on

Dear Son,
I kNOw astroNOmy, ecoNOmics and oceaNOgraphy are eNOugh to keep even an hoNOr student busy. Do NOt forget that the pursuit of kNOwledge is a NOble task, and you can never study eNOugh.
Love, Dad

Submitted by Jacob P., Orem, Utah

29 Comments on 20 Funny Jokes for Father’s Day

1. So funny I like all of them

2. Very good jokes i
    laughed so hard

3. love the last one the son is asking for $ and the dad is saying NO

4. These are awesome fathers day jokes keep them coming

5. Smelly chloe // June 13, 2013 at 9:10 am // Reply

Hahaha….but some are not so funny.😒

6. ha ha ha! those jokes are so funny!

7. donnawade // June 9, 2013 at 7:59 pm // Reply

Fun, guffawing jokes~~’tho too many w/”son”~~none w/daughters…boo, hiss.

8. These are great

9. This jokes are really funny and silly to me.

10. Tenderheart0512 // June 7, 2013 at 3:13 pm // Reply

Hahahaha! Hilarious! Especially the one about the four fathers and the genes (jeans). The are crazy funny!

11. hellopeeps // June 6, 2013 at 3:24 pm // Reply

the seven up one and the dear dad one are the funniest.

12. they are funny man who comes up with that.

13. i am minecraft man.... // June 6, 2013 at 3:15 pm // Reply

they are so funny well most of them

14. I hate them

15. nice it will heip me a lot on fathers day

16. U CAN'T TRACE ME // June 4, 2013 at 11:10 pm // Reply

The 1 w/ the $ sign is so hi-larious.

17. Python101 // June 3, 2013 at 7:10 pm // Reply

These are awesome jokes. If any people out there that wrote these, you’re awesome!!!

18. StarWarsNerd // June 1, 2013 at 10:24 am // Reply

I love the 7-Up one!!!!!!!! SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. The popsicle one is funniest!😀

20. m1a1 abram // May 31, 2013 at 7:06 pm // Reply

these are awesome
    especially the one about four fathers at the hospital

21. im the joker in my house and these jokes are garanted to crack him up.

22. Awe$ome Luke // May 29, 2013 at 6:28 pm // Reply

I laughed at all of them

23. These are funny and awesome man!!!!!

24. SOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!!!

25. I'm with stupid // May 28, 2013 at 4:48 pm // Reply

These are so funny! Ecspeicaly science teacher: when is the boiling point reached? science student: when my dad reads my report card!