Olympic mascots through the years

Since 1968, it has been a tradition to have a mascot for each of the Olympic games. Take a peek at our photo gallery of Olympic mascots and then use the comments section to tell us which Olympic mascots you think were the wildest, craziest, weirdest and coolest.

Click on the thumbnails to see larger images of the Olympic mascots and scroll through the slideshow.

122 Comments on Olympic mascots through the years

1. “hidy” and “howdy” are probaly the best ones
    =)

2. i like
    miga
    from
    2010

3. i like the salt lake ones

4. miga, sumi and quatchi=best olympic mascots yet!2010 is gonna rock!

5. What about Sumi, Miga, and Quatchi? Let’s not forget them!

6. specialkaye // August 24, 2008 at 5:39 pm // Reply

the wienerdog is clearly the best

7. i liked the fuwa kids from beijing 2008!!!!!!

8. I would have loved to see the weasel from NAGANO

9. Cobi is best dressed if ya ask me.

10. Waldi the dog is pretty cool, but i think having a dog that colorful would be kinda annoying, people gawking at u when u walk ur dog…

11. The little ski guy isnt real creative if ya ask me.

12. Izzy is amazing because I like crazy stuff and I’m from Atlanta but I liked Hakkon & Kristin.

13. i liked hodori

14. Bottomless Pit // August 16, 2008 at 11:05 am // Reply

The Fuwa children are cool.

15. I like izzy the best becuz he is cool lookin and was the mascot for my birth year

16. Now I like Sam (#08).

17. Verac Kight // August 10, 2008 at 4:56 pm // Reply

Go Ice Cube Heads Rule all! (11) By the way did they appear in Blades of Fury? ( part where guy was running around in his iceskates while being chased?)

18. schneenman is the best

19. i play world of warcraft // August 9, 2008 at 11:13 pm // Reply

the fuwa are cool and awsome

20. alaska wild // August 8, 2008 at 4:12 pm // Reply

the fuwa are awesome

21. Deep diver // August 7, 2008 at 1:10 pm // Reply

IZZY IS DA BOMB

22. My favorites are the bear, Misha (number 6) and the four owls, Sukki, Nokki, Lekki and Tsukki (number 15). I would have liked to see what the weasel mascot looked like.

23. I love the five “fuwa”

24. the five fuwa is the craziest mascot ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Pack314camper5000 // August 1, 2008 at 10:57 am // Reply

I like Misha (#06).

26. there are mascots for the olympics?

27. WolfScoutPack314 // July 30, 2008 at 6:48 pm // Reply

05 is very cool!

28. The Fuwas. Their awesome!

29. i really liked colbi. He looks smart and athletic. Sam the Eagle was crazy. Thats a lot of patrioic feelings wrapped into one bald eagle.

30. 2008 and 1998

31. Sam is very patriotic!

32. I love the Fuwa pandas! They are so cute!

33. 2004’s mastoct should be named “whatzit & strange”

34. Izzy is by far the strangest and coolest, although I think Neve and Gliz are deffinetly the runner’s up for insanity.

35. I don’t even have a clue what Schuss is.

36. star wars kid // July 27, 2008 at 6:43 pm // Reply

I think izzy is cool!!!

37. I like ’em all!

38. quite interesting…………..why so strange-looking though?

39. the best ones are coal, powder, and copper.i live in utah!

40. Did you know that the Chinese mascots represent the elements Earth, Water, Fire, Sun and Animals? When you put all their names together it spells the phrase ‘Welcome to Bejing’.

41. izzy is the wierdest and im not just copying them^

42. the ones for this year all look the same.

43. the snow owls are WEIRD!!!!!!!!!

44. I think its great how we boys can go here and take a look back at some of the past Oylimpic mascots from over the years from the first to the moct reasent year.

45. I think Sam the Eagle is the BEST

46. Cool.

47. i really liked the eagle from the 1984 summer games and I thought this years were the craziest

48. the funny kid // July 23, 2008 at 7:51 am // Reply

hahahaha!!! Izzy is the funniest/weirdest!!!!!

49. Did you know that the chinese mascots are:fire, water, earth, And two other things. These are elements to torture prisonors

50. Izzy is the wildest,craziest,weirdest,and coolest!

1 2 3