Olympic mascots through the years

Since 1968, it has been a tradition to have a mascot for each of the Olympic games. Take a peek at our photo gallery of Olympic mascots and then use the comments section to tell us which Olympic mascots you think were the wildest, craziest, weirdest and coolest.

Click on the thumbnails to see larger images of the Olympic mascots and scroll through the slideshow.

122 Comments on Olympic mascots through the years

1. LONDONS IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

2. I like Athens

3. I like Wenlock.(Wenlock is the name of the 2012 mascot)

P.S. They are missing Wenlock’s brother, Mandeville, the Paraolympics mascot.

4. I realy like Londons mascot.Infact they are all cute.

5. I think they should have 1 for all countries/cities

6. 2012 all the way.

7. trainfire51 // August 10, 2012 at 4:40 pm // Reply

the weenie dog from 72 is pretty cool

8. i liked Beijing.

9. I really like montreal 1976

10. Los Angeles is cool.

11. Socsoocbdsbcob // August 5, 2012 at 7:28 pm // Reply

Schneeman is the cutest thing!

12. webelo from pack 295 // August 3, 2012 at 9:02 am // Reply

munich is so cute!

13. AwesomeSPY // August 3, 2012 at 7:40 am // Reply

I like the ones from 1984, 1988, and 1998. The first on is weird.

14. Monkey D Luffy // May 12, 2012 at 7:57 am // Reply

2008 fuwa mascot is the best!

15. I went to the 1996 summer games and brought home an “Izzy” doll. They had zillions of these little stuffed dolls left over as most people didn’t like the mascot. I thought it was cute!

16. We still wear our slippers proudly around the house, one year later!

17. I loooooove amik he is A-DOR-A-BlE!

18. why do they have weird names???????

19. Anonymous // May 22, 2010 at 9:14 am // Reply

sam is awsome

20. i like the fuwa children

21. camper man // May 21, 2010 at 5:56 pm // Reply

i liked roniand,sam,

22. Anonymous // May 21, 2010 at 3:50 pm // Reply

the one in 1996 is my favorite. btw they just released the new mascots for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London

23. My aunt went to the 2000 and 2004 summer olympic games!

24. I like the 2008 summer olympics mascots the Fuwa dolls are awesome! So are the Vancouver mascots from the 2010 winter games.

25. Sumi is soooo cute! And Miga. I’m not sure about Quatchi…

26. The 2010 mascots are the best.

27. I liked the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics mascots (Sumi,Quatchi, and Miga). But I would like to point out an error. Sumi is the mascot for the PARALYMPIC Winter games. It’s actually supposed to be MUKMUK, Miga, and Quatchi for the Olympics.

• Yes, Sumi should be Paralympic mascot. And he WAS.
      And I think Mukmuk SHOULD BE OFFICIAL Olympic mascot!

28. COMMENTER SAYS // March 3, 2010 at 6:05 pm // Reply

AND 2006

29. COMMENTER SAYS // March 3, 2010 at 6:05 pm // Reply

2004 WEIRD

30. Miga is cute…

31. Spider Monkey // February 26, 2010 at 2:00 pm // Reply

I like the ones from 2010 that are Sumi, Quatchi, & Miga.I took a quiz on the vancouver 2010 site and I am most like Sumi, he is helpful. My sister is most like miga and my mom is most like quatchi.

32. Izzy is awesome

33. I LIKE MISHA THE ONE FROM 1980 !! ( I WAS NOT BORN YET )

34. hOtToPiCdEaTh101 // February 18, 2010 at 9:57 am // Reply

i loveeeeee magique

35. scribblenaut // February 15, 2010 at 4:29 pm // Reply

i like the wookie\bigfoot quatchi

36. I think Izzy is cool!

37. I like miga.

38. I LOVE the weiner dog! He reminds me of a popcicle! And I love Misha, he looks like a bear/mouse

39. Happy Birthday BSA // February 8, 2010 at 5:12 pm // Reply

Izzy takes the prize for most original

40. I LIKE THE ONES FROM 2010.

41. quatchi is the best!

42. i think the Chinese mascots are the best.they represent the 5 elements of Earth.I hope the winter Olympics are as good as the summer Olympics.really , I like the Olympics.

43. I think Schuss is the wierdest.

44. i have to say izzy is the weirdest

• He was created by the children. And he was the first mascot created by the computer. A first try is not always the best, so it looks so.

45. These are my favorite mascots: the 1972 Summer games wiener dog, the 1996 Summer Games (Izzy), 2002 Winter Games (Powder, Coal and Copper)2008 Summer Games (Fuwa dolls) 2010 Winter Games (Sumi, Miga, and Quatchi).

46. I LIKE QUATCHI

47. Emperor John // January 4, 2010 at 7:12 pm // Reply

Always loved Sumi…

48. I think either the fuwa or the 2010 mascots are the best

49. The great one // January 3, 2010 at 5:03 pm // Reply

I like Schneeman.

50. i just love copper,powder,and coal!(even though i was 1 year old in 2002)

1 2 3