Dangers of smoking

Every time you smoke a cigarette, you breathe in ammonia, arsenic, butane, cadmium, ethanol, toluene, and more. Tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 different chemicals, 37 of which cause cancer. Smokeless tobacco, too is deadly, containing cancer-causing substances.

It’s no surprise that tobacco use leads to one of every five deaths in the United States. Tobacco kills more Americans than HIV/AIDS, alcohol, illegal drugs, car wrecks, suicide, and murder combined.

You’ve probably heard that smoking causes lung cancer. But did you know that tobacco attacks nearly every part your body? View the body to the right for a rundown of some of the damage tobacco does—from your brain to your big toe.

For more information, please click the following links:

53 Comments on Dangers of smoking

1. tabbaco can make you smell bad and lung cancer and its a really bad habbet

2. tabbaco can dammage fro your brain to your big toe. lol

3. man………… i’m never going to smoke

4. Hello its me again….How do i Get more news on the smoking stinks thing?

5. Hello my name is Elijah Lutzke :)…I had to put up with my dad smokeing for many many years.And then he read a smoking book to help him with his smokiing and now he stopped:) Thank you for your time

6. smoking is nothing more than shortly enjoyable death sentence, don’t do it

7. Yes. Thank you Boy’life for all that you do.

8. it is because when you say just try one, then you get hooked up with it and you have to keep smoking and buying cigars and sometimes people would sell their houses for the money to buy cigars. DONT SMOKE.

9. Ok what the heck! I mean if you smoke, you must want to commit suicide! Stop acting all cool like ” Oh hey everyone look at me I’m like a dragon because there is smoke comin’ out of my mouth! Rawr! I’m so cool!” IT IS KILLING YOU SO STOP BEFORE YOU DIE! I want to be a rockstar when I grow up but I don’t wanna be like all the other rockstars who smoke! I’m gonna have an awesome rock band, yet we will be smoke free! So if you smoke, please, just take my advice and stop! It doesnt make you cool! And it doesnt get you girls or anything else!

10. Thanks for the info, but it still wont help my family stop somoking…

11. SMOKING IS BAD THANKS BOYS LIFE FOR EMPHASIZING THIS HORRIBLE ADDICTION

12. Almost Eagle // December 6, 2008 at 3:27 pm // Reply

Smoking stinks. I live in Virginia, and we have a lot of tobacco companies here. People need to know the danger and quit, unfortunately, it did say that smoking reprograms your brain to become addicted to tobacco. These people were never reasoned into smoking and they can’t be reasoned out of it. I wish people would stop. My parents used to smoke, but they quit.

13. Ray the gray // December 5, 2008 at 11:17 pm // Reply

Thanks Boys’ life for giving this useful info

14. HARRY POTTER // December 5, 2008 at 7:00 pm // Reply

im really thankful my parents dont smoke

15. Smokey the bear // December 5, 2008 at 6:55 pm // Reply

you can die

16. It is terrifying how smoking does that to a person’s body.

17. I agree, it’s nasty. Everyone should stop.

18. zac of troop 700 // December 4, 2008 at 9:53 pm // Reply

my friends mom has cancer from smoking. icant believe people smoke even WHEN they read this stuff

19. NOW I HAV TO comvice everyone to STOP THE SMOKING

20. ya im plannin on it i need that camera all tho i have a very small chance of winning. i already wrote a script.

21. my grandma smoked for 45 years she finally quit I’m so happy

22. i think the topic should be discust with high paeole and taken of the market becauesd it is drstubing

23. i have five words to say: don’t smoke because it’s nasty!

24. I am an avid cinematographer, and I have decided to enter the Smoking Stinks contest.

25. green machine // December 2, 2008 at 8:53 pm // Reply

thats nasty you shouldnt do that, thats wrong :^(

26. dont smoke it is bad and a sin

27. smoking is a waste of time and $$. when you smoke your putting you and everyone else in danger. think how beautiful this world would be if no one smokes. for goodness sakes if you don’t care about yourself at least think of your children.

28. Im a patrol leader Troop 53 // November 4, 2008 at 6:30 pm // Reply

I dont get smokers it makes no sense in why you should smoke. Just stick to the facts

1. It is NOT cool

2. Scroll up

3. Waste of $

4. Need i say more?

29. i smoked, does that mean im dead? and if im dead how did i post this?

30. SMOKING IS BAAAAAAD never do it tel the people you love to stop as long as you can.

31. Don’t smoke!!!!

32. Bernardo (Troop 25) // October 23, 2008 at 6:59 pm // Reply

Smoking is really bad, my aunt smoke and he can’t hear and see so good…

33. YOU CAN TAKE SOME SIMPLE , EVERYDAY ACTIONS THAT CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN CHILDREN’S LIVES

34. it is bad to smoke

35. i Know smokin ie nasty and its horrible but if people want to smoke its up to them really isnt it

36. Well, I still don’t understand why people smoke… it is weird.

37. Ugh, Yuck. That brain looked like bad cabbage. Smoking is terrible. >=^(

38. u know allot of people just ignore these facts and keep on going we need to stop and realize what it is doing to ourselves, before long term effects begin

39. Drugs–and smoking–are a deadly game!

40. Smoking is bad for your lungs.Your lungs will turn black.You could die!You might maybe have lung cancer.Do not smoke it is bad.

41. My grandfather used to call cigarettes “coffin nails,” while he kept on smoking them. He died at the young age of 64 and couldn’t hardly breathe.

42. I argee with everyone who sent a note on Boyslife.org!

43. i read once that one ciggarett takes away three minn of your life

44. MAN smoking is more dangerous than i thought!!!

45. Ihatesmoking // August 23, 2008 at 1:23 pm // Reply

eeew!

46. PEOPLE WHO ARE SMOKING YOU ARE KILLING YOURSELF GUYZ .

47. I think the pictures I saw were amazingly devastating. everybody should stop!!

48. badlysunburned496 // August 20, 2008 at 7:41 pm // Reply

that is sad how it reprograms your brain so that you THINK that you need to smoke, but then you get all sick in the end.

49. I learned a lot I didn’t know. I’m going to memorize what it says and go up to people smoking outside and warn them what they’re doing to themselves.

50. coolest