The Legendary Starfy

I’m at the place where you have to get by without Star spin or turbo-swim, and I keep getting eaten by the Snark. How do I get by?

Games Guru: Sometimes that darn squid is hard to deal with. Though I’m not exactly sure where you are in the game, you should be able to get through by timing it right. If not, have you tried blowing fire?

42 Comments on The Legendary Starfy

1. ha ha ha!! I love starfy!! I beat it like 50 times!! the last planet iz really hard.. but if you use the stylus or a coin to rub against the Y button, you can win!! :)

2. spinner55 // May 9, 2010 at 9:29 am // Reply

How do you swim through tough currents? Every time I try the water just pushes me away.

3. hundred eyes ice // April 10, 2010 at 8:06 pm // Reply

i cannot beat the last boss when he is shooting a planet at u (reply)

• i HATE the end boss of this game!!!!! Its impossible when he shoots the second planet at you!!!!! The human finger cant go that fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ????????????? // June 21, 2010 at 4:36 pm //

Whenever you get tired pause.Trust me its really hard

• Anonymous // July 14, 2010 at 12:58 am //

Use a pen!!! i alwayz beat it under ten seconds. slide the pen over the y button super fast with the pen. trust me this works!

• IcyFlame // July 21, 2010 at 10:47 am //

it aint that hard actually i dont even use a pen. i guess my fingers r mutant or something. anyways i hate the game its so boring and easy.

• i know how to beet him use your ds pen p.s do it rapidly

• what i did was put my sweater sleeve over my thumb and rubbed y. i beat it in like 5 seconds. hope i helped!

4. starfylover // March 30, 2010 at 10:42 am // Reply

im on the part where you have to beat king ping and im stuck.oh and i really like the game its awsome

• airbender101 // June 1, 2010 at 7:20 am // Reply

I am to I know how you feel. But I can help u just hit him with a star spin when he tries to kick you then when the ice comes down use a star spin to block them. keep doing that until he brakes the floor. When that happens swim under the spikes so it falls down on him. When it hits is head go down and use your star spin on him.

p.s. watch out for his snowflakes

• how do you get moon jump???????

5. wolf link 123 // March 25, 2010 at 5:57 pm // Reply

there are secreat levals if you beat all of the secrats and the final boss and you can play in starfy’s homeland

6. jakedrago1 // March 20, 2010 at 7:26 pm // Reply

To beat mashtooth at the moon part rub the stylus over y fast.repply if it dosent work

7. cheesy ringolo // February 26, 2010 at 6:29 pm // Reply

i’m stuck on world on 3-2 on chilly dip cove

8. i know same with me!!!

9. i dont know how to get past the first part of mashtooth

• You don’t know how to beat Mashtooth? Here is the answer
      first you air jump over Mashtooth’s head you’ll have to glide for a second or 2. Then you do shooting star attack. If you have trouble dodging the lightnings, just see where the thin lightning goes and don’t go in the spot that the thin lightning landed. If you also have trouble with Mashtooth sucking up everything, dash to the opposite side of Mashtooth if you the rocks are blocking you way, you star spin on them so won’t get hit and won’t lose your life.

• lukartheman // August 14, 2011 at 9:59 am // Reply

All you have to do is, when Mashtooth charges, jump over him and spin attack. When he gets to 5 HP left, he will show these small strikes of lightning. They show where the bigger strikes are, so get away from them. When Mashtooth gets down to 3 HP, he will try to inhale Starfy. Dash away from him and spin attack the rocks. While fighting the second form, you have to keep hitting Mashtooth’s head while dodging the lightning. Once Mashtooth goes to the “Second Layer” you will have to spin attack what appears to be A mace’s head. Repeat until he is down. On the final form, you just have to button mash the “Y” button. The red beam is near impossible unless you are a great button masher, and you pause and keep your muscles steady. Another way to do it is the CHEAP way, where you get a pen/coin and rub it over the “Y” key.

10. The starfy series accculy started in Japan. 3 gameboy advance games were released, then he had 1 ds game so this is the fifth in the series from what Iv’e heard.

11. How do you avoid those lightning strikes on the second Mashtooth? I’ve been stuck since I got there.

• squirtlelover // January 12, 2010 at 6:39 pm // Reply

When the thin lines of lightning strike, that is where the real lightning will strike.Just get in the middle of the thin lines and you will dodge the lightning bolts if you stay there.

12. I don’t have it, but it sounds good.

13. i cant beat the part when you have to rapidly press y

14. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! My Dad finnaly beat mashtooth! Oh, and by the way, for all you lucky people,after you beat mashtooth, get to the big world map then press the R button once and…. TADA!!! you get world 10 witch is…. PUFFTOP!! And for a added bonus:get to play as starly, get to fight konk, and treasure room at the end! Bye!

15. Yea, mashtooth is a pain. i got to him in 2 days but the part were you have to rapidly press y… iv’e been stuck on it for months.

16. it is cool

17. To get past that mega snark, just don’t use turbo swim or star spin. When an enemy gets in your way, use the star spin and quickly hide behind one of the masts (the big wooden poles.) Really, it’s that simple!
    P.S.It will be useful if you DO get eaten by the mega snark…

18. since ya have to hide behind the poles,wait until after mega snark attempts to eat you,then turbo swim as fast as you can to the next pole.does mega snark still keep get’n ya?try turbo swimming behind the railing.it may not have any pearls,but it’s worth it.besides,later in the level,you have to go inside mega snark to get a shard that he swallowed.

19. rocker 22233399 // October 14, 2009 at 8:28 pm // Reply

my sister has it too and she is really good at it and she is so much better at video games than me, but before you comment on that she is also three years older than me so that makes a difference.

20. rocker 22233399 // October 11, 2009 at 2:07 pm // Reply

when you know what to do you can get past the last level on mashtooth,and there are three levels on mashtooth one you have to beat him with your shooting star move and when he gets down to four hits he starts to suck you in by his nose,once you beat that he turns into mega mashtooth you have to hit him on the head three times for him to lose one health point and then he throws medal balls at you so hit it with your star spin and hope that they hit him the last one is really hard I barley couldn’t get past it you have to push y as fast as you you can there are two health points on this one is easy one is hard so hope you can finish it I have can you?

21. rocker 22233399 // October 11, 2009 at 1:46 pm // Reply

Legendary Starfy is the best game I ever played out of our 27 games that we bought

22. i have it the last level is hard

23. I want this game

• starfy's biggest fan! // March 5, 2010 at 5:54 pm // Reply

if you want to buy this game, you can go to toys R us, costco, wal mart, super store, or hmv.

• ????????????? // June 22, 2010 at 12:07 pm // Reply

after you beat the big bad boss, if you beat the big bad bossdown in 9 minutes you unlock stage 10,which is timed. I’ve never played though

24. i beat the game in 3 months