Age of Empires 3

I’m really bad at strategy games, even though I play a lot. Could you tell me some of the tips you have?

Games Guru: I’ll start by giving you some basic information that applies to any Age of Empires: Learn to level up quickly. Above all else, you need workers to advance your civilization, and you need food for workers. So the moment the game starts, tell your town center to start training workers and send the workers you have to gather food. As new workers arrive, have them build houses so you can train more workers, gather wood so you can build houses and buildings, and gather food. Build your force up to 15 or even 20 workers because the faster you gather food and build shelters, the faster you can move to the next level. You will need to find your right balance—but a few things hold true:

• Don’t worry about gathering gold until your civilization has evolved the first time.
  • Send soldiers and workers out. Find more resources, explore the map, claim territory, KNOW WHERE YOUR ENEMIES ARE HIDDEN!
  • The best players can max out the entire technology tree in well under 15 minutes. Master the skills you need so you can level up and attack quickly.

26 Comments on Age of Empires 3

1. could you please put in a AGE OF MYTHOLOGY comments box?

2. IS Age of empires 3 OUT

3. Wood Man Pwns You! // September 8, 2007 at 8:04 am // Reply

I like the Russians, their military grows faster and I like to fight.

4. ?????>??????m // August 31, 2007 at 7:35 pm // Reply

be the spanish they rock against treasure guardians

5. type in tuck tuck tuck & you get a monster truck that can run over enything!

6. darth bane // August 8, 2007 at 7:41 am // Reply

sorry bill but thats only in age of empirs 1!

7. try typing “fill this basket”. it gives you ten gold. or maybe that’s on one of the older versions, i can never remember…

• that must be for an older version,for this one it is “give me liberty or give me gold” or maybe the last word is coin,I’m not sure

8. i really loved this game. i cheated by editing my home city file to level 100

9. legofreak1000 // July 4, 2007 at 8:47 am // Reply

the expansion pack is awsome!!!!!

10. Great Britain Guy // June 28, 2007 at 1:23 pm // Reply

If you’re the british you need lots of people on wood

11. Yea it does have something to do with the piece of wood.Get a about 4 villagers from the farm next to your fort.Take them over to the pile of wood.Drag a box around them and right click on the pieces of wood.They will start picking them up and making a fire with them! Theres you answer.

12. try: “BIG DADDY”

u get a rocket launcher car

13. robo cup winner // June 21, 2007 at 9:08 pm // Reply

THEY MADE A 3 :0 i never knew that i have all them 1 and 2 i got to buy this or i dont have all them.

14. MY friend has It, and next time I am going to ask him if I CAN PLAY!!!!

PS: I have never played but looks prety awsome.

16. This game is fun. I like the strategy that goes along with it.

17. It’s like the coolest game ever! I like playing it every day. In Age of Empires III I like the British.The Russians are on level 18!

18. Sonicdude // May 13, 2007 at 6:08 am // Reply

One, enter “tuck tuck tuck” after pressing “enter” and get a monster truck. (It works!) Also, Age of Empires 2 rules! Finally, how do you beat the first mission campaign. Does it have something to do with the pile of wood?

19. its sweet cause like the graphics r awesome

and the people get thrown by the cannons

20. jonny_boy!! // May 3, 2007 at 9:38 am // Reply

hey i no cheats we have 2 duel soome time =p ill pwn u all!!! lol jk ill tell u cheats here they r for wood is: lumber jack,,,,,for food is: cheese steak jimmy’s,,,,for stone is: rock on,,,,,for gold is: robin hood,,,,and my favorit is a car that shoots guns and have like alot of LIFE this 1 is: how do you turn this on,,, or how do u turn this thing on,, im not sure i havent played in a few days LOL

21. if u think AoE 3 is good, try the War Chiefs exp pack comes with a new 2 act camp + more

M!ch@3l says: AoE rules!!

22. I like thisgame

23. 34dfbhzdfh // April 6, 2007 at 10:39 pm // Reply

Age of Empires 3 is good, but I like Age of Empires 2 and 1 better. The graphics don’t stand a chance. It’s cool how cannon shots go through the buildings and wood flies out

24. ??????????// // April 3, 2007 at 12:37 am // Reply

its canny good but the graphics arnt!!! i think the fast firing boats ar da best specially wen u upgrade fully they pwn!

25. AOE 3 is amazing witg all it’s graphics. When you have cavalry and infantry all charging on the field and then caanon booming in the distance it feels like your in the fight.