Donkey Kong

I found this on http://www.gamebrew.com. After you get to the top, Donkey Kong takes the girl and goes higher, and keeps on doing this. Is he supposed to? Also, I don’t get How High Can You Get.

Games Guru: Donkey Kong continues to take Pauline higher until you defeat him and rescue her—in the girder stage in which you knock the pins out of the steel girder building and it collapses, spilling DK on his head. Sadly, the rescue is short lived. From there you return to the barrel-jumping stage, followed by the spring factory, followed by the cement factory. As I’m sure you know, you simply continue and Jumpman (Mario’s original name in this game) never really gets the girl.

(BTW, the cement factory level, my favorite, isn’t on the NES version of Donkey Kong. Bummer.)

43 Comments on Donkey Kong

1. I can not get past level 2 on wii plz help

2. A giant 8-bit Donkey Kong vs. normal-size 8-bit Mario in the final stage in the 3DS version of Donkey Kong? WHOA. Just whoa.

3. i have this on my 3DS and the last level is a giant DK you have to defeat

4. I have the gameboy one.

5. Someone You Don't Know // April 12, 2011 at 5:46 pm // Reply

I have this game on my GBA. It is part of the Classic NES Series games. I know, it’s hard. I can only get past Level 1! I bet it’s only easy for the experts!

6. this game is awesome!)

• pacman_better_than_yoshi // August 2, 2011 at 11:22 pm // Reply

For five weeks or more, I could always check on my dad and watch him play this game.Oh, yeah,Yoshi is gross because he’s always eating goombas!!! Who knows where those Goombas have been!!!

7. ive been on alot of sites and i havent been able to go up levels!!

• DARTH VADER 101 // July 31, 2011 at 10:25 am // Reply

That’s because on the online version, they only remade 1 level.Also,online there’s no hammer and sound is slightly distorted.

8. Have any of you ever seen the kill screen? It’s where everything ends. It’s like on stage 36 of the cement factory. In total, stage 187. What happens on the kill screen is that once you get to the middle, the game has no data left, and you just immediately die. Even if you didn’t get hit by a barrel/whatever. Even if you had some lives left. I saw this on a movie called King of Kong.

• not really its that it reduces its timer a big mistake and sets it to seven seconds until it automatically kills you plus its the barrel level xplant

9. the game is so easy. i have on the virtual console for wii

10. cool game

11. You know, for those of you who don’t have a NES, just get a Wii! You can download games like Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario 64, etc.

• Fan of Super Mario Bros. 3 // March 29, 2011 at 7:01 am // Reply

If you want this game get for wii, unless you are like me and have a NES, than get it for that!

12. Silver Spiker // October 23, 2008 at 6:49 am // Reply

In reply to 3-DILL:

There’s no top.

Super Bummer.

13. I would like some new games for my nintendo DS and Wii.

14. Frustrated Player // September 25, 2008 at 8:41 pm // Reply

How the heck do you get past Squirt’s Showdown in Donkey Kong Country III??? (I’m playing it on a Nintendo Gameboy SP.)

• Pedro and Ordep of the galaxy // August 24, 2011 at 6:48 pm // Reply

You squirt water at him when his eyes are visible as ellie the elephant.(P.S.I got to the Lost World and my favorite level is called “Stampede Sprint”.)

15. my dad loves this game were gonna get it soon on the wii

16. Cacklettaconquerer // August 20, 2008 at 9:48 pm // Reply

This game is so dull it only has 3 levels!

17. Kino the deciever // May 12, 2008 at 1:09 pm // Reply

This game ont eh NES is fun and I think you can unlock Bowser as a boss if you get enough points. You will just play the game like normal, only Bowser will replace Donkey Kong and the levels will be a bit harder.

18. its dumb that “jumpman” never saves pauline. weird.

19. DO you get the yellow pegs on level one hundred or do walk into the force shields

20. pauline is named peach

21. bible boy // July 8, 2007 at 7:52 pm // Reply

clyde is not nuts its truu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. CLYDE is nuts.

23. DONKY KONG IS EVEN BETTER THAN A PLASMA TV!!!

24. Ash Ketchum // April 9, 2007 at 5:02 pm // Reply

i like DK a LiL,but not tat much.

25. my donkey kong game will not start because it needs a rare memory card that my mom got rid of but is was my favorite video game

26. a very good at cheating gamer // April 6, 2007 at 8:14 pm // Reply

I love the gameplay but boy do those graphics stink I’d much rather play super mario.

27. How do you get to the top

28. its like the coolest old game ever

29. i like donkey kong very much!