Mario Kart Wii

How to get rainbow road in Mario Cart Wii?

Games Guru: This is an awesome, difficult course. It’s based on Super Mario Galaxy and you might fall into space and totally burn up. There are no real shortcuts. You get Rainbow Road by placing in the top three in Mushroom, Flower and Star cup races. There is a shortcut once you get Rainbow Road. It’s not easy to do, but here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsXOsAQ_NWE

I have a 7000 VR, but battles are completely different. I get 15+ coins, but then I get hit by POWs, shells, Mega-Mushrooms, etc. At the end, I have less than six. And then it “forgets” that I once had 15 coins, and I lose VR. I don’t even know how OTHER people get high ratings. In the manual it says you can choose to play people near your rating, but either I can’t find that setting or 3,000 is “near”. I refuse to believe 5800 is my “true” VR. Help!

Games Guru: Here are some tips. Take note of number 8. http://www.wikihow.com/Dominate-Mario-Kart-Wii-Online-Racing
Regarding the rating system, yes, it could be better. Maybe the new Mario Kart will deal with that a bit better.

I have almost all of the characters and karts, but there are a few that I’m stuck on. How do I get Dry Bowser, Baby Daisy, Mii Costume B, and Bowser Jr.

Games Guru:
For Dry Bowser, get a 1 Star rating in all the 150 cc Cups.
For Baby Daisy, get a 1 Star rating in all the 50cc Cups
For Mii Costume B, unlock all 32 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials Mode.
For Bowser Jr., get a 1 Star rating in all 50cc Retro Cups.

I need help. I printed out how to unlock everything, but I don’t know what an expert staff ghost is! Can you tell me?

Games Guru: Ah, the mysterious Expert Staff Ghosts. These are super-good finish times made by the Nintendo developers for Time Trial Mode. You have to beat the Normal Staff Ghosts by as much as 3 seconds to 10 seconds to unlock them. It won’t be easy. But keep trying. Good luck!

Can you find me some tips for how to win the final racecar? I have won all the others but can’t win the last one no matter what I try. Thank you for your help.

Games Guru: If you’re talking about the last medium kart, you have have to unlock the 24 expert staff ghosts first.

Games Guru, how do we unlock the character Funky Kong in this game?

Games Guru: You need to get the expert staff ghost. And you need to be fast in two to eight seconds, depending on the track length. The second window after you are done with your Time Trial will tell you if you unlocked one. Get four to unlock Funky Kong.

How do you get Mii Outfit B? I have every other person except Mii Outfit B.

Games Guru: You have to unlock the expert ghosts on ALL 32 tracks. Then you’ll get Mii Outfit B. It’s not easy since it takes a lot of time. The expert ghost in Ghost Valley 2 is really hard.

Dear Games Guru, How do you get a star on Mario Kart?

Games Guru: That’s a great question. You have to do at least some of these things:
– You need final score of at least 52.
– Stay ahead of the pack in your laps.
– Don’t use the Bullet Bills very much to get into the lead.
– When you’re in the air after jumping a ramp, do tricks.
– Place first or at least lead for a good part of the race.
– Don’t fall off the tracks.
If you want three stars, you have to get a score of 60. That means perfection, and it’s really hard to do. Getting one star is really good, too!

Any codes?

Games Guru: No codes, but here’s how to unlock the Golden Wheel: Use the Wii Wheel in all modes. After that, go online. You’ll see the Golden Wheel is unlocked – right next to your name.

682 Comments on Mario Kart Wii

1. whats mirror mode?

2. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS // August 15, 2010 at 11:38 am // Reply

i am ranked 2nd in the world on almost all the courses!!!!!!! :)

3. For anybody that has trouble unlocking staff ghosts, use Wario on the Spear!
    WALUIGI AND KING BOO STILL RULE!!! :D

4. nintendo freak // August 10, 2010 at 3:01 pm // Reply

hello i am just trying to get dragonetti (whatever that is) if you want to know how to get it just ask :-)

5. boysrule58 // August 4, 2010 at 6:06 pm // Reply

im 7 seconds away from world champ in gba shy guy beach! it rocks.

p.s i unlocked all characters except for dry bowser and bowser jr.

6. you can unlock Rosalina by playing Super Mario Galaxy on your Wii.

7. baby luigi // August 1, 2010 at 2:43 pm // Reply

ive unlocked everything gold in every cup except im still a 1 star rank:(

8. redhead736 // July 31, 2010 at 2:40 pm // Reply

i am stuck on getting expert ghosts!

9. You can get first in any wfc race by turning off the wfc in the middle of a race.

10. You can unlock Dry Bowser by getting a “One Star” rank on all wii stages in 150cc.

11. Funky Kong, Luigi, Koopa Troopa, Baby Luigi, Bowser and Mario are in the finals for the best character. All the characters who are in the finals are here because someone voted for them at least once except Mario. He got in because it’s his game.

12. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS // July 25, 2010 at 7:51 pm // Reply

sneakster pwns! ;)

13. I have all gold cups in 50,100, and 150. I am working on mirror mode

14. how do yoe beat special cup on 100cc

15. You get blue falcon by gettin first place on lightning cup mirror mode.

16. Mamamia I am the best.

17. Funky Kong // July 14, 2010 at 12:26 pm // Reply

I am the best!

18. redhead736 // July 8, 2010 at 7:34 am // Reply

i love coconut mall.

19. redhead736 // July 8, 2010 at 7:32 am // Reply

mine is called baby mario.

20. Dolphin Dasher // July 7, 2010 at 1:51 pm // Reply

Just so everyone knows, retro cups are the Shell, Banana, Leaf, and Lightning cups. Wii Cups are the Mushroom, Flower, Star, and Special Cups. And, contrary to many people’s opinion, You get Dry Bowser by getting a star or above on the WII cups. You get the Aero Glider by getting a star or higher on the Retro Cups.

21. I will tell anyone a short cut in if they tell me about mirror and retro races.

• I can’t tell you about retro sorry but to unlock mirror you need to beet all the 150cc races

• you could be come an ace if you practice on there orignal consoles/handheld. also I know two shortcuts one at cocinut mall and Defino square

• IAMAWESOME // December 5, 2010 at 6:34 pm //

i know 1 shortcut on defino square its where ur in the town thurn right and theres some mud whats the other one and if the 2 shortcuts 4 coccunut mall r the really easy one where theres an alternate way 2 leve and whaen you go though the shop and u skip an escalater then dont tell me any cocunt mall shortcuts

22. How do you get fast stff ghost data?

• Expert Staff Ghost // July 9, 2010 at 5:43 pm // Reply

To get Expert Staff Ghosts you have to have at least seven seconds more than a Normal Staff Ghost to unlock the Expert Staff Ghost for that course.

23. I am awesome // July 7, 2010 at 8:17 am // Reply

Whats a mii suit?

24. Ok, since nobody agrees about who is the best racer, everone reply to this comment on who they like best.

25. Halaswisscheese // June 29, 2010 at 3:03 pm // Reply

on the nintendo wfc thing where you face other people worldwide, has any one here ever faced alien freak? if you look at his name, it looks like mumbo jumbo but after a closer look, it says alien freak. Any way, he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO darn good and laped me on jungle parkway even though i got 2nd place by a mile.

26. you know the “mama” of all Luma’s on Super Maria Galaxy? ( Rosealina) You can unlock her by playing Galaxy then playing mariokart!

27. Can you unlock any New Characters in the game?

• pokefan 500 // June 25, 2010 at 5:42 pm // Reply

yes you can

• ravenousreader // June 30, 2010 at 9:23 am // Reply

dear Frannster, yes you can unlock Characters by going on to youtube and you put in mario kart help and their should be a video that tells you the Characters and how to unlock them

28. if any one wants to know how to get your mii to race as get first on 50 star cup

29. Anonymous // June 1, 2010 at 2:20 pm // Reply

Gantt:How do you unlock Dry Bones?

30. captionkid1998 // May 31, 2010 at 3:41 am // Reply

Dry Bones with the Blue Falcon is by far the BEST!

31. Treeckoman // May 17, 2010 at 4:49 pm // Reply

To mario karter:Am awnsome with KING BOO! He is the best!

32. mario karter // May 11, 2010 at 9:01 pm // Reply

It’s REALLY cool especially KING BOO!

33. Auburn S // May 9, 2010 at 2:27 pm // Reply

Theres still one friend on my roster who still hasn’t quit or deleted me… I think! xD

34. boysrule58 // May 8, 2010 at 5:13 pm // Reply

You know, sometimes you can get people for racing ___ number of times. I know this, but there are 3 characters I have not unlocked. Baby Daisy, Dry Bowser, and Bowser Jr. So I’m wondering, how many times do you have to race to get Baby Daisy, Dry Bowser, and Bowser Jr.? P.S I know a lot of stuff, so ask me questions if you need to.

35. nin*gorin // May 2, 2010 at 8:14 pm // Reply

Ok to unlock the golden wii wheel, you use the wheel a bunch and play nintendo WFC.

• nin*gorin, you are wrong. To get the golden Wii Wheel,the thethe the the rat, you must check to make sure Wii Wheel usage is above 50% and you played 100 games. To look for the usage percentage, hit Mii License Records at the top right hand after selecting your mii.

36. the thethe the the rat // May 1, 2010 at 8:48 am // Reply

How do you get the gold wii wheel???

37. I am wodering:what is the website to see the gold wii wheel next to your name???

• qwerty123 // May 2, 2010 at 5:02 pm // Reply

to: dase. It is on mario kart not any website. To get to it go to the screen where there is 1-player, 2-4 player, mario kart channel and nintedo WFC. Click on nintedo WFC 1 or 2 players then start your race and you should see the Golden Wheel.

38. any tips on racing on mirror mode?

• boysrule58 // May 8, 2010 at 5:20 pm // Reply

OOPS! also, right is reversed from left.

• There is one tip that I did before racing on mirror cup tracks.
      Just go to Versus mode and change the settings. Put the cc to Mirror.Then put the difficulty to easy beacause when racing on the mirror cup your opponnts will be on hard. So you need to practice a bit before racing them.

39. dear “mega cheat”,

how do you unlock mii suit C?

40. you can usually see some shortcuts on the map.

41. if your on wifi you can often see people useing shortcuts.

42. reply if you want to now a shortcut for deserthills.

43. its really fun!

44. Ca*Layne#% // April 13, 2010 at 6:57 am // Reply

this game is even better on wifi.My vr used to be like 9024,but some hacker changed that so its around 8200
    Im still really good.

45. how do you get expert staff ghost data in time trials

46. mario and luigi bowsers inside story // March 24, 2010 at 4:56 pm // Reply

how do you get the gold wii wheel?

• pokémario // April 2, 2010 at 2:02 am // Reply

You have to get your wii wheel usage to 50% or something like that. Just keep using the wheel and you’ll eventually get it.

47. Thanks qwerty I did!!!

48. How do you unlock the skeletal Bowser.

49. My Versus Rank is 6813, I have all vehicles and characters except for Mii Outfit B, Along with a Gold Wii Wheel & 2 star rank. If any help is needed, let me know.

50. My Versus Rank is 6813, I have all vehicles and characters excelt for Mii Outfit B, Along with a Gold Wii Wheel & 2 star rank. If any help is needed, let me know.

1 2 3 4 6