New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Any tips for getting past the boss in the fortress in world 2? I am stuck at it. I am also stuck at the castle in world 5.

Games Guru: The boss you’re fighting is Roy Koopa. If he lands and you’re on the ground, he’ll paralyze you. As he lands, jump onto his head to avoid his attack. Do this two more times. I don’t know where you’re stuck in the castle.

Do you have any tips for the new multiplayer Mario Bros. game?

Games Guru: Here are some tips:

– When riding Yoshi, you can eat projectiles thrown by enemies. Spit them out to give them a taste of their own medicine!

– You can carry other players to help them get through challenging areas of the game.

– If four players are playing at the same time, jump together and simultaneously press down on the + Control Pad to perform a Ground Pound. It creates a huge tremor that eliminates all land-based enemies.

– When flying with the Propeller Suit, shake the Wiimote as you fall to increase the range of your horizontal descent.

– Use frozen enemies as platforms to gain access to hard-to-reach areas. Make sure you jump off before they melt!

– Players riding Yoshi can jump higher and longer if they continue to hold the “2” button after leaving the ground.

– Jump on other players’ heads to reach areas you wouldn’t be able to access on your own.

52 Comments on New Super Mario Bros. Wii

1. I beat Bowser in 1 life

2. In world 5 the ghost castle has a hidden door for the cannon.

3. how do I get past world 5

4. to get 99 lives go to world 2-3 and at the end there will bw a turtle going down steps jump on him when hes on the third step and mario should keep jumping on it

5. i know a cool way to get 1ups. go to 1-1. then on the last spining piece of ground, there should be a pipe. go in the indent made by the pipe. then wait on the pipe. it should spin into a secret area under ground. in there are a bunch of coins down there and three invisible blocks that hold 1ups.
    p.s. if someone could clarify this, that would be great

• ask mario master // February 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm // Reply

to get 99 lives,get world 1-1 and go on the last spin-pipe, wait and you won’t die,you’ll go to a hidden area with about 50 coins and the 3 spots without coins are 1-up mushrooms, and the spot before the one i just said about and there is a 1-up and the red coins, and the flag. i did this about 12 times after i naturally got 60 lives. sorry about the long comment

6. KOOPA TROOPA MASTER // February 7, 2010 at 9:21 am // Reply

i just started literally and i need help on world 2 castle

• Big Bone Yoshi // February 14, 2010 at 8:43 pm // Reply

First, get a second player to help you. You can take turns by doing these instructions: when 1 of you is in danger, press a. You will instantly go in a bubble without losing a life, and you get to keep your power up ( fire flower, penguin suit ). By the way, what castle are you on? I’m a pro/#1 mario bros. fan. And by the way, never trade a penguin suit for an ice flower. And if you are lucky, Mario will appear hatless until you die ( it won’t happen instantly and you will still have a hat for the penguin and propeller suits.)

• Scribblenaut // November 14, 2010 at 6:58 pm // Reply

I assume your trouble is with the boss. When he pops in the pipes made by Kamek, get into one one “grid square” gap at the sides. When he lands, DO NOT BE ON THE GROUND. If you are a unlucky star, you will be stunned for a couple seconds. If you doged, bop him with those famous brown boots(Jump on him). Do it thrice, and HE. IS. HISTORY!!!

7. I love this game its asome

8. NEWSupermariobroswiigeek // February 1, 2010 at 5:35 pm // Reply

HELPPPP IM STUCK ON WORLD 8 THE LEVEL AFTER THE WATER 1

9. This game is awesome!!! I’ve been playing with my mom since christmas. Almost done with world 8!

10. Legend of Zelda mastr // January 26, 2010 at 6:20 pm // Reply

This game is really hard! I’ve had it since Christmas and still haven’t gotten past world 1! I’ve even used a continue already! :-( :( :( :( :(

11. on world 1-3,there is a secret exit.go to the castle in world 1 to find out how you get it.[not the boss castle]

12. Here’s a tip for 1-ups:
    In world 1-3 (which is the stage with yoshis), there is a fire-breathing pihrana plant after the 1/2 way point. If you have a yoshi, swallow the pihrana plant. Wait until the koppa and gomba at the top of the pyramid thing hit the ground. Once they do, spit out the pihrana plant. (it turns into a fireball.) After you spit out the fireball, follow it to the hammer bro area. You should hit many enemies and get a few 1-ups. If you’re lucky, the fireball will hit a hammer bro or two at the end, yielding one or two more 1-ups.
    This may be a small amount of 1-ups, but the number can add up.
    Hope this helps. :)

13. Salamence101 // January 20, 2010 at 4:33 pm // Reply

I am in the forest level, but i got game over right at the castle. I just lost an hours worth of play time. :(

14. my dad got me this game , It Rock and how do you get 99 Life?!?! My dad has 18! I had 26 I know this cheat. In world 1 level ? (the ? means I don’t know,It might be level 3 or 4) Get the star and dash and when you hit the piranah plants you get 5 1-up, if you hit all of the plants with star mario(works with the toads and lugi to!!) I may be wrong about the toatl 1-up. :) bye Its Mario time!!:)

• Did you Know it is in w1 Level 2 you go to that big mound of blocks and then you have to be big then you run and duck and go to the middle then ground pound on the mishroom dude and hit the box then you get the star and run all the way through using the star as fast as you can killing all the guys.

• It is level 1-2 goose!

• the essence of the triforce // February 7, 2010 at 2:41 pm // Reply

easiest way to get a ton of one ups: the bullet bills in world 6. hit as few as you can and then when the toad appears, you get 2 or 3 one ups for 30 seconds of work. and if you get 99 up….cool surprise!!!!

15. What is the cheapest place to buy this game? my friends say this game rocks.

16. hey here is a tip in multiplayer mode ground-pound at the same time to kill everybody on the screen!

17. marioisawsome // January 15, 2010 at 12:52 pm // Reply

its a challanging game but its fun 10 out of 10

18. This game is awesome!!!!!

19. I like the propeller suit. My sister and i are beating the story mode

• Hpotterrocks // February 22, 2010 at 8:22 pm // Reply

I love this mario game.. its really addicting… me and my sister play this all the time and only a month ago we got this game and we r stuck on the last castle.. any tips on how we can pass this level?

20. hard game

21. My sister and I beat the main story! After you beat bowser peach tells you about a world 9, but the thing is, to get to one stage you have to collect all of the star coins for a world

22. I bought this game the other day and it is awesome! I love Mario
    Bros.

23. This game look cool! :)

24. it’s true!

25. if you get 99 lives, Mario will no longer have a hat.

1 2 3 8