New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Any tips for getting past the boss in the fortress in world 2? I am stuck at it. I am also stuck at the castle in world 5.

Games Guru: The boss you’re fighting is Roy Koopa. If he lands and you’re on the ground, he’ll paralyze you. As he lands, jump onto his head to avoid his attack. Do this two more times. I don’t know where you’re stuck in the castle.

Do you have any tips for the new multiplayer Mario Bros. game?

Games Guru: Here are some tips:

– When riding Yoshi, you can eat projectiles thrown by enemies. Spit them out to give them a taste of their own medicine!

– You can carry other players to help them get through challenging areas of the game.

– If four players are playing at the same time, jump together and simultaneously press down on the + Control Pad to perform a Ground Pound. It creates a huge tremor that eliminates all land-based enemies.

– When flying with the Propeller Suit, shake the Wiimote as you fall to increase the range of your horizontal descent.

– Use frozen enemies as platforms to gain access to hard-to-reach areas. Make sure you jump off before they melt!

– Players riding Yoshi can jump higher and longer if they continue to hold the “2” button after leaving the ground.

– Jump on other players’ heads to reach areas you wouldn’t be able to access on your own.

430 Comments on New Super Mario Bros. Wii

1. I’m not a very good player but I’m trying (I’m an old 52 year old mom but I”m cool. My daughter and me play. Please someone tell me how to beat that creature at the end of world 1.

• I play with my cousin,and we can’t even get to the end of world1.

• Scribblenaut // November 14, 2010 at 6:35 pm //

WHY IS NO ONE EVER SPESIFIC?!?! Aw well. I like helping others. Anyway, the pillars will rise up and down. After you have made one of his hit points give, he’ll be spinning like like a rotissary chicken in his shell! Stay on the HIGH pillars to stay safe. The magic shots fired can be drove away with a ice ball. Do the above procedjure, and… WELCOME TO WORLD 2!!!

• jump on his head.

• person455 // June 9, 2010 at 4:41 pm // Reply

Keep jumping on his head. Avoid his spiked shell!

Sent from my Wii

• Propeller+Mario=Bye bye turtle!

• you mean cheeksy?just jump on him 3 times and get the key

2. need help

3. 00Mushroom // March 4, 2010 at 4:29 pm // Reply

oh yeah luigi rookie too :)

4. 00Mushroom // March 4, 2010 at 4:28 pm // Reply

Hey Mario Rookie get a propeller fly over him hit the button and remember K mak is in the cage so run.

5. Pokenate1096 // March 4, 2010 at 12:27 pm // Reply

Someone7222> dude! that would be super creepy!

6. Pokenate1096 // March 4, 2010 at 12:26 pm // Reply

luigi rookie> Hmmmmmm… all i can say is you definitely need propeller hat.

figit> yeah i think thats pretty cool i figured that out too.

Baby luigi> 2 weeks!?! seriously dude you need some practice no offense

Yeah I’ve almost completed the game. i only need to get all star coins in only 2 more worlds.

7. 00Mushroom // March 3, 2010 at 5:13 pm // Reply

You’ll get bonus points by killing bowser with a fire flower then destroying the bridge

8. 00Mushroom // March 3, 2010 at 5:05 pm // Reply

oops :( I meant to the ship.

9. 00Mushroom // March 3, 2010 at 5:04 pm // Reply

Hate world 8? me too :(. so at world 8-2 there is a red flag that takes you to a bonus course that’s super easy and takes to the ship:).

10. IsaacGoldenSun // February 28, 2010 at 1:47 pm // Reply

Does anybody need help?

11. King of Mario // February 26, 2010 at 8:30 pm // Reply

I lost to Ludwig Von Koopa in 7-castle (I fell of the platforms…).

12. i past the game in about 3 days or a little less

13. I don’t know about you guys but I Beat Bowser in about 2 weeks LOL!

14. luigi rookie // February 24, 2010 at 6:41 am // Reply

i am on world 8 level 1 any tips

• To Luigi Rookie try to have ice flower and freeze the buzzy beatles and try to watch the fire plumes.

• luigi lover // March 10, 2010 at 1:20 pm // Reply

dear luigi rookie go as fast as u can if u grab the pow block near the flag u should hold it over ur head as long as u can bc it destroys meteors if they touch it while its over ur head

15. Do you people no any tips on how i can pass world 8 bowsers catsle.

16. KOOPA TROOPA MASTER // February 23, 2010 at 7:13 pm // Reply

this game is great :):):):):):):)

17. Can Toad lose his hat?

18. we’re trying to beat bowser at the end of world 8. Any tips?

• littlehelper // February 23, 2010 at 9:32 am // Reply

You’re on world 8 mario rookie?! i got it 1 month ago and i only am on world 2 level 3!!!

• Scribblenaut // November 14, 2010 at 6:47 pm //

Okay then, Allow me, Scribblenaut, to assist you. Getting a starman beforehand can really help. Just dash through the level at star speed! Still, look out for BOTTOMLESS PITS!!! Starman will run out though, trek carefully, but quickly because of time restrictions. Not even Mario is immortal, you know. BUT, at the end stairs, there is a infinite 1-up trick I will tell. Wait on steps below koopa. When he is 2 steps above you, JUMP! Just watch and wait, while Mario gets INFINITE 1-UPS!!!

• here’s a tip. Try to ( after you pass bowser throwing fireballs) to hit the next ? block to get a propeller mushroom. Then you fly across the rest of the level! Good luck!

19. I have the Prima Guide. So if you ever need help just ask me!

20. To Newsupermariobrotherswiigeek have an ice flower you then can freeze the bomb bombs and throw them off the platform

21. i got shot to world 8 when i was on world 5!!!!!!!!!!! i got it on ghost house i think

22. on world2 go to the right after you beat world one.use the regular mushroom and in it you will see a block over some quicksand. go in the quicksand and hit the block. an ice flower will come out.

23. IssacGoldenSun // February 17, 2010 at 4:14 pm // Reply

Mario without the hat is weird, but luigi is weirder.

24. world 8 is hard

25. Big Bone Yoshi // February 14, 2010 at 8:48 pm // Reply

What is the secret goal for world 1-3?

26. I beat Bowser in 1 life

27. In world 5 the ghost castle has a hidden door for the cannon.

28. how do I get past world 5

29. to get 99 lives go to world 2-3 and at the end there will bw a turtle going down steps jump on him when hes on the third step and mario should keep jumping on it

30. i know a cool way to get 1ups. go to 1-1. then on the last spining piece of ground, there should be a pipe. go in the indent made by the pipe. then wait on the pipe. it should spin into a secret area under ground. in there are a bunch of coins down there and three invisible blocks that hold 1ups.
    p.s. if someone could clarify this, that would be great

• ask mario master // February 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm // Reply

to get 99 lives,get world 1-1 and go on the last spin-pipe, wait and you won’t die,you’ll go to a hidden area with about 50 coins and the 3 spots without coins are 1-up mushrooms, and the spot before the one i just said about and there is a 1-up and the red coins, and the flag. i did this about 12 times after i naturally got 60 lives. sorry about the long comment

31. KOOPA TROOPA MASTER // February 7, 2010 at 9:21 am // Reply

i just started literally and i need help on world 2 castle

• Big Bone Yoshi // February 14, 2010 at 8:43 pm // Reply

First, get a second player to help you. You can take turns by doing these instructions: when 1 of you is in danger, press a. You will instantly go in a bubble without losing a life, and you get to keep your power up ( fire flower, penguin suit ). By the way, what castle are you on? I’m a pro/#1 mario bros. fan. And by the way, never trade a penguin suit for an ice flower. And if you are lucky, Mario will appear hatless until you die ( it won’t happen instantly and you will still have a hat for the penguin and propeller suits.)

• Scribblenaut // November 14, 2010 at 6:58 pm // Reply

I assume your trouble is with the boss. When he pops in the pipes made by Kamek, get into one one “grid square” gap at the sides. When he lands, DO NOT BE ON THE GROUND. If you are a unlucky star, you will be stunned for a couple seconds. If you doged, bop him with those famous brown boots(Jump on him). Do it thrice, and HE. IS. HISTORY!!!

32. I love this game its asome

33. NEWSupermariobroswiigeek // February 1, 2010 at 5:35 pm // Reply

HELPPPP IM STUCK ON WORLD 8 THE LEVEL AFTER THE WATER 1

34. This game is awesome!!! I’ve been playing with my mom since christmas. Almost done with world 8!

35. Legend of Zelda mastr // January 26, 2010 at 6:20 pm // Reply

This game is really hard! I’ve had it since Christmas and still haven’t gotten past world 1! I’ve even used a continue already! :-( :( :( :( :(

36. on world 1-3,there is a secret exit.go to the castle in world 1 to find out how you get it.[not the boss castle]

37. Here’s a tip for 1-ups:
    In world 1-3 (which is the stage with yoshis), there is a fire-breathing pihrana plant after the 1/2 way point. If you have a yoshi, swallow the pihrana plant. Wait until the koppa and gomba at the top of the pyramid thing hit the ground. Once they do, spit out the pihrana plant. (it turns into a fireball.) After you spit out the fireball, follow it to the hammer bro area. You should hit many enemies and get a few 1-ups. If you’re lucky, the fireball will hit a hammer bro or two at the end, yielding one or two more 1-ups.
    This may be a small amount of 1-ups, but the number can add up.
    Hope this helps. :)

38. Salamence101 // January 20, 2010 at 4:33 pm // Reply

I am in the forest level, but i got game over right at the castle. I just lost an hours worth of play time. :(

39. my dad got me this game , It Rock and how do you get 99 Life?!?! My dad has 18! I had 26 I know this cheat. In world 1 level ? (the ? means I don’t know,It might be level 3 or 4) Get the star and dash and when you hit the piranah plants you get 5 1-up, if you hit all of the plants with star mario(works with the toads and lugi to!!) I may be wrong about the toatl 1-up. :) bye Its Mario time!!:)

• Did you Know it is in w1 Level 2 you go to that big mound of blocks and then you have to be big then you run and duck and go to the middle then ground pound on the mishroom dude and hit the box then you get the star and run all the way through using the star as fast as you can killing all the guys.

• It is level 1-2 goose!

• the essence of the triforce // February 7, 2010 at 2:41 pm // Reply

easiest way to get a ton of one ups: the bullet bills in world 6. hit as few as you can and then when the toad appears, you get 2 or 3 one ups for 30 seconds of work. and if you get 99 up….cool surprise!!!!

40. What is the cheapest place to buy this game? my friends say this game rocks.

41. hey here is a tip in multiplayer mode ground-pound at the same time to kill everybody on the screen!

42. marioisawsome // January 15, 2010 at 12:52 pm // Reply

its a challanging game but its fun 10 out of 10

43. This game is awesome!!!!!

44. I like the propeller suit. My sister and i are beating the story mode

• Hpotterrocks // February 22, 2010 at 8:22 pm // Reply

I love this mario game.. its really addicting… me and my sister play this all the time and only a month ago we got this game and we r stuck on the last castle.. any tips on how we can pass this level?

45. hard game

46. My sister and I beat the main story! After you beat bowser peach tells you about a world 9, but the thing is, to get to one stage you have to collect all of the star coins for a world

47. I bought this game the other day and it is awesome! I love Mario
    Bros.

48. This game look cool! :)

49. it’s true!

50. if you get 99 lives, Mario will no longer have a hat.

1 2 3 4