New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Any tips for getting past the boss in the fortress in world 2? I am stuck at it. I am also stuck at the castle in world 5.

Games Guru: The boss you’re fighting is Roy Koopa. If he lands and you’re on the ground, he’ll paralyze you. As he lands, jump onto his head to avoid his attack. Do this two more times. I don’t know where you’re stuck in the castle.

Do you have any tips for the new multiplayer Mario Bros. game?

Games Guru: Here are some tips:

– When riding Yoshi, you can eat projectiles thrown by enemies. Spit them out to give them a taste of their own medicine!

– You can carry other players to help them get through challenging areas of the game.

– If four players are playing at the same time, jump together and simultaneously press down on the + Control Pad to perform a Ground Pound. It creates a huge tremor that eliminates all land-based enemies.

– When flying with the Propeller Suit, shake the Wiimote as you fall to increase the range of your horizontal descent.

– Use frozen enemies as platforms to gain access to hard-to-reach areas. Make sure you jump off before they melt!

– Players riding Yoshi can jump higher and longer if they continue to hold the “2” button after leaving the ground.

– Jump on other players’ heads to reach areas you wouldn’t be able to access on your own.

430 Comments on New Super Mario Bros. Wii

1. I mean Koopalings sorry. The koopa bros are in a different game.

2. Fireballs do damage the koopa bros but you have to hit them somthing like 15 times. You get a special suprise if you don’t use super guide at all. But it’s not very exciting and you most likely won’t notice it if you do it.

3. nintendoman // August 25, 2010 at 1:12 pm // Reply

Any tips for beating the boss at the end of World 1? Also, do fireballs do any damage to Koopalings, or can they just take more hits in the second battle?

• jump on his head

• Actually, fireballs can do damage, but you have to hit the Koopalings a few times with them to send them into their shells. In World 1-2nd Castle, do the same thing that you did in World 1-1st Castle, but when the Koopaling goes into his shell, make sure you stay on the higher platforms!

• ilikeyoshi // February 22, 2011 at 8:53 am //

in the world 2 tower you just have to jump into the quicksand when the boss is in his shell and keep jumping!

• Beating the boss at the end of WORLD 1?
      ok, when Bowser JUMPS, run by holding down Y or X when you are already WALKING, then jump on the big button and you’ve completed world 1.

4. hey guys! I just got the game and my brother and dad are playing it downstairs. to txt dude. to defeat the second boss, I suggest you do wall jumps to hit his head. when he is about to open up his shell, wall jump over the section of floor he is stuck in and ground pound. as long as you get him before he can jump, you should be good. it’s actually quite easy. defeating him is how I save mid-game. try it.

5. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS // August 15, 2010 at 11:46 am // Reply

i know an awesome combo in world 1-3. you know the piranah that shoots fire at you? if you swallow him and spit out the fire you need to keep running so you always see the fire until it gets past that piranah that comes out sideways. you should get about 4 1ups with this combo!!!! :)

6. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS // August 15, 2010 at 11:41 am // Reply

yes in the mouth! :)

7. you can carry others while riding on a yoshi.

8. supermariodude // August 1, 2010 at 6:43 pm // Reply

i am stuck on w8. how do you get past the first course?

9. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS // July 25, 2010 at 8:03 pm // Reply

i pwned it in a month or 2 ;)

10. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS // July 25, 2010 at 8:03 pm // Reply

pwn also means own or to… you get the idea. :)

11. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS // July 25, 2010 at 8:02 pm // Reply

that’s sad :(

12. I have this game. and I beat it.

13. I cant even defeat the second boss! Please help!!!

• i WOULD tell you, but i would have 2 play that level again,
      because i own both DS version and Wii version.
      so sometimes i get some of the levels mixed up.

• how do you open the extra levels in world 7 and 8 need it to open worls in last level in star? plz plz plz help

• Scribblenaut // November 14, 2010 at 5:54 pm // Reply

That is not so spesific, but I will asume you are talking about Larrys second battle. The pillars will move up and down. Use it to your advantage. After you jump on him, stay on the raised pillars. He cannot hit you then when he is in the shell. Do it 3 times, and Larry’s history.

• I can help you. Just team up with friends and family

14. falcon 5.0 // July 14, 2010 at 1:59 pm // Reply

I pwned this game in a day

15. nat87mariio // July 13, 2010 at 3:17 pm // Reply

what happens at the end of the game

• Roger557483 // August 10, 2010 at 9:56 am // Reply

Mario taks off his hat.

• mtaydliesron // August 25, 2010 at 11:24 am //

• Here’s a relly cool thing. On world 2 go to that level where you go through the pipe and into that dark place where piranah plants keep shooting fire at you. At the end of the level you will see a koopa walking down some stairs. Before he gets to the ground jump on his head but do not jump after you already jumped on his head then you’ll start getting points then one-ups and jump off after 99 lives.

• There’s smashable credits.

16. nat87mariio // July 13, 2010 at 3:15 pm // Reply

but i am stuck in world 9

17. nat87mariio // July 13, 2010 at 3:13 pm // Reply

i beatthe hole game

18. ok before ANYONE writes another comment read this one
    IF YOURE STUCK SAY WHERE, AT LEAST SAY THE WORLD AND THE LEVEL!

19. monkey boy // July 2, 2010 at 12:22 pm // Reply

I can’t get past world 1 on my own. I keep dying.how do i do it?

20. BANZAIBOY:) // June 30, 2010 at 4:37 pm // Reply

HOW DO YOU GET 2 WORLD 4?

21. What does “PWN” mean?

22. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS // June 27, 2010 at 10:18 am // Reply

i beat the first level of w-9 (and yes there is a world 9) so ask me any thing! ;)

23. Where is the third star coin in the world seven ghost house??? i have every single star coin in the game except for that one.

24. Is there any way to unlock a toad house other than saving toad?

25. how do you unlock the world five cannon

• person455 // June 9, 2010 at 4:25 pm // Reply

do you mean the cannon to world5?

• BANZAIBOY:) // June 30, 2010 at 4:36 pm // Reply

IN WORLD 1 WHEN YOU USE YOSHIE DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE SECRET COINS ARE WELL WHEN YOUR ON THE LEDGE USE YOSHIE TO KINDA FLY THEN GO TO THE RIGHT IF YOU CANT SEE IT LOOK AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN

26. supermariometroid64super // May 24, 2010 at 8:42 pm // Reply

i think the wii version is just making fun of the ds version

27. easy game // May 23, 2010 at 5:24 pm // Reply

i own at this

28. bluetoad man // May 19, 2010 at 6:37 pm // Reply

what do the cannons do?

• harry potter // June 29, 2010 at 11:39 am // Reply

they skip worlds and bring you to the world after it. For example,i got a cannon in world 6. It skipped world seven and brought me to world eight. (the cannon is in the level right before the castle. when the people start throwing fire, use a propeller mushroom to get to the red tube. go in and you unlock the cannon.{get the red flag first. its in the red tube})

29. Mario the awesome! // May 1, 2010 at 4:02 pm // Reply

The game is great but hard. I’m really close to beating world 9. I need to get all the star coins in worlds 7 and 8

30. Tipandtrickster // April 29, 2010 at 8:07 am // Reply

I am on world 3-4 help!!!!!!

31. mariochampion // April 28, 2010 at 5:25 pm // Reply

I used to be really good at this game,now when I play all I can think about is staying alive,wether or not to use an item,and revenge on Bowserjr.!!!!!!!!!!!

32. i’m on world 6-6

33. Man in Black // April 23, 2010 at 8:27 pm // Reply

I got this game for just this last Christmas, it’s a very fun game!

34. game was epic

35. gregheffley // April 22, 2010 at 3:42 pm // Reply

I beat the game,and now,I’m stuck on the secret world,WORLD 9!

• FireStar596 // June 22, 2010 at 5:03 pm // Reply

what do you need help on?
      if it’s unlocking stages, you need to get all the star coins for a certain world to get certain stages (ex. get star coins in world 1 to get 9-1, star coins in world 2 to get 9-2, etc.)

36. I cant beat world 3-3!please help me!!!!!!!

37. this old player // April 17, 2010 at 2:35 pm // Reply

i play all different games, but i never get far on them. i cant get to the second world

38. sam squared // April 10, 2010 at 11:55 am // Reply

i don’t have this game, but whenever i go to my freinds house, we play until our eyeballs fall out!

39. starscreeam // April 3, 2010 at 10:11 am // Reply

i love it but it broke

40. I already know all these tips!!

41. Here`s how to get 2-2 3rd star coin: where the midway point go in the place where the sand is. wait then you`ll be in a room, ether take the pipe or jump on the blue button. then there will be 2 stone spikes evaide them then grab the star coin.

42. CallofDutyFreak // March 27, 2010 at 5:51 pm // Reply

I have already beaten the game. I beat it in two days

43. Hpotterrocks // March 24, 2010 at 5:04 pm // Reply

i beat the game already… im on the star world.. (9) its difficult but good luck doing the other worlds!

44. I am on World 4 (the airship)and I am stuck! Help!

• mario and luigi bowsers inside story // March 24, 2010 at 5:02 pm // Reply

I beat the game and all the air ships but I forgot all of them so ILL get back to you when I CAN PLAY AGAIN.

• mariomaster // April 4, 2010 at 1:34 pm // Reply

to ilikepie3 try to use fireballs. they help when yor’e blowing up bomb bombs.

45. GalaxyMario // March 22, 2010 at 2:55 pm // Reply

Another hint. (More of an easter egg)
    Get 99 lives, then go to the map screen.
    Mario won’t have his hat!

46. The Bagger // March 20, 2010 at 8:34 am // Reply

Awesome game! I already beat LOTS of stuff!!

47. luigi lover // March 18, 2010 at 8:24 pm // Reply

It’s awesome!I already beat the real game gotta do everything else…

48. luigi power // March 13, 2010 at 8:39 pm // Reply

to get world 1 cannon play level 1-3 (yoshi level) go in the secret cave at the top of the screen .go in the middle of the cave and fly up by using flying suit or yoshi.then wall bounce ,walk right intil you go in a pipe . then it will lead you to the other flagpole

49. find star coins to buy hints at princess peachs castle on first level