New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Any tips for getting past the boss in the fortress in world 2? I am stuck at it. I am also stuck at the castle in world 5.

Games Guru: The boss you’re fighting is Roy Koopa. If he lands and you’re on the ground, he’ll paralyze you. As he lands, jump onto his head to avoid his attack. Do this two more times. I don’t know where you’re stuck in the castle.

Do you have any tips for the new multiplayer Mario Bros. game?

Games Guru: Here are some tips:

– When riding Yoshi, you can eat projectiles thrown by enemies. Spit them out to give them a taste of their own medicine!

– You can carry other players to help them get through challenging areas of the game.

– If four players are playing at the same time, jump together and simultaneously press down on the + Control Pad to perform a Ground Pound. It creates a huge tremor that eliminates all land-based enemies.

– When flying with the Propeller Suit, shake the Wiimote as you fall to increase the range of your horizontal descent.

– Use frozen enemies as platforms to gain access to hard-to-reach areas. Make sure you jump off before they melt!

– Players riding Yoshi can jump higher and longer if they continue to hold the “2” button after leaving the ground.

– Jump on other players’ heads to reach areas you wouldn’t be able to access on your own.

42 Comments on New Super Mario Bros. Wii

1. I’m not a very good player but I’m trying (I’m an old 52 year old mom but I”m cool. My daughter and me play. Please someone tell me how to beat that creature at the end of world 1.

• I play with my cousin,and we can’t even get to the end of world1.

• Scribblenaut // November 14, 2010 at 6:35 pm //

WHY IS NO ONE EVER SPESIFIC?!?! Aw well. I like helping others. Anyway, the pillars will rise up and down. After you have made one of his hit points give, he’ll be spinning like like a rotissary chicken in his shell! Stay on the HIGH pillars to stay safe. The magic shots fired can be drove away with a ice ball. Do the above procedjure, and… WELCOME TO WORLD 2!!!

• jump on his head.

• person455 // June 9, 2010 at 4:41 pm // Reply

Keep jumping on his head. Avoid his spiked shell!

Sent from my Wii

• Propeller+Mario=Bye bye turtle!

• you mean cheeksy?just jump on him 3 times and get the key

2. need help

3. 00Mushroom // March 4, 2010 at 4:29 pm // Reply

oh yeah luigi rookie too🙂

4. 00Mushroom // March 4, 2010 at 4:28 pm // Reply

Hey Mario Rookie get a propeller fly over him hit the button and remember K mak is in the cage so run.

5. Pokenate1096 // March 4, 2010 at 12:27 pm // Reply

Someone7222> dude! that would be super creepy!

6. Pokenate1096 // March 4, 2010 at 12:26 pm // Reply

luigi rookie> Hmmmmmm… all i can say is you definitely need propeller hat.

figit> yeah i think thats pretty cool i figured that out too.

Baby luigi> 2 weeks!?! seriously dude you need some practice no offense

Yeah I’ve almost completed the game. i only need to get all star coins in only 2 more worlds.

7. 00Mushroom // March 3, 2010 at 5:13 pm // Reply

You’ll get bonus points by killing bowser with a fire flower then destroying the bridge

8. 00Mushroom // March 3, 2010 at 5:05 pm // Reply

oops😦 I meant to the ship.

9. 00Mushroom // March 3, 2010 at 5:04 pm // Reply

Hate world 8? me too😦. so at world 8-2 there is a red flag that takes you to a bonus course that’s super easy and takes to the ship:).

10. IsaacGoldenSun // February 28, 2010 at 1:47 pm // Reply

Does anybody need help?

11. King of Mario // February 26, 2010 at 8:30 pm // Reply

I lost to Ludwig Von Koopa in 7-castle (I fell of the platforms…).

12. i past the game in about 3 days or a little less

13. I don’t know about you guys but I Beat Bowser in about 2 weeks LOL!

14. luigi rookie // February 24, 2010 at 6:41 am // Reply

i am on world 8 level 1 any tips

• To Luigi Rookie try to have ice flower and freeze the buzzy beatles and try to watch the fire plumes.

• luigi lover // March 10, 2010 at 1:20 pm // Reply

dear luigi rookie go as fast as u can if u grab the pow block near the flag u should hold it over ur head as long as u can bc it destroys meteors if they touch it while its over ur head

15. Do you people no any tips on how i can pass world 8 bowsers catsle.

16. KOOPA TROOPA MASTER // February 23, 2010 at 7:13 pm // Reply

this game is great :):):):):):):)

17. Can Toad lose his hat?

18. we’re trying to beat bowser at the end of world 8. Any tips?

• littlehelper // February 23, 2010 at 9:32 am // Reply

You’re on world 8 mario rookie?! i got it 1 month ago and i only am on world 2 level 3!!!

• Scribblenaut // November 14, 2010 at 6:47 pm //

Okay then, Allow me, Scribblenaut, to assist you. Getting a starman beforehand can really help. Just dash through the level at star speed! Still, look out for BOTTOMLESS PITS!!! Starman will run out though, trek carefully, but quickly because of time restrictions. Not even Mario is immortal, you know. BUT, at the end stairs, there is a infinite 1-up trick I will tell. Wait on steps below koopa. When he is 2 steps above you, JUMP! Just watch and wait, while Mario gets INFINITE 1-UPS!!!

• here’s a tip. Try to ( after you pass bowser throwing fireballs) to hit the next ? block to get a propeller mushroom. Then you fly across the rest of the level! Good luck!

19. I have the Prima Guide. So if you ever need help just ask me!

20. To Newsupermariobrotherswiigeek have an ice flower you then can freeze the bomb bombs and throw them off the platform

21. i got shot to world 8 when i was on world 5!!!!!!!!!!! i got it on ghost house i think

22. on world2 go to the right after you beat world one.use the regular mushroom and in it you will see a block over some quicksand. go in the quicksand and hit the block. an ice flower will come out.

23. IssacGoldenSun // February 17, 2010 at 4:14 pm // Reply

Mario without the hat is weird, but luigi is weirder.

24. world 8 is hard

25. Big Bone Yoshi // February 14, 2010 at 8:48 pm // Reply

What is the secret goal for world 1-3?