New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Any tips for getting past the boss in the fortress in world 2? I am stuck at it. I am also stuck at the castle in world 5.

Games Guru: The boss you’re fighting is Roy Koopa. If he lands and you’re on the ground, he’ll paralyze you. As he lands, jump onto his head to avoid his attack. Do this two more times. I don’t know where you’re stuck in the castle.

Do you have any tips for the new multiplayer Mario Bros. game?

Games Guru: Here are some tips:

– When riding Yoshi, you can eat projectiles thrown by enemies. Spit them out to give them a taste of their own medicine!

– You can carry other players to help them get through challenging areas of the game.

– If four players are playing at the same time, jump together and simultaneously press down on the + Control Pad to perform a Ground Pound. It creates a huge tremor that eliminates all land-based enemies.

– When flying with the Propeller Suit, shake the Wiimote as you fall to increase the range of your horizontal descent.

– Use frozen enemies as platforms to gain access to hard-to-reach areas. Make sure you jump off before they melt!

– Players riding Yoshi can jump higher and longer if they continue to hold the “2” button after leaving the ground.

– Jump on other players’ heads to reach areas you wouldn’t be able to access on your own.

430 Comments on New Super Mario Bros. Wii

1. Oh this game was S:) easy

2. or mabye even yellow

3. can you be blue toad in the wii version?

4. we beat the game

5. how do you deafet the last castle,world 1

6. COMPLETE THE GHOST HOUSE IN WORLD FIVE TO UN LOCK A CANNON TO WORLD EIGHT!!!

7. luigi is the best! not all the mario people are best even i like daisy

8. pretty fun game! i love playing that game a lot

9. This is so easy i beat it in one month with ALL the star coins

10. I just saw this forrum so this is a late answer to the poll and i say c.

11. I just beat every level.

The easiest W9 level is the tropical one (I think that’s 9-2,) and the toughest is 9-7, the icy forest: I only got through that using a Star, and that was still hard!

9-8 isn’t that tough if you have a Propeller Suit and pay attention to the coin formations!

Also in that level, there are coin formations shaped like Waluigi’s logo. Could this be a clue of some sort? I hope so! :)

12. Percy Jackson // August 11, 2011 at 3:58 pm // Reply

how do you get past the big castle with giant bowser

• just keep going right. let his fire balls destroy the walls. after a little bit of this the “dramatic music” will start playing.

13. gamers of the wii // July 31, 2011 at 5:25 pm // Reply

i have every W 9 level other than 9-5.

14. i got to world 8

15. Anybody got tips for World 9. We’ve only got all of World 1’s star coins.

16. i beat the last boss by my self

17. I forgot one thing: it’s a little easier for you to play with two people; that way when you die, there’s someone still playing. And, when in multiplayer mode, when you run out of lives, press 1 or 2. There’s a clapping sound or a honk!

18. Anybody need help?? I beat the game, it was actually really easy once you get used to it (Saving Toad is a pain, though.)

19. I’ve got every world 9 level except for W9-6 and W9-8!

20. badmario64 // March 20, 2011 at 6:51 pm // Reply

is there a Yoshi infinite flutter jump cheat for this game

21. I think World 9-4 is the hardest level because it is an automatic side-scroll level and because of all of the annoying bob-ombs.

22. Mario Lover // March 9, 2011 at 11:21 pm // Reply

I love that game. I beat it all. In world 1 do level 4 over and over till you get the secret ending, then you can go instantly to world 5!!!

23. I am only on worlds1,2 and 5 this game is so HARD

24. easy game. need help? ask.

25. Easybreesy // March 2, 2011 at 8:47 pm // Reply

I Got a lot of 1ups by going on W1-level 3, getting invicibale and running through EVERYBODY!

26. boppymister // March 2, 2011 at 8:16 pm // Reply

its way better for the ds

27. Bowser’s giant palace in W8 is SOOO easy! :D
    I beat it on my first try: BY MY SELF!!!
    It stinks that Player 1 HAS to be Mario. I normally pick Yellow Toad if I’m player 2.

28. mariomeerkat // February 22, 2011 at 7:42 pm // Reply

Where is the World 4-ghost house’s first coin?

29. there are trading cards for this game!

30. There are no cheats really on any Mario game. The closest things to cheats on this game are the warp cannons, and most of the time it’s easier to try to get past the world than to try to get to the warp cannons.

31. What does world 9 look like?

32. supermariofan // February 1, 2011 at 9:14 am // Reply

Gonna buy it it’s multiplayer.

33. i need cheats for world 2

34. chagaaconoroy // December 27, 2010 at 3:28 pm // Reply

i really need some cheats for this game.

35. ive got 99 mushrooms and 99 lives and a lot of points how did i do this you might ask?
    simple i went to world 6 and i kept repeating the bulete bill toad rescue callenges and got 1-3 lives each time i completed it and i got 3 mushrooms!!! but it took a while

36. Even helpers need help sometimes. Would anyone mind sliding me some help on W 5-fortress? P.S: BL, PLEASE post this, Pedro!

37. To: PSYCHO VAMPIRE, YOU MUST HAVE USED WARP CANNONS, WHICH DOESN’T COUNT! NO JOKE!

38. al the mario games are fun

39. PSYCHO VAMPIRE // November 22, 2010 at 6:43 pm // Reply

SCRATCH THAT, 5 MINITS NO JOKE

40. PSYCHO VAMPIRE // November 22, 2010 at 6:40 pm // Reply

I BEAT DIS GAME IN 10 MINITS, REALLY NO JOKE

41. You can beat the game in ONE DAY if you know how.

42. I completed the game more than seven times in three hours. and I know all the cheats. ask me for help.

43. doughnut face // November 6, 2010 at 8:55 am // Reply

This is a amzing game. i would recomend this to every body. You can do all kinds of things. better screen. I know the trick to get on to the first cannon. Go to world 1. Do the level with the yoshis. When you get to the part that has where you fly up to the top to get coins. Land where you would go to get coins then go up and to the right . Then you will make it to the cannon.

44. This game was sort of easy until I got to Bowser.
    Then it became one of the hardest games of my life.
    But I still beat it, and that’s why my name is Gamemaster!
    Because I’m awesome!

45. I’ve completed the game and still own it.
    HERE are some tips: sometimes 1 player is best on a level,
    and believe me, I know. I have a little sister who likes that game.

Oh, by the way, Bowser is easy to defeat after he becomes GIANT,
    only if you get the PROPELLER SUIT in the little square as the platform is going down. If you miss the suit, there’s only a slim chance you’ll beat him.

46. Does anyone know if you can be Luigi in a single player game? I really want to know because I’m being Luigi for Halloween.
    P.S. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is so hard to find because it’s so popular. It took me at least a month to get it from my local library!

• YES! YES you can! I completed the game, so I know how to be Luigi in 1-p mode.
      When you go to the file-choose screen, HOLD DOWN L,R, and A.
      if the volume is turned up and you follow my instructions,
      you should hear a little “Luigi!” sound.

• die 8 times and get luigi guide.when he starts press the + button .u play p1 as luigi!

47. i completed the game!!!!

48. OMG THIS GAME IS SO MUCH FUN!!!! BY THE WAY IF YOU NEED/WANT SOME 1UPS THEN TRY TO GET TO THE TOP OF THE FLAGS WORKS FOR ME-RODZ

49. I have the NSMB guide on my mom’s itouch and I got the HP chart for all bosses.
    starting HP for all bosses:9HP