New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Any tips for getting past the boss in the fortress in world 2? I am stuck at it. I am also stuck at the castle in world 5.

Games Guru: The boss you’re fighting is Roy Koopa. If he lands and you’re on the ground, he’ll paralyze you. As he lands, jump onto his head to avoid his attack. Do this two more times. I don’t know where you’re stuck in the castle.

Do you have any tips for the new multiplayer Mario Bros. game?

Games Guru: Here are some tips:

– When riding Yoshi, you can eat projectiles thrown by enemies. Spit them out to give them a taste of their own medicine!

– You can carry other players to help them get through challenging areas of the game.

– If four players are playing at the same time, jump together and simultaneously press down on the + Control Pad to perform a Ground Pound. It creates a huge tremor that eliminates all land-based enemies.

– When flying with the Propeller Suit, shake the Wiimote as you fall to increase the range of your horizontal descent.

– Use frozen enemies as platforms to gain access to hard-to-reach areas. Make sure you jump off before they melt!

– Players riding Yoshi can jump higher and longer if they continue to hold the “2” button after leaving the ground.

– Jump on other players’ heads to reach areas you wouldn’t be able to access on your own.

40 Comments on New Super Mario Bros. Wii

1. supermariometroid64super // May 24, 2010 at 8:42 pm // Reply

i think the wii version is just making fun of the ds version

2. easy game // May 23, 2010 at 5:24 pm // Reply

i own at this

3. bluetoad man // May 19, 2010 at 6:37 pm // Reply

what do the cannons do?

• harry potter // June 29, 2010 at 11:39 am // Reply

they skip worlds and bring you to the world after it. For example,i got a cannon in world 6. It skipped world seven and brought me to world eight. (the cannon is in the level right before the castle. when the people start throwing fire, use a propeller mushroom to get to the red tube. go in and you unlock the cannon.{get the red flag first. its in the red tube})

4. Mario the awesome! // May 1, 2010 at 4:02 pm // Reply

The game is great but hard. I’m really close to beating world 9. I need to get all the star coins in worlds 7 and 8

5. Tipandtrickster // April 29, 2010 at 8:07 am // Reply

I am on world 3-4 help!!!!!!

6. mariochampion // April 28, 2010 at 5:25 pm // Reply

I used to be really good at this game,now when I play all I can think about is staying alive,wether or not to use an item,and revenge on Bowserjr.!!!!!!!!!!!

7. i’m on world 6-6

8. Man in Black // April 23, 2010 at 8:27 pm // Reply

I got this game for just this last Christmas, it’s a very fun game!

9. game was epic

10. gregheffley // April 22, 2010 at 3:42 pm // Reply

I beat the game,and now,I’m stuck on the secret world,WORLD 9!

• FireStar596 // June 22, 2010 at 5:03 pm // Reply

what do you need help on?
      if it’s unlocking stages, you need to get all the star coins for a certain world to get certain stages (ex. get star coins in world 1 to get 9-1, star coins in world 2 to get 9-2, etc.)

11. I cant beat world 3-3!please help me!!!!!!!

12. this old player // April 17, 2010 at 2:35 pm // Reply

i play all different games, but i never get far on them. i cant get to the second world

13. sam squared // April 10, 2010 at 11:55 am // Reply

i don’t have this game, but whenever i go to my freinds house, we play until our eyeballs fall out!

14. starscreeam // April 3, 2010 at 10:11 am // Reply

i love it but it broke

15. I already know all these tips!!

16. Here`s how to get 2-2 3rd star coin: where the midway point go in the place where the sand is. wait then you`ll be in a room, ether take the pipe or jump on the blue button. then there will be 2 stone spikes evaide them then grab the star coin.

17. CallofDutyFreak // March 27, 2010 at 5:51 pm // Reply

I have already beaten the game. I beat it in two days

18. Hpotterrocks // March 24, 2010 at 5:04 pm // Reply

i beat the game already… im on the star world.. (9) its difficult but good luck doing the other worlds!

19. I am on World 4 (the airship)and I am stuck! Help!

• mario and luigi bowsers inside story // March 24, 2010 at 5:02 pm // Reply

I beat the game and all the air ships but I forgot all of them so ILL get back to you when I CAN PLAY AGAIN.

• mariomaster // April 4, 2010 at 1:34 pm // Reply

to ilikepie3 try to use fireballs. they help when yor’e blowing up bomb bombs.

20. GalaxyMario // March 22, 2010 at 2:55 pm // Reply

Another hint. (More of an easter egg)
    Get 99 lives, then go to the map screen.
    Mario won’t have his hat!

21. The Bagger // March 20, 2010 at 8:34 am // Reply

Awesome game! I already beat LOTS of stuff!!

22. luigi lover // March 18, 2010 at 8:24 pm // Reply

It’s awesome!I already beat the real game gotta do everything else…

23. luigi power // March 13, 2010 at 8:39 pm // Reply

to get world 1 cannon play level 1-3 (yoshi level) go in the secret cave at the top of the screen .go in the middle of the cave and fly up by using flying suit or yoshi.then wall bounce ,walk right intil you go in a pipe . then it will lead you to the other flagpole

24. find star coins to buy hints at princess peachs castle on first level