New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Any tips for getting past the boss in the fortress in world 2? I am stuck at it. I am also stuck at the castle in world 5.

Games Guru: The boss you’re fighting is Roy Koopa. If he lands and you’re on the ground, he’ll paralyze you. As he lands, jump onto his head to avoid his attack. Do this two more times. I don’t know where you’re stuck in the castle.

Do you have any tips for the new multiplayer Mario Bros. game?

Games Guru: Here are some tips:

– When riding Yoshi, you can eat projectiles thrown by enemies. Spit them out to give them a taste of their own medicine!

– You can carry other players to help them get through challenging areas of the game.

– If four players are playing at the same time, jump together and simultaneously press down on the + Control Pad to perform a Ground Pound. It creates a huge tremor that eliminates all land-based enemies.

– When flying with the Propeller Suit, shake the Wiimote as you fall to increase the range of your horizontal descent.

– Use frozen enemies as platforms to gain access to hard-to-reach areas. Make sure you jump off before they melt!

– Players riding Yoshi can jump higher and longer if they continue to hold the “2” button after leaving the ground.

– Jump on other players’ heads to reach areas you wouldn’t be able to access on your own.

16 Comments on New Super Mario Bros. Wii

1. I’m not a very good player but I’m trying (I’m an old 52 year old mom but I”m cool. My daughter and me play. Please someone tell me how to beat that creature at the end of world 1.

• I play with my cousin,and we can’t even get to the end of world1.

• Scribblenaut // November 14, 2010 at 6:35 pm //

WHY IS NO ONE EVER SPESIFIC?!?! Aw well. I like helping others. Anyway, the pillars will rise up and down. After you have made one of his hit points give, he’ll be spinning like like a rotissary chicken in his shell! Stay on the HIGH pillars to stay safe. The magic shots fired can be drove away with a ice ball. Do the above procedjure, and… WELCOME TO WORLD 2!!!

• jump on his head.

• person455 // June 9, 2010 at 4:41 pm // Reply

Keep jumping on his head. Avoid his spiked shell!

Sent from my Wii

• Propeller+Mario=Bye bye turtle!

• you mean cheeksy?just jump on him 3 times and get the key

2. need help

3. 00Mushroom // March 4, 2010 at 4:29 pm // Reply

oh yeah luigi rookie too :)

4. 00Mushroom // March 4, 2010 at 4:28 pm // Reply

Hey Mario Rookie get a propeller fly over him hit the button and remember K mak is in the cage so run.

5. Pokenate1096 // March 4, 2010 at 12:27 pm // Reply

Someone7222> dude! that would be super creepy!

6. Pokenate1096 // March 4, 2010 at 12:26 pm // Reply

luigi rookie> Hmmmmmm… all i can say is you definitely need propeller hat.

figit> yeah i think thats pretty cool i figured that out too.

Baby luigi> 2 weeks!?! seriously dude you need some practice no offense

Yeah I’ve almost completed the game. i only need to get all star coins in only 2 more worlds.

7. 00Mushroom // March 3, 2010 at 5:13 pm // Reply

You’ll get bonus points by killing bowser with a fire flower then destroying the bridge

8. 00Mushroom // March 3, 2010 at 5:05 pm // Reply

oops :( I meant to the ship.

9. 00Mushroom // March 3, 2010 at 5:04 pm // Reply

Hate world 8? me too :(. so at world 8-2 there is a red flag that takes you to a bonus course that’s super easy and takes to the ship:).

10. IsaacGoldenSun // February 28, 2010 at 1:47 pm // Reply