New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Any tips for getting past the boss in the fortress in world 2? I am stuck at it. I am also stuck at the castle in world 5.

Games Guru: The boss you’re fighting is Roy Koopa. If he lands and you’re on the ground, he’ll paralyze you. As he lands, jump onto his head to avoid his attack. Do this two more times. I don’t know where you’re stuck in the castle.

Do you have any tips for the new multiplayer Mario Bros. game?

Games Guru: Here are some tips:

– When riding Yoshi, you can eat projectiles thrown by enemies. Spit them out to give them a taste of their own medicine!

– You can carry other players to help them get through challenging areas of the game.

– If four players are playing at the same time, jump together and simultaneously press down on the + Control Pad to perform a Ground Pound. It creates a huge tremor that eliminates all land-based enemies.

– When flying with the Propeller Suit, shake the Wiimote as you fall to increase the range of your horizontal descent.

– Use frozen enemies as platforms to gain access to hard-to-reach areas. Make sure you jump off before they melt!

– Players riding Yoshi can jump higher and longer if they continue to hold the “2” button after leaving the ground.

– Jump on other players’ heads to reach areas you wouldn’t be able to access on your own.

86 Comments on New Super Mario Bros. Wii

1. boppymister // March 2, 2011 at 8:16 pm // Reply

its way better for the ds

2. Bowser’s giant palace in W8 is SOOO easy!😀
    I beat it on my first try: BY MY SELF!!!
    It stinks that Player 1 HAS to be Mario. I normally pick Yellow Toad if I’m player 2.

3. mariomeerkat // February 22, 2011 at 7:42 pm // Reply

Where is the World 4-ghost house’s first coin?

4. there are trading cards for this game!

5. There are no cheats really on any Mario game. The closest things to cheats on this game are the warp cannons, and most of the time it’s easier to try to get past the world than to try to get to the warp cannons.

6. What does world 9 look like?

7. supermariofan // February 1, 2011 at 9:14 am // Reply

Gonna buy it it’s multiplayer.

8. i need cheats for world 2

9. chagaaconoroy // December 27, 2010 at 3:28 pm // Reply

i really need some cheats for this game.

10. ive got 99 mushrooms and 99 lives and a lot of points how did i do this you might ask?
    simple i went to world 6 and i kept repeating the bulete bill toad rescue callenges and got 1-3 lives each time i completed it and i got 3 mushrooms!!! but it took a while

11. Even helpers need help sometimes. Would anyone mind sliding me some help on W 5-fortress? P.S: BL, PLEASE post this, Pedro!

12. To: PSYCHO VAMPIRE, YOU MUST HAVE USED WARP CANNONS, WHICH DOESN’T COUNT! NO JOKE!

13. al the mario games are fun

14. PSYCHO VAMPIRE // November 22, 2010 at 6:43 pm // Reply

SCRATCH THAT, 5 MINITS NO JOKE

15. PSYCHO VAMPIRE // November 22, 2010 at 6:40 pm // Reply

I BEAT DIS GAME IN 10 MINITS, REALLY NO JOKE

16. You can beat the game in ONE DAY if you know how.

17. I completed the game more than seven times in three hours. and I know all the cheats. ask me for help.

18. doughnut face // November 6, 2010 at 8:55 am // Reply

This is a amzing game. i would recomend this to every body. You can do all kinds of things. better screen. I know the trick to get on to the first cannon. Go to world 1. Do the level with the yoshis. When you get to the part that has where you fly up to the top to get coins. Land where you would go to get coins then go up and to the right . Then you will make it to the cannon.

19. This game was sort of easy until I got to Bowser.
    Then it became one of the hardest games of my life.
    But I still beat it, and that’s why my name is Gamemaster!
    Because I’m awesome!

20. I’ve completed the game and still own it.
    HERE are some tips: sometimes 1 player is best on a level,
    and believe me, I know. I have a little sister who likes that game.

Oh, by the way, Bowser is easy to defeat after he becomes GIANT,
    only if you get the PROPELLER SUIT in the little square as the platform is going down. If you miss the suit, there’s only a slim chance you’ll beat him.

21. Does anyone know if you can be Luigi in a single player game? I really want to know because I’m being Luigi for Halloween.
    P.S. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is so hard to find because it’s so popular. It took me at least a month to get it from my local library!

• YES! YES you can! I completed the game, so I know how to be Luigi in 1-p mode.
      When you go to the file-choose screen, HOLD DOWN L,R, and A.
      if the volume is turned up and you follow my instructions,
      you should hear a little “Luigi!” sound.

• die 8 times and get luigi guide.when he starts press the + button .u play p1 as luigi!

22. i completed the game!!!!

23. OMG THIS GAME IS SO MUCH FUN!!!! BY THE WAY IF YOU NEED/WANT SOME 1UPS THEN TRY TO GET TO THE TOP OF THE FLAGS WORKS FOR ME-RODZ

24. I have the NSMB guide on my mom’s itouch and I got the HP chart for all bosses.
    starting HP for all bosses:9HP