Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

I can’t get the poke radar to work. I already have the national dex and whenever I try to use the radar, it always says (Professor Rowan’s words echoed) “There’s a time and place for everything, but not now.”

Games Guru: It only works when you are standing in the kind of tall grass where Pokemon like to hide.

Can you give me directions through Stark Mountain?

Games Guru: Stark Mountain is just too large for me to give a walkthrough. Sorry.

Is there really a Stareon and a star stone?

Games Guru: I have run across Staryus, Omastars and Staraptors, but no Stareons or star stones. Sorry.

Can you tell me how to use the Pokemon radar? I clicked on it with my stilus and I went into the light green grass for Pokemon, but nothing shows up. HEEELLLP!!!!!

Games Guru: You are going to need the National Pokedex before your radar works. You will know you have it when you see a meeting between Professor Oak (the professor in many earlier Pokemon games) and Professor Rowan.

How do you get through Victory Road?

Games Guru: You are not the first to ask this question. I am not going to give you step-by-step directions, but I will give you clues.

You will need a mixture of your toughest Pokemon and what I call “Traveling Pokemon.” These are monsters trained with moves for traveling that may not be so good in fights. They include strength, rock smash, surf, waterfall, cut and rock climb.

Victory Road is a great place to catch wild Pokemon, though I generally prefer to make it all the way through, then go back in to catch wild Pokemon such as Steelix, Onix, Graveler, Golbat and Machop. You will have plenty of fights even without battling wild Pokemon. The place is crawling with trainers.

To avoid unnecessary fights, give the Cleanse Tag to one of your Pokemon and take plenty of Max Repel.

You are going to want to rock climb every rock climbing trail, push every moveable boulder, swim up every lake and waterfall, etc. I think you will find that this Victory Road is actually shorter and easier than some past ones.

One last hint: At the end of the road, you will come to an exit blocked by a guy who tells you something about the world getting bigger. Do not waste your time with him. Go back a few paces and you will see a rock climb. Scale it and you will reach the end of the road–or at least the end of the cave.

Can you trade Pokemon from Emerald to Pokemon Diamond?

Games Guru: Yup! Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen are all Diamond and Pearl-compatible. Just plug your cartridges into the Game Boy slot on your DS.

25 Comments on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

1. prince caspian // October 17, 2008 at 6:10 pm // Reply

to Froggy15, I think my other coment got erased so here it goes:I am darkrai 4 ever but I changed my username and have you ever played a Mario game?

2. put friend codes up for trade with me!

3. Salamence101 // October 16, 2008 at 10:11 am // Reply

To tranik,

Purge is fake

4. Owen Bytheway, There is no pokemon called purge, unless you misspelled it.

5. shaymin, I guess I just never did anything to trigger a freeze. Easy cure though, just save often.

Regarding your next post, you must be mistaken. I used that cheat and I got a bunch of legendaries, including dialga, cresselia, uxie, and azelf.

Nintendo Joe, did you mean me when you said terminator? Just wondering…

You would probably be able to take me though, unless I can use my AR team =)

6. Dragoon Commander Kain // October 14, 2008 at 4:20 pm // Reply

Quiz 2: Who is the 1st person you see when you start a new game on Final Fantasy C.C. Ring of Fates?

A. Cu Chasple

B. Yurri

C. Meeth

D. Galdes

7. Dragoon Commander Kain // October 14, 2008 at 4:15 pm // Reply

Hey I have a Quiz for people that have Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates for DS:

Quiz 1: What is Final Fantasy C.C Ring of Fates Rated?

C.E 10

8. how do you get “purge” in pokemon diamond or is it a fake??? plzz help. if there is one what is the action replay code for it???

9. @ I still need…

You have to import those pokemon from firered/leafgreen/ruby/saphire/emerald. there is no other legit way to get them besides trading.

@ turtwig1.0

Oak is at the pal park, which is southeast of sandgem town.

10. nintendo joe // October 13, 2008 at 12:18 pm // Reply

also post your trainers name i especially want you terminator and you to blastoise hey and take any one on at all times just name when

11. Shaymin Stun Spore // October 13, 2008 at 10:52 am // Reply

Hey, does anyone here have a Star Pirates account? If you do,just tell me.

12. Shaymin Stun Spore // October 13, 2008 at 10:47 am // Reply

If you use the Pokedex 100% Complete cheat, you CANNOT get Legendaries and Uxie,Mesprit,Azelf and Spiritomb!

13. Shaymin Stun Spore // October 13, 2008 at 10:44 am // Reply

It does freeze your game! When i used the Pokedex 100% complete cheat then i tried to look at Regigigas’s height my game freezed! P.S. What a coincidence! When i was at Spring Path,I caught 2 Chimecos! 1 was regular,the other was shiny(light green with red stripes,i nicknamed it Shinichime)! Gotta stun!

14. Shaymin Stun Spore // October 13, 2008 at 10:38 am // Reply

You can only get Azure Flute with a cheat device or you get it at a special Nintendo event. Gotta stun!

15. Dragoon Commander Kain // October 12, 2008 at 6:26 pm // Reply

Speack PLEASE!

16. Where do you get Purge

17. I still need a darkri pokefan me // October 12, 2008 at 8:53 am // Reply

Just hhhhhooooowwwww do you find a moltres Zapdos articuno mew mewtwo lugia ho.oh swecooun rieko entie celibie all ledgindary please.

18. were does oak go after you get the national dex?

19. MarioKartMan // October 11, 2008 at 7:46 am // Reply

I have a shiny crobat(pink,green wings) in D/P, and 3 shinys in Emerald, Marril(green), voltorb(blue on top)

and linnione(orange stripes)

20. when you catch or beat heatran what do you do? where is buck when you catch heatran?

21. were can i find fantina

22. Xterminator // October 9, 2008 at 9:32 pm // Reply

what do you mean by it’ll mess up your game? I use my action replay constantly and mine doesn’t freeze or anything.

23. To Darkrainer,

I challenge you as pokemon master! What three berries can make a gold pokeblock in the 3rd generation games? What pokemon is Jasmine taking care of in the 2nd generation games? What pokemon can you find in Viridian forest in the 2nd generation? Is it easier to catch a pokemon that is asleep or paralized? Which game has the shortest “victory road”? What trainer has the strongest pokemon? What does a beserk gene do and where can you find it? I can go on and on but let’s see if you can answer those questions first. Your move….

24. Salamence101 , i have tons of level 100non-hacks even though i do admit that i do have an AR.i don’t like to use it though because it will mess up your game.TTYL

25. I need help! I keep trying to get azure flute with mystery gift via wireless but it never works! Please tell me how.