Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

I can’t get the poke radar to work. I already have the national dex and whenever I try to use the radar, it always says (Professor Rowan’s words echoed) “There’s a time and place for everything, but not now.”

Games Guru: It only works when you are standing in the kind of tall grass where Pokemon like to hide.

Can you give me directions through Stark Mountain?

Games Guru: Stark Mountain is just too large for me to give a walkthrough. Sorry.

Is there really a Stareon and a star stone?

Games Guru: I have run across Staryus, Omastars and Staraptors, but no Stareons or star stones. Sorry.

Can you tell me how to use the Pokemon radar? I clicked on it with my stilus and I went into the light green grass for Pokemon, but nothing shows up. HEEELLLP!!!!!

Games Guru: You are going to need the National Pokedex before your radar works. You will know you have it when you see a meeting between Professor Oak (the professor in many earlier Pokemon games) and Professor Rowan.

How do you get through Victory Road?

Games Guru: You are not the first to ask this question. I am not going to give you step-by-step directions, but I will give you clues.

You will need a mixture of your toughest Pokemon and what I call “Traveling Pokemon.” These are monsters trained with moves for traveling that may not be so good in fights. They include strength, rock smash, surf, waterfall, cut and rock climb.

Victory Road is a great place to catch wild Pokemon, though I generally prefer to make it all the way through, then go back in to catch wild Pokemon such as Steelix, Onix, Graveler, Golbat and Machop. You will have plenty of fights even without battling wild Pokemon. The place is crawling with trainers.

To avoid unnecessary fights, give the Cleanse Tag to one of your Pokemon and take plenty of Max Repel.

You are going to want to rock climb every rock climbing trail, push every moveable boulder, swim up every lake and waterfall, etc. I think you will find that this Victory Road is actually shorter and easier than some past ones.

One last hint: At the end of the road, you will come to an exit blocked by a guy who tells you something about the world getting bigger. Do not waste your time with him. Go back a few paces and you will see a rock climb. Scale it and you will reach the end of the road–or at least the end of the cave.

Can you trade Pokemon from Emerald to Pokemon Diamond?

Games Guru: Yup! Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen are all Diamond and Pearl-compatible. Just plug your cartridges into the Game Boy slot on your DS.

25 Comments on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

1. Pokemon TomBoy // November 1, 2008 at 8:23 pm // Reply

In pokemon diamond it says my piplup was caught in Lake Verity (or something like that) can Turtwig and Chimchar be caught in the wild or is it just a glich?

2. Elekid & Shaymin & Ditto // November 1, 2008 at 9:07 am // Reply

I got a quiz for ONLY Cu Chasple & Xterminator.

Who is the Pokemon that appears in the Flower Paradise?

3. Elekid & Shaymin & Ditto // November 1, 2008 at 9:02 am // Reply

Everyone, I am Shaymin Stun Spore. P.S. Salamence101,

What’s your strategy?

4. I Ment “For Dragoon Commander Kain”.

5. The guy That Spoke From D.C. Kain Spoke For Cu Chasple!!🙂

6. Moved Away?! 👿

I’m the new Final Fantasy Guy.

Cu Chasple!!

7. Yes I need Cheat’s To!

I Have an A. Replay.

8. C.E 10

A.Cu Chasple

9. can i get registeel on pokemon diamond because i need to get regigigas

10. Salamence101 // October 26, 2008 at 8:59 am // Reply

I have a not-so-secret stragety to allow a level one beat almost any level 100! And without cheats. Just ask and i will tell you. P.S. I now have access to nintendo wifi so i can now trade pokemon over the GTS!!!!!!!!!!!

11. prince caspian // October 24, 2008 at 6:04 pm // Reply

Froggy 15,remember,I just changed my username.

12. where do you get a evee

13. does any one know how to get darkria because i need him know badly.

ive got my natinal dex and defeted the pokemon leage and ive got Dielga.

and by the way ive got giratina and crissela and moltres and articuno and

14. you need to catch Dielga.

PS.[To cath Dielga you need to go to spear piller!]

15. how do u get the membership card?

16. nintendo joe,

me? I’m just Chris.

17. To prince caspian,

I have but it has been a long time. I played the gameboy game super mario brothers and the Nintendo 64 game with mario in it. I have played a few others but just once or twice.

18. Dragoon Commander Kain // October 21, 2008 at 4:14 pm // Reply

I’m Going to move this week.

I am not going to be back till November.😦

And I goimg to have to find a new Troop.

19. make that 23 pages ago

20. dear terminator(xterminator)

yes either you or terminator from like 20 pages ago you wanna have a wifi battle i have an action replay team 2 darkrai 2 lvl100 jigglelypuff and 2 lvl 100 snorlax

21. To get the membership card (which lets you into the building at the harbor to get a darkrai) you have to go to a special pokemon event that they only hold every once in a while. If you really want a darkrai, just buy an action replay to trigger the event. Anyway, once the event is triggered (by AR or the real thing) go into a pokemart and talk to the guy in green. He will give you a membership card, which will let you go into the building at the north east of the harbor city (forgot it’s name). You will then fight a lvl 47 Darkrai.

22. i want to know how to get in the harbour in on pokemon diamond cause i want a darkrai now!!

23. POKEMONMONSTER // October 19, 2008 at 8:17 am // Reply

Excuse me, I want to ask something, how can i change my pokemons name from chinese to english

24. how do you get a member ship cardin dimond