Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

I can’t get the poke radar to work. I already have the national dex and whenever I try to use the radar, it always says (Professor Rowan’s words echoed) “There’s a time and place for everything, but not now.”

Games Guru: It only works when you are standing in the kind of tall grass where Pokemon like to hide.

Can you give me directions through Stark Mountain?

Games Guru: Stark Mountain is just too large for me to give a walkthrough. Sorry.

Is there really a Stareon and a star stone?

Games Guru: I have run across Staryus, Omastars and Staraptors, but no Stareons or star stones. Sorry.

Can you tell me how to use the Pokemon radar? I clicked on it with my stilus and I went into the light green grass for Pokemon, but nothing shows up. HEEELLLP!!!!!

Games Guru: You are going to need the National Pokedex before your radar works. You will know you have it when you see a meeting between Professor Oak (the professor in many earlier Pokemon games) and Professor Rowan.

How do you get through Victory Road?

Games Guru: You are not the first to ask this question. I am not going to give you step-by-step directions, but I will give you clues.

You will need a mixture of your toughest Pokemon and what I call “Traveling Pokemon.” These are monsters trained with moves for traveling that may not be so good in fights. They include strength, rock smash, surf, waterfall, cut and rock climb.

Victory Road is a great place to catch wild Pokemon, though I generally prefer to make it all the way through, then go back in to catch wild Pokemon such as Steelix, Onix, Graveler, Golbat and Machop. You will have plenty of fights even without battling wild Pokemon. The place is crawling with trainers.

To avoid unnecessary fights, give the Cleanse Tag to one of your Pokemon and take plenty of Max Repel.

You are going to want to rock climb every rock climbing trail, push every moveable boulder, swim up every lake and waterfall, etc. I think you will find that this Victory Road is actually shorter and easier than some past ones.

One last hint: At the end of the road, you will come to an exit blocked by a guy who tells you something about the world getting bigger. Do not waste your time with him. Go back a few paces and you will see a rock climb. Scale it and you will reach the end of the road–or at least the end of the cave.

Can you trade Pokemon from Emerald to Pokemon Diamond?

Games Guru: Yup! Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen are all Diamond and Pearl-compatible. Just plug your cartridges into the Game Boy slot on your DS.

4,842 Comments on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

1. CRAZY FOR ARCEUS // August 27, 2009 at 10:35 am // Reply

What is a dark ball. I am asking because i saw it on the Pokemon movie with Celebi. Oh and if you can get it can you tell me how to get it. thanks

2. how can i beat the leag 4

3. I want a deoxys

4. Mastertrainer // August 8, 2009 at 2:58 pm // Reply

i need someone to take away some of my rares i hate them

5. To deyoxis rocks inside turnback cave on the spring path

6. To gfug The way I know It without cheating is that you get it In Pokemon Collessem for the gamecube, Use a special cord to trade it to a game boy advance version of pokemon (ruby, safire, emerald, firered , and leafgreen) then you migrate it up. But that is a ton of equitment that even I dont all have, and I dont think you need it to complete the national

7. hey, is anyone intereested in a shiny pachiritsu?

8. Mastertrainer // August 7, 2009 at 6:35 am // Reply

anyone wanna know how to get a ditto (have to have radar and national dex though)

9. i cant get the mystery gift it says
    not copatible with acsess point in range please cheak your nintendo settings and try again.
    i did all that and it still didnt work!
    PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!?

10. Mastertrainer // August 6, 2009 at 6:28 pm // Reply

i need something better to do with my life…………..im going to get platinum………yeah thats what ill do and ill get the other to new ones the new gold and silver yeah….this is gonna rock

11. Mastertrainer // August 6, 2009 at 6:13 pm // Reply

if anyone needs help with any pokemon game ask me note:not for hacks of any sort

12. TheREALpokemonMASTER // August 6, 2009 at 5:52 pm // Reply

lvl100 RAYQUAZA im the best at pokemon oh and any one want a lvl74 rayquaza any regi lvl40 (ice,rock,steel) to get the last i dont want em

13. how do you get hoho

14. I think this is
    one of the best games you could have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

P . S . If you have the national pokedex you can go to
    hearthome city than go to the pokemon center
    and right next to it is a home go in to it and talk
    to the girl inside but make your party pokemon
    have one space open because your going to get
    an EEVEE!!!!!. P . SS. I’am a GIRL THAT’ S
    RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

15. pokemaniacj // July 26, 2009 at 3:37 pm // Reply

My poll ends tomorrow:
    Which is the best:
    A. Entei
    B. Suicune
    C. Raikou

Please vote, people!!!!!
    P. S. Vote on the Platinum Page

16. deoxysrocks // July 26, 2009 at 3:31 pm // Reply

never mind I got it this morning.
    what pokeballs should i use to catch dialga and palkia. (please answer on platinum)

17. flyingblaziken // July 23, 2009 at 8:37 am // Reply

To deoxysrocks, after you beat the E4, go back to the Distortion World and it will be there.

18. deoxysrocks // July 22, 2009 at 6:02 pm // Reply

for platinum, does anyone know where to get the orb that makes giratina stay in origin form?

19. flyingblaziken // July 22, 2009 at 7:42 am // Reply

To dog, in Solaceon Town.

20. Where on Earth can you find Dusk Ball.

21. I will battle you Pokemonmaster.

22. Silver Spiker // July 19, 2009 at 5:47 am // Reply

To pokemanfreakthing22,
    Arceus is the last Pokemon in the Pokedex(#493).
    So far, there are only 2 ways to get Arceus:
    #1:Use the Azure Flute code for Action Replay then go to the Spearpillar
    #2: Use the Wild PokeMod code and do the method for Arceus(Type in 493 on calculator, pressL, set level pressL).

See ya later,
    Silver Spiker
    (PS. I just got a Level1 Arceus of my own)

23. How do you get more powers when you battle?

24. the poll ends the 7-19-09

25. Here is a new poll.
    Who is better?
    A.Mew
    B.Mewtwo
    (post what you think on the pokemon platinum page)

26. pokemanfreakthing22 // July 12, 2009 at 5:59 am // Reply

What is this Arceus that everyone is so freaked out about? I heard you had to get it in a Mystery Gift, but HOW DO YOU GET IT!!!???!!!

27. pokemanfreakthing22 // July 12, 2009 at 5:56 am // Reply

My team is:
    Blaze/Infernape Lv. 92, I think,
    Sandman/Dialga Lv. 63,
    Munchy/Hippowdon Lv. 54,
    Nessie/Lapras Lv. 50,
    Dammy/Bibarel Lv. 43, and
    Pecker/Staraptor Lv. 43.
    WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT!!!!!!

28. Salamence101 // July 10, 2009 at 8:47 am // Reply

To Brobot88,
    Use the same stragety but with swellow, because swellow has higher speed, although at the cost of lower attack. The bonus is that swellow gets a STAB bonus for facade. It is kind of ironic that swellow’s attack and speed are 85 an 125 respectively and Herecross’ are 125 and 85. :lol:

29. pokemonmaster // July 8, 2009 at 7:30 pm // Reply

Does anyone want to battle. All my pkmn r ev trained and ready to battle. just leave a message if ya wanna :)

30. i have the best team in the world

lvl100 arceus

lvl100 groundon

lvl100 rayquaza

lvl100 ho-oh

lvl100 kyogre

32. flyingblaziken // July 6, 2009 at 7:28 am // Reply

brobot88, actually, Burn halves your attack and Guts (when activated) doubles it. But a 140 base power attack is nothin’ ta sneeze at.

33. hey all of you boys that have a heracross i can tell you an awesome move combo…!!

and i will tell you

first teach it facade and get a item that will bur parylis or posion the pokemon… (burn would be best idea) the burn increases heracrosses atk by 50% i think because of his ability (guts) and it also doubles the power in facade!!! awesome combo there (facade- 70 damage without status problem- 140 damage plus boosted atk status problem) the awesome move makes up for the burn!!!

34. pokegeek123 // July 3, 2009 at 5:42 pm // Reply

kj, you can only catch darkri if you have the walk anywhere cheat. you get it if you have an action replay. also if someone has pokemon ranger shadows of almia they can send it over as a mystery gift and all you have to do is go to a pokemart and a man in a green suit will give you it

35. flyingblaziken // July 3, 2009 at 4:28 pm // Reply

pikachuqueen, that news was released WEEKS ago.

36. the real poke master // July 3, 2009 at 11:42 am // Reply

if u want a good team hear mine

shaymin lv 100
    dialga lv 100
    darkrai lv 100
    giratina lv 100
    porigon-z lv 100
    unknown lv 100

(p.s.i used a nintendo event 4 shaymin)

37. how do you catch darkri in pokemon dimond

38. pikachuqueen // July 1, 2009 at 12:32 pm // Reply

okay,BOYS,everbody should know that if you put a ditto in the day care with ANYTHING (but a ledgendary) it will lay an egg.this is cool because if you know someone that started with a different pokemon than you did ,you can get an egg 4 your starter,hatch it,and trade it with your freind who did the same thing.i m lucky cause i started with piplup,my neighbor started with turtwig and got an infernape from his neighbor.also,i heard that they’re gonna make a remake of gold and silver 4 the DS.

39. my team is infernape,arceus,shymin,dialga,giritina and charizard all lv.100s and i have only had pearl for 6 months.

40. flyingblaziken // June 28, 2009 at 1:49 pm // Reply

Rds37, I would suggest you using a Focus Sash on your Ninjask.

41. flyingblaziken // June 25, 2009 at 6:56 am // Reply

salamence101, its true. Can you rate my Battle Frontier team? It’s on the Platinum board either page 5 or 6.

42. to salamence101,do you think i should get rid of my ninjask?I use it as a baton passer but when ever i battle a non AI,the person i’m battling usually kills it in one hit.

43. to mewmaster,EVs are very important.My friend and i compared 2 pokemon,one that had EVs and one that didn’t and there was a huge diffrence

44. pokefreak99 // June 24, 2009 at 1:45 pm // Reply

champin88no you cant

45. pokefreak99 // June 24, 2009 at 1:43 pm // Reply

how do you get feebas in pokemon diamond

46. Salamence101 // June 24, 2009 at 8:18 am // Reply

To Froggy16 and Flyingblazekin,
    Thanks for the compliment :)

47. flyingblaziken // June 23, 2009 at 7:26 am // Reply

mewmaster, froggy16 is right. What salamence101 is doing is EV training. That way his team will be better, faster, and stronger.

48. I have a diaga. oh how do you get a action replay cheat,a friend told me and I forgot.
    [p.s.if you have a action replay cheat you can get other trainers pokemon by pressing L and R].

49. To Mewmaster,
    If you don’t understand why that matters than you don’t really understand the game. Salamence101 is a great trainer because he breeds his pokemon to be stronger. This matters because you can have the same pokemon at the same level but one can be stronger than the other.

50. flyingblaziken // June 22, 2009 at 7:33 am // Reply

mewmaster, you can’t get Dialga on Pearl without trading. That’s what I meant.

1 89 90 91 92 93 94