Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

I can’t get the poke radar to work. I already have the national dex and whenever I try to use the radar, it always says (Professor Rowan’s words echoed) “There’s a time and place for everything, but not now.”

Games Guru: It only works when you are standing in the kind of tall grass where Pokemon like to hide.

Can you give me directions through Stark Mountain?

Games Guru: Stark Mountain is just too large for me to give a walkthrough. Sorry.

Is there really a Stareon and a star stone?

Games Guru: I have run across Staryus, Omastars and Staraptors, but no Stareons or star stones. Sorry.

Can you tell me how to use the Pokemon radar? I clicked on it with my stilus and I went into the light green grass for Pokemon, but nothing shows up. HEEELLLP!!!!!

Games Guru: You are going to need the National Pokedex before your radar works. You will know you have it when you see a meeting between Professor Oak (the professor in many earlier Pokemon games) and Professor Rowan.

How do you get through Victory Road?

Games Guru: You are not the first to ask this question. I am not going to give you step-by-step directions, but I will give you clues.

You will need a mixture of your toughest Pokemon and what I call “Traveling Pokemon.” These are monsters trained with moves for traveling that may not be so good in fights. They include strength, rock smash, surf, waterfall, cut and rock climb.

Victory Road is a great place to catch wild Pokemon, though I generally prefer to make it all the way through, then go back in to catch wild Pokemon such as Steelix, Onix, Graveler, Golbat and Machop. You will have plenty of fights even without battling wild Pokemon. The place is crawling with trainers.

To avoid unnecessary fights, give the Cleanse Tag to one of your Pokemon and take plenty of Max Repel.

You are going to want to rock climb every rock climbing trail, push every moveable boulder, swim up every lake and waterfall, etc. I think you will find that this Victory Road is actually shorter and easier than some past ones.

One last hint: At the end of the road, you will come to an exit blocked by a guy who tells you something about the world getting bigger. Do not waste your time with him. Go back a few paces and you will see a rock climb. Scale it and you will reach the end of the road–or at least the end of the cave.

Can you trade Pokemon from Emerald to Pokemon Diamond?

Games Guru: Yup! Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen are all Diamond and Pearl-compatible. Just plug your cartridges into the Game Boy slot on your DS.

4,842 Comments on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

1. pokemanfreakthing16 // December 2, 2009 at 5:55 pm // Reply

I’m running my own poll. Vote on the Diamond page this time.
    Who would win in a battle, like in “Arceus and The Jewel of Life”?
    A. Dialga
    B. Palkia
    C. Giratina
    Poll closes the second New Years Eve ends.

2. pokemanfreakthing16 // December 2, 2009 at 5:36 pm // Reply

Alright thanks Pokemaster P. I look forward to it.

Also, is there anyone who needs help getting up Stark Mountain? I already have Heatran (see my party)

3. Hey guys i beat all my friends in these games and i wanna try to battle people via wifi but i dont know how can anyone help me?

4. to pokemon master p,
    my ninjask doesn’t need experince,it’s at level 68.It only dies when i am battling non AI and when i use sword dance then baton pass,the pokemon i switch to has a high attack and does tons of damage.Should i still get rid of baton pass?

5. to pika pika 2 meterors outside veilstone

6. Pokemaster P // November 27, 2009 at 8:00 am // Reply

pokemonfreakthing22:

To see my party, go to the Diamond board where everyone brags about their teams.

7. im new here but i have a level 100 deoxys [speed form] i got at gts does anyone know how to get it to a different form? if so write back!!!!!!!

8. Pokemon Diomond and the Pearl is asome.I haven’t learnd much about it.Have you?

9. Pokemaster P // November 25, 2009 at 9:32 am // Reply

to rds37,

I never teach my pokemon Baton Pass, I think it takes up valuable move space. To give him experience points, I’d give it a Ex. P Share, which you can get from Prof. Rowan’s aide, (a.k.a Dawn’s dad,) in the entrance to Cycling Road, Eterna Side, for SEEING ( not catching like the old days!) 35 pokemon.

10. pokemanfreakthing22 // November 24, 2009 at 6:56 pm // Reply

My Pokemon party is as follows:
    Arceus Lv. 100
    Infernape Lv. 100
    Swampert Lv. 100
    Giratina Lv. 80
    Heatran Lv. 71
    Dialga Lv. 67
    Pokemaster P and Salamence 101, could you please post your partys (the grammar is correct here) on this page too?
    I can answer any questions for any Sinnoh Pokemon games also, but I may not get back very fast. I do not have much time on my hands.
    PS-Next time you see me I will be pokemanfreakthing16. 16 is my lucky number:)

• I can beat your team pokemanfreakthing22 my team is
      abomasnow 100
      arceus 100
      swampert 100
      blastors 100
      charzard 100
      giratina orgin form 100

11. to anyone,i have a ninjask that i use for baton passing but most of the time,it gets killed before it can use baton pass.any tips or should i just cut it.

12. The best way to beat Roark is to have a Turtwig.

13. to Pokemaster P:
    it is actually called the “Reaper Cloth.”

14. Pokemaster P // November 13, 2009 at 3:50 pm // Reply

xeveroth:

To do that, you need the “Phantom’s Cloak” That is supposedly in Turnback cave (where you can get Giratina)

15. pokemaster how can i make my duskull evolve into a dusknoir

16. darkpokemon88 // November 11, 2009 at 10:36 pm // Reply

CHANSY IS A BEAST :D BUT ARCEUS WILL STILL WIN :0

17. name:Arceus
    where:Toys “R” us
    time:November 7-15

hope this helps! (:

18. I can answer Q’s for platinum.

19. To Salamence101,
    Sorry was on vacation, I am sorry I forogt to tell you all. I LOVE this idea. That sounds fine, sorry if I forget and answer questions on one of your alls pages but I will try. Oh and I think you forgot fire/leafgreen, I will take it because there isn’t a lot of activity.

20. Salamence101 // October 22, 2009 at 8:20 am // Reply

To pokemaster P,
    That’s fine, i’ll get the Platnium page.

Froggy 16, what do you think?

21. Pokemaster P // October 20, 2009 at 6:56 pm // Reply

To Salamence101,

They’res one problem, I stink at Platinum.

The only pokemon game that has given me major stress.

So, I doubt I can answer questions, sorry.

22. hay pikachuqueen
    flyingblaziken is right about the
    2 new pokemon games.
    and that news about dittos my bro. and me
    already knew wen we had yellow.

23. Salamence101 // October 16, 2009 at 10:37 am // Reply

To Pokemaster P and Froggy16,
    How abou this: (S101:Platnium, Pearl, Fire red and Sapphire.) (Pokemaster P: Diamond&Pearl, Platnium and Diamond pages If you know about emerald version take Emerald and the RS&E page)
    (froggy16: Ruby, Red, gold, leaf green, crystal, and silver games that you seem to know a lot about.)
    Because few comments are posted there, how about we use the Pokemon Red Version page for conversations between us three.

24. Salamence101 // October 16, 2009 at 10:18 am // Reply

To pokefreak6464,
    Ha, caught you red handed: Quote: “it also has max stats.”
    This means that you do have an action replay. Which means you were wrong about the breeding legendarys thing.

25. To pokefreak6464,
    I think I counted 20…of course some are used far less than others and they are missing blue and yellow version.

26. Pokemaster P // October 13, 2009 at 3:20 pm // Reply

I’m back!

27. pokefreak6464 // October 12, 2009 at 11:51 am // Reply

got a level 100 dialga that knows roar of time, hyper beam, thunder, and fire blast. it also has max stats.

28. pokefreak6464 // October 12, 2009 at 11:43 am // Reply

How many pokemon pages are there!?!?!:( :) :D :O

29. pokemanfreakthing22 // October 11, 2009 at 1:04 pm // Reply

Just to let you guys (Salamence101 and Pokemaster P) know, I can answer questions too!

30. To Pokemaster P,
    My bad, I thought you said Mondays and Tuesdays, sorry.

31. Pokemaster P // October 10, 2009 at 1:49 pm // Reply

To Salamence101,

OMG, he’s wrong for once! :O

It’s just this Monday and Tuesay, Oct. 12 and 13.

32. To Salamence101,
    Pokemaster P has a favor to ask. You seem to have pearl and platinum and he seems to have Diamond/pearl and you seem to split diamond. He wants to know if you can answer questions on diamond/pearl on Mondays and Tuesdays for him. Also I have a request for you as well. You seem to do a great job of giving complex answers to the really complicated questions people have, but could you also answer the easy questions as well? If you could I would really appreciate it, thanks. Together I think we can make this site a lot better.

33. Pokemaster P // October 9, 2009 at 1:07 pm // Reply

To super guy,

No, you have to beat Maylene and Wade (its been a long time, so i think that’s they’re names!) first.

34. Do i pass hearthome city gym the 1st time around?

35. Salamence101 // October 1, 2009 at 3:31 pm // Reply

To pokemaster P,
    Yup, he is always right… and so am i. Just like you i am also here to answer questions. so..

IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP JUST ASK, and if you don’t ask… i’ll answer anyway XD

36. Pokemaster P // October 1, 2009 at 2:09 pm // Reply

Yo froggy16 and cool guy,

Sorry, long computer break!

Froggy16 is right, as always! Thanks! :D

37. To cool guy,
    You will have to migrate them from emerald. To get Jirachi on those games you have to get a special disk of Pokemon Colosseum. To get Deoxys you have to go to a Nintendo event. (I hope Pokemaster P answers before me but just incase I wanted to give you your answer.)

38. pokemaster please write back before october.

39. pokemaster p how do you catch deoxes and jirachi on pokemon diomond?

40. Hey, I’m hear to answer questions. I’m am awesome at diamond, so ill answer any questions sent to me.

41. Questions anyone, I’ll be happy to provide you with answers.

42. kyogreforthewin // September 10, 2009 at 5:27 pm // Reply

as you might guess from my username, i am a big fan of Sapphire. i know u need the national dex to transfer Pokemon from that game to Diamond. how do i get it?

43. you should beable to get diamond &pearl pokemon on gamecube

44. Salamence101 // September 7, 2009 at 7:51 am // Reply

To someonewhoisagirl,
    WHOA! first of all, you still have 3 more gymns to beat before you should even worry about that city. Head to Hearthome city and beat fantina. She will let you use surf. Surf to Canalave city and beat byron there. Then you must beat some of the galactic leaders and you will be given the task of going to snowpoint city. Beat Candice there and THEN you must catch Dialga/Palkia at the top of spear pillar. After doing this, you can get to sunnyshore city.

45. mastertrainer I will take your rares.

46. Is pokemon wiiranch a real game?

47. Turt wiig Turt Turt (Can someone help me get acrues event).

48. pokerocker 2000 // September 1, 2009 at 3:50 pm // Reply

on platnum how do you see prinplup?

49. someonewhoisagirl // August 31, 2009 at 8:49 pm // Reply

i am stuck i dont know what to do i just defeated the gym leader in petoralia(crasher wake)
    i want to get to the next city but i cant it says the power is out
    HELP!!

• u have 2 go up mt. coronet and fight cyrus up at the top and fight dialga/palkia. then u can go 2 sunnyshore.

50. Pokemaster P // August 30, 2009 at 4:19 pm // Reply

to CRAZY FOR ARCEUS,
    The ball isn’t like the dark ball in the movie.
    It only helps in night-time or cave pokemon encounters

1 90 91 92 93 94