Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

I can’t get the poke radar to work. I already have the national dex and whenever I try to use the radar, it always says (Professor Rowan’s words echoed) “There’s a time and place for everything, but not now.”

Games Guru: It only works when you are standing in the kind of tall grass where Pokemon like to hide.

Can you give me directions through Stark Mountain?

Games Guru: Stark Mountain is just too large for me to give a walkthrough. Sorry.

Is there really a Stareon and a star stone?

Games Guru: I have run across Staryus, Omastars and Staraptors, but no Stareons or star stones. Sorry.

Can you tell me how to use the Pokemon radar? I clicked on it with my stilus and I went into the light green grass for Pokemon, but nothing shows up. HEEELLLP!!!!!

Games Guru: You are going to need the National Pokedex before your radar works. You will know you have it when you see a meeting between Professor Oak (the professor in many earlier Pokemon games) and Professor Rowan.

How do you get through Victory Road?

Games Guru: You are not the first to ask this question. I am not going to give you step-by-step directions, but I will give you clues.

You will need a mixture of your toughest Pokemon and what I call “Traveling Pokemon.” These are monsters trained with moves for traveling that may not be so good in fights. They include strength, rock smash, surf, waterfall, cut and rock climb.

Victory Road is a great place to catch wild Pokemon, though I generally prefer to make it all the way through, then go back in to catch wild Pokemon such as Steelix, Onix, Graveler, Golbat and Machop. You will have plenty of fights even without battling wild Pokemon. The place is crawling with trainers.

To avoid unnecessary fights, give the Cleanse Tag to one of your Pokemon and take plenty of Max Repel.

You are going to want to rock climb every rock climbing trail, push every moveable boulder, swim up every lake and waterfall, etc. I think you will find that this Victory Road is actually shorter and easier than some past ones.

One last hint: At the end of the road, you will come to an exit blocked by a guy who tells you something about the world getting bigger. Do not waste your time with him. Go back a few paces and you will see a rock climb. Scale it and you will reach the end of the road–or at least the end of the cave.

Can you trade Pokemon from Emerald to Pokemon Diamond?

Games Guru: Yup! Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen are all Diamond and Pearl-compatible. Just plug your cartridges into the Game Boy slot on your DS.

4,842 Comments on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

1. how do i get to see kanto starters but i don’t have a ds i have a 3DS

2. To Salamence101:
    You’re back?!?!?!
    Remember 2008, back on the Red board?
    Those were the days…

3. Salamence101 // January 25, 2013 at 6:31 pm // Reply

I have returned, guys!!!

4. I have a team of level 100 shiny arceuses

5. Hey, does anyone have a turtwig who wants a pikachu because I’ve deposited one into the global link so go to the global link look for a pikachu And I’ll be the one who didn’t register his location and it will show a picture of a turtwig.

6. Face, you only go to different region in Crystal, Gold, Silver, HG and SS.

7. pokemaster234 // April 29, 2011 at 12:02 am // Reply

Hey Guys my palkia is lv 70

8. My fav Pokemon

Smeargle Flygon Blastoise Porygon-Z Latios Gengar Crobat

I’m stuck on catching Heatran in Stark Mountain. It’s SOOOOOOO hard!

9. I have 200 Lv.100 and I compleated my national pokedex oh yah.

10. Celibi is at gamestop Feb. 21 through march 6!!! March 6 is Pokemon Black & Pokemon White!

11. Rate my team

Machamp lv 99
    Lucario lv 84
    Pidgeot lv 100
    Charizard lv x
    Absol

12. i can’t defeat the élite 4

• I beat the elite 4 once but cynthia’s garchomp beat me with earthquake i went down

• IAMAWESOME // March 7, 2011 at 11:10 am //

hey i should look at the bright side: even though garchomp uses earthquake, it dosn’t use draco meater like on the show

13. How many Pokemon do u need 2 see/catch to complete the Sinnoh pokedex

14. there’s another event!

Ash’s Pikachu
    Starting January 30

This Pikachu’s based off of Pikachu in the movie Zoroark:Master of Illusion

15. Can you get 2 shiny Raikous?

16. Raikou’s OT is GAMSTP.

17. Shiny Raikou is TODAY!!!!!!!!

18. Raikou is tommorow!!!!! Also, I found out they always have the same nature. Suicune has a relaxed nature.

19. Dawn’s sister can get you you rare pokemon like Absol, and Mr. Backlot can get you more than 1 Eevee.

20. To change Deoxys’ form, go to Veilstone with him 1st in your party, and touch a meteorite.

21. EVENT: there are 3 events going on starting on January 3rd at Gamestop. The dates and Pokemon are here!

Shiny Raikou: January 3rd-9th
    Shiny Entei: January 17th-23rd
    Shiny Suicune: January 31st-February 6th

These Pokemon are not shiny, but know moves they can’t normaly know and can give you a chance to unlock Zoroark in Black and White.

22. How do you catch Shaymin? Where do you get the flowers to change him to sky form?

23. Is there anything Mr. Goods in Hearthrome city gives you besides the gym statue?

24. Can you get Dialga on Pearl/Palkia on Diamond without trading?

• Hurricane1973 // May 15, 2011 at 8:45 am // Reply

YES!! But, you have to cheat and ruin your game with the horrible action replay that has broght nothing but misery.

25. How do you get Arceus?

26. pokemanfreakthing16 // November 13, 2010 at 4:37 pm // Reply

What happened to Salamence101? He was pretty smart.

27. pokemanfreakthing16 // November 13, 2010 at 4:28 pm // Reply

If anyone wants to see all my Lv. 100s look at the HeartGold page.

28. ARE THESE GOOD POKEMON?TORTERRA,RHYDON,CAMERUPT,MESPRIT,GOLEM,AND GENGAR.

29. no you cant get garchomp at victory road you have to catch gible then then level it up to lv.48.

30. Hurricane 1973 // October 22, 2010 at 4:17 pm // Reply

What would be some good moves to teach my Metagross?All he knows right now are Flash,(Not flash cannon I made the mistake of buying it thinking it was flash cannon.)Take down, and strength.

• pokemanfreakthing16 // November 13, 2010 at 4:15 pm // Reply

If it’s any help, my awesome Metagross, Smartie X, knows Psychic, Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, and Strength. Try that combo.

31. whos your favorit pokemon

32. Hurricane1973 // July 26, 2010 at 1:12 pm // Reply

How do you get Cresselia?

• yoshirider979 // August 8, 2010 at 9:27 pm // Reply

Go to Canalave City and go to the house next to the sailer and talk to the boy in the bed then go talk to the sailer and he will bring you to fullmoon island where you will find Cresselia after you talk to Cresselia then it runs away and then you can find it roaming around sinho.

33. Hurricane1973 // July 26, 2010 at 12:56 pm // Reply

Please rate my team.
    Heatran lvl.70 Overheat, Lava Plume ,Fire Spin, Iron Head.
    Staraptor lvl.74 Facade, Fly ,Aerial Ace ,Roost.
    Torterra lvl.59 Solar Beam ,Stone Edge ,Crunch ,Giga Drain.
    Lucario lvl.62 Aura Sphere ,Focus Blast ,Drain Punch ,Dragon Pulse.
    Dialga lvl.65 Dragon Pulse ,Earth Power ,Dragon Claw ,Roar of Time.
    Uxie lvl.55(He isnt a very high level an his moves aren’t good but I just got him yesterday!)Extrasensory ,Yawn ,Future sight ,Protect.

34. Hurricane1973 // July 18, 2010 at 9:20 pm // Reply

Can you migrate pokemon from red and blue?

35. Hurricane1973 // July 17, 2010 at 1:57 pm // Reply

How do you get out of the battle area.

36. Hurricane1973 // July 17, 2010 at 1:56 pm // Reply

How do you get into the snowpoint temple.

• fire2011///'errrrrrrr // August 17, 2010 at 10:11 pm // Reply

to get in snowpoint temple you need to get the natinal pokedex then the man / lady will say that you can’t go in but then the gym leader will say that you can go in /but if you want to get regigigas then you’ll need the three regie’s have them at lv.2 or lv.3 or lv1 cause regigigas is at lv.1 trust me i did it.

• pokemanfreakthing16 // November 13, 2010 at 4:24 pm //

In Diamond & Pearl Regigigas is NOT Lv. 1!!! I’ve said this at least 3 times. In D & P, it is Lv. 70. Heed my warning!

• If you get Regigigas at level 1 when all three regis are level 1, 2, or 3, how do you get the regis to level 1, 2, or 3?

• Typhlosion // April 13, 2011 at 9:19 pm //

Get things clear:
        Regigigas D&P level:70
        Regigigas Platinum level:1

• how do I get the national dex in platinum?????

37. I’m planning on buying one of these games after I buy pokemon Heart Gold.

38. how do you migrate pokemon

• Insert a generation 3 cartridge (Sapphire,Ruby,Emerald,FireRed,LeafGreen),press on the Main Menu ” Migrate From _____, select six pokemon,press ok,go to the Pal Park(south of Sandgem town),, participate in the catching show,and search for your precious pokemon.

• Get the ND and go to Route 221. This is where you catch pokemon that you migrated from the starting menu.

39. Hurricane1973 // June 27, 2010 at 11:53 pm // Reply

How do you catch MewTwo?How do you get Pokeradar?

40. Hurricane1973 // June 27, 2010 at 11:52 pm // Reply

How do you get Garchomp?

41. pokemon4ever // June 22, 2010 at 4:27 pm // Reply

how do you catch a ditto?????

• you cant

• carson 101 // August 25, 2010 at 8:20 am //

you can breetend

• Typhlosion // December 23, 2010 at 5:07 pm //

Yes you can. Get the National Dex, go and speak to Mr. Backlot after saving in front of him at the Pokemon Mansion, talk to him and see if he says the special pokemon is Ditto. If not, restart the game and ask him again. Then you can catch it at the Trophy Garden.

• game guro2 // February 22, 2011 at 8:37 pm //

yes you can,you need the national dex use the poke radar a few times next to canalave city.

• Migrate it. This helps because Ditto and a legendary pokemon in the day care is another legendary.Manaphy+Ditto in the day care=Phione.

• poke hint man // February 22, 2011 at 7:35 pm // Reply

you can cacth ditto in a desert in the game after you find 150 kanto pokemon and beat the elite four and the champion

1 92 93 94