Pokemon Heart Gold

How can you get the egg from Professor Elm’s aide when my party is full? And how can you get Pokemon from your Pokewalker into your party?

Games Guru: Sorry, but you cannot add the egg if you don’t have space in your party. Here’s how to restore your Pokemon: Turn on your game. Go to the Pokewalker Connection screen. Press and hold all these buttons at the same time: Up + Select + R. That’s all there is to it!

What happens after you beat Red? What do you do after that? Thanks for answering my questions.

Games Guru: There’s still an adventure that awaits. Fly over to Professor Oak’s lab (that’s in Pallet Town). Choose a Kanto starter and toss him in the PC. Now you can add Kygore and fly back to Route 30. Inside Mr. Pokemon’s house, you’ll get a blue orb. That should give you a good start!

Can you really catch Lugia in Heart Gold?

Games Guru: Yes. Head over to Pewter City and an old man will give you a silver feather to capture Lugia. Now go to the Whirl Islands, all the way to the bottom. You can catch Lugia at Level 70.

487 Comments on Pokemon Heart Gold

1. Shiny Zekrom // July 12, 2010 at 5:50 pm // Reply

my HeartGold was in a chlorinated pool for 3 DAYS and works fine

My pokewalker went in the washer… not as good… :(

2. Here rate my teem: (Rate 1-5)
    Dragonite level 56
    Arceus level 100 (trade from friend)
    Typhlosion level 79
    Dialga level 6 (Training Just Got)
    Manaphy level 100 (Traded from Friend)
    Snorlax level 51

3. C Typhlosion Hez Awsome!

4. is this a good team or not?
    Arceus lv. 100,
    Snorlax lv. 51,
    Pupitar lv. 43,
    Meganium lv. 42,
    Raticate lv. 41,
    and Giratina lv. 40.
    Please respond!

5. hey, if any1 has an arceus go 2 the ruins of alph w/ arceus following u and go in2 the house in the bottom right a guy bumps in2 u and says “OMG its an arceus(not really but something like it)” and he goes down in2 the ruins w/ u and ur arceus and u teleport 2 the sinjoh ruins were u meet cynthia and can get giratina, dialga, or palkia.

6. cuboneman909 // July 9, 2010 at 9:57 am // Reply

i have a poll.
    a. Giratina
    b. Dialga
    c. Palkia
    contest ends the 11th.

7. cuboneman909 // July 9, 2010 at 9:34 am // Reply

i am pokefreak404 with a different name

8. george harris // July 8, 2010 at 6:37 pm // Reply

Pokemon you have to go to lavender town to get pokeflut

9. cuboneman909 // July 8, 2010 at 10:26 am // Reply

i no the perfect team for beating red. Arceus lv. 100, and mew lv. 100. :)

• Is that all. if you have already battled him you should know that all his pokemon are l.v80+.

• yeah i no. this was also a kind of joke. plus it works, ive tried it. use judgement alot and own him and if arceus dies own red with mews psykick. i no i spelled that wrong.

10. pokefreak404 // July 8, 2010 at 8:09 am // Reply

Rate my team 1-5. Im on Sabrina and have Arceus Lv. 100, Giratina Lv. 36, Meganium Lv. 40, Raticate Lv. 40, Donphan Lv. 36, and Cubone Lv. 16 (traning it).

• cuboneman909 // July 9, 2010 at 4:45 pm // Reply

now my team is arceus lv. 100, snorlax lv. 50, meganium lv. 41, raticate lv. 40, giratina lv. 38, and marowak lv. 32.

• lucario // July 10, 2010 at 5:24 am //

your levels,(aside from arceus) are a bit low for where you are in the game, and if your still on sabrina, you need a dark-type. By the way, which plates do you have?

• i changed my name again and im now on blue with snorlax lv. 51, cloyster lv. 45, pupitar lv. 45, meganium lv. 43, and giratina lv. 43. the last spot i rotate with lower lv. pkmn so i can train them. rite now its a wobbefett lv. 29. i took out arceus and still managed to beat the gyms. and, arceus was ghost type and the ghost plate is the only 1 i have.

• game master // August 21, 2010 at 2:31 pm //

• I rate it a 3 for the 2 Legendaries.

11. pokefreak404 // July 7, 2010 at 4:24 pm // Reply

hey, can anyone tell me how 2 get plates 4 arceus? i know its from the boat but every time i talk 2 the captain he doesnt give me one. Plzz help!

• That’s pretty much the only way to get them in heartgold, but if you have pearl or platinum, try finding them in the underground and trading for them.

12. pokemaster // July 5, 2010 at 6:43 pm // Reply

ive also beat the elite 4 and red 4 times.

13. pokemaster // July 5, 2010 at 6:42 pm // Reply

my team is
    Typhlosion lv 94
    Darkrai lv 100
    lugia lv 100
    Blastoise lv 100
    Scizor lv 100
    Rayquaza lv 100

14. pokemaster // July 5, 2010 at 5:01 pm // Reply

how do you get celebi to come out in ilex forest?

15. pokefeverkid1 // July 5, 2010 at 8:50 am // Reply

hey heres a poll
    whos your favorite
    a feraligatr
    b meganium
    c typhlosion(so awesome)
    post your awnsers on emrald and write name letter ends by end of July

16. my team is:
    kyogre lv 52, pokerus
    ho-oh lv 48,pokerus
    raiku lv 45
    suicune lv 43,pokerus
    entei lv 43,pokerus
    typhlosion lv 89, pokerus

17. Spearow are not WORTHLESS Pokemon. I have a level 80 Spearow on my Team nicknamed “Spear” that i got on my poke’ walker when i first started the game the day it came out!! It came out no where on the poke’ walker at only level 5, after i took my starter pokemon off the walker. It can cream my in game Rivals level 60 magainium with only ONE drill peak! Talk about being strong! But I would agree on setrit, they are the worst to find when you want a ditto.
    (You can also find ditto outside the daycare in the grass near all the trainers. Happy hunting!)

18. To get Rayquaza you need a Groudon FROM Pokemon Soul Silver ONLY!!
    (I know, i don’t even have Groudon from S.S. yet because I’m letting my older sister borrow the game… I do have a level 100 Groudon on my Platinum version but It doesn’t work…)
    THEN you need to go to Oak lab WITH the two legendary pokemon and he’ll give you a “Emerald orb”. (At lest i think that’s what its called.) AND THEN go back to the “place” (I can’t remember its name off hand…) where Groudon and Kyoger were, and Rayquza should be there.

19. In heartgold, is there any way of getting a shiny stone other than the post-national pokedex bug-catching contest?

• pokemaster // July 5, 2010 at 7:35 pm // Reply

if you have pearl diamond or platinum version you can get it from there, but otherwise i dont think so. sorry! :[

• Go to the pokeathlon and buy them with points on certain days only.

• Galvantula // April 18, 2011 at 6:31 pm // Reply

Bird Keeper Josh on Route 14 gives you Shiny Stones if you give him his phone number. You can also buy Shiny Stones for 3000 points on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

20. for the record: u can catch lugia in heart gold. there. also, right now there is a very easy way to get jirachi, ill let u figure that one out. and for all of u claiming to be the best, u will never be the best unless u IV breed and EV train. if u did those two things, i am impressed.

21. Ah… The good old days of pokemon gold, silver and crystal.
    I used to have silver and crystal and my sister had gold and blue

22. Gamemaster // June 29, 2010 at 10:04 am // Reply

I will definetly consider getting this. (Or Soulsilver. There’s really no difference besides the names.)

• yes, there is. It’s the pokemon that appear. For example, you can only catch spinarak in heartgold, and can only get ledyba in soulsiver

• pokefreak404 // July 7, 2010 at 4:26 pm // Reply

plus ho-oh and lugia. lv. 45 ho-oh is pre-elite 4 in HG, and then u can get lv. 70 lugia after the elite 4. flip flop 4 SS.

23. the boy KING // June 27, 2010 at 3:28 pm // Reply

I’ve caught lugia, he’s a fighter

24. In Olivine City, when you battle Jasmine, what type of Pokemon should I use to kill her? (And don’t even bother saying steel)

25. dark poketrainer // June 25, 2010 at 5:51 pm // Reply

pokefeverkid u probaly hacked

26. dark poketrainer // June 25, 2010 at 5:50 pm // Reply

my goal is to be the very best poke trainer ever

27. PWN Machine // June 24, 2010 at 4:17 pm // Reply

I have the original Pokemon Gold version for Gameboy Color and I saw every legendary Pokemon that was made at that time except for Mew, Celebi, and Mewtwo. I know Celebi’s in the game but I don’t know where to find it.

28. pokemanfreakthing16 // June 24, 2010 at 6:15 am // Reply

Hey guys I used to be on the Diamond & Pearl page, but now there’s a new Guru in town! So, anybody got any questions?

PS-Black and White seems a little racist but looks awesome!

• shinycharizard // July 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm // Reply

I disagree, the generation of pokemon keeps getting worse and worse.They should have stopped after pokemon sapphire,ruby and emerald.

29. eagleorbust // June 24, 2010 at 2:48 am // Reply

i seriously failed versus pryce a couple weeks ago. i’m a slow player, and my mom doesn’t let me play that often. took forever to find a ditto yesterday. safari zone is really fustrating. caught 2 of the 6 pokemon i actually wanted. nintendo and game freak should edit out the worthless pokemon like sentret or spearow, the ones you already caught or don;t need. i ended up find a tauros outside of the gate. *sigh*

30. infernape000 // June 23, 2010 at 5:10 pm // Reply

How do you get celebe:|

31. the master chief // June 23, 2010 at 8:19 am // Reply

can u get groudon on heartgold? i don’t think u can, but if u can how? ans do u need to get groudon and kyogre to get raquaza, since i got kyogre. or can u get raquaza without catching groudon and kyogre

• you can not get groudon in heartgold only in soulsilver you get kyogre in heartgoldtrade with a freind to get groudon show them to mr.pokemon or prof.oak and they will give you an orb bring it to the same tower you caught kyogre in and he will be there

32. the master chief // June 23, 2010 at 8:16 am // Reply

@pokefeverkid1: ok. but you’ll b the 1 2 lose!

• pokefeverkid1 // June 26, 2010 at 3:09 pm // Reply

im sorry for bragging oh and a shoutout a couple days from now will
      be ditto day where all you encounter is ditto if any body needs any cathing information just ask:)

33. pokefeverkid1 // June 21, 2010 at 3:34 pm // Reply

i am the most powrful trainer on EARTH. none of you could beat ME .
    in fact i beat red with blastoise charizard and venesaur

JUST TRY:)

34. registeel2 // June 21, 2010 at 9:40 am // Reply

The winner is . . . . Zekrom and only 1 person voted thanks Treeckoman.

35. my cousin has heartgold and i`m saving up money for it.

36. Treeckoman // June 18, 2010 at 11:49 am // Reply

I say Zekrom because it is black

37. first, you need to meet blue in the cinnabar islands after you’ve beaten blaine. he’s just north of the pokemon center, and you don’t need any hms. then fly back to viridian city and challenge him.

38. One thing about pokemon games is that i can never decide what to evolve my eevee into! anyone have any reccomendations?

• yes. breed it (you’ll need a ditto if it’s a male) until you have 5 if your game’s heartgold or soulsilver, or 7 if it’s pearl, diamond, or platnium. Then evolve each one into a different eeveelution. For your original, I’d say flareon, because it’s good in more gym battles than the other two stone evelutions, and it’s a lot easier to evolve an espeon or umbreon from one that hatched. P.S. to get a glaceon or leafeon in heartgold or soulsilver, you need to trade

• jedicubone // June 21, 2010 at 5:48 pm // Reply

yes, umbreon!

• the master chief // June 23, 2010 at 8:22 am // Reply

i would get vaporeon or umbreon. i say vaporeon bcause its stats are over all better than joltean, flareon, and espeon. umbreon since i have one, and it’s the best out of the 7 of the eeveeelutions. i would know. i got em all, plus 2 eevee’s

• Evolve it into something and make it have enough babies with a Ditto and evolve them into the others.

39. also, how’d you get 2 hoenn starters?

• Trade with friends and on wi-fi I have Totodile, Chickorita, Cyndaquil, Crowconaw, Bayleaf, Quilava, Feraligatr, Meganium, an Typhlosion.

40. yes, although volt tackle is risky without the rock head ability. By the way, does anyone have tips on how to level up pokemon fast?

41. How do you get to the 8th gym leader?

42. legorex115 // June 14, 2010 at 4:12 pm // Reply

games guru,
    you can only catch him in Pokemon soul silver version. it says it in the strategy guide. but you can trade it with another persons poke walker.

43. registeel2 // June 14, 2010 at 11:01 am // Reply

Hey guys how about a poll
    who is better
    A Zekrom
    B Reshiram
    Poll ends 6/21.

44. pokemon409 // June 13, 2010 at 6:51 am // Reply

how do u get to pewter city after arriving at vermillion city ( or whatever it is )? i beat the 3rd gym and misty isnt at the second one. rt. 9 is blocked off by fences. also, the entrance to digglet cave in saffron city is blocked by a sleeping snorlax and i dont have the flute. i need help!

• the poke flute is at the top section of the radio

• pokefreak404 // July 7, 2010 at 5:50 pm // Reply

in the place that used 2 have the lost tower in Firered/leafgreen, its now a radio tower. Fix the generator and u can get the poke flute which can wake up the snorlax.

• pokefreak404 // July 8, 2010 at 7:56 am //

u fix the generator by going 2 cerulean and going in the gym and chasing down the team rocket dude. he stole the part

• what?

• the generator is were the power plant used 2 be. srry. talk 2 the guy in there and he says that the part was stolen then u chase down the team rocket dude. i think hes chinese or something

45. level 100 typhlosion, level 100 dragonite, level 100 pikachu knows volt tackle, level 100 charzard, level 100 blastoise, level 100 venasaur. is that a good team? please respond

46. It is a relatively easy game. ask me a question and I will probably be able to come up with an answer. I have beaten Red, and have all legendaries except Rayquaza, to prove my point. This game is awesome!

47. pokemon409 // June 11, 2010 at 2:45 pm // Reply

what about soulsilver

48. my brother has the pokemon silver version for gameboy advance and he’s caught lugia,ho-oh,entei,suicine,raikou and celebi.

49. how do get to pewter city

• You go to that Snorlax blocking Diglets Cave after you nab the
      pokeflute and use it (to do that you put your Pokegear circle on the top). Now talk to Snorlax with the pokeflute on, catch him
      (running or beating the stuff out of him is fine) and go through the cave!

50. my brother has the game pokemon silver version for gameboy advance and he caught lugia,ho-oh,entei,suicine,raikou and celebi.

1 2 3 4