Games Guru

Pokemon Soulsilver

Hey, Games Guru, Right now I’m trying to beat the Elite 4. In my party I have Feraligatr, Lugia, Beedrill, Flaafy, Raticate and Krabby. Can you give me some advice?

Games Guru: This is a lengthy process, as I’m sure you know. Here’s Part 1 on a three-part series on the beating the Elite Four.

I heard from someone that you can catch Ho-oh on soul silver. Is this true, and if yes, how? Thanks.

Games Guru: Defeat the Elite Four. Then, you’ll be able to go to the Kanto region in Pewter City. The old man there will let you have a rainbow wing. Take that because it will let you find Ho-oh in Ecruteak City. He’s at the top of the Bell Tower over there. Try using the master ball on him.

How do you wake up the snorlax blocking diglets cave? I know you need a expn card, but where do you get it? Then how do I get to Mount Silver? The policeman won’t let me through. One last thing: How do you get past the construction men blocking the path to Cinnbar Island? Thank you for answering my questions!

Games Guru: Since Pokemon questions require really detailed answers, I’ll just help you wake the snorlax. You need the updated radio in Lavender Town. The manager of Lavender Town will give you the upgrade after a mission. When you go back to the snorlax, you need to have the radio on the channel that plays the Poke Flute music. But you have to drag the little dot out of the radio (the dot is the radio channel). Drag it to the star at the top of the circle on your screen. Exit the radio and talk to the wakened snorlax. But be careful. He’s going to want to fight you.

Tags:

Comments about “Pokemon Soulsilver”

1. Sciencedud says:

i need to know how to get to the 8 gym plz help me

2. Ridley XD says:

In poke’mon black, what is that black boat in the harbor at Castelia City?

3. Ridley XD says:

I CAUGHT KYUREN ON MY BLACK GAME WITH A REGULAR POKE’BALL ON MY FIRST TRY!!! I DIDN’T EVEN HAVE TO LOWER IT’S HP!!!!! 0_o

4. lostonly2battles99 says:

Pokemon black is totally awesome.And i beat N and Ghetsis today.

5. 3ds says:

I have better pokemon arceus lv 100 and getting ho-oh is so easy and i have mawto

6. lil' Munchie says:

How do you time travel w/ celebi?

7. jaxrox says:

I’ll get you celebi someday my tysploshin is a level 72 my luigea is a level 47

8. I says:

Rate my Pokemon:
    Dragonite Lv.87 -from 20
    Charizard Lv.97 -from 50
    Cacturne Lv.89 -from 33

9. Lud I. Colo. says:

Who here has gotten the celebi and actually used it to time travel?

10. megaman says:

Yes, you can get Ho-oh on Soulsilver but I think you must beat a certain amount of gym leaders to do it.

• silvergold13 says:

you don’t need to beat the kanto gyms, you just have to wake the snorlax and talk to an old guy in pewter city

11. lostonly2battles99 says:

yes i do

12. Gamemaster says:

The Gamemaster is in the house! I’ll help you on anything!

13. sevsra says:

you could only get him in an event and your way to late. that is if you dont use cheats. also after you get a hoen starter? i heard you have to trade a forretress or something.

• Comet says:

Sevsra, to get a Hoenn Starter you need to beat Red. To get to Red you need to go to the top of Mt.Silver. If a policeman is blocking you, beat all the gym leaders in Kanto, and then he should let you through. Red is the hardest person to beat in the game, so bring all of your most powerful pokemon. But you can meet Steven at the Silph CO. and if you give him a Fortress he’ll give you an Iron.:)

14. striker123 says:

u dont

15. lostonly2battles99 says:

never mind level 36 pupitar now please help me find a way to level it up

• Gamemaster says:

To level up a low level pokemon, take it to Mount Silver (If you have not gotten to Mt Silver yet, Victory road is also good), and have it the first one in your party. As soon as the battle starts, switch it out, and defeat the opposing pokemon. Both the low level, and the pokemon you switched out to will gain exp. If you don’t want to go to all this trouble, use an exp. share. I used this method with a Shinx my friend traded me, and it evolved into Luxio after, like, three battles.

16. BuddyEB says:

i need help finding brock the gym leder

17. lostonly2battles99 says:

easy way to level up level 20 something larvitar.

18. Hurricane1973 says:

Do you ever get to battle Red after the first time on Mt. Silver?

• torterra21 says:

I haven’t tried, so I’m not sure. However, I have heard that after you have beaten the Elite 4 after deafeating Red you can battle him again.

• green pigs says:

Red is so hard. He has all level 80’s, except for his pikachu, at level 90. After you beat him, you can go to professor oak and get a kanto starter, and if you returned the pokemon doll back to the girl in saffron city, you can go to silph co. and get a hoenn starter.

• Mrdementor1 says:

what girl, where and what Pokemon can you get? Always have a high level guy before even thinking about entering Kanto, anyway

• Galvantula says:

Actually, the “girl” is Steven Stone, the Former Champion of the Hoenn. After you get the Pass for the Magnet Train, defeat Red (In Mt. Silver, take the right path. To get Moltres, take the left path.) In the Silph Co. Building (In Saffron City), Steven will ask you to choose a Red Stone, Green Stone, or Blue Stone. If you choose the Red Stone, you get a Torchic. Green Stone for Treeko, and Blue Stone for Mudkip.

• striker123 says:

no not even with cheatcodes

• HeartGold says:

Yes you can but I would recommend against it because of how tough his pokemon are

• megaman says:

yes, after you beat kanto.

19. Hurricane1973 says:

How do you get Kyogre in Soul Silver?and what is Aquaziu?I looked it up in the online pokedex.

• torterra21 says:

Ha ha ha ha, Auquaziu. I believe he ment “Rayquaza”, not “Auquaziu”. You must trade, migrate or hack to get Kyogre in Soul Silver.

20. Hurricane1973 says:

How do you get slakoth to evolve into vigoroth ,and then into slaking?

21. speedshark1 says:

Do yo think I can beat Red? I have a lvl 100 ramparados, 30 entei, 76 palkia,70 ho-oh,30 suicune,49 feralighter

22. mega chris says:

if you catch grondon and koger you can catch aquaziu!

23. Hurricane1973 says:

I know that either Kyogre or Groudon is in Soul Silver I dont know which but could you tell me how to get the one in soul silver?Ive already gotten a charmander and beaten red.I cant find a ditto either and I want to breed legendaries.I dont care if you dont believe that it will work dont say “It wnt work”!Just tell me how to find one!!

• Comet says:

Groudon is in SoulSilver. You can catch it by getting a red stone from Mr.Pokemon. You can get a ditto on Route 34 and the Cerealean or how ever you spell it City. I’m not totally sure, but I don’t think that getting a ditto to breed Pokemon will work. I’ve tried it a few times myself, and dittos don’t really get along with other Pokemon. This is my personal opinion, but you can try it if you want.

• eagleorbust says:

comet:
        the ditto has to have a a compatible nature or whatever. but it’s easier if you trade one from another game.

• arceus says:

HEY ACTULLAY I BREED A POKEMON AND DITTO HATES THE POKEMON IN THE DAYCARE CENTER SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT WHAT YOU SAID IS NOT TRUE

• gengar says:

Ditto always works for me you need a simmilar level pokemon. you CANNOT breed legendarys

• pokemonkiller says:

I have already beaten the game an have every legendary and you cant breed legendaries.

• Comet says:

Hurricane1973, I just made a discovery. Other people might have already discovered this, but I just found out about it. In order to breed ledgendary pokemon, you need to find out what egg type it is. This is very difficult to do with ledgendary pokemon becaus according to my pokedex, it doesn’t show the ledgedary pokemons egg type. But I am willing to give you some suggestions if you want to breed some rare pokemon. Just list some rare pokemon you want to breed and I will give you some suggestions for breeding that pokemon.:)

24. Meganium63 says:

I don’t understand how to get entai or raikou. Everytime I walk without flying, they still move to other places in johto. What is the easiest way to obtainin them?

• Trainer Brandan says:

Well, you have to “hunt” them… The best thing to do is to go to a place where you can step one move and go to a route and back one step to the city… Every time you do this, the Pokemon moves. If you get lucky, when you step onto the route, the Pokemon will appear on that route.

• Omega Knight says:

I think I can explain it better, no offense. My suggestion is to go to New Bark Town. If you go on the path leaving the town, it should say that you’ve entered route sixteen or something. Then, look at your map. Entei and Raikou should appear on the map. If they’re not on the route you’re on, take one step back into the town. Then back on to the route. Keep opening up your map until Raikou or Entei appears on the route. Walk into the grass, if it’s a regular wild poke’mon, then they will flee. Hope this helps and sorry it took so long.

25. fast says:

you know when the dancers say met us at the whirl islands I cant find them anywhere!

26. super mario says:

there’s another event!

Ash’s Pikachu
    Starting January 30

This Pikachu’s based off of Pikachu in the movie Zoroark:Master of Illusion

27. latos31 says:

wloud i be able to defeat red with latos with folling moves?
    Zen headbutt
    luster purge
    Draco Metor
    Recover

28. arceus says:

is my team good? kingdra lv 98 rayquaza lv100 arceus lv 100 tyranitar lv95 feraligatrlv74 scizorlv97 note.all the pokemon in my team knows hyperbeam

29. Lucario says:

Okay guys, Im to change my name to Omega Knight, OKAY? So don’t get confused :(

30. gav the pokemon master says:

here are my favrite pokemon i have
    Arceus lv.100 tangrowth lv.79
    dewgong lv.100{iam not kidding}probopass lv.67
    duskinour lv.69 and others that i dont remember
    meganium lv. 62
    crobat lv.99
    rhyperior lv.88
    magnezone lv.78 BYE!

31. pokemon409 says:

where is the other gift that you get once you beat the kanto reigon besides the gb player? also, i cant catch entei or raikou, but i got suicune?

32. super mario says:

EVENT: there are 3 events going on starting on January 3rd at Gamestop. The dates and Pokemon are here!

Shiny Raikou: January 3rd-9th
    Shiny Entei: January 17th-23rd
    Shiny Suicune: January 31st-February 6th

These Pokemon are not shiny, but know moves they can’t normaly know and can give you a chance to unlock Zoroark in Black and White.

33. rockman says:

dude in heart gold i cant get to beat red even with a giratina lv 48
    sad right

34. 7up says:

But masterball works best

35. latos31 says:

tell me if i can beat red with this team
    73 blaziken
    72 mewtwo
    70 ho-oh
    62 lughi
    53 togakiss
    52 latos
    51 feragater

• torterra21 says:

Yup, I think you could beat Red If you tried hard enough.

• Comet says:

Your team looks really good! But I’m sorry, you can only use 6 Pokemon.

• pokefan says:

maybe, but you will need a load of revives, full restores and any other medicine imaginable. Try training all your pokemon to about 70–75 and you will most likely beat him. Red has the three full evolved kanto starters in their 80s, an 85 pikachu a lapras that is level 83 and some other pokemon i can’t remember probably in the mid to low 80s. Be careful-this guy means one thing: Buisness

• dracomaster6070 says:

That is a good team but you should drop the togakiss because it is weak to most of red’s pokemon and their moves

• zwf45 says:

Mabe a cupul reveves

36. Comet says:

Can you put cheat codes on your DS system and still be able to take them off?

• torterra21 says:

I don’t THINK so, but I have never used a Action Replay, so I’m not sure. However, Comet, this is your choice, but if I were you, I would never use a Action Replay. They are just little implements of destruction who hack into your games, unlock everything, then ruin the game and the fun for you. Seriously, don’t cheat.

• Comet says:

Thanks for the advice! I’ll think about what what you said.

• ThatOneGuy says:

Don’t forget about the bad egg. A bad egg is a egg that gets put into the game when you hack. It doesn’t have the green spots on it like a regular egg, and when hatched will crash the game and delete all save data. Hacking is NOT worth it.

• Typhlosion says:

Yes, you can. Just go into the menu, then settings, and toggle which ones you want.

P.S. I do not use an Action Repaly.

• Jace says:

The codes are only in effect when AR is there. Items and pokemon you obtained will still be there.

37. pokegamr says:

To get Ho-Oh in pokemon soulsilver get rainbow wing from man standing on ledge in pewter city after you beat lance.

38. oak says:

HOW DO YOU BEAT RED WITHOUT ARCUES?

• Comet says:

Who says you need Arceus? All you need are really well trained Pokemon.

• oak says:

where should i train my pokemon?

• torterra21 says:

Try the Elite 4, Mount Silver, or battle with your friends. I don’t like to brag, but I beat Red on my first try.

• goldendude says:

I agree, but if you feel you need to be lazy, use a lv 100 arceus

• Hurricane1973 says:

Battling over wi-fi or over wireless link with your friends may sharpen your skills on strategies ,and help you remember what type each pokemon is so you know which moves to use on it.But it does NOT level up your pokemon or give them any experience points.

• Hurricane1973 says:

The first time I tried (besides the times I had to do something so I couldn’t finish the battle) I also beat red on my first try with this team: Snorlax 53 (traveling pokemon)Feraligater54(traveling pokemon) Ho-oh 72 ,Lugia 54 ,Mew-two 71 ,Dragonite 53.But I just used over thirty revives.For his last pokemon,Charizard, I just revived Ho-oh when Charizard had a little hp left from using Fire blitz.Ho-oh was my last pokemon so Red didn’t use any full heals.red is actually somewhat easy.

P.S I used over 30 revives!

• piplub says:

i beat red with mt tyholoion and ho oh and my lugia

39. pokemonlover1000 says:

wich cave do u use to catch lugia

40. pokemonlover1000 says:

how do you get past the dark cave? please help me.

• torterra21 says:

I can’t post a walkthrough here, however, I’ll give you a hint: Try entering from Blackthorn City and heading southwest. If you use Flash, you can see better. PS: There’s a man on an island who gives you a King’s Rock, witch boosts a move’s chance of making the foe flinch.

• Hurricane1973 says:

You can go to Goldenrod City ,go into the supermarket place and buy Flash.

41. pokemonlover1000 says:

Where do you find arceus in soulsilver version without cheating and without wifi connection?

• torterra21 says:

Since Arceus is a Sinnoh Ledgendary and not a Johto or Kanto Ledgendary, it cannot be found in Heartgold/Soulsilver (without horrible, stupid cheats of course) and cannot be recieved over Wi-Fi (for the time being). So as far as I know, you will have to transfer over from Sinnoh.

• Jace says:

You can get some sinnoh legendaries on this game without trading or hacking. But to get Arceus, you have to trade, do Mystery Gift, or hack.

• goldendude says:

almost impossible unless…. trade diamond arceus evnt over to your game go to alph ruins go to the exploration shack/house the leader will come out, ill let you have the suprise hint: legendary pokemon alert when you go with him

42. nate says:

CAN ANYONE HELP ME I SO WANT TO CACH DARKRIKRA p.s HOW DO YOU GET THE RED ORD!(sorry for the bad spelling)

• Lucario says:

Well, first off, there is no way you can get darkrai without cheats or trades. The red orb cannot be obtained in heartgold, but if it’s for soulsilver, you can get it after you gain access to the kanto region. Then , Profess oak will call you at one point in the game and tell you he has something to give you. Then just head on over to pallet town.

• zwf45 says:

If you have soulsilver go to clifecave surf to the laige wear you have to use rockclime go up it and walk in the cave walk out fly to MR.pokemon’s house he’ll give you the red orb fly back to the cave weth the piener in front walk in the cave grodon shuld be sdaning thaer enjoy! :>

43. i beat most of the game says:

i have a
    level 75 feraligator [starter],
    level 59 lugia,
    level 52 articuno[not on cheats],
    level 51 dragonair,
    level 15 mew [don't laugh, i got it a month ago and don't use it],
    level 23 gastly [i got it about a week ago].
    those are my party Pokemon.
    i also have many more Pokemon like a ditto and golduck.

44. Darklugia7 says:

These are my legendaries in Pokemon Diamond, Platinum, and Soulsilver. I have Mew level 10, Arceus level 100, 2 Giratinas level 30 and level 61, Dialga level 58, Mewtwo level 70, Articuno level 58, Lugia level 68, and Moltres level 51. I have probably forgot a few, though.

45. Poke` Dude says:

Hey any body know how to defeat Red—BECAUSE I CAN’T:( — Also does any body know any chaeats for -Pokemon:Soul Silver- without an Action Replay??

• torterra21 says:

There is no secret to beating Red, however, using type advantages really help. A
      nd no, there are no cheats without a hack
      ing device. DON’T CHEAT!!!!!

46. mew22 says:

wich cave do u use to catch lugia

• supra says:

once you have the silver wing go to the whirl islands
      lugia is in the top right cave

• world-traveling Pokemon Master says:

You need to start at the top right cave from the Olivine direction. Although you have to beat the Elite Four and get to Pewter City and obtain Silver wing and Tital Bell which are required.
      PS. I really do live in Italy from the US :)

• piplub says:

i need help i have no clue on how to get the genartaro i looked in cerulean gym but i cant find it HELP ME

47. eagle1 says:

testing…testing…one, two, three…

hello, does anyone know where I can get a pikachu?

PS, does anyone have pokemon ranger guardian signs? If so, how do you like it?

• torterra21 says:

The only way to find a Pikachu is to look around the grass in Viridian Forest, Kanto. I do happen to have Poke’mon Ranger: Guardian Signs and I love it. It’s amazing!

• Darklugia7 says:

It’s awesome.

• COOLmon says:

Eagle1 I also have Pokemon Ranger:Gaurdian Sings.It’s awesome, you can even play missons on WI-FI and after you complete them you can transfer a pokemon (Each one represents one spefic pokemon like “Save Shaymin”somthing like that.) and transfer to
      Soul Sliver,even though I have Heart Gold.

• pokefan says:

you can catch a picachu in virdian forest but there kind of rare so good luck

p.s.
      i have ranger guardian signs and its awesome! i recommend it to you

• lazerdude says:

Its’s fun!

• Lucario says:

If your coming from the south end of Viridian Forest, pikachu will mostly be at the end of the forest.

• Jace says:

My brother, Ranger B, loves this game! We have downloaded special missions and tranfered pokemon. Rander B now has 2 heatrans, 2 shaymins, and a Manaphy he hatched on Diamond.

48. eagle1 says:

I’m stuck on elite 4 Karen, please help…What is your favorite Pokemon?

• torterra21 says:

Actually, I didn’t have much trouble with her. My Ampharos’s Signal Beam and Thunder swept through her pretty quickly. As for my favorite Poke’mon, it would have to be Pikachu.

• Comet says:

Karen uses Ghost-type so if I were you I would use either a rock type of or a dark type. A weaville is a good suggestion for beating Karen and Lance. My favorite pokemon are Typhlosion, Lapras, Togekiss, Mightyena, Gallade, and Luxray. There are all my party pokemon!

• Hurricane1973 says:

My favorite pokemon is Ho-oh/Darkrai/Slaking

49. torterra21 says:

Rate my Poke’mon:

Meganium lv 66 (starter)
    Ampharos lv 60 (from lv 11)
    Snolax lv 61 (from lv 50)
    Feraligator lv 62 (from lv 3)
    Typlosion lv 60 (from lv 9)
    Mew lv 64 (from lv 5)

I hope you like it! Please rate! :)

50. torterra21 says:

Rate my Poke’mon:

Meganium lv 66 (starter)
    Ampharos lv 60 (from lv 11)
    Snolax lv 61 (from lv 50)

Write a comment about “Pokemon Soulsilver”

Nickname: