Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

How do I defeat Bonetail (at the bottom to the Rogueport Pit of 100 Trials), and what badges will I need?

Games Guru: I’d love to give you the goods, but this one is very complicated. This video might help, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdYo0IZTeX4

How do you beat Bowser?

Games Guru: It’s really hard to beat Bowser. First, attack Kammy. Once Kammy is down, try hitting Bowser with Power Smash and other powerful attacks. Remember to guard against Bowser’s attacks with the A button on your controller. Try Vivian’s Fiery Jinx and Bobbery’s Bobomblast, too.

Can you give me some secret codes?

Games Guru: There are all kinds of little tricks that work some of the time with this game. For instance, when enemies attack you, if you perform an FP-using attack as they hit you and you get first strike, Mario will perform that attack on the battle screen without you using FP.

There is a persistent mole just left of the village on Keehaul Key. Whack him and he will give you a valuable bump. Leave and come right back and he will appear again. You can repeat this several times until the mole runs out of bumps and goes away. You can sell those bumps for 50 coins each.

501 Comments on Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

1. Hook tail man // April 18, 2013 at 8:11 am // Reply

I love fighting the 3 dragons they are awesome.
    This is the best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. papermariowithstickers // April 7, 2013 at 10:00 am // Reply

I AM STUCK IN A TREE, WITH 2 HEALTH , TRYING TO BEAT A GIANT ROBOT !!!!!! >:( >:( IF SOMEONE CAN HELP I WILL BE LIKE THIS :):):)::):)):):):> :< :D:D:J)

3. maybe you needed to play super mARIO2.

4. I love this game by the way.

5. I need the cheets for super paper mario (for wii) and paper mario:sticker star (3ds) and when is sticker star comming i also want animal crossing 3d

6. I love cars // July 5, 2012 at 5:20 pm // Reply

1. is this a good game?
    2. is this game for the DS, 3DS or Wii?

– I Love Cars

• Bowser 3000 // July 7, 2012 at 7:39 pm // Reply

@I Love Cars:
      1. The game is very good
      2. None of the above. It is for GameCube. However, it will play on Wii.

7. HOW DO YOU GET THE L EMBLEM? I HAVE THE W ONE.

8. mariowithamushroom // March 24, 2012 at 6:49 pm // Reply

Goombella is very annoying!

9. I beat the bontail with 1 Hp left.

10. 1.i cant beat shadow queen. 2.i had no idea there was a pit of 100 trails in this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• first you go to te room with the thousand year door in it turn side ways throgh the first fence,jump on the trampoline thing and go on to the platform and turn in to the paper airplane,go across,i the door on the other side then down the tube.

11. Ultimate Kuja IX // October 9, 2011 at 5:30 pm // Reply

Best RPG ever!!! Ties with Final Fantasy IX!

12. Some random guy // August 23, 2011 at 9:01 am // Reply

Ive almost got everything all partners even the secret one almost all star pieces almost all partner upgrades and almost all badges and ive beat every dungeon including pit of 100 trials

13. ConfusedChild01 // June 16, 2011 at 10:14 am // Reply

I beat the game 5 times

14. After you get the thin ability, go back to that place with the cages. the green badge is there and to get it, use the thin ability.
    Need help on any part to before the grodus/bowser battle? Say WEIRD!

15. hey weirdo wheres the cricket thing my friend needs to no

16. when the second form he will be tapping his bones. ewwww right?? :(

17. When Cortez dies he will return to a new form!

18. nonyabuiznees(; // March 23, 2011 at 5:56 pm // Reply

i cant pass chapter 1. what might i be doing rong??????? please…. :)

19. Cortez holds swords the third time is the most dangerous the swords in the air!!!!!!!

20. After you get the super hammer go to creepy sleepy hit the boos twice. Then you fight the amic boo!!!!!!!

21. in creepy scleepy doopliss atack is 4 in chapter 8 it is eight!!!!!!!

22. danger!!!!!!!!! in the pit of 100 trials ther are no heart blocks!!!

23. danger do not fall in the water you lose lifes by 1!!!!!!!!

24. i do not know why hammer bros koopatrols and mikikoopas are in reguport seuers

25. the riddles are hard in chapter 8 but good thing i pass it

26. in the glits pit building rawk hawk was easy

27. i do not know why gloomtail has more lives then hooktail .

28. i cannot beat the shadow sirens

29. how do you get 2 level 50 for the bombomb’s trouble “Erase that grafiti”?

• Halaswisscheese // March 4, 2011 at 4:18 pm // Reply

You need to go the pit of 100 trials. I dont remember how you erase the grafiti but it shouldn’t be hard to figure out. I suggest being on a high level for this (>20) You will know once you get to level 50. P.S. Dont use the guy who teleports you down levels if you are going to miss level 50!!! (Duh)

30. Halaswisscheese // February 21, 2011 at 3:01 pm // Reply

SECRET PARTNER ALERT!!!
    Go to the place where you help people and get money. Accept the one from ???. You have to find a badge. (To find it, go to where you fought hooktail and use Flurry to blow away a secret wall in the center of the room). After going back, Mrs. Mounz joins your team!!
    P.S. She isnt very good at fighting but… by pressing X on your controller, she will SNIFF OUT ITEMS and TELL YOU WHEN THEY ARE NEARBY!!!

• Ms. Mowz not very useful in battle? Her normal attack ignores defense, so it’s really good against enemies that have defense.

31. Halaswisscheese // February 21, 2011 at 2:55 pm // Reply

SECRET BOSS ALERT!!!
    Go to the pit of 100 trials with a lot of ultra and jelly shroms. Get to the last trial and you face BONETAIL, Hooktail’s and Goomtail’s brother. Make sure to have the badge where you cant get posioned or frozen. After beeting him, you get a SUPER BEAST BADGE!!!!!
    P.S. If you are in the middle of the trials and your mom makes you stop playing, pause your game and turn of your TV, NOT YOUR GAMECUBE!! (Duh)

32. Halaswisscheese // February 10, 2011 at 8:22 pm // Reply

EASY LEVEL UP ALERT!!!
    Go to the twilight town and then into the woods. Fight all of the dayzee flower things. When you come across a GOLDEN one, use your best move to kill it. You get 30+ star points each time!

SECRET BOSS ALERT!!! Go to the CREPPY STEEPLE where all of the boos are. Let them latch on to you and them hit them with your super/ultra hammer. Do this twice and you face ATOMIC BOO!

33. I beat the Shadow Queen with 1 Hp left.

34. how do I beat Lord Crump second robot because I was so close to knocking him out but his X-punch took me out.

35. Hey everybody I’m back! Ask me almost anything and I can answer it!

36. ask me anything except about grodus, bowser, shadow queen, or bonetail (final bosses)

37. What happens when u do all the troubles in the trouble center? ps icant finish the one about the chef in the train!!! (cant find the golden leaf from creepy steeple) plz help!

• @icyflame: theres a little hole in creepy steeple that you become thin and just walk through and it should take you to a tree that has the said leaf.

38. Hello all I am back and ready to answer more questions fire away.

39. I haven’t posted in a while. I beat the game three times over. EASY.

40. ranger danger // August 10, 2010 at 11:13 am // Reply

what do thouse 7stars on the wall mean im confused please help

41. Halaswisscheese // August 7, 2010 at 12:03 pm // Reply

here is a good tip: equip this badges jumpman, power plus, power plus and power plus, spike shield and all or nothing. your jump will be able to do a ton of damage!

42. In Thwonk Fortress, in the sewers when you are facing the gold fuzzy, use the badge power bounce to repetedly hit it. Beating the gold fuzzy will win you the battle more easily. I had to restart the game, so I’ll be posting about earlier stuff.

43. Champion5 // July 6, 2010 at 7:48 pm // Reply

Sorry I didn’t finish the last comment, but here’s the rest of it. After you open the chest you’ll find a badge. Go back to town and go to the inn (not the one in the Koopa village). Go up to your room and you will see a door on the far left. go through it and you’ll see the badge shop. Keep going left and you’ll see Ms. Mouz. She will ask you if she can join your team. She has a move that steals opponents’ items so accept. That’s all folks!

44. I’m back! Sorry about not posting new secrets lately, but I have a good one now. Check the help center often. Eventually a message will come up from ???. Accept it. Next, go to Hooktail Castle, and go to where you defeated Hooktail. Use the partner who blows wind and blow in the center of the room. you will find a chest, and open it.

45. paper mario dude // July 4, 2010 at 3:26 pm // Reply

to beat the shadow queen use vivian and you should at least have 70 hp and 50 fp

46. I can’t beat the leader of the X-Nauts.

47. I BEAT THE SHADOW QUEEN FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! ……….ON MY 1ST TRY! [I only got 1 star point, though I wasn’t Danger Mario]. :[

48. You have to explore the station for the elevator key.

49. blahblahblah // June 23, 2010 at 1:44 pm // Reply

can sumone help me at riverside station? i cannot figure out what to do.

• You’re in luck! Just go inside the building in front of you, then go open the door to your right! Then go roll under the jail, hit the switch, go upstairs, get the key go back then go futher to the right locked door.

1 7 8 9 10