Games Guru

Pokemon FireRed

When you go to one of the islands of the rainbow pass, there is a steel door with some codes. How can I open it? Also, how do you know the second password for team rocket hide in the rainbow islands?

Games Guru: You get the second password by beating the Rocket member in the cave on Island 4.

Mr. Games Guru, I’ve been trying to get the ruby so I can get to 4 Island. I’ve beaten the Pokemon League in under a week of having the game, so what more do I have to do?

Games Guru: Are you asking what do you need to do to get the ruby? It’s on Island One. If you are asking what is left to do in the game, there is plenty to do. That’s the good news; the bad news is that you can no longer catch ‘em all as some of the rarer Pokemon can only be had by attending Nintendo events and downloading them.

I am in Celadon City. I found the rocket’s secret hideout and I have the elevator key. The problem is that I don’t know where the elevator is, and every other important building is blocked by a rocket guy. Please help me.

Games Guru: The elevator is in the lower right-hand area of the floor. If you check second floor, you should be able to board once you have the key.

Who do I talk to to get the password for rocketbase?

Games Guru: We are talking about the underground lair in the game corner, right? Have you looked behind the poster and found the not-so-hidden door? We will assume you have and that you have gone downstairs. If you go to the fourth floor (B4F), you will find a lift key that will enable you to get to any floor. That should get you anywhere you want to go in the Rocket’s lair.

Where do I find the key in the Pokemon mansion?

Games Guru: In the basement, back room to the left.

How do you get to the other side of seaform island cave?

Games Guru: As you explore the cave, you will find an item ball containing the HM Waterfall. Teach this to one of your Pokemon, then ride the waterfall down. That should take you to where you need to go.

How do you get the pre-evolution of quagsire?

Games Guru: Do you mean a wooper? You can find them surfing around Island 4, try using your Good Rod.

Can you trade Pokemon from Silver or Crystal version to FireRed?

Games Guru: If you are using the wireless controller that came with the game, the answer is no. The wireless only works with LeafGreen and FireRed. As I understand it, these games do not recognize the link cable.

I’ve already caught the three legendary birds and Mewtwo, so I was wondering about Raikou, Enfei and Suicune.

Games Guru: If you started with Squirtle, you can find Raikoa. There is an Entei in the game if you started with Bulbasaur. And, if you started with Charmander, Suicune awaits. They are hard to track down. They start moving around the countryside once you defeat the Elite 4.

How do you clone items?

Games Guru: I do not know anything about cloning in this game. Sorry.

After giving ruby & sapphire to Ceilo and beating Elite 4, what should I do? Can you help me please … and tell me about wireless connection?

Games Guru: Ah yes, all of the answers you seek are combined in one. You see, once you have given the Ruby and the Sapphire, you open the wireless, which allows you to trade Pokemon with Pokemon Sapphire and Pokemon Ruby cartridges. It also enables you to connect to Pokemon Coliseum.

I’ve beaten all the trainers and Elite 4. Now I need to find the password for Team Rocket warehouse and the cave with the guy blocking the way, saying strong Pokemon in here.

Games Guru: You need two “secret codes” to open the warehouse. You will find one password on six islands and the other password on seven island.

How do you beat Rocket Warehouse?

Games Guru: I think what you are asking is how do you know which teleportation tiles to step on to go around the Team Rocket base hidden beneath the casino in Celadon City. Is that correct? If so, here goes: Step on the T tile just in the front and that will send you to basement 2. Head left and find your way through the big maze. This will let you out in the lower southern half of the floor where you will find a tile. Step on that tile. This will take you into a sealed area on the first floor of the basement. Grab the stuff and head back the way you came, then find your way back through the maze and teleport back. Find your way back through the maze and take the T tile you skipped before entering the maze. This tile takes you to a maze on the third floor and yet another maze. Find your way through that maze, take the T tile. Make sure to pick up every item and interact with any interactable items. If you have done so, you should be able to go back to the elevators on the first or second floor and ride the elevator up to the fourth for your battle with the boss.

Where do you catch a Rayquaza?

Games Guru: Rayquaza is on the sixth floor of Sky Pillar. Better sharpen your biking skills. Getting to that sixth floor is no easy feat.

When I use the wireless adapter to select mystery gift, I don’t see wonder gift. My friend says if you select the wonder gift, you can have the ticket in the game. The only things I see are wonder cards and news, but it didn’t work when I selected one of them.

Games Guru: Have you gone into a Pokemart and typed “Link Together With All” on the clipboard?

I have strong Pokemon, but I’m in the powerplant fighting Zapdos. I got him almost down to no health but just enough to keep him alive, and I’m not fighting him anymore and I want to catch him. I had 42 ultra balls and 4 great balls, but now I’m down to 14 ultra balls. Is there any other way I can catch zapdos without wasting that many ultra balls?

Games Guru: You know what? There is no sure-fire way to catch Zapdos unless you waste your master ball, and you do not want to do that. I have caught him in this level several times, and I find that it is really a matter of luck. I will say that I have caught him with good old standard Pokeballs generally, but the other sometimes work as well. I have caught him on the fifth try and I have caught him on the fiftieth. What I am saying is: try and try again. Save right before you launch your attack, make sure to paralyze Zaptos, then go to work. If you run out of ultra balls or it is getting too expensive, turn off your game and start again. As long as you saved right before you attacked, the only things it will cost you are your time and your sanity.

Where and how do you get cut?

Games Guru: Speak with the seasick captain of the S.S. Anne.

Got any codes? I need to know quick!

Games Guru: You know, I don’t know if Nintendo has ever put codes in the Pokemon games. As far as I know, everything is based on unlockables that you open only by winning badges and various competitions… oh, and through exploration.

How do you get more than one Master Ball in with a code or something, please?

Games Guru: As far as I know, there is only one Master Ball, the one you are given as a gift. Use it wisely.

How do I get surf?

Games Guru: You receive HMO3, Surf, in a small house in the Safari Zone. All you need to do is enter the house and talk to the guy.

I’m stuck in the ice cave that leads to the eighth level. Please help me out!

Games Guru: Pokemon FireRed is one of those games that never seems to end. You beat the Elite Four and think the game is over only to discover that the islands and many of the best Pokemon are yet to come. And in all of that, you run into the Ice Cave—and more of Team Rocket.

Go into the cave, then surf across to the door. Go through the door and you’ll find patches of ice that crack when you step on them and break if you step on them a second time. The trick here is to plan your path so you never need to step back again. Get to the top of the ice. You will find a ladder up here. Step on the ladder, then back on the ice and you’ll drop down one floor.

Now head down and to the right. This will take you to a ladder and back up. The trick in this area is to target your falls. Your path along the lower floor will be blocked by rocks. If you go up one floor, you’ll be able to move past these barriers and drop back down.

Give it a try. Oh, and be sure to have a water Pokemon with you—one that can swim up waterfalls. (Just a suggestion.)

Where do you go after defeating the Elite Four?

Games Guru: Give the islands a try. Go to Cinnibar and look for Bill and the laboratory.

How do you get in that cave on Cerulean Cave?

Games Guru: Go north and left of Cerulean City and you’ll find a waterway. Surf it down and to the west and you will see a cave.

After you beat the Elite Four, how do you get to island four, five, six and so on?

Games Guru: Once you beat the Elite Four, return to island one, then surf north and enter Moltres Mountain. You will find new enemies to fight and new side quests to take on.

I cannot find the area of the Pokemon Vulpix and Krabby. Can you please tell me which town, route or building they are in?

Games Guru: Vulpix is available only in LeafGreen. To get a Vulpix, you’re going to need to trade with a LeafGreen owner. For a Krabby, try using the Good Rod in the waters around Pallet Town.

Tags:

Comments about “Pokemon FireRed”

1. arcanine123 says:

hi froggy 16

my pokemon are dragonair (35), lapras (38), blastoise (44), aerodactyl (35), pidgeot (38), arcanine (42) and iv just done the 8th badge could you plz rate my team 1 – 10 thanx :)

• froggy16 says:

At first glance I love your team and would give it a 9/10 for creative pokemon. But, your team isn’t perfect for the elite four, although not bad. First off your pokemons levels are far to low to beat the elite four I would suggest level 55 to be safe and so you can have dragonite. But I am impressed that they are relatively close together (meaning you trained all of them). The only major change I would make is since you have aerodactyl, take out pidgeot and have an electric pokemon instead. Oh and make sure your aerodactyl knows earthquake, ancient power, fly, and a move of your choice and that lapras and blastoise both know ice moves. Dragonite is a very strong and versitile pokemon, teach it some good moves for back up your other pokemon. If you do all of these things you will have a great team.

2. fire red noob says:

could sumone help me ummm yea everyones saying to get the ruby and sapphire you have to compleate the natinonal pokedex but how can u do that with out mew2

3. village idiot says:

This question goes to froggy16 since hes the one that answers all the questions. i was wondering what can you do with the coliseum on the gamecube and the fire red cartridge?

• froggy16 says:

I know on the old games you could buy something that would make it so you can play them on the Nintendo 64, I am pretty sure you can do the same with Fire Red on the Gamecube but I have never done it. I think that is what you were asking, if not please reword your question.

4. village idiot says:

i walked around island 4 twenty times and and pressed start and select and all i found was two off- colored pokemon. i figured it was a glitch so i killed them mercilessly then turned off my game boy. my favorite pokemon is a dunsparce because it is weak and useless.

• froggy16 says:

I have never heard of that glitch but if you ever find strange colored pokemon than catch them, they are called shiny pokemon and the odds of finding them are 1 in 8192.

5. yoyoyo says:

Froggy16 I neeed ur help in silph co before you get to the boss how do you get to the boss like which level and panel

• froggy16 says:

You will need to find the Key card first, go to the 5th floor, go left and down all the way until you see a warp square. Step on it, and it’ll take you to the 9th floor. Step back on it, and you’ll return to where you were. Go to the right, and you will find the Card Key. Then go to Level 3, go down and you will see a door n your left and when on your right. Unlock the one on your right anb take the first pad. You will have to battle Gary. Then take the next pad and you will be on the floor with Giovani.

6. Champion3 says:

Dear froggy16 and Salamance101,
    CanI please help you guys? I can help you with Emerald,Pearl, Shadows of Almia, Mystery Dungeon Darkness, and Firered. Can I please help you answer questions?

• froggy16 says:

I can’t speak for Salamence101 but I know we can always use more people to help. The first four games you listed we really need people to answer questions on so I am sure you can do a lot on them. Salamence101 and I both know a lot about Fire Red but I think you could still help out some.

• yoyoyo says:

I’m on leaf green but I’m sure they are the same I’m pretty far behind but on the silph co how do you get to the boss?

• Salamence101 says:

We have no one to take mystery dungeon so i guess you can get in.

7. darkpokemon88 says:

my team for the ss anne
    golem lvl 25 rock tomb, maintude, selfdestruct, megapunch
    warturtle lv26 waterpulse, bite, rapidspin, withdraw
    RATE MY TEAM FROM 1 TO 5

• froggy16 says:

You should have 6 pokemon, at least 5 by now. So I am going to have you give you a 2 out of 5, because at least you are training two pokemon.

8. squiddy says:

dear all
    i have gotten the ruby before and have somehow forgotten how to. I know it has to do with celio and team rocket on one island. I have talked multiple times already yet nothing has happened.
    Please help

• froggy16 says:

Before you talk to Celio you must catch 60 pokemon and get the national pokedex from proffesor Oak. Then talk to Celio, and then the rocketst at Mt. Ember will battle you.

• Salamence101 says:

Make sure you have the national dex. Recieve the mission from Celio. Then go to 1 island and battle the Rocket Grunts guarding the entrance to the cave on the mountain. Go through the cave and you will find the Ruby.

9. Salamence101 says:

I can take this page, don’t worry. :)

• froggy16 says:

Ok, if you forget I will start answering questions after 5 days, (10 was to long last time). Oh a little tip for fire red, people will want to know how to get the ruby and sapphire A LOT. Make sure to be VERY clear that before you can get the ruby you have to get the national pokedex, and before you can get the sapphire you have to save Lorrile. No one remembers these things and guides forget to mention it sometimes.

10. freakyguy123 says:

what happens when you fill the pokedexs

11. pokefreak6464 says:

I know this is completely off subject, but i got the think & grin patch! oh, and i also got my mewtwo to learn shadow ball, i finally found the right TM!

12. charizard 41 says:

i cant find what you do after beating the pokemon league? how do you trigger celio to ask you to get the saphire, he won’t ask me. please help!

13. HUH? says:

i just got my game used and i have a question. the person who had my game first had a charizard level 100 but it was all black. what does that mean? is it a glitch? i thought charizards were supposed to be orange. plz answer ASAP. i am going crazy.

• froggy16 says:

He probably use cheats to get a shiny charizard. See 1 in 8192 pokemon are shiny which means their color is different and stars appear when you send them out. Charizard just happens to be black.

14. Pokemaniac says:

Does any one know the secret to altering cave ?!?!?!?!?! All the game guides I find says there is something special about it but i can’t figure it out cause they wont say!!!!!!

15. froggy16 says:

You know what, unless the person that is suppose to do this page comes back I will answer questions…I am tired of waiting…

16. FireRed says:

how do u find mewtwo in the cerulan cave?? i just got in, where do i go? can somebody point me in the right direction plz???
    thank u!

• froggy16 says:

When you enter pass the first ladder and surf around untill you hit land. Then pass three more ladders and the nugget, full restore, and max elixir untill you reach a ladder that you have to walk down some steps and them up some to get to. Then wind your away around untill you find the next down ladder (don’t use rock smash, it will prevent you from hitting dead ends). Then take the next ladder up (should be right next to it) and you will be on the level with mewtwo on it, from there you can find your way.

17. FireRed says:

everyone:
    where is mewtwo? i am in the cerulean cave right now, and i cannot find him

• Salamence101 says:

It’s a little too complicated for me to explain, just try every ladder in every room. Maybe find an internet guide or something.

18. al says:

you go to 4 island and walk around it 20 times then press select and start 2 times

19. FireRed says:

How do you get the second saphhire?!?1?!?!?!?!?!?!/!?!?!?!?!?!?1?!
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• froggy16 says:

I aploigize, I keep hoping the person that is suppose to answer your questions will. First save Lorrile from icefall cave on island 4. Then go to the dotted hole on island 6 and use cut to get in. Take the first hole, north hole, west hole, east hole, south hole. You will get the sapphire but it will be stolen from you. Go to the rocket warehouse on island 5 to get it back.

20. confused says:

i put in LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL and it still says mystery car and news i really dont get this

21. dark charzard says:

everyone,
    who is your favorite pokemon?
    POLL ends 1-1-10

22. Anonymous says:

how to do you get mew in the game

23. Anonymous says:

how do you get to the ninth island

24. froggy16 says:

To PMONFREAK,
    Sorry this isn’t my page so I had to wait 10 days. To get into Cerulean Cave you must beat the elite four, catch 60 pokemon and get the national pokedex, and give Celio the ruby and sapphire. Inside you will find mewtwo.

• FireRed says:

How do you get the saphhire! How do you get the second password for the team rocket base in the Rainbow islannds????? plz help!!!

25. FireRed says:

To Everybody:
    How do you get the second password for the Rocket bade in the Rainbow Islands? Please help. Thank You!

26. Anonymous says:

Mewtwo is in the cerulean cave he is at lv70 i think

27. froggy16 says:

To pokemonfan123,
    Sorry, I am not assigned to answer questions on this page so I had to wait 10 days. You will find entie at random for the first time. It can appear on any route on mainland Kanto so try searching in the grasses. After you see it once you can track it with the area feature of your pokedex.

28. FireRed says:

To Everyone:
    What is your favorite game? Put your answers on the platinum page. Poll ends on 12/31/09.
    Thanks.

29. pmon says:

hello
    how do you get into cerulean cave

30. dracometeor90 says:

Pokefreak6464,yes!

31. PMONFREAK says:

HOW DO YOU GET INTO THE CERUIEON CAVE?

32. QWERTY says:

My party:
    Charzard lv.98
    Dragonnite lv.85
    Artacono lv.89
    Mewtwo lv.100
    Steelix lv.99
    Umbreon lv.76

33. QWERTY says:

To smileyface005, trade your charzard to an other game, then when you beat the ground gym leader, Geovony, trade him back.

34. gamesboy says:

To Hi:
    There is a way to catch pokemon every single time. You throw a master ball, but you only get one. What you could do is to buy leafgreen and then get the masterball in firered, then give it to a pokemon and trade it into LeafGreen, then start a new game, get the master ball again, and get the otherone from leafgreen, so you have two!

35. gamesboy says:

To Everybody:
    How do u get Mewtwo in FireRed Version? Also, how do you get into Cerulean Cave? Thanks!

36. pokemonfan123 says:

To anyone help! how do you get entei to appear in the wild

37. pokemonfan123 says:

HELP! i need to know how to get Entei i did start with bulbasaur and beat the elite 4 caught Venusaur, Zapdoes, Moltrase,Articuno, and Mew2. Hear are there lv. Moltrase lv. 61 Venusaur lv. 57 Zapdoes lv.66 Articuno lv.52 Mew2 lv. 70

38. kool aid dude says:

To everyone:
    To get a Black Belt, you must:
    1.Go to 1 Island
    2.Go to Kindle Rd.
    3.On the way to Mt. Ember,you will see some karate guys walking back and forth. If you have fought them, use the Vs. seeker. If not… You know what.
    4. Use Covet or Thief on either pokemon.
    5. you will get a black belt.

39. kool aid dude says:

I have a Charizard lvl 100 and Snorlax lvl 98.

40. QWERTY says:

If you can get Mewtwo to level 100 he will regenerate health.

41. poke master says:

i have fire red too

42. froggy16 says:

To smileyface005,
    What kind of mistakes, maybe I can help? You could always buy leaf green version and trade over your charizard, or just play leaf green and don’t make the same mistakes.

43. froggy16 says:

To pokefreak6464,
    Well I have only beaten the elite four once because I got bored playing it after I caught as many pokemon as you can without traiding. His pokemon if you started with Charmander are Heracross level 72, Alakazam level 73, Tyranitar level 73, Exeggutor level 73, Arcanine level 73, and Blastoise level 75. Once you get the national pokedex Suicune will appear in the grasses of the mainland Kanto, not on the islands. Your first encounter could be anywhere and it is based on luck. After that you can track it with the area feature of your pokedex.

44. pokefreak6464 says:

my team:
    Mewtwo level 74
    Charizard level 78
    Kadabra level 69
    Arbock level 68
    Zapdos level 67
    Electrode level 65

45. smileyface005 says:

I am really considering starting my firered game over… I have made SOOO many mistakes… but I don’t want to because I hace a level 97 Charizard! PLZ HELP!!!

46. pokefreak6464 says:

to kool aid dude and froggy16,
    i began with charmander so i know suicune is in my game, but how do you make him appear in the wild? do you have to talk to him somewhere so he will start running around? is he in kanto or the islands? please help.

47. pokefreak6464 says:

to froggy16,
    how many times have you entered the hall of fame? And do you know what pokemon the champion has the second time you fight him? Please tell me the answer to both questions.

48. kool aid dude says:

To get Mushrooms:
    1. Teach a pokemon Thief or Covet.
    2. Go to Cereleun Cave.
    3. Look for Parasects.
    4. Use Covet or Thief on it.
    5. The Parasect will give you a Big or Little Mushroom.
    P.S. It may also work on Paras in Mt. Moon.
    Q. What do you do with them?
    A. Give them to the Move Maniac on Two Island next to the Game Center. He will teach a pokemon a move of your choice.

49. kool aid dude says:

Suicune always flees, so put Wobuffet or Diglett that has a special ability of Shadow tag or arena Trap. If you don’t have one, teach a pokemon Block.

50. kool aid dude says:

To everyone: To get Mewtwo, get to the far end of Cereleun Cave. There are level 40-60 pokemon in that cave and Mewtwo is level 70, I think.

Write a comment about “Pokemon FireRed”

Nickname: