Games Guru

Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen

I am having big, I mean BIG, trouble catching Deoxy, Jirachi, Mew, Celib, Lugia and Hoho. Please help me!

Games Guru: For Deoxy, Mew and Lugia, you needed to go to a Nintendo event or Pokemon Center at a time when they were offering the Pokemon over wireless. Jirachi can be obtained from the bonus disc that comes with Pokemon Coliseum.

Where do I catch Mew?

Games Guru: Ah, Mew. Mew and Celebi are not in FireRed or LeafGreen. Sorry.

Can I catch any of the starter Pokemon as wild Pokemon, or can I only receive them from Professor Oak?

Games Guru: The only way to collect more than one of the starter Pokemon is to trade for them.

I can’t find any slowpoke. Can you tell me where I can catch it?

Games Guru: They are pretty common if you go fishing for them in LeafGreen. Check around the ice caves.

Where do you find Mewtwo?

Games Guru: Finding Mewtwo is a matter of time and location. Mewtwo is in the back of a cave a bit to the north and west of the town of Cerulean. To get to the cave, head north out of Cerulean and cross the bridge, then go west and hop in the river. The river will lead you to the mouth of the cave.

Before you can enter the cave, however, you will need to beat the Elite Four and more. You will need to explore the islands to the south and help the people on those islands solve a certain computer problem.

Does Venusaur beat the elite four in Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen?

Games Guru: Venusaur is a great Pokemon, but you’re in for some trouble if you try to beat the Elite Four with just one Pokemon. Lance, the fourth member of the Elite Four, specializes in dragon Pokemon. His fire beasts will make short work of a lone Venusaur.

Tags:

Comments about “Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen”

1. froggy16 says:

To pokekid,
    By the way, I checked, you can’t buy it at the game corner, was thinking of 2nd generation. So it is found only on island 7.

2. smallz says:

i do not know where to get 1 i think it depends on which game you have firered or leafgreen but yes it does evolve without trading

3. froggy16 says:

To pokekid,
    You will find them on island 7 and I belive you can buy them in the game corner, not sure on that though. It evolves at level 30 into pupitar, then level 55 into Tyranitar, no need to trade.

4. pokekid says:

how do you get a lavitar. And does it evolve whithout trading.

5. mewtwo says:

wow that is a good team i have all those pokemon but not that high of a lvl though yeah i have several pokemon that i need to trade to evolve but cant cause there no one to trade w/

6. gastly lover says:

COOL!!

7. froggy16 says:

To Shadow Lugia,
    You are not bad at this game, Nintendo just wants you to spend A LOT of money in order to beat it. The only way to get those pokemon is by going to a Nintendo event, they are few and far between and would most likely require you to travel.

8. froggy16 says:

To mewtwo,
    Because you are a good trainer, and those are good moves for them to know. I stopped playing my game a long time ago, but my team was Charizard, Nidoking, Beedrill, Kadabra, Graveler, Raichu, all at level 70, (I don’t have anyone to trade the Kadabra and Gravler to). Because Nidoking is so versitile I can pretty much take on any pokemon type with my team. Even though your team is higher I could probably give you a good fight.

9. Shadow Lugia says:

I’m so bad at this game I can’t find the pokemon i want like mew or deoxy where do ya catch em?

10. smallz says:

man those are some strong pokemon you have mewtwo maybe i need to build a team like that

i dont think my other team is that strong because when i challenged the elite 4 the only two that came out not fainted was lvl 100 mewtwo and lvl 96 blastoise i dont understand why they lost so bad like that

11. mewtwo says:

yeah how did you know they knew those moves.ill just leave bkastoise in there.hey should i post my team agian so the others have an i dea of what pokemon to use

12. froggy16 says:

To mewtwo,
    Well your team is pretty solid. I am assuming your onix knows earthquake and your lapras blizzard, so the only thing you can’t take on in the eilte four is your rivals Alakazam. For that you can have a pokemon that know a ghost, bug, or dark move. But if that will take you to long than you can just use your blastois, like I said you can beat them easily.

13. christian777 says:

i got celebi in leaf green

14. mewtwo says:

thanks. what should i replace it with?

15. froggy16 says:

To mewtwo,
    You are MORE than ready to take on the elite four. I don’t think you will have any problems. I like your team, by the way, since you have laparas I would take out Blastios and replace it with another type though.

16. froggy16 says:

To werock,
    If there was a good way to win then Las Vegas would’nt exsist. There really isn’t a trick to it, in the old games there was stuff you could do to make it to your advantage, they took them out though.

17. froggy16 says:

To smallz,
    Yeah I got mine all around level 60 before I stopped playing. I like it better to switch pokemon in and out vs. being bored with the same old 6.

18. froggy16 says:

To werock,
    There isn’t just one combination that is the best. If you would like, you can tell me your team and their levels and I can give you tips about what moves to teach them, and if you need to replace any of them with other pokemon.

19. mewtwo says:

what are the best pokemon to use for the elite 4
    i have a lvl 77 onix, lvl 80 charizard, lvl 82 pikachu, lvl 75 lapras, lvl 76 blastoise, and lvl 77 venusaur

20. werock says:

how do you win the games at the rocket game corner

21. smallz says:

i have about 30 im training on my ruby but most of them are below lvl 30

22. froggy16 says:

To mewtwo,
    You can also use it for doing mystery gift with a friend and if you go to a Nintendo event you have to have one in order for them to give you rare pokemon and items.

23. froggy16 says:

To smallz,
    Good, I would work on those teams instead. I like the philosophy of once you beat the elite four, getting a variety of rare strong pokemon instead of just focusing on your basic 6. I have about 15 pokemon I train in my ruby version.

24. werock says:

to froggy 16 what are the best pokemon to use on the ELITE 4

25. froggy16 says:

To smallz,
    Gyarados is a water/ flying pokemon, ice is not super effective against it. But yes, you should use ice for the rest of his pokemon.

26. mewtwo says:

i was wondering what is a wireless adapter good for except for trading

27. smallz says:

yeah but i do have a lot have other teams like a lvl 45 raichu,lvl 47 fairow,lvl 47 marowak, lvl 30 arcanine and more teams cuz i have 2 special boxes in the pc just for teams

28. froggy16 says:

To smallz,
    It is a strong team because of the levels, but I would not say a good team. You are right, because it is only three pokemon it has a lot of weaknesses, and it is not very creative.

29. smallz says:

to froggy16
    yes i know that you need more than the 1 i gave but lance has also dragon types and ice is super effective on dragon types.i think gryados is dragon/flying but i could be wrong.

30. smallz says:

i was wondering if this is a good team i dont think so because there are only 3 species of pokemon 2 blastoises,2charizards,and 2mewtwos. i usually prefer a different team but these are my stongest pokemon except for the 2nd charizard.here are their lvs charizard 61,charizard 42, blastoise 69, blastoise 95,mewtwo 82 mewtwo 100

31. froggy16 says:

To smallz,
    That is the generic answer, but I perfer people to tell me there team so I can tell them what pokemon to use for each one. That way if they don’t have a psychic or ice, or any other neccsary type, I can make suggestions about what moves to teach what pokemon. But you are correct about the types, all though you will need a flying for Bruno, an earth pokemon is an option for Agatha, and you will also need an electric for Lance’s garydose.

32. froggy16 says:

To werock,
    The best place to use the vs. seeker is at the top of cycling road, there ar 6 trainers there which gives you better odds of finding someone to battle.

33. vertex138 says:

If you are stuck geting to the Rocket Headqarters in leaf green, go to the ‘ROCKET GAME CORNER’ and talk to the person in the corner near the odd wall. he will want to battle. battle him, win and hit A near the poaster after he leaves. hit the button and go down the stairs. TA-DA!

34. smallz says:

to werock
    you need an electric for the first,water for the second,pyshic for the third,and ice for the fourth. those are for the first four and the last i cant remember sorry. i maby wrong about this but i think im right check w/ froggy16 though cause im not 100% sure.

35. froggy16 says:

To werock,
    There is no best team, so tell me your team and their levels and I might be able to help.

36. froggy16 says:

To smallz,
    I was kind of mad about that too. With my calculations you can get 170 pokemon (it might be diffrent on leaf green, not sure) with out trading, using mystery gift, or going to a Nintendo event. If you can get 170, then you should still feel proud.

37. werock says:

I wish I could use the VS seeker in caves

38. werock says:

I wish I had the Wireless Adaptder

39. werock says:

what are the best pokemon to use on the elite 4

40. smallz says:

i have all the games that you listed except for sapphire but no way to trade. the only friend that i can trade w/ i dont see any more. and since i get most of my info from another website i knew that i had to trade.

41. froggy16 says:

To smallz,
    The only way you can get them is by traiding. It is really Nintendo’s genuis, in order to beat fire red you need leaf green, ruby, sapphire, emarald, and have to go to their events and you will probably spend money at their events. So if you really want to beat the game you are going to have to make Nintendo really happy. Since I don’t have a way to trade either, I just catch as many pokemon that I can without trading.

42. froggy16 says:

To Dino 224,
    Talk to the captain of the S.S. Anne and he will give you the hm for cut.

43. smallz says:

froggy15 since you seem to know everything (i dont mean that in a bad way) is there another way to get all 3 starters cause ive caught all the pokemon in the game except for venusaur,kabuto,kabutops,aridactle and 2 others besides trading

44. froggy15 says:

Just wanted to let everybody know I am switching my name to froggy16 :)

45. Dino 224 says:

how do you get the tm or hm cut

46. aj says:

hey listen, i had a shaymin,dialga,and i was going to get an arcues,cool huh?

47. froggy15 says:

To werock,
    Do you mean inorder to get porygon 2? To do that you trade it while holding the item called upgrade. If that is not what you meant, please restate your question.

48. froggy15 says:

To werock,
    Any starter pokemon will do the trick. Any fire pokemon and you get blast burn, any water and you get hydro cannon, and any grass you get frenzy plant.

49. werock says:

O.K. I got porygon what do I do now

50. terry1000666 says:

Anyone have a code for cloning? i rlly need one for leafgreen.

Write a comment about “Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen”

Nickname: