Games Guru

Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen

I am having big, I mean BIG, trouble catching Deoxy, Jirachi, Mew, Celib, Lugia and Hoho. Please help me!

Games Guru: For Deoxy, Mew and Lugia, you needed to go to a Nintendo event or Pokemon Center at a time when they were offering the Pokemon over wireless. Jirachi can be obtained from the bonus disc that comes with Pokemon Coliseum.

Where do I catch Mew?

Games Guru: Ah, Mew. Mew and Celebi are not in FireRed or LeafGreen. Sorry.

Can I catch any of the starter Pokemon as wild Pokemon, or can I only receive them from Professor Oak?

Games Guru: The only way to collect more than one of the starter Pokemon is to trade for them.

I can’t find any slowpoke. Can you tell me where I can catch it?

Games Guru: They are pretty common if you go fishing for them in LeafGreen. Check around the ice caves.

Where do you find Mewtwo?

Games Guru: Finding Mewtwo is a matter of time and location. Mewtwo is in the back of a cave a bit to the north and west of the town of Cerulean. To get to the cave, head north out of Cerulean and cross the bridge, then go west and hop in the river. The river will lead you to the mouth of the cave.

Before you can enter the cave, however, you will need to beat the Elite Four and more. You will need to explore the islands to the south and help the people on those islands solve a certain computer problem.

Does Venusaur beat the elite four in Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen?

Games Guru: Venusaur is a great Pokemon, but you’re in for some trouble if you try to beat the Elite Four with just one Pokemon. Lance, the fourth member of the Elite Four, specializes in dragon Pokemon. His fire beasts will make short work of a lone Venusaur.

Tags:

Comments about “Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen”

1. PokeMaster says:

i’ve caught the legendary birds (cept moltres killed it on accident and forgot to save) and i’ve caught mew2,finished the league so now what?i’ve done everything on the islands i think and i’ve caught unown..the only thing i need now is the “dog” but yeah thats hard to catch..any1 know if there is anything else to do?

2. froggy16 says:

To Person,
    It is random but do you have the naitonal pokdex yet? If not you will not be able to find it. Oh and remember it is on the mainland Kanto, not the islands.

3. Person says:

I have been trying my best to find Raikou in the tall grass everywhere. Is there a certain place you have to first see him at, or is it random?

4. froggy16 says:

To guy65,
    Ahh….I am sorry but you don’t…That is why you should ALWAYS save before you battle legendary pokemon so you can just turn off the game when they faint. Again I am sorry to have to tell you this.

5. guy65 says:

froggy16, do you know how to get a legendary back if we already made it faint?

6. froggy16 says:

To Wimpy Trainer,
    Glad I could help, if you need anything else feel free to ask.

7. Wimpy Trainer says:

To froggy16,
    Thanks for the tips! I caught the birds and I’m working on the Elite Four. I see a Kyogre in my FireRed future! Hehe…

8. froggy16 says:

To Wimpy Trainer,
    You must beat the elite four to get the national pokedex. Try paralizing them and use flash untill they have like no accuracy. Also use false swipes so you know they have 1 health left. After you get the national pokedex talk to Celio on island 1 in the pokecenter. Then go to Mt. Ember and battle team rocket. In the cave behind them you will find the ruby. Give it to Celio and he will give you the rainbow pass.

9. Wimpy Trainer says:

I have 3 problems to deal with. No. 1, I don’t know if you have to beat the Elite 4 to get the National Dex, No. 2, I can’t seem to catch Moltres and Zapdos when they only have about 1-5 HP left, and No. 3, how in the world do you get the Rainbow Pass to go to 4, 5, 6, and 7 Islands? I thank anyone who can help! :)

10. Anonymous says:

Does anyone know if you have to beat the Elite 4 to get the National Dex, because I’ve caught 60 Pokemon. Also, I’ve gotten both Moltres’s and Zapdos’s HP down to 1-5 HP. But when I throw Ultra Balls, they either wiggle once or not at all. What can I do to stop this madness?

11. froggy16 says:

To homeslice,
    I am going to have to ask…why? That team is more than ready for the elite four. Give me a list of moves so I can tell you which pokemon should take on which trainer.

12. homeslice says:

i need help beating elite four.
    Team:

Venusaur lvl 69
    Porygon lvl 63
    Articuno lvl 68
    Ryhdon lvl 70
    Dragonite lvl 76
    Arcanine lvl 68

13. sceptile master 315 says:

you can get ho-oh from pokemon colloseum, and lugia from xd gale of darkness

14. froggy16 says:

To werock,
    You can find larvitar on island 7, but it is somewhat rare. Larvitar evolves at level 30 into pupitar then at level 55 into Tyranitar.

15. werock says:

were do you find tryanitar

16. froggy16 says:

To werock,
    You mean super effective? Fire, fighting, rock, and steel. That is if they are just ice, if they are water and ice (which most are) than electric, grass, fighting, and rock. At the bottem of icefall cave you will find the HM for waterfall. After you get it, go up the waterfall near the entrance and you will be able to rescue Lorrile from team rocket, this will let you battle the elite four again and will help you get into dotted hole later in the game.

17. werock says:

what is there to do in ice fall cave on 4 island

18. werock says:

what affects ice pokemon

19. froggy16 says:

To chanamathi, glamour16, and go star10,
    You will find it in the grasses of mainland, only after you beat the elite four, catch 60 pokemon, and get the national pokedex from proffesor oak. But since you haven’t even evolved charmander yet it sounds like you are really far away from doing that. Once you find it once you can track it with the area feature of the pokedex.

20. go star10 says:

Where do you find the three legendary dog’s, it is not in my national dex i have chamendar as my starter i haven’t evolved him yet is there any idea to find them????

21. glamour16 says:

where is the legendary,
    i have the national dex and chamendar as my starter, but i can’t find the 3 legendary dog’s.Where is the best route to find them?

22. chanamathi says:

where is suicune i got my chamander and i got the national dex i searched every day

23. ur face says:

ihave a charzard lvl 100 dragonite 100 lapras 100 mewtwo 100 tryanitar lvl 100 and a Hitmontop lvl 100. i like pie

24. froggy16 says:

To Anonymous,
    You can only get Jirachi from a special edition of pokemon colloseum.

25. froggy16 says:

To k man,
    Johto pokemon exclusive to FireRed are just Delibird, Qwilfish, Skarmory, and Wooper. Exclusive to LeafGreen are Mantine, Marill, Misdreavus, Remoraid, and Sneasel. That does not include Kanto pokemon of course for that list is longer.

26. Anonymous says:

wher to get jirachi

27. MASTER says:

ACTION REPLAY AT WAL-MART GAME SECTION

28. k man says:

if any1 is wondering a good way to beat the elite four after the national dex this is my team
    metwo lvl 85
    blastoise lvl 83
    zapdos lvl 76
    and 3 other pokemon to evolve with exp share

29. k man says:

to froggy16

what pokemon catches are diferent for johto pokemon between firered and leafgreen
    if you know pleas get back to me

30. froggy16 says:

To aqua-0,
    Yep, suicune with charmander, raikou with squirtle, and entie with bulbasaur. I think I caught my suicune on route 15.

31. aqua-0 says:

If you’re wondering if you can catch lengenderie dogs in leaf green and fire red, you can. Whitch one you find depends on your stater Pokemon. They apear anywhere for example, I caught my suicune one route one. true story, right froggy16?

32. froggy16 says:

To logen,
    Are you looking for the 1st one (before you get the ruby) or the 2nd one? It would take to long to explain both so more information will help.

33. froggy16 says:

To charizardfan98,
    Oh and waterfall is on island 4 in icefall cave, you can’t get there yet since you haven’t beaten the elite four.

34. froggy16 says:

To charizardfan98,
    Take out the moltres and put in zapdoes or another high level electric. Use that pokemon for Lorrile. For bruno use charizards fly for the fighting pokemon and for the onixs…I guess try venasaurs solar beam, if that doesn’t work just use your charizard. For Agatha…well just do your best…For Lance use aritcunos ice beam and the Charizards dragon claw. For your rival you will have to use all of your pokemon. Remember that your charizard is strong but it should be used as a last resort. Bring as many max revives, revives, and max potions as you can buy, as well as items that help your pp. I don’t know what else I can say for your team is really unblanced, so good luck.

35. logen says:

how do i get the team rokite sacet wearhouse code i have been searching for it over 5 years plese help me

36. charizardfan98 says:

I am having BIG trouble with the elite 4, had the game for almost a year (pathetic) yet look at my team:
    Charizard lv. 86 blast burn, mega kick, fly, flamethrower
    Moltres lv. 54 steel wing, fire blast,flamethrower, fly
    Charizard lv.53 flamethrower, focus punch, overheat, dragon claw
    Articuno lv. 50 reflect, fly, mind reader, ice beam
    Venusaur lv. 50 secret power, solarbeam, sleep powder, razor leaf
    Marowak lv. 48 bonemerang, strength, headbutt, thrash
    I also need help finding HM waterfall

37. froggy16 says:

To jj,
    It is just called the sapphire, like the gemstone. First save Lorrile from ice cave on island 4. Then got to dotted hole on island 6. Use cut to get in, then take the first hole, north hole, west hole, east hole, south hole. Then go to team rockets warehouse on island 5 to get the sapphire.

38. jj says:

were do you get the sapher chip on leafgreen

39. froggy16 says:

To aqua-0,
    You can only get to those islands by getting special tickets that you can only get at Nintendo events. On Navel rock you can catch Ho-oh and Lugia and on Birth island you can catch deoxys. Quest island is simply the 7th island of the sevii islands, you most likely have already been there. There is also a Faraway island in emearld version that you can catch mew on. Those are the only islands that are not already in the game.

40. aqua-0 says:

To froggy16
    I said I nearly beat the game in one of my leafgreen cartrages. I have 2. Oh, and if anyone has info on Quest insland or island 8 and 9 of the Sevii inslands please let me know.

41. super sonic says:

to ge past the thirsty guard you have to get tea from a near by.An old woman has it in ahouse.

42. froggy16 says:

To aqua-0,
    If you have never been in Saffron City than you are not almost done with the game. You must get a warm tea from the old lady on the first floor in Celadon Mansion in Celadon City. Just give it to one of the guards and you can get in.

43. aqua-0 says:

I’ve done nearly everything in one of my leaf greens, but I can’t get into Safrone city because the thirsty guards are still in my way. Also, if your wondering how to get eggs, then go too 4 insland and drop of a ditto and the pokemon of your choice and then wait.

44. froggy16 says:

To dtrain,
    Once you beat the 7th gym Bill will ask you to go to the islands 1-3. If you want to know how to get to islands 4-7 then you can ask later when you get that far.

45. dtrain says:

when you say how to get mewtwo were are those islands in the south you are taling about

46. froggy16 says:

To BlaBla,
    That is a myth and I am willing to bet you haven’t actually tried it.

47. BlaBla says:

You can catch mew on pokemon fire red and leaf green you can find it where mewtwo was in his rock area just run around and it will battle you it can be leveled between 60 and 70

48. charizared says:

a cheat code to find mewtwo in the wild

49. froggy16 says:

To botzki,
    To be more specific you will find it in Cerulean Cave after you give Celio the ruby and sapphire.

50. botzki says:

to alfonso,u can find a mewtwo by giving the two gems the ruby and sapphire

Write a comment about “Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen”

Nickname: