Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen

I am having big, I mean BIG, trouble catching Deoxy, Jirachi, Mew, Celib, Lugia and Hoho. Please help me!

Games Guru: For Deoxy, Mew and Lugia, you needed to go to a Nintendo event or Pokemon Center at a time when they were offering the Pokemon over wireless. Jirachi can be obtained from the bonus disc that comes with Pokemon Coliseum.

Where do I catch Mew?

Games Guru: Ah, Mew. Mew and Celebi are not in FireRed or LeafGreen. Sorry.

Can I catch any of the starter Pokemon as wild Pokemon, or can I only receive them from Professor Oak?

Games Guru: The only way to collect more than one of the starter Pokemon is to trade for them.

I can’t find any slowpoke. Can you tell me where I can catch it?

Games Guru: They are pretty common if you go fishing for them in LeafGreen. Check around the ice caves.

Where do you find Mewtwo?

Games Guru: Finding Mewtwo is a matter of time and location. Mewtwo is in the back of a cave a bit to the north and west of the town of Cerulean. To get to the cave, head north out of Cerulean and cross the bridge, then go west and hop in the river. The river will lead you to the mouth of the cave.

Before you can enter the cave, however, you will need to beat the Elite Four and more. You will need to explore the islands to the south and help the people on those islands solve a certain computer problem.

Does Venusaur beat the elite four in Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen?

Games Guru: Venusaur is a great Pokemon, but you’re in for some trouble if you try to beat the Elite Four with just one Pokemon. Lance, the fourth member of the Elite Four, specializes in dragon Pokemon. His fire beasts will make short work of a lone Venusaur.

1,417 Comments on Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen

1. To FireRed,
    I need to split this up into 2 parts. Once you get to Cerulean City battle the 6 trainers on Nugget Bridge. If you go up and left there is a trainer in the grass, DO NOT BATTLE HIM. Instead go right for now and battle a few trainers until you see one that can be avoided and is facing north. Now, either catch an Abra on this route or trade one from another game. Once you have done these things go back to Cerulean City and save. Walk up to the first trainer in the grass but come from the top, as soon as he sees you hit start. Teleport back to Cerulean City. Walk up and battle the other trainer, he should say something about a party on the S.S. Anne. This is important, before you make his level 17 slowpoke faint you need to use growl on it as many times as possible until it says “it won’t have any effect”.

2. darkpokemon88 // December 11, 2009 at 9:21 am // Reply

hitomchan will beat up bird pokemon :)

• Actually flying moves are super effective against fighting pokemon, so unless you can get in an ice or thunder punch in before it flys up…you don’t stand a chance.

3. To me,
    Well there actually is a way to get a level 100 mew on blue, red, and yellow version…with only one badge…if you would like to know more just ask, (oh and I have tested it, I have two mews from doing this).

4. To ifernape101,
    Did you go to the islands? Bill should have asked you when you beat Blaine. If you said no, I suggest getting the vs. seeker and using it at the top of cycling hill where there are 6 bikers. Oh and do you need to know where zapdose is or tips on catching him?

5. and there is a mew under the truck, but it is only in pokemon green version, not leaf green, pokemon GREEN vesion for the Game Boy, it was only released in japan and was released before blue, red or yellow (which happens to be my favorite pokemon game)

6. and i have mewtwo, suecune, rikou, entei, zapdos articuno, moltres, all regis, growdon, kyogere, and quite a few more

7. and another friend has a dyoxis, mew, all regis, growdon & kyogere, and requaza

8. i have had a lugia and my freind has a mew

9. how do i catch zapdos?

10. I’m trying to make my pokemon get to lv.50 or higher to beat the elite 4,but I DEFEATED ALL TRAINERS IN VIctory road.what do i do?

11. To entiegal,
    Try asking on the diamond, pearl, diamond or pearl, or the platinum pages.

12. What rares can you catch in platinum??Im trying to get farther in the game then my friend is… but i keep playing wow insted of DS..

13. To charizardude117,
    Pretty close, Nintendo recomends like 10 feet or less. That is why the wireless adaptors weren’t very popular.

14. charizardude117 // August 10, 2009 at 8:46 pm // Reply

how close do you have to be to join the derect corner with someone

15. To pokefreak6464,
    Good job.

16. pokefreak6464 // August 2, 2009 at 6:36 pm // Reply

i finally found the sapphire! now i can trade with ruby and sapphire!

17. To pokefreak6464,
    If you need help finding it feel free to ask, I wanted to give you the chance to find it on your own first for that is more fun.

18. pokefreak6464 // July 28, 2009 at 11:19 am // Reply

i have the national pokedex, i beat the elite 4 and the champion, and i found the ruby,
    but i have not found the sapphire yet.

19. To Yamaha dude,
    I vote Jolteon because vaporeon can take out flareon and jolteon can take out vaporeon but flareon is not supper effective against jolteon.

20. Yamaha dude // July 26, 2009 at 10:39 am // Reply

Poll:
    Which one is the strongest?

A) Flareon
    B) Jolteon
    C) Vaporeon

21. To werock,
    Ice and dragon are super effective against dragon. Fire, fighting, rock, and steel against ice. And electric and grass against water.

22. what affects dragon, ice, and water pokemon

23. To Ash Ketchum,
    No it is s fake pokemon that you can only catch on a fake game.

24. To diamond,
    Tell me where you are in the cave and I can tel you where to go next.

25. To darkrai 4 ever,
    No these games were made to make money, which they obviously did.

26. Ash Ketchum // July 20, 2009 at 9:46 am // Reply

u can capture mewthree x on this right?

27. you help me a lot but im stuck and i cant get past the cave next to the aleat for sorry about my writing

28. i havint beantend the aleat four and i still have mewtwo

29. darkrai 4 ever // July 16, 2009 at 7:51 am // Reply

Did you know that these games were realy just made to trade missing Kanto pokemon to Ruby and Sapphire? However, they sold a lot of copies on their own, and became the second best selling GBA game of all time, only behind Ruby and Sapphire!

30. To tmack07,
    Yeah, you have to go to a Nintendo event.

31. i know how to get deoxes no colisiem trading or cheats.

32. To Heart gold,
    Dark pokemon are from the game pokemon colesseum and can not be traded over. There is always a 1 in 8192 chance that when you battle lugia it will be shiny and of course that might make it look dark, but your odds are very slim. And no, mew is not under the truck, it is just a little “easter egg” Nintendo left in, and besides that wasn’t even how to get mew in the original games, (if you are curious I can tell you.) The only way to get mew now is to us an action replay/ gameshark, or go to a Nintendo event.

33. Heart gold // July 2, 2009 at 7:37 pm // Reply

Mews under the truck

34. Heartgold // July 2, 2009 at 6:05 pm // Reply

Do not catch missingno. ‘M bad thing will happan

35. Heart gold // July 2, 2009 at 5:50 pm // Reply

How do u get dark luigia

36. To mew,
    You can only get mew by going to a Nintendo event or by using a cheating device such as a game shark or action replay. Mew is not in the game normally, sorry.

37. to froggy16,
    how do you get a mew

38. Action Trev // June 29, 2009 at 4:41 pm // Reply

My Elite 4 team was
    Charizard
    Articuno
    Moltres
    Zapdose
    Farfetch’D (Lv. 63. I thought it would evolve so I trained it a bunch.)
    Haunter

39. To larvatar_kid,
    Yeah I have one at the same level on my fire red version, it is a great pokemon.

40. larvatar_kid // June 26, 2009 at 11:24 pm // Reply

to froggy16,
    my tyranitar is great but it took me so long 2 get a larvitar n make him evolve

41. To larvatar_kid,
    I don’t have a DS but you need either the cords or the wirless connecter to trade, so if there is a place for that than you can trade. Well you only have 5 pokemon…and I am not to big on using legendarys for your team. Pick pokemon that you like, not ones that Nintendo tells you are good. I like your Tryanitar though.

42. larvatar_kid // June 23, 2009 at 10:59 pm // Reply

to froggy16
    is my elite team good
    mew2 lv.83
    articuno lv.68
    moltrez lv.65
    zapdose lv.62
    tyranitar lv.55

43. larvatar_kid // June 23, 2009 at 10:50 pm // Reply

i play leaf green on my nintendo ds can i still trade?

44. To star wars12348647,
    You are going to have to fill me in on the Hollymath, I haven’t heard any real or fake things called that in pokemon fire red or leaf green.

45. star wars12348647 // June 23, 2009 at 10:38 am // Reply

I know where you can get a the hollymath

46. To werock,
    Have you completed the quests on the islands? If so than have you caught all 386 pokemon? The game isn’t over untill you have done that. If you don’t want to than buy another pokemon game, may I suggest one of the older ones like crystal version.

47. i have beaten the elite 4 ten times what do I do now

48. To PokeMaster,
    Whoops, meant the legendary dog (it was someone elese talking about articuno), I would use your masterball on it instead of mewtwo but you probably didn’t do that. So instead my suggestions are using flase swipes untill it has one health and to pralyze it.

49. To PokeMaster,
    You still need to complete the pokedex, which includes catching articuno, it’s not as hard as you would think.

50. PokeMaster // June 16, 2009 at 3:22 am // Reply

oh yes and i got the national pokedex

1 25 26 27 28