Games Guru

Pokemon Ruby

Where do you get the wish tag?

Games Guru: I have never found a Wish Tag. I have checked the best sources and they all say that the Wish Tag does not exist.

I was wondering if you know how to get to Sootopolis City.

Games Guru: Head south from Mossdeep Island along route 127. Once you clear the water cliffs, head left to Route 126. You will quickly come to an island. Sootopolis is inside that island, but you enter through an underwater cave.

What trendy phrase at Deford City is needed for catching Febass? And could you tell me at least one tile where it can be found? Thank you.

Games Guru: I have to admit I have never encountered Febass in Pokemon Ruby. Are you sure it is there?

How I can get the legendaries to show the walkthroughs?

Games Guru: I do not understand. I must be missing something on this one.

What is the best way to catch Pokemon like Rayquaza? I hear all these bogus stories like press this button when you throw it and it works 97% of the time, etc. I’m finding it very hard to catch Rayquaza since I don’t have a masterball (not sure where to get it). I use ultra balls, timer balls and pokeballs. Can you help?

Games Guru: First of all, allow me to congratulate you on getting to Rayquaza–that bike ride up to the roof was tough! Now, to Rayquaza. Like you, I have heard people say to use these pokeballs in this order or that order. I have read that this ball or that ball works best. In my experience, with the exception of the Master Ball, there is only one in the game, and it is in Team Aqua/Magma’s secret base. It’s all a matter of luck. I have caught legendary Pokemon with plain old normal pokeballs after wasting dozens of fancy ones.

Save your game before approaching Rayquaza, then wear it down, paralyze it and use every last pokeball you have got. If that does not work, DO NOT SAVE! Simply turn off your game, turn it back on and try again. Sooner or later, you are bound to catch your monster. Just be sure you have a good supply of pokeballs — dozens and dozens of them.

When you said to watch TV after beating the Elite 4 and Mom would ask a colorful question, did you have to beat the Elite 4 for a first time in the game or any time?

Games Guru: I hate to do this to you, but you need to refresh my memory. What are you trying to accomplish? I recall advising a reader to speak to “Mom” after beating the Elite 4 — I think it was to see a newscast about the victory and becoming the new champ, but, alas, I am getting old and need a reminder every now and then.

Can you multiply Pokemon? If so, how?

Games Guru: There is a Pokemon breeding center just west of Mauville. Go have a look.

Tags:

Comments about “Pokemon Ruby”

1. i like pie says:

how do you get all the regis.(regirock, registeel, and regsice).

• froggy17 says:

Would you like to know how to unlock their tombs, where to find their tombs, how to get into the main chamber of their tombs, or tips on catching them?

• firekip says:

to catch the regis you need relicanth and wailord go to the currents stay low go to a dive spot in the go to the brail surface put relicanth first and wailmer second go to the front brail press a go to the desert go right right down down use strength boom catch regirock go to dewford sail north to island cave while reading the brail wait go in get regice go to the safari zone go west go up stairs go into the tomb go to the middle use fly and tada you have all the regis once you catch them good luck hope it helped :D (you dont havew to beat the elite four

2. chaosblack9 says:

how do you get to mosdeep city because the died wailmers stop the road

• froggy16 says:

First off they are not dead lol… What you need to do is go to the top of Mt. Pyre and watch the orb get stolen. Then the wailmer guarding the route will move so you can go to the team magma hideout, make sure to pick up the master ball why you are in there.

3. spine334 says:

How do you get through the second door in the reggie areas? I am puzzled.

• froggy16 says:

If you are talking about the underwater cavern you use dig on the first entrance and in the next room have relicanth first in your party and wailord last in your party and you click on the back wall and you will hear their tombs unlocking far away. If you need any help unlocking their specific tombs feel free to ask.

4. travo says:

my friend beat the elite four and steven and i beat the rest

5. froggy16 says:

Just to let anyone know, I still check this page so don’t not ask a question simply because the last comment was on December 6th.

6. froggy16 says:

To ninja,
    Every time you beat the Master Rank Pokemon Contest your pokemon will get its picture put up in the art gallery. Pokurus is actually a good thing and it goes away on its own after a while unless you deposit your pokemon and let it spread to all of the pokemon in your PC, but it is VERY hard to get so don’t worry.

7. ninja says:

sorry prof. seth, i was just mad that i do not no how to fil the galery wth pics can you tel me how? thanks!………….I still want to no the cure for pkrs so i can avoid it! thaks! hopefull for the last time……THANKS!!!……….woops…… by!

8. Professor Seth says:

SHAME ON YOU PIKAPIKA!123… Oh, and I can answer any questions any of you spectulate.

9. ninja says:

to: masterballman159. You can catch latios and latias with out the master ball ( you’ll need wobafatts ability to prevent escape.) I use gardavors hypnosys and rare balls like premere ball, ( it works great.) So good luck!

10. masterballman159 says:

to every one

i can give all of you some tips to catching legendary pokemon without a masterball or a cheat code. first for the riegis you need a wailord and a relacanth to unlock the caverns now go to regirock first (he’s in the desert) you’ll need 30 ultraballs and 20 timerballs. weeken him as much as you can then use the relacanths yawn to put him to sleep. then trow ultra balls at him untill he wakes up then put him to sleep again but throw a timer ball at him continue this untill you catch him. now its bacicly the same thing with all the other legendarys ecept latios and latias
    you need the masterball to catch them.

11. froggy16 says:

To lala,
    You first have to watch the submarine get stolen in the Slateport City harbor. Then go to the secret underwater base on route 127/128. Once you see Groudon go away go to the back of Sootopolis City in the Cave of Origin to catch it. After all of that you can get into the gym.

12. lala says:

how to open gym in sootopolis

13. froggy16 says:

To PikaPika321,
    Every review I have read says that the graphics are a downgrade from fire red and leafgreen, the music is a bad rip off, and there are several glitches. Doesn’t sound that good to me.

14. PikaPika321 says:

Don’t call me a hater of pokemon or something, but i got pokemon black chaos. I WAS SO TEMPTED!!!!!!! :( srry bout that, pokemon black chaos isn’t half bad…..:}

15. hariyama_charizard says:

is it true that you’ll find the faraway island map in the place that the triangle stand in 9th island\birth island

16. pip says:

but i still beat the elite 4

17. pip says:

i rock. i messed up for groudon and my bro made raquaza leave. my bro flew away AND THEN SAVED. so no raquaza for me EVER. im sad.

18. froggy16 says:

To mr.cow,
    Yep and before that I was froggy14 (do you pick up on my super secret pattern?).

19. mr.cow says:

hey froggy16 werent u froggy15 anyway to popman you should ask the little man in the fossil maniacs house thats where u should get it not the guy in the back w glasses

20. froggy16 says:

To lego10773,
    In ruby and sapphire version, for Regirock on route 111 go right, right, down, down, then use strength. For regice on route 104 just wait for about 2 minutes. For Registeel on route 120 use fly in the middle of the room. This is diffrent for emearld. I reccomend alternating which balls you use for although Nintendo claims that an Ultraball is twice as likely to catch it than a pokeball it seems that if you throw the same one over and over it pops out faster. Bring timer balls to have for later on too. To weaken them, paralyze them, then use flash untill they have the lowest accuracy, then use falseswipes untill they have one health.

21. lego10773 says:

to froggy16

all i need to know is what the words mean and what ball i should use

22. froggy16 says:

To waffer,
    Groudon is in the cave of origin, Rayquaza is in Sky Pilliar, the Regis are in their tombs. If you would like me to tell you specific directions to one of those places feel free to ask.

23. waffer says:

where are all the legendarie pokemon in ruby

24. froggy16 says:

To orion_wmson,
    That is a bad thing. For one thing you should have a well balanced team, and not just count on one strong pokemon. Also it will take a long time for solrock to get level 80 in the day care, and a good trainer can beat the elite four with a team between level 50-55. Tell me your team and their levels and I will make some suggestions and tell you if you are ready.

25. orion_wmson says:

i am waiting for my solrock at the daycare to grow to lvl 80 so i can beat the elite 4 is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    oh and where is a master ball.

p.s. my groudon is only versing steven!!!

26. froggy16 says:

To deoxys seker,
    You have to go to a Nintendo event to get a ticket that will take you to an island with deoxys on it. Or you can use an action replay or gameshark.

27. deoxys seker says:

how to catch deoxys in pokemon ruby (in gameboy) pls answer this………….xD

28. froggy16 says:

To lego10773,
    Do you want tips on how to catch them or how to get into the tombs?

29. lego10773 says:

what is the best two ways to catch the three regi’s

30. froggy16 says:

To 148597,
    You can find one on route 124 and one on route 126, there are many more I just can’t remember all of them. They are hidden most of the time, so you might need the itemfinder.

31. froggy16 says:

To popman,
    Well then you will just need to get Nincada to level 45 or Trapinch to level 41 so they will learn dig. Make sure they don’t evolve or they won’t learn it.

32. 148597 says:

where do you get the heart scale

33. popman says:

froggy16 the man who gives you tm dig does not give it to me

34. froggy16 says:

To Sceptile4Evah,
    Tell me your team and their levels and I will make suggestion. There is not one way to beat the elite four, you just need a well balanced team.

35. Sceptile4Evah says:

Ive beaten the Elite 4 on my friends game but never my own. He always loses to Steve (the 5th guy, go figure). I win all 5 people for him no sweat and we have the same pokemon and they’re about the same level. I lose to the 3rd person all the time on my game but sweep the Elite 4 for my friend. I still don’t know how it works out. Any thoughts? Please comment to this.

36. froggy16 says:

To bob the snail,
    The only way to cheat is to buy a device called an action replay or a gamshark, you can find codes for those online.

37. bob the snail says:

HEY! do any of you guys know of any ANY cheats for this game??? ( ruby )
    ’cause no I could not find any any were! :(

38. lego10773 says:

when fishing when it says you got a bite only press (A) and repeat

39. froggy16 says:

To lego10773,
    No problem, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

40. froggy16 says:

To lionboy2093,
    No, you will find the tm once near Fallarbor town in the Fossil Maniacs house. After that the only other pokemon that learn it naturally are Nincada at level 45 and Trapinch at level 41 (they can’t evolve or they will not learn it, so be careful or give them and everstone to hold).

41. lego10773 says:

to: froggy16
    thanks

42. lionboy2093 says:

can you buy dig because i know were to get the three regi’s “regirock,regice, and regi steel but you need dig to open the first set of oors

43. froggy16 says:

To lego10773,
    You have to go to a Nintendo event to get a special ticket that will take you to an island with Deoxys on it. None of those pokemon are real as in made by Nintendo but you can catch some of them on bootlegged versions of the game such as black chaos.

44. lego10773 says:

is there such thing as mewtrance,mew three,mew three x,and amourean

45. lego10773 says:

to cmpka: you use pal park

46. lego10773 says:

how do you get to deoxys . the question is when and how without the master ball

47. froggy16 says:

To jon23,
    Well I would save your masterball for Latios/Latias. Even though ultra balls are suppose to be the most effective I have found that if you throw them over and over they seem to do worse. So I suggest throwing every kind of ball you have at it. After a LONG time use a timerball, for if you use it to soon than it will not be effective.

48. jon23 says:

which poke ball is best against rayquaza

49. froggy16 says:

To ash7,
    Get Dive from Steven’s house in Mossdeep City. Then surf to route 126 and you will see a huge white rock. Dive underwater on one of the dark blue parts of the ocean and you will run into a cave that leads to Sootopolis City.

50. ash7 says:

how do you get into the gym in sootopolis city

Write a comment about “Pokemon Ruby”

Nickname: