Pokemon Silver Version

How do you get all 3 starter Pokemon?

Games Guru: You need to trade for them. You can only pick one, so you will need to get another cartridge and trade. Sorry.

Can you please give me some ideas on what I should do now that I have completed my pokedex with all 251 Pokemon and they are all at level 100? I really like Pokemon, but I’m running out of stuff to do on it.

Games Guru: Whoa! My friend, you should be telling me what to do. I have never caught ‘em all and never had the stick-to-it stuff to train even 10 of my Pokemon that ultimate level. Have you found every TM? You must have. I am guessing that the only thing left for you to do is to get Pokemon Yellow or Crystal and start the quest all over again.

How can I open the cave of Mewtwo? And what do I need to have?

Games Guru: As I understand it, the only way to get Mewtwo in Pokemon Silver is to trade with someone who captured it in Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue. Please let me know if you hear differently.

How do you capture Mew, MewTwo and Celibe? Is there any trick to catching the three legendary Pokemon?

Games Guru: I have never gone after Mew or Celibe, but I have caught MewTwo a time or two. Your best bet is to use a Master Ball — the one-size-fits-all Pokemon catcher. If you don’t have a Master Ball, try freezing MewTwo. He’s easier to catch when he’s frozen.

How do I get the generator piece?

Games Guru: Have you searched the pond in the Cerulean Gym?

1,109 Comments on Pokemon Silver Version

1. Heartgold // July 2, 2009 at 6:00 pm // Reply

Please ask me any Q i been playing for 10 years and my brother for16 years

2. To shooter,
    That is a pretty nice team, curious though, how far are you in the game and who did you have in that slot before Lugia?

3. how is my team hitmonle lv43 hypno lv48 snorlax lv52 corsola lv43 lugia lv46 and butterfree lv41

4. to get lugia wen you get to olive town surf to the whorlpool island walk around and find a place where you hafe to jump the uper haf go thrue and go down the water fall go left go up surf across the watter and ther but you need silver wing

5. To ranger123,
    Check in the Ice Path. After the first big ice maze there is a little one that you don’t have to take so you probably ignored it, but that is where the HM07 waterfall is.

6. i can’t get on the waterfall and cant find HM8 aka waterfall need help.

7. To master in the making,
    The first one that I know of is in the Olivine Lighthouse. If you need to train go west of Ecruteak City and train on routes 38, 39, and in the Lighthouse. You really don’t need to cheat yet but your problem is you have three normal pokemon and you are trying to fight a ghost trainer. You should really get rid of aipom and raticate when you get a chance and replace them with pokemon that are not normal type. You should train your snuble, it evoelves at level 23 and gets a lot stronger, also make sure to teach it lick which is super effective agains ghost.

8. To raz,
    I would go with 8/10, I like that you didn’t use any legendaries but three starters is not very creative.

9. master in the making // June 24, 2009 at 3:06 am // Reply

were can u get the 1st rare candy in pokemon silver i want to do the cloning cheat to get my pokemon up to lv 40 b4 i fight the ghost gym i have a lv 26 croconaw lv 22 noctowl lv 21 ratticate lv 18 snubbull lv 24 beedrill lv 27 aipom. plz help i dont like cheating but all the wild pokemon take to long to train and i dont have the paitence plus ive beaten all the trainers around that area plz help plus wot do u think of my team i know it needs work but wot do u think honestly.

10. can somebody rate my yeam i have 6 lv 100s typhlosion feraligator meganium magnaton pidgeot and arbok

11. To IG88,
    We can not give cheats on this website. Try getting those pokemon without cheating.

12. DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY GOOD CHEATS?I WANT TO GET CHARMANDER,SQUITLE,BULBASAUR,MEW,MEWTWO,CELEBI,AND THE LEGENDARY DOGS!!!!!!!

13. To Anonymous,
    No problem, I probably took that the wrong way because I have caught 250 pokemon on crystal version, had of a lot of time on my hands as a little kid. You should use a nickname next time so I know who I am talking to. Oh and I agree for the newer games, there is no way I would ever try to beat fire red or leafgreen, way to much time, I just catch all of the pokemon you can without traiding for those games.

14. Anonymous // June 3, 2009 at 8:10 pm // Reply

@ froggy16

Who truely has the patience, time, or mental stability to catch every single pokemon in the game either way? I only consider ‘beating the game’ defeating the Pokemon League (or if you’re playing something like Crystal or Platinum, which has stuff added on after that, doing whatever you have to to there).
    Wasn’t trying to sound rude before, so sorry if it seemed that way ^^’

15. To Anonymous,
    Well, my friend, than you didn’t beat the game because you have to catch all of the pokemon to beat the game. The game doesn’t end after you get all of the badges and beat the elite four, anyone can do that.

16. To ben,
    You have to trade them from red, blue, or yellow version. Dark, ghost, and bug are super effective against psychic.

17. @ froggy16

Not true, my friend. The legendary dogs hate me, so I never got the chance to catch Ho-oh :3

18. SpasticChibi // May 31, 2009 at 11:00 pm // Reply

@ BEN

Dark types are effective, and from what I remember, Ghost types as well. A Gastly would be a good Pokemon for learning those types of moves.

19. WHAT IS SUPER EFFECTIVE ON A PSYCHIC POKEMON.

20. WERE DO YOU GET MEW AND MEWTWO

21. To $$$CASHB,
    You can catch ho-oh without even beating the game, in fact in order to beat the game you need to catch ho-oh…so your statement makes no since.

22. To technoid,
    Just ignore the game guru’s comments, they are not usually correct. Any pokemon could be a shiny pokemon but the odds of finding one are 1 in 8192. There is not one location to find a shiny pokemon for they can be found on any route.

23. IF YOU WANT HO-OH JUST BEAT THE GAME 72 TIMES DUDE

24. I know there r different colored poken like for example:red garadose but i was wondering if u know others are. ive already caught a shiny donfan. and if u know where a pink butterfree is ide like to know.

25. you said that you can only get mewtwo from trading red or blue. you forgot to mention that mewtwo is also on yellow version. just want people to know.=)

26. eagleorbust // May 17, 2009 at 8:42 pm // Reply

bionicle prince:
    this is for game boy color. but it can be played on a game boy advance.

on a different note: my sis beat the game

27. flyingblaziken // May 13, 2009 at 2:08 pm // Reply

Soul Silver, here I come!

28. To Salamence101,
    Yeah I saw one of your comments and looked it up. Sounds great, I hope they keep all of the good parts of the game and fix the bad parts (like the Kanto region…).

29. Salamence101 // May 9, 2009 at 8:28 am // Reply

To Froggy16,
    did you know that nintendo is making G/S Remakes for ds call Heart Gold version and Soul silver version!

30. i will say 10/10 because i gave ho-oh and gyarados 3+1 for Victreebell+1 for Golem+1 for Typhlosion and+1 for Ampharos.3+3+1+1+1+1=10/10 :}

31. To Burrito,
    You can not get the GS ball or Celeibe on the english version of the game, you can only get it on the Japanese. Tell me the numbers of the last 5 you haven’t seen and I can tell you what they are. I have caught all 250 pokemon on crystal so I can help (didn’t bother translating Japanese to get Celebie).

32. someone please help me i have 241 pokemon and i seen 245 where do i see the last five guys and where do i get a celebi and a gs ball

PLEASE HELP

33. where do you get celebi and the gs ball in (silver)

34. To tnt,
    Ah, it didn’t post…This is my worst team of all my games, they are at level 55. Ho-oh: sacred fire, fly, psychic, solarbeam; Gyarados (red): bite, icy wind, surf, waterfall; Golem: strength, rollout, earthquake, magnitude; Victreebel: Razor Leaf, sleep powder, sludge bomb, cut; Typhlosion: strength, furry cutter, earthquake, flame wheel; Amphoros: thunderpunch, strength, iron tail, hidden power. You know I might play this again to get my team better…

35. Games guru, how do you get into Mt. silver, and how and were is lugia?

36. To Froggy16:Tell me your pokemon gold team,please.i will rate your team from 1-10.

37. To tnt,
    Which game do you want to know my team? I have yellow, gold, crystal, ruby, and fire red.

38. gfhffdgerh50 // April 19, 2009 at 4:00 pm // Reply

I caught mew in the police station.

39. To Froggy16-
    THANK YOU ever so much for rating my team.If you have a team tell me and i will rate it for you. :)

40. To froggy16:I caught the shiny red gyarados at the lake of rage,i traded mewtwo from my pokemon yellow,i caught ho-oh and lugia,itraded electabuzz from pokemon red and he is holding exp. share,and i chose totodile.and THANK YOU ever so much for rating my team. it means a lot. :)

41. To the man,
    Who are you talking to? No one on here has that name that I can find…

42. I agree Draco

43. To tnt,
    7/10 because I like the pokemon and that you didn’t use cheats. But, your levels are all over the place and it is not very balanced, you have two waters and two psychic. Get the levels more balenced and replace Lugia with another pokemon and maybe it would get a 10.

44. To bionicle prince,
    It is for the gameboy color but you can play it on your advance or sp.

45. To bionicle prince it is for gameboy color-pokemon silver

46. To anthony,
    You have to trade them from red, blue, or yellow version.

47. rate my team shiny red gyarados lv 68,mewtwo lv 89,ho-oh lv 76,lugia lv 40,electabuzz lv 44,and feraligatr lv 100

48. bionicle prince // April 7, 2009 at 5:05 pm // Reply

Is this for Game Boy Advance, or is it for Game Boy Color

49. where can you see mew in silver version and mewtwo?

50. To axel,