Pokemon Diamond

What are shiny Pokemon? How do you get them?

Games Guru: The chances of getting them are supposed to be something like 1 in 8,000. But here’s a very long article that might help: http://www.gamesradar.com/shiny-pokemon-guide/

Where oh where do you find the HMstrength IM dieing for it?

Games Guru: Strength?  It’s at the top of the Lost Tower on Route 209.

How do you catch Azelf?

Games Guru: Since Azelf has uproar, you cannot put it to sleep. The experts say use dark balls and timer balls, and they are probably right. I find that good old standard pokeballs will do the trick eventually, but no matter what you do, save before you begin the fight. Also, you might try poisoning Azelf at the beginning of the fight and then just throwing balls. So long as you have saved, it won’t cost you anything.

How do you beat the eighth gym leader? I can’t find a moving platform that goes to him. Also, can I get some cheats on how to find legendaries besides Dialga, Uxie and Azelf? Thank you!

Games Guru: How many of his underlings have you beaten? Remember, first room: just get on the platform and press the blue button once. Second room, get on the platform and press the green button three times. In the third room, things start to get tricky.

You get on the first platform and hit the red button once, then get off and head left. Get on the next platform and press the red button once, then get off and head for the next platform. This time you hit the green button three times. Move ahead and press the blue button on the next platform to open a new path along the top of the screen. Go up and to the right and hit the red button to open the bridge that will take you to Volkner.

How do you get past Stark Mountain? I’ve tried EVERYTHING!

Games Guru: Stark Mountain is pretty big. Where are you? Have you escorted Buck?

How do you catch Mesprit?

Games Guru: First, you should have the patch in your Pokedex that lets you track Mesprit. If you don’t, return to the Poketech building in Jubilife. With this technology, you will be able to locate and even move Mesprit. Go to a patch of grass and keep saving and you will see that the legendary Pokemon moves every time you save. So save until your fingers fall off, or Mesprit lands somewhere nearby.

Now the hard part: catching it. I did it the hard way. I paralyzed Mesprit and used about a million pokeballs. If you have the Master Ball, you will get Mesprit on your first try. Since Master Balls are one-per-game, I tried a mixture of balls before finally trapping Mesprit with a regular pokeball.

If you don’t want to use or do not have a Master Ball, try the deadly combination of putting Mesprit to sleep, then using Mean Look as your next attack.

How do you get a dawn stone? I was wondering because I want to get a Gallade so bad!!!!!!!!

Games Guru: The easiest, though most expensive, way is to earn one by winning 7,200 points on Pokemon Battle Revolution — the Wii game.

How can you NOT get 3 moon stones, pikachus or Replays lined up in the veilstone lotto place when the pokeballs appear? Thank you SO much!

Games Guru: have spent very little time on the slots, but in my experience, they are very random.

How do I evolve Evee into Umbreon?

Games Guru: Evee can change into many different Pokemon. To turn an Evee into an Umbreon, you need to do a nighttime Happiness evolution.

Where do you get the fifth gym badge, and how do you get there? Also, if there are any obstacles, please let me know.

Games Guru: The gym is in Hearthome City, but you’ve got to do a few things before it’s open to you. First, you will run into some unhappy psyducks. You need to take some medicine to them to ease their pain. Then you need to make a special delivery in Celestic City. This is a good deal because you will be rewarded with the HM Surf. Then you need to head east, fight a few more battles and run into an old friend from Mt. Coronet. Once you do all of this, go to Hearthome City, and you should find the gym open and ready for you.

How do you get better signal for the DS wireless communications?

Games Guru: This is an interesting question. You might be too far from a WiFi hotspot. Have you tried taking it to a good WiFi zone?

2,755 Comments on Pokemon Diamond

1. I live fast,die never. // November 17, 2009 at 9:20 am // Reply

pfff…you are all no match for team nrko.
    sceptile lv 100
    haunter lv 100
    metagross lv 100
    blaziken lv 100
    darkrai lv 100
    jolteon lv 100
    yeah,i know,i should write the attacks and all that,but im lazy.

2. To Iwilldestroyyouthreetimesover Yeah right!
    typhlosion lv.100
    torterra lv.100
    arceus lv.100(no AR)holding a draco plate
    lucario lv.100 holding A razor claw
    infernape lv.100 holding a quick claw
    dusknoir lv.80 holding a rowap berry
    OR
    dragonite lv.73 holding a dragon fang.

3. Hey guys, beat this team!

Lv. 100 Swampert
    Lv. 100 Venusaur
    Lv. 100 Infernape
    Lv. 100 Gardivoir
    Lv. 100 Metagross
    Lv. 100 Aggron

4. With no action replay, I’ve got 4 legendaries:Rotom, Mesprit, Azelf and (BOO-YAH) lvl 100 Arceus. Note to all: Rotom, Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, and Cresselia can get into Battle Tower.

5. to darkpokemon88, ur team is cool! thanks for the hint. if u know where other plates are, that would be nice info too.

6. team: 100 empoleon 100 azelf 100 machamp 100 arceus 100 dialga 100 darkrai (go action replay!)

7. darkpokemon88 // November 10, 2009 at 8:26 pm // Reply

YAY GOT ARCEUS TODAY
    draco plate is behind eterna’s statue super dude
    ps: how you like my team

8. darkpokemon88 // November 9, 2009 at 9:06 pm // Reply

my winnin team

my team
    Wevile lv 47 dig, icebeam, slash, brickbreack
    Darkrie lv 53 hypnossis, nightmare, darkpulse, shadowball
    Giratina lv 73 shadowforce, earthpower, heal block, slash
    Dialga lv 55 roar of time, strength, dragonclaw, acientpower
    Rypherior lv 57 megahorn, stone edge, earthquake,hammer arm
    Scizor lv 52 u turn, xsizzor, night slash, duble hit

9. how do u find the plate’s? (the ones Arcerus changes type with.)

10. hey,i have a ar

11. Can you get Darkrai, Arceus or Shamen without cheating?

12. What 6 pokemon are reccomend for use against the pokemon league?

13. I have all the gym badges but I haven’t beaten the league.It’s hard.

14. GH3A4VMGUNSNROSESFREAK // November 1, 2009 at 9:53 am // Reply

My team:
    Arcticuno Lv. 100
    Empoleon Lv. 100
    Rayquaza Lv. 100
    Mew Lv.100
    Darkrai Lv.100
    Entei Lv. 100

15. Also I got mine from a special event.

16. P.S. Giratina the dark sorry about your game . To get a manaphy you need to participate in special events. Then breed with a ditto and …POOF Ya got a phione.

to superdude you get a phione not a mew !

17. And did I mention EVERY POKEMON LV. 100

18. I HAVE ALL OF THE LEGENDARIES LV.100 NO CHEATS

19. Pokefreak6464,BEAT THIS lv100 regigigas,lv100 arcius,lv101(i cheated)palkia,lv100Darkri,lv100shiny sky shyimen,and lv100torrtara,BEAT THAT!

20. Pokemaster P // October 23, 2009 at 7:26 pm // Reply

To pokefreak6464,

Sorry, I meant Giratina the Dark.

21. Pokemaster P // October 20, 2009 at 6:51 pm // Reply

To pokefreak6464,

I smell actio replay. I don’t use AR in Diamond, my infernape’s too awesome.

I sugest taking out the rares and substituting them for non-rares that have gotten you far in the game.

The only rare on my list is a cloned rayquaza from a friend.

22. Giratina the Dark // October 18, 2009 at 6:14 pm // Reply

Btw My team is:
    Groudon lv.98
    Blaiziken lv. 94
    Rayquaza Lv. 90
    Infernape Lv. 88
    Latios Lv.74
    Last spot i switch between Giratina, Regigas, and Heatran all lv.70

23. Giratina the Dark // October 18, 2009 at 5:55 pm // Reply

I’m kinda mad because my fire red broke and now i cant send my lv 100 mewtwo and charizard to diamond, should i buy a new one and restart? Let me know what u think.

Also how can i catch manaphy, phione, and arceus.

24. Or just migrate it from ruby.

25. pokefreak6464 // October 16, 2009 at 10:41 am // Reply

to i will destroy u 3 freakin’ times in a row,
    o.k., i will top that.
    my team:
    dialga level 100
    tyranitar level 100
    salamance level 100
    luxray level 100
    infernape level 100
    starapter level 100
    TOP THAT!

26. Salamence101 // October 16, 2009 at 10:01 am // Reply

To Pokefreak6464,
    Seriously, give it up, you used an action replay. How would you have gotten the Ho-Oh that you used to breed with in the first place. I promise you that you can’t breed legendaries (except Manaphy).

27. oh yeah!! on my team….

Groudon lv.100
    Infernape lv.97
    Arceus lv.99
    Mew lv.100
    Latias lv.96
    Rampardos lv.90

28. i will destroy u 3 freakin' times in a row // October 14, 2009 at 1:58 pm // Reply

i am the master! no one can beat me.
    my team:
    registeel level 100
    deoxes level 99
    blaziken level 87
    riachu leval 34
    empoleon level 41
    lugia level 78
    TOP THAT!

29. pokefreak6464 // October 14, 2009 at 1:43 pm // Reply

oh, by the way you breed a mewtwo with a ditto for a mew. (and if you want a shiny mew 56% of the time it will be shiny, [but only if you breed a mewtwo you got from the GTS with a ditto from the GTS] and trust me, you want it shiny)

30. pokefreak6464 // October 14, 2009 at 1:35 pm // Reply

to pokemaster p, superdude, and salamance101,
    you CAN breed legendary monsters with a ditto. trust me, i have tried it. how do you think i got a level 1 mesprit, or a level 1 ho-oh.

31. pokefreak6464 // October 14, 2009 at 1:28 pm // Reply

To anyone who can help,
    Can you catch any legendary monsters that are NOT from Sinnoh such as Entei or Groudon in this game?

32. pokefreak6464 // October 14, 2009 at 1:22 pm // Reply

to specialkaye0027,
    sorry to tell ya this, but you can’t.

33. specialkaye0027 // October 11, 2009 at 6:01 am // Reply

How do you catch Infernape with out using it as a starter?

34. Pokemaster P // October 11, 2009 at 5:34 am // Reply

To Super Dude,

Almost all legendary pokemon are genderless, and that means they can’t breed.

Salamence101 is right, you should not take advice from this person ever again.

35. to salamance101: ur right! i think it was azlef u had to breed with ditto but im not so sure. wat do u think?

36. Salamence101 // October 9, 2009 at 1:50 pm // Reply

To superdude,
    I advise not taking advice from whoever you heard that from again. First of all, Mesprit can’t even breed. Second of all, even if it could, you wouldn’t get a mew.

37. Pokemaster P // October 8, 2009 at 5:38 pm // Reply

To lucaraimew,

… froggy16 answered my question months ago, people!

I know now!

38. is it true that if u breed a mespirt with a ditto you’d get a mew?

39. AR is AWESOME, it might be missing no. also, you are wrong. Action replay screwed up my gym badges so i couldn’t battle the gym leaders because they said i already defeated them even though i didn’t have the badges. also, since that happen i cannot go into the GTS anymore. action replay has its advantages and glitches.

40. Smithnmine07 // October 4, 2009 at 1:20 pm // Reply

To get deoxys you need to have captured him in ruby, sapphire, emerald, or traded one to fire red or leaf green then migrate it to diamond.

41. is it true that if u breed mespirit with ditto you’ll get a mew?

42. umm i dont own diamond but i do own pearl and i have shiny darkai charizard arceus regigigas dialga palkia manaphy and phione

43. it is fun

44. Salamence101 // October 1, 2009 at 3:24 pm // Reply

To Pokemaster P,
    sorry but that is not true either, you can beat the elite four 1,000,000 times and you still wont become a gymn leader. I don’t know where you heard that but I advise not taking their advice again.

45. Salamence101 // October 1, 2009 at 3:22 pm // Reply

To mew22,
    !??!!?!? Benco City ?!?!!!???! if that city really exist, then my favorite pokemon is Jynx (and it isn’t).

Benco city dosn’t even exist. You have wasted your time.

46. Salamence101 // October 1, 2009 at 3:20 pm // Reply

To litewave,
    The only way to get deoxys is to make a time machine and go back in time about two years and get the gamestop deoxys event :P :lol:

47. Pokemaster P // October 1, 2009 at 2:24 pm // Reply

To mew22,

Ive never heard of benco city, but ive heard you can become a gym leader and design a gym if you beat them 100 times! Ive only beaten them 3, i dont care much about the elite four.

48. How do I unlock Benco city.How many times do I have to do I have
    to beat the EliteFour.I have already beat the elite four 7 times.
    please reply by saturday.

49. sorry about that my friend is new to this whole games guru thing
    and thought that he had to use my user name.besides he already
    traded me.