Pokemon Black and White

Dear Games Guru, I thank you for all your awesome advice with all the other games. I have White and everybody else who has White has Thundarus, Landarus and Kyrem. How do I get them? Thanks!

Games Guru: This might help a bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-QKbaWJVrk

Is there any way to go to any other region?

Games Guru: No, but in Gold and Silver, I think you can go to two regions.

Is there any way to get genesect and melodetta?

Games Guru: Not legally.

Could you please explain to me what meaning Ns room has. It makes no sense.

Games Guru: There’s not much there. But you can get Rare Candy there. And you can transport back to the Center via the third floor – if you’re not ready for the final boss.

I have white and I cannot figure out how to get Thundarus, Landorus and Kyrem. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Games Guru: Catching them is quite complicated and detailed, so here are some videos to watch:

Thundarus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTAFePaJhNs

Landorus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_JvBtwTcqE

Kyrem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XNn7ssFi0g

I heard that if you complete the Unova Pokedex, you can go to the P2 lab and N will give you his Reshiram. Is this true?

Games Guru: As with many Pokemon games, this is a complex process. But you can get Reshiram, at least according to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3n3s-donzc

How do you get shiny pokemon???

Games Guru: These are the very rarest of Pokemon and are really hard to find. Here’s a simple way to find shiny Pokemon — but it takes patience, a ton of patience. When you find the area a Pokemon is in, save the game. Walk around until the Pokemon appears. If it’s not shiny, press L+R+Start+Select. This resets the game. You’ll have to keep doing this until the Shiny One appears – if you have the patience. Someone calculated that finding a shiny is about 1 chance in 8,000.

Dear Games Guru, do you have any other tips?

Games Guru: Here are a few that might help.

Snow Drifts. When winter hits Unova, explore as much as you can. Because of snow piling up, you can walk to aras that are inaccessible during other seasons. You’ll find plenty of new items and Pokemon!

Use TMs Wisely. Technical Machines now have unlimited uses. This can give you a wider spectrum of moves and help you overcome a difficult battle.

Make Friends, Help Friends. Black City and White Forest are the first version-exclusive areas in a Pokemon game. Going into a friend’s Entralink of the opposite version and speaking to the Trainers in their Black City/White Forest will sometimes let you bring that Trainer to your own town. New Trainers cause new items to appear at the shops in Black City or new Pokemon to appear in White Forest.

Striaton City Gym. Before challenging the leader at Striaton City Gym, accept the Pokemon offered to you in the Dream Yard. Upon reaching Castelia City later in the game, head to the first pier to receive a stone from the Scientist to evolve this Pokemon.

Heading to the Top. Enter the Battle Company building and work your way to a battle with the person at the back of the top floor to receive an Exp. Share.

Don’t Stay Off the Grass. Be sure to enter any shaking grass you see. Defeating the hard-to-find Pokemon that appear earns you extra experience points.

Are there any codes? If so, could you give me some?

Games Guru: I don’t have any codes yet. But here’s a good tip: You can get National Dex after defeating the Elite Four. Leave the house after the credits roll. Professor Juniper’s dad will appear to upgrade your Pokedex.

62 Comments on Pokemon Black and White

1. cobalion is at mistralton cave.(sorry i left it out on my last post.)

2. kyurem is at giant chasm and virizion is at pinwheel forest.if you want to catch volcarona, its at relic castle.

3. I got it the first day it came out. I was at the store 30 minutes before it opened. Fun game though

4. registeel2 // May 29, 2011 at 3:00 pm // Reply

Hey, sorry i haven’t benn on for a while. My computer crashed but now it’s working. Ask me anything.

• What pokeball can catch a LV.75 kyurem with red health using a LV.69 samurott?I tried an ultra,timer,and a quick ball.

• A master ball always works, but you could use a dusk ball as well, Captain Rex. That’s what I caught it with.

• lugialord114 // June 18, 2011 at 4:26 pm //

i use ultra balls and dusk balls on legendarys. for kyurem, i got it in a ultra ball

• Chimchar852 // August 3, 2011 at 2:35 pm //

I got it in a timer ball after like65 turns

5. Tip: Go to the very middle of the Giant Chasm and you will be able to battle a very powerful pokemon called Kyrum. It is level 75 and is a dragon and ice type pokemon. I caught it with a dusk ball, so I would bring lot’s of those if I were you.

6. FireTypeRocks // May 28, 2011 at 9:38 am // Reply

Does a White player here have a Reuniclus? If I catch a Gothitelle I’ll trade ya for it.

• I might have a Reuniclus. I’ll need to check. (I haven’t played the game for a while also.) If I do, I will accept your trade.

7. FireTypeRocks // May 28, 2011 at 9:35 am // Reply

How do you get to Giant Chasm?!There’s a huge strength boulder in the way,and I don’t see a waterfall like at Abundant Shrine.

• FireTypeRocks, go to the middle of the big grass area past the cavern part of the Chasm to get to Kyurem.
      Sorry I took so long to reply, you may have figuered the puzzle out by now…

8. FireTypeRocks // May 28, 2011 at 9:32 am // Reply

Hey guys, it’s FireTypeRocks again. How is BurntBacon, my Emboar you ask? AWESOME!! Lvl 71. I haven’t played for a while.

9. pokemonfreak // May 27, 2011 at 7:24 pm // Reply

guys please anweser this at opelucid city theres a guy that made this machine tht conects presnt and future or wat ever he said he says he needs a pokemon fromtheres charge please tell me if u know thank u

• To pokemonfreak:
      What you have to do is find a person who has Pokemon Black. Ask them if they have caught a pokemon that knows the move Charge. If they say yes, than trade a pokemon for it. Then take it to the guy in Opelcuid City and give the pokemon to him. If you do so, tell me what happens,please!!!

• super mario // May 31, 2011 at 3:47 pm //

Actually, I’ve done it and the guy gives you a cell battery, which increases your Pokemon’s attack when it’s hit by an electric type move

10. This is my team
    Dialga-level 90
    Palkia-level 92
    Arceus-level 100
    Arceus-level 100
    Darkrai-level 100
    Mewtwo-level 100

11. I like this game and im going to get it soon.

12. my embor has 170 hp i added 2 energy cards to it

13. cool!!!

14. Regigigas500 // May 24, 2011 at 8:42 pm // Reply

Tip: Dont soft reset to get a shiny zekrom reshiram or victini they will never be shiny

15. Pikachu123 // May 23, 2011 at 5:42 pm // Reply

I have a level 83 emboar!

16. charadude01 // May 22, 2011 at 7:36 pm // Reply

on my black i caught thondurus!

17. Rate my team 1-10
    Samurott lv. 90
    Volocarona lv. 73
    Mamoswine lv. 64
    Rosersade lv. 56
    Swellow lv. 57
    Haxorus lv. 58

18. Have a tip for you guys: If you bring Celebi over to the Game Freak Building in Castelia City, you can catch Zorua, who has taken form of a boy. Also, you don’t even need to battle it. Just come to the Game Freak Building with a Celebi and one open spot in your party.

19. pokemonfreak // May 21, 2011 at 11:09 pm // Reply

my friend and other friends pick oshawott amd most kids at my church plays pokemon and im like the thrid best trainer also all of the kids got oshawott and the other kid that dont go to my church named his samurott king osh lol

• Pokemon is awesome!!! I’m glad that you have friends that like the video games. I know 1 person who is intersted in Pokemon, but he doesn’t play the game. He collects the cards. The only person I have to battle is my brother, and he always stalls when I want to battle him.

• ZekromWhite // May 29, 2011 at 6:54 pm // Reply

Tell them Snivy is a better choice because it has a lot of Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense, and Speed. Samurott has good HP and Sp atk, and Emboar has good Hp, and Attack

20. see my team Zekrom Lv58 Serperior Lv88 Dialga Lv100 Blaziken Lv100 Emboar Lv67 Giratina Lv100

21. My name is Comet. If you also posted in the Soul Silver column you would probably know me. I’ll be answering your questions too. Just reply to this comment and I’ll answer your questions. I’ve got a lot more time on my hands since tomorrow’s my last day of school. Tip: For those of you who want to get a Musharna, but don’t want to evolve there Munna,go to the Dreamyard and you will not only find a wild Musharna,you will also find on of the Seven Sages.

• pokemaster107 // May 20, 2011 at 6:04 pm // Reply

yes but only on fridays does it appear(musharna) You can tel im good at this game because i completed the unova dex including kyurem and ladorus

22. pokemonfreak // May 18, 2011 at 6:48 pm // Reply

hey its me pokemon freak i gotten stronger so rate my team and ask me any thing p.s.raitngs is one to ten samurott lv93 volcranolv75 diaglalv79 zekromlv65 dont u think its underlv? deoxysspeed form lv76 kyuremlv82

23. fire pokemon = awsome!!!! // May 17, 2011 at 8:36 pm // Reply

rate my team
    1.zekrom lvl 59
    2.emboar lvl 73
    3.pupitar lvl 50
    4.cobalion lvl 49
    5.gligar lvl 49
    6.fearow lvl 48

i have only blacked out about 3 or 4 times (but never dering eleit 4 or battleing N!!! !!!!!!)

24. pokemon master // May 17, 2011 at 7:20 pm // Reply

I know 3 pokemon the not many people know they are 647 keldo(water & fighting),657 meloetta(aria form,psychic & normal type and pirouette form normal & fighting type) and genosect(bug & fighting type).

• Hey Games Guru,
      You know that black boat at the Castelia City harbour? It only appears sometimes. What is it? Does it have anything to do with the game?

• pokemonfreak // May 26, 2011 at 4:45 pm //

i know its team plasmas and i guess it has something to do with genesect its still a mystrey i suppose one time i was waiting for the black boat to move but its to boring

• Genosect is bug and steel.

• I have heard about them also. I don’t know much about Meloetta, but I know that Keldo is part of the Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion group. And I know that Genesect is some weird ultimate pokemon that Team Plasma reincarnated from a fossil, trying to make the ultimate Pokemon. To obtain these Pokemon, you have to go to events,but Nintendo has not yet revealed where the events will take place.

• pokemonfreak // May 26, 2011 at 4:38 pm // Reply

hey i know them too im keeping my fingers crossed for no summer evnts because im going to anther country also they said that genesects was modified mt team plasma on a website that i forgot about also i think genesct events coming out in like 2013 thats weird also melltoa is o.6 m tall

25. Where do u find the 7 sages?

• 7 sages locations: