Super Smash Bros Melee

Can you unlock anybody after Mr. Game and Watch?

Games Guru: When you’ve unlocked Mr. Game and Watch, you’ve come to the end. That’s all you can unlock.

How do you get Mr. Gamewatch, Giga Bowser, Pichu and that falcon guy who is Fox’s partner on GameCube?

Games Guru: Let me start by admitting that this is one great game I would love to play well, but I stink at it. To get Falco, beat the 100-man melee mode and defeat Falco, and he is yours. To get Mr. Gamewatch, beat the Classic or Test Target mode with all characters, then win the Gamewatch battle afterward.

Is there a way to unlock Charmander, Koopatroopa, Perin, Sonic, Tails or any characters other than the original 24?

Games Guru: There are an extra dozen characters, though I am not familiar with ways to unlock any of the ones you have listed. I do not know any codes. You earn them all by winning battles.

How do I unlock every character, pokemon and trophies?

Games Guru: Um, could we narrow the question down to a single character or trophy?

How do you unlock past stages in this game?

Games Guru: Each stage has its own requirements. Should you want to unlock the big blue stage, for instance, you must fight 150 matches in VS. Mode nonstop. Is there one particular stage, or even a couple, that you want to unlock?

Is there a debug mode in this game or some secret codes?

Games Guru: In the tradition of all things Nintendo, Super Smash Bros. Melee has approximately 16 billion hidden and unlockable characters, arenas and trophies. I don’t know about a debug mode or any hidden abilities, but I do know how you can get unlimited scope gun ammo: Shoot 15 regular shots. Shoot two fully charged shots, then let someone hit you before firing a third fully charged shot. Fire that third shot, and you should have unlimited scope gun ammo.

How do you get Mewtwo, instead of playing VS mode?

Games Guru: The only way I know to unlock Mewtwo is to play 20 hours or 700 matches in VS mode, then beat him when he challenges you.

Who’s the hottest character to fight with?

Games Guru: Give Samus a try. Mario and Donkey Kong are great characters to start out with because they are more balanced, but once you have command of all of Samus’s moves, she is tough!

I am having trouble with the home-run contest. I can’t seem to get Captain Falcon to make Sandbag go farther than 200 feet. Do you have some tips and tricks for me?

Games Guru: Bad news. Captain Falcon is not a strong choice in the home-run contest because he tends to send things straight up instead of out. You might want to try another character.

How do you beat event match 51, The Showdown?

Games Guru: There are a number of strategies to help you in this very difficult challenge. You can, for instance, use Princess Peach’s floating jump to avoid enemies by floating from one edge of the platform to the other, hopefully escaping injury and getting a chance to pick up weapons and fight. Just remember, this level is not easy.

How do I get to the Final Destination Stage?

Games Guru: To unlock Level 12, the Final Destination Stage, you must clear all 51 Event Matches.

I’ve heard when you finish shooting the credits, you can unlock Toad. I’m wondering if that’s right?

Games Guru: I have heard of people unlocking Link, Luigi, Ganondorf and Jigglypuff, but I’ve never heard of anybody unlocking Toad.

1,587 Comments on Super Smash Bros Melee

1. THX 1138 (jonbuddy) // June 12, 2009 at 10:45 am // Reply

Do you have to play 20 hours straight to unlock Mewtwo? Or do you just play 20 hours accumulative?

2. THX 1138 (jonbuddy) // June 12, 2009 at 10:42 am // Reply

I unlocked Young Link yesterday. Beat Classic w/ 10 different characters and he’s yours after you beat him. (You battle him on Termina Bay with the Giant Turtle)

3. meleemaster // May 27, 2009 at 10:05 pm // Reply

there are no special characters past mr. game and watch.

4. What do Roy and Perin look like?

P.S. I do not have the game but it sounds awesome!

5. sonic is cool // May 21, 2009 at 8:01 pm // Reply

to jj: PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION. how did you get sonic

6. can you get toad

7. shadowroy64 // May 13, 2009 at 6:32 am // Reply

Okay here i am in front of a situation with people who think they have sonic and the smart people that know he is not on there.
    To super sonic,
    Pratice some more to get up to his level by fighting as mario vs bowser in melee mode for about 6 times at about level 5,6, or level 7.

8. Anonymous // May 9, 2009 at 3:33 pm // Reply

Is it at 1 player mode?

9. Treeckoman // May 9, 2009 at 3:32 pm // Reply

To link is awsome. At witch credits witch mode?

10. link is awsome // May 5, 2009 at 1:27 pm // Reply

that game is AWSOME! my advice on the home run contest use ganondorf hes super strong! and i did unlock toad a long time ago at the end of the credits press A then C up then B and thats all i remember but he is unlockable

11. Super Sonic // May 3, 2009 at 8:25 am // Reply

NEWS FLASH! A new LEGO game is coming out for DS, DS lite, and the DSi! It’s like Super Smash Bros. but with LEGO characters! I forgot what It’s called, but I do know when It’s coming out! It’s coming out about May 9th. I don’t remember If it’s that date or not. P.S. I’m doing that mewtwo thing to unlock him.

12. waligi time i got sonic and tails first get all 25 charatures then vers master hand on very hard but first what you have to do is get to a real cheat that tells you

13. it took me a long time to figer out how i got sonic and tails beat creul meele with 20 charatures. Or get sonic or tails trophie or blew on your memery card 40 and you got him

14. kirby's cool // April 6, 2009 at 6:27 pm // Reply

Try being kirby and sucking people up, then jumping off the edge of the level with them in your mouth. You’ll win if it’s just you and someone else playing!

15. EMud the Penguin // April 4, 2009 at 6:28 am // Reply

Sonic shouldn’t be a character since he’s from SEGA not Nintendo.

16. super sonic 10 // March 26, 2009 at 7:17 pm // Reply

its easy to get Mr. games all you have to do is play all 23 characters on classic mode

17. sonic is unlockable i have him

18. i have answers.i unlocked all the characters.

19. yoshimario64 // March 23, 2009 at 7:03 pm // Reply

use yoshi jakdatiger in homerun contest to get that stage get over 1500ft

20. is there any more super smash bros

21. do yall know what mew does in melee

22. Unbeatable Link // March 9, 2009 at 7:53 pm // Reply

Oh and if u want to unlock Luigi, Just go to very easy mode and set 5 lives on adventure mode. get the time to 2 seconds on any time u are on like this for example. (3:12:89). get the time to 2 seconds at least then u will fight luigi. thats all u need to know to unlock Luigi.

23. Unbeatable Link // March 9, 2009 at 7:49 pm // Reply

I know how to unlock Dr. Mario. just choose very easy mode on classic and set to 5 lives with Mario. Just don’t get a continue then u will face him. he is pretty easy to beat in very easy mode. This is my advice.

24. how do you unlock mr, game and watch

25. Knuckels the Enchilda // March 8, 2009 at 7:49 pm // Reply

YOU CAN’T GET SONIC IN SUPER SMASH BROS.MELEE

26. just so evry1 nose u cant unlok sonic charicters on Super Smash Bros. Melee.

27. Waluigi time! // March 7, 2009 at 4:46 pm // Reply

To sonic 135, you can play as Sonic in the new game “Super Smash bros. Brawl.” In regards to your question, no you cannot play as Master Hand and Crazy Hand. It would be cool if you could though.

28. is it true that u can use the hands as characters?

29. i wish sonic was in super smash bros because i get tired of using those other guys!

30. To get Jigglypuff in melee you have to beat adventure mode once.

31. you cant get toad cuz hes a peach move!!

32. I wonder if you can get sonic on ssbm somebody please tell me how I just figured it out deafet 20 enemies in cruel melee that’s how you unlock the worlds fastest hedgehog sonic!!!!!!!!!

33. super smash bros melee how you get all the characters

34. I just want to be Super Sonic. On The event “Time for a check-up”, Dr. Mario & Peach, and me, were falling off a cliff and I thought I would fail, but they fell and died before me! That was wierd!

35. super peach 11 // January 24, 2009 at 7:52 pm // Reply

i forgot the dark in joanna dark !

36. super peach 11 // January 24, 2009 at 7:49 pm // Reply

is it true that sarin & joanna are unockable players ? p.s how many charecters are on super smash bros. melee ?

37. shadow & peach // January 24, 2009 at 7:41 pm // Reply

do you get shadow on ssbm ?

38. shadow & peach // January 24, 2009 at 7:39 pm // Reply

we do not know how to get shadow & sarin.

39. in brawl if you want to unlock every character just do the subspace emissary and when you are done you will have everybody to get toon link after you beat the game got to the forest first door you see go in it tonn link is yours after you beat him and wolf just aboutthe same way just go to iseiki ruins and after the platform dissapears fall all the way down and enter the door after you have beaten the game

40. Super Sonic X // January 20, 2009 at 5:45 pm // Reply

THIS IS MY NEW NICKNAME! I’M SUPER SONIC!

41. Waluigi time! // January 20, 2009 at 4:13 pm // Reply

To Marth509, You get him by brawling a total of 20 hours. (That’s how I got him)

42. OMG I CANNOT BEAT THE EVENT MATCH 51 (THE SHOWDOWN) IT IS TO HARD!!!!!

43. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!, AND NO SONIC IS NOT IN THIS ONE, BUT I WISH HE WAS.BECAUSE HE ROCKS!!!!

44. this game is so awesome but i wish that we can unlock more characters like SONIC or something like that but yeah other than that this game is one of my favorite and my two favorite characters are LINK and ROY!!!!!!!!!

45. How do i get MEW2 in ssbm (super smash bros.melee?)

46. I like the giant kirby you might face in adventure mode. It’s smile is cute! How do you unlock the 64 kirby stage that you face the giant kirby on? I WANT THAT STAGE AND MUSIC SO BAD!

47. eagleorbust // January 6, 2009 at 4:15 pm // Reply

hey jordan666,

sonic is not in super smash bros. melee and (in case you’re wondering) docter mario is not in SSBB (super smash bros brawl)

48. sonic is the hardest character to unlock and docter mario is the easyest

49. Sonic13,
    one of my friends unlocked Dr. Mario for me. so never mind.

50. Waluigi time! // December 30, 2008 at 4:13 pm // Reply

Jakdatiger, My advice to you on the Trophy Tussle Majoras Mask level would be to stay in between the two horns on the head and attack your opponents. (That way its not as hard for them to KO you because there is something their to support you). As for the Yoshi’s Island stage, I got it by getting to over 5000 on the Home Run Contest.

Hope this helps!