Super Smash Bros Melee

Can you unlock anybody after Mr. Game and Watch?

Games Guru: When you’ve unlocked Mr. Game and Watch, you’ve come to the end. That’s all you can unlock.

How do you get Mr. Gamewatch, Giga Bowser, Pichu and that falcon guy who is Fox’s partner on GameCube?

Games Guru: Let me start by admitting that this is one great game I would love to play well, but I stink at it. To get Falco, beat the 100-man melee mode and defeat Falco, and he is yours. To get Mr. Gamewatch, beat the Classic or Test Target mode with all characters, then win the Gamewatch battle afterward.

Is there a way to unlock Charmander, Koopatroopa, Perin, Sonic, Tails or any characters other than the original 24?

Games Guru: There are an extra dozen characters, though I am not familiar with ways to unlock any of the ones you have listed. I do not know any codes. You earn them all by winning battles.

How do I unlock every character, pokemon and trophies?

Games Guru: Um, could we narrow the question down to a single character or trophy?

How do you unlock past stages in this game?

Games Guru: Each stage has its own requirements. Should you want to unlock the big blue stage, for instance, you must fight 150 matches in VS. Mode nonstop. Is there one particular stage, or even a couple, that you want to unlock?

Is there a debug mode in this game or some secret codes?

Games Guru: In the tradition of all things Nintendo, Super Smash Bros. Melee has approximately 16 billion hidden and unlockable characters, arenas and trophies. I don’t know about a debug mode or any hidden abilities, but I do know how you can get unlimited scope gun ammo: Shoot 15 regular shots. Shoot two fully charged shots, then let someone hit you before firing a third fully charged shot. Fire that third shot, and you should have unlimited scope gun ammo.

How do you get Mewtwo, instead of playing VS mode?

Games Guru: The only way I know to unlock Mewtwo is to play 20 hours or 700 matches in VS mode, then beat him when he challenges you.

Who’s the hottest character to fight with?

Games Guru: Give Samus a try. Mario and Donkey Kong are great characters to start out with because they are more balanced, but once you have command of all of Samus’s moves, she is tough!

I am having trouble with the home-run contest. I can’t seem to get Captain Falcon to make Sandbag go farther than 200 feet. Do you have some tips and tricks for me?

Games Guru: Bad news. Captain Falcon is not a strong choice in the home-run contest because he tends to send things straight up instead of out. You might want to try another character.

How do you beat event match 51, The Showdown?

Games Guru: There are a number of strategies to help you in this very difficult challenge. You can, for instance, use Princess Peach’s floating jump to avoid enemies by floating from one edge of the platform to the other, hopefully escaping injury and getting a chance to pick up weapons and fight. Just remember, this level is not easy.

How do I get to the Final Destination Stage?

Games Guru: To unlock Level 12, the Final Destination Stage, you must clear all 51 Event Matches.

I’ve heard when you finish shooting the credits, you can unlock Toad. I’m wondering if that’s right?

Games Guru: I have heard of people unlocking Link, Luigi, Ganondorf and Jigglypuff, but I’ve never heard of anybody unlocking Toad.

81 Comments on Super Smash Bros Melee

1. How do you unlock gondorf

2. TO unlock lugi have most charters done on adventure

3. you can unlock toad all you have to do is clear adventure at any time or shoot all the credits but it is very hard to do.
    but how can you shoot all of them?

4. you can unlock toad by hitting all the targets in classic mode and finishing both classic and adventure mode.

• who told u that because he/she lied to u

• how do you unlock koopa troopa,knuckles,tails

• you can unlock master hand by play more more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        points in 1 player game 2,000 points if you play 2 players get points is 300 play coins down to green picture then you can play all people same time then you can play 4 players then if you get 300 points who ever wins like 1,2,3,4,players then you can unlock master hand now if you get toad,sonic.

5. do you unlock anything or get a trophy by shooting all the credits because it seems nearly impossible

6. Marth,Roy,Link,and Mewtwo fan // December 22, 2009 at 4:49 pm // Reply

This game is amazing but if the makers of Super Smash Brothers Melee put in the Super Smash Ball the game would have been a whole lot better.but still the game is awesome. If anybody likes Marth, Roy,Link,or Mewtwo, please write comments about the characters that I have typed up. AND IF ANYBODY OUT IN THE WORLD KNOWS ANY CHEATS FOR SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE I WOULD BE GALD TO KNOW OF THESE CHEATS. Marth,Roy,Link,and Mewtwo rule! Rock on Super Smash Brothers Melee and Brawl fans.

• You are absolutely right about those being four awesome characters. My favorite and best character is definitely Link, because when I play as link I am completely undefeated. Marth and Roy are also awesome characters too that I am really good with. Mewtwo is also pretty cool to , but I having quite perfected all of his moves yet, but I am definitely working on it.

• I like Roy and Marth. Mewtwo is okay, though.

7. Charmander I believe is a Pokemon power-up, Koopa Troopa is in Adventure mode, I have no clue who Perin is, Sonic is in Brawl, and Tails you just can’t get.

8. Hurricane1973 // December 16, 2009 at 9:54 pm // Reply

To get Ganondorf you complete the event called “Triforce gathering” or somethin close to that.I thinkm its number 30 or 31.

9. Hurricane1973 // December 16, 2009 at 9:52 pm // Reply

SONIC IS NOT IN THE GAME!!! NIETHER IS TOAD OR DAISY!!!!!!!!

10. C. Falcon fan // December 16, 2009 at 9:47 am // Reply

what is an easier way to unlock sonic?

11. sonic is in melee and i am not lying

12. Hi does any one know how to unlock ganon? thanks!

13. can i play the game

14. YOU CANNOT PLAY AS A HAND,I TRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. i had this one round with a big tree but then i had a power out how can i get it again

16. is sonic really on mario super smash bros with tails, knuckles ,and shadow are they all on it please sombody help me game guru answer me

17. Master Hand P3 tell us more about playing as Master Hand!

18. If you make Peach yellow she will look like Daisy and Peach’s b attack puts out a Toad.There are no acual Toad and Daisy fighters.

19. I have all of the people and there is NO Daisy or Toad

20. Hi you guy I’m back and found a new cheat I know how to play as master hand and it true Waligi time

21. Hurricane1973 // November 13, 2009 at 5:31 pm // Reply

Hey I just got super smash bros melee please help me out

22. Waluigi time! // November 11, 2009 at 11:04 pm // Reply

Master Hand P3, What do you mean, put Player Twos hand on back? Do you mean you get to play as Master Hand?

23. Waluigi time! // November 11, 2009 at 11:01 pm // Reply

Anonymous, You cant get Toad in this game. Like Sonic and Tails Toad was another hoax put on by the nintendo company or someone, that u can unlock him by shooting all the credits in the end, but is impossible!!

24. how do you unlock fountain of dreams past stages

25. ive unlocked all characters i just cant beat all event matches

26. I love this game

27. How do i get all of the stages?

28. To unlock Pichu, complete event match 37 or play 300 vs mo matches.

29. how to get toad inssbm

30. super sonic to unlock mewtwo you have to rack up 20 hours of playing time

31. GUYS! I’ve unlocked evey character exept mewtwo and mr. game and watch.

32. play adventur or classick on one player

33. Master Hand P3 // August 17, 2009 at 11:35 am // Reply

TO USE THE HANDS IN MULTIPLAYER MODE, YOU HAVE TO ONLY HAVE A CONTROLLER IN SLOT 2 AND 3. SELECTA CHARACTER WITH PLAYER 2. THEN PUT PLAYER TWOS HAND ON BACK.DONT PRESS IT YET.PUT PLAYER THREES HAND ON THE NAME ENTRY BOX. THAT IS THE LITTLE BLACK BOX ON THE CHARACTER SELECT CARD.SO PRESS A ON THE BLACK BOX. THEN PUT HAND ON NAME ENTRY.DONT PRESS YET. NOW PLAYER 2 AND 3 PRESS A AT THE SAME TIME.IF DONE CORRECTELY YOU WILL BE AT STAGE SELECT.SELECT STAGE. P3 WILL PLAY AS HANDS. this works!!!

34. This actually works!!!! this cheat by GAMEMAKER. “TO USE THE HANDS IN MULTIPLAYER MODE, YOU HAVE TO ONLY HAVE A CONTROLLER IN SLOT 2 AND 3. SELECTA CHARACTER WITH PLAYER 2. THEN PUT PLAYER TWOS HAND ON BACK.DONT PRESS IT YET.PUT PLAYER THREES HAND ON THE NAME ENTRY BOX. THAT IS THE LITTLE BLACK BOX ON THE CHARACTER SELECT CARD.SO PRESS A ON THE BLACK BOX. THEN PUT HAND ON NAME ENTRY.DONT PRESS YET. NOW PLAYER 2 AND 3 PRESS A AT THE SAME TIME.IF DONE CORRECTELY YOU WILL BE AT STAGE SELECT.SELECT STAGE. P3 WILL PLAY AS HANDS.”

35. has anyone actually shot every credit? how many are there? do you unlock toad? do you unlock anything else?

36. Can you unlock Daisy cuz i heard all you have to do is do 30 battles with Peach or do 30 battles with Luigi all in one day!

37. Can you unlock Daisy cuz i heard all you have to do is do 30 battles with Peach or do 30 battles with Luigi all in one day!

38. you can’t unlock sonic or tails in melee

39. How can unlock sonic and tails PLEASE.

40. flagnod101 // July 23, 2009 at 10:38 pm // Reply

how do u unlock lugia

41. sonic is cool // July 19, 2009 at 7:52 pm // Reply

be dk do 15 minute meele only use down b to unlock new stage. ps it’s past stages konga jungle. ROCKS!

42. Mewtwo Man // July 14, 2009 at 9:45 pm // Reply

to unlock mewtwo your combined vs match total must be 700 alltogether or play a total of 20 hours on vs mode

43. Yamaha dude // July 4, 2009 at 3:47 pm // Reply

Super sudden death melee, use Luigi, its fun what u do 2 him.

44. GAMEMAKER // July 3, 2009 at 2:33 am // Reply

45. to unlock luigi, finish the first part of adventure mode with two seconds left, then finish adventure mode and beat him

46. the easyest way to beat 100 man melee is use mario like melee king said dr. mario donkey kong and young link

47. melee king // June 25, 2009 at 8:01 pm // Reply

whats the easyest way to beat all 100 man melee to unlock falco what character should i use last time i used dr. mario and got down to 54 guys left can some give me some tips.

48. triple guy // June 25, 2009 at 7:57 pm // Reply

can you unlock any other guys or just stop getting new guys after mr. game in watch.

49. ElectricalTy // June 20, 2009 at 7:14 am // Reply

IT IS SO HARD TO GET TO GIGA BOWSER (to fight giga bowser defeat the last mission on event or 2nd last on event)

50. Play 20 cumulative hrs. to get Mewtwo (just leave the gamecube on all day)