Super Smash Bros Melee

Can you unlock anybody after Mr. Game and Watch?

Games Guru: When you’ve unlocked Mr. Game and Watch, you’ve come to the end. That’s all you can unlock.

How do you get Mr. Gamewatch, Giga Bowser, Pichu and that falcon guy who is Fox’s partner on GameCube?

Games Guru: Let me start by admitting that this is one great game I would love to play well, but I stink at it. To get Falco, beat the 100-man melee mode and defeat Falco, and he is yours. To get Mr. Gamewatch, beat the Classic or Test Target mode with all characters, then win the Gamewatch battle afterward.

Is there a way to unlock Charmander, Koopatroopa, Perin, Sonic, Tails or any characters other than the original 24?

Games Guru: There are an extra dozen characters, though I am not familiar with ways to unlock any of the ones you have listed. I do not know any codes. You earn them all by winning battles.

How do I unlock every character, pokemon and trophies?

Games Guru: Um, could we narrow the question down to a single character or trophy?

How do you unlock past stages in this game?

Games Guru: Each stage has its own requirements. Should you want to unlock the big blue stage, for instance, you must fight 150 matches in VS. Mode nonstop. Is there one particular stage, or even a couple, that you want to unlock?

Is there a debug mode in this game or some secret codes?

Games Guru: In the tradition of all things Nintendo, Super Smash Bros. Melee has approximately 16 billion hidden and unlockable characters, arenas and trophies. I don’t know about a debug mode or any hidden abilities, but I do know how you can get unlimited scope gun ammo: Shoot 15 regular shots. Shoot two fully charged shots, then let someone hit you before firing a third fully charged shot. Fire that third shot, and you should have unlimited scope gun ammo.

How do you get Mewtwo, instead of playing VS mode?

Games Guru: The only way I know to unlock Mewtwo is to play 20 hours or 700 matches in VS mode, then beat him when he challenges you.

Who’s the hottest character to fight with?

Games Guru: Give Samus a try. Mario and Donkey Kong are great characters to start out with because they are more balanced, but once you have command of all of Samus’s moves, she is tough!

I am having trouble with the home-run contest. I can’t seem to get Captain Falcon to make Sandbag go farther than 200 feet. Do you have some tips and tricks for me?

Games Guru: Bad news. Captain Falcon is not a strong choice in the home-run contest because he tends to send things straight up instead of out. You might want to try another character.

How do you beat event match 51, The Showdown?

Games Guru: There are a number of strategies to help you in this very difficult challenge. You can, for instance, use Princess Peach’s floating jump to avoid enemies by floating from one edge of the platform to the other, hopefully escaping injury and getting a chance to pick up weapons and fight. Just remember, this level is not easy.

How do I get to the Final Destination Stage?

Games Guru: To unlock Level 12, the Final Destination Stage, you must clear all 51 Event Matches.

I’ve heard when you finish shooting the credits, you can unlock Toad. I’m wondering if that’s right?

Games Guru: I have heard of people unlocking Link, Luigi, Ganondorf and Jigglypuff, but I’ve never heard of anybody unlocking Toad.

1,587 Comments on Super Smash Bros Melee

1. I wish I had that game. :(

2. R.O.B was on melee

3. ProjectTermina // July 28, 2011 at 3:10 pm // Reply

Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff, and Marth are some of the most commonly used characters in tournament play because they are very good. However you should try to develop your own fighting style and see which characters work best for you. For example, I am best with Falco and Dr. Mario.

4. Suzukiboy // May 15, 2011 at 4:45 pm // Reply

Hey #1 link, those trophies you mentioned were part of a promotional event for melee in japan and if you werent there you can only get them thru hacking

5. super shadic // April 5, 2011 at 2:47 pm // Reply

i wish you could get goku and sonic and also shadic and shadow.

6. I love super smash bros

7. 2 things can u unlock toad and what r the unlockable charectors in this game???????

• No, you cannot unlock Toad, that was a hoax. You can unlock Luigi, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Falco, Young Link, Pichu, and Roy.

8. black shadow // February 25, 2011 at 1:28 am // Reply

STOP TELLING PEOPLE YOU CANT UNLOCK MORE CHARECTERS!!!shadow is like my favorite video game charecter i realy want to unlock him so if anyone knows the real way to unlock him or at least sonic let me know right away

9. i beat the game with walugi!(sorry about spelling)

10. There is a glitch to be Master Hand! First plug one controller in as player 3 and the other as palyer 1. Then go to stamina mode and chose a charcter for player 1 but not for 3. Then move player 1’s hand to BACK and move player 3’s hand to the NAME ENTRY button. This is very hard but press A on both controllers at the same time. You will go to stage selction. pick s tage and ur done! (It glitches a lot though.) Also i may be A and B at the same time on both controllers or B. I kinda forget!

11. The unlocking toad by shooting all the credits theory is a fake! Some magazine said you could unlock sonic and tails but that was an April fools joke! Perin is jigglypuff’s japanese name! Koopa’s a charcter in adventure!

12. what are the unlock characters????? and is this a good game??? plz tell asap

13. Im A MASTER at Smash Bros. Melee, BUT I never seen Sonic, Toad, or Daisy, OR Tails.

• Daisy is in it because when you select peach press x or y and you will see daisy’s outfit so thats daisy

14. I like pichu the best because his electricity attacks are much stronger than pikachu’s, even though they do damage to pichu himself when he uses them

15. wii is better

16. melee is a great game

17. I think that the F-Zero race track (the original one, not the one you unlock) had awesome music, so soon I’m probably going to record it with my mp3 player.

18. this game is hard to play.
    Brawl is amazing.

19. how do you unlock the hands

please tell me

20. superawesome // July 30, 2010 at 12:16 pm // Reply

how do u u unlock pebble

21. How to unlock sonic and tails in ssbm real please

22. can you get Dr.Mario?

23. To anybody who has a Wii and has played Super Smash Bros. Melee: Can u use a GameCube memory card on the Wii? My friend told me you can (He has a GameCube, by the way), but I’m still a little skeptical. Tell me asap.

24. I need help unlocking more characters

25. Anybody know how to beat event 50 with Ganondorf?

26. What other characters can you unlock on the gamecube other than Roy,mr.game&watch,etc.?

27. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is better

28. FalconMK-47 // May 24, 2010 at 3:37 pm // Reply

can I unlock ichigo from bleach in “Super Smash Bros Melee”

29. I can make a black hole

30. Oh, and charmander isnt in the game either, though Charizard is playable in Brawl

31. Pebble, sonic, tails, knuckles, koopa troopa, toad,and naruto are not playable in this game. perin is the japanese name for jigglypuff and sonic, wolf and snake are all in Brawl.

32. I know how to get tabuu all u have to do is beat adventure mode with koopa sonic perin on impossible of higher to get impossible u have to beat event 50 under 52.99 seconds then it will say BOSSE’S APROCING then do all-star ffiix bosses beta then it will after u beat the last 1 tabuu will say prepare to die beat him hes urs

33. I know how to get tabuu

34. MoneyMan17 // April 29, 2010 at 7:43 pm // Reply

you can unlock the original 24 or 25 characters Koopa troopa,perin,toad,and sonic thats what i heard

35. Archeopteryx // April 29, 2010 at 5:48 am // Reply

A friend who has this game has extra characters such as snake. To beat the final level, use yoshi. You can jump up and kick really fast. Also there is a super-character called pebble that exists. I’m not sure how you unlock him, but if you press A repeatedly, it makes instant killing shockwaves and B morphs him into a giant rolling boulder. Pebble lives!!!

36. Man in Black // April 24, 2010 at 12:39 pm // Reply

To mario.4563, The theory of being able to unlock Toad by shooting all the credits, is a hoax just like the Sonic and Tails hoax. You can’t get them. After unlocking Game&Watch you have unlocked all possible characters.

• sonic is in the game! to get him beat adventure mode

• Sonic or Tails could not be in the game because they were made by Sega. When this game was made in 2001, Nintendo and Sega were still rivals. Sega’s console was the Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo’s console was the Nintendo Gamecube. So there. Now it is confirmed.

37. mario.4563 // April 21, 2010 at 8:16 am // Reply

how do u bet every thing on melee

38. mario.4563 // March 29, 2010 at 8:34 am // Reply

how do i unlock toad or is it true

39. mario.4563 // March 29, 2010 at 8:31 am // Reply

how do unlock all stages i need help!!!!!!!!!!

40. i now haw to unlk naruto

41. Man can 1 of u telll me how 2 unlock sonic plz

42. you have to go to two player and choose a character you want to fight on the first player slot and plug a different controller in the third player slot. then click on the name thing in the third player slot and go down to name entry with the third player. than with the controller in slot one go to the back button on the top right of the screen with both of the controllers in your hand press a at the same time and then the stage selection screen will pop up than go where you want to go, and bam your masterhand than use the arrow dial thingy below the control stick and use z,y,r,l,x,a, and b to do his tricks.

43. i know how to be masterhand

44. acshualy yor,e doing it wrong it is to unlock sonic you must complete classic with roy at the credits press ryrx and bang he arives warning knux and tails help so be careful sonic can turn into SUPERSONIC!

• mobianangel123456789 // March 7, 2010 at 2:42 pm // Reply

can you help me unlock sonic,google isn’t any help.i read your comment before and i tried it and it doesn’t work!

45. yes my last comment was the easy way of unlocking TOAD.

46. there is another way to unlock TOAD it is…to play a mario vs peach vs match when peach does the TOAD atack make mario go to peach and grab peach instead of grabbing peach you will grab TOAD then he will join the battle and hit mario when the match ends you will then challenge TOAD (make sure they are 2 players) beat him and the big top man is ready to roll!

47. How do you get the unmasked Samus trophy and the Mario riding Yoshi trophy? I saw pictures of them on a game cheat website, but it didn’t say how to get them.

48. Theres supposed to be some mega-character called pebble. For gamecube, B makes him super big, and repeatedly pressing A makes a super shockwave that automatically kills anything. My friend knows someone who got it, but I don’t know how to get it.

49. I can help anyone one I even have Wolf

50. to anoamas i went online the other day and i trid to unlok sonic but i culed not un loke him oh one more thing use dk [donkey kong]to beat multi man mele.

1 28 29 30 31