Super Smash Bros Melee

Can you unlock anybody after Mr. Game and Watch?

Games Guru: When you’ve unlocked Mr. Game and Watch, you’ve come to the end. That’s all you can unlock.

How do you get Mr. Gamewatch, Giga Bowser, Pichu and that falcon guy who is Fox’s partner on GameCube?

Games Guru: Let me start by admitting that this is one great game I would love to play well, but I stink at it. To get Falco, beat the 100-man melee mode and defeat Falco, and he is yours. To get Mr. Gamewatch, beat the Classic or Test Target mode with all characters, then win the Gamewatch battle afterward.

Is there a way to unlock Charmander, Koopatroopa, Perin, Sonic, Tails or any characters other than the original 24?

Games Guru: There are an extra dozen characters, though I am not familiar with ways to unlock any of the ones you have listed. I do not know any codes. You earn them all by winning battles.

How do I unlock every character, pokemon and trophies?

Games Guru: Um, could we narrow the question down to a single character or trophy?

How do you unlock past stages in this game?

Games Guru: Each stage has its own requirements. Should you want to unlock the big blue stage, for instance, you must fight 150 matches in VS. Mode nonstop. Is there one particular stage, or even a couple, that you want to unlock?

Is there a debug mode in this game or some secret codes?

Games Guru: In the tradition of all things Nintendo, Super Smash Bros. Melee has approximately 16 billion hidden and unlockable characters, arenas and trophies. I don’t know about a debug mode or any hidden abilities, but I do know how you can get unlimited scope gun ammo: Shoot 15 regular shots. Shoot two fully charged shots, then let someone hit you before firing a third fully charged shot. Fire that third shot, and you should have unlimited scope gun ammo.

How do you get Mewtwo, instead of playing VS mode?

Games Guru: The only way I know to unlock Mewtwo is to play 20 hours or 700 matches in VS mode, then beat him when he challenges you.

Who’s the hottest character to fight with?

Games Guru: Give Samus a try. Mario and Donkey Kong are great characters to start out with because they are more balanced, but once you have command of all of Samus’s moves, she is tough!

I am having trouble with the home-run contest. I can’t seem to get Captain Falcon to make Sandbag go farther than 200 feet. Do you have some tips and tricks for me?

Games Guru: Bad news. Captain Falcon is not a strong choice in the home-run contest because he tends to send things straight up instead of out. You might want to try another character.

How do you beat event match 51, The Showdown?

Games Guru: There are a number of strategies to help you in this very difficult challenge. You can, for instance, use Princess Peach’s floating jump to avoid enemies by floating from one edge of the platform to the other, hopefully escaping injury and getting a chance to pick up weapons and fight. Just remember, this level is not easy.

How do I get to the Final Destination Stage?

Games Guru: To unlock Level 12, the Final Destination Stage, you must clear all 51 Event Matches.

I’ve heard when you finish shooting the credits, you can unlock Toad. I’m wondering if that’s right?

Games Guru: I have heard of people unlocking Link, Luigi, Ganondorf and Jigglypuff, but I’ve never heard of anybody unlocking Toad.

25 Comments on Super Smash Bros Melee

1. the eleven unlockable characters are:

Roy, Pichu, Mr. Game & Watch, Mewtwo, Young Link, Marth, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Falco, and Dr. Mario

There’s no Raichu.

If you need help with these characters, ask.

You CANNOT UNLOCK Master/Crazy Hand; you can play as them with Action Replay

2. monky kid // May 12, 2008 at 7:53 pm // Reply

how do you get the celabi trophy I tride to go on traning mode and put all items to pokeballs but I didn`t see celabi can you help me

3. monky kid // May 12, 2008 at 7:45 pm // Reply

can you rilly get raichu it says that you have to beat avent 31 with pichu to get raichu and it takes pichu`s place is that true

4. Paper Mario is NOT in Melee. And anyone who says he is in melee is lying. I’ve been on this site for a while and I’ve heard a BUNCH of lies, but COME ON!! It’s been over 6 years!! Stop lying!!

5. What are all the steps to unlock the hands?

6. to the paper mario question it’s true and it’s fake because if you play as Mario in Flat zone he’ll look 2D but he is not paper Mario and this only works in Flat Zone.plus you can’t get Lucario because he’s a 4th generation pokemon and this game was made in the 2nd generation

7. koopatroopa21 // May 7, 2008 at 4:37 pm // Reply

Bowsa, for the last time, NO ONE believes that Paper Mario is a playable character! Fact is, he isn’t!!!!

(P.S. Truth, you are completely correct.)

8. computergeek // May 6, 2008 at 6:14 am // Reply

i rented brawl and own melee and beat both there is no olimar only in brawl,no igglypuff,no wolf link,no paper mario and there is NO TOAD

9. mariomasta // May 6, 2008 at 2:44 am // Reply

truth is not a liar he is just wrong try wat bowsa says

10. yes you can get paper mario

but im ot sure about giga bowser

11. giga bowser and paper mario are they real in this game i relly want to know

12. wolf link came after malee!!!!!!

13. bowsas right it really works and hes definitly not a liar since hes my freind i know him.

14. opra kiddy // May 4, 2008 at 5:03 am // Reply

wolf link shhhesh come on why would they put wolf link in it and paper mario…well he is real TRUTH bowsa is my best buddy and he has him i saw it oh and if you need my help i can help u out

15. youtube333333 // May 4, 2008 at 4:57 am // Reply

truth bowsa is correct sorry but i have him

16. everyones aganst you truth they all know im right paper mario is true just try

17. to get mr.game and watch play 1000vs maches or do soming that it says on the internet

18. giga bowser // May 3, 2008 at 1:33 pm // Reply

you can unlock giga bowser…..but you need action replay

and toad…with action replay

and those things that you face in cruel melee….action replay

and you can play anywhere they put in the game even the underground maze..action replay

so get action replay 2day hozay

19. webmaster // May 2, 2008 at 7:29 pm // Reply

to get olimar on ssbm go to adventure mode.beat it with pichu.do a taunt at the VERY END!!!!!!!!you will be transported to a real cool planet,and a huge picmin shall appear.the ONLY way to beat him is to shock him on his antenna 75 times.after this,a new character will approach.it will be olimar.beat him,and you will unlock him..

20. tomb raider1111 // May 2, 2008 at 5:04 pm // Reply

hey bowsa

the paper mario thing is awsome i cant belive it WORKS! i mean he is so cool i love it when he calls paper luigi and he comes and kicks the enemy and when you attack it says !POW! it is so cool the truth is wrong and bowsas right!

21. computer geek // May 2, 2008 at 6:09 am // Reply

i have all the characters except mr.game and watch.i have played all the characters on classic mode.WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO DO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!HELP!

22. No paper mario // May 2, 2008 at 6:05 am // Reply

there isn’t a paper mario.i have looked to almost every cheat website and there isn’t a wolf link either.

23. youtube333333 // May 2, 2008 at 2:39 am // Reply

hiya that paper mario thing it does work bowsa never lies!he is my brother and we have him look on the internet it will say no but in our minds its YES

24. rocker 50 // May 2, 2008 at 2:36 am // Reply

hey here is da charecters u can unlock

-marth

-roy

-paper mario

-mr.game and watch

-young link

here is just som of them

-NO TOAD

25. super yoshi 64 // May 2, 2008 at 2:32 am // Reply

hey lisen to bowsa i did it and it works his hammer is awsome!

1 46 47 48 49 50 61