Super Smash Bros Melee

Can you unlock anybody after Mr. Game and Watch?

Games Guru: When you’ve unlocked Mr. Game and Watch, you’ve come to the end. That’s all you can unlock.

How do you get Mr. Gamewatch, Giga Bowser, Pichu and that falcon guy who is Fox’s partner on GameCube?

Games Guru: Let me start by admitting that this is one great game I would love to play well, but I stink at it. To get Falco, beat the 100-man melee mode and defeat Falco, and he is yours. To get Mr. Gamewatch, beat the Classic or Test Target mode with all characters, then win the Gamewatch battle afterward.

Is there a way to unlock Charmander, Koopatroopa, Perin, Sonic, Tails or any characters other than the original 24?

Games Guru: There are an extra dozen characters, though I am not familiar with ways to unlock any of the ones you have listed. I do not know any codes. You earn them all by winning battles.

How do I unlock every character, pokemon and trophies?

Games Guru: Um, could we narrow the question down to a single character or trophy?

How do you unlock past stages in this game?

Games Guru: Each stage has its own requirements. Should you want to unlock the big blue stage, for instance, you must fight 150 matches in VS. Mode nonstop. Is there one particular stage, or even a couple, that you want to unlock?

Is there a debug mode in this game or some secret codes?

Games Guru: In the tradition of all things Nintendo, Super Smash Bros. Melee has approximately 16 billion hidden and unlockable characters, arenas and trophies. I don’t know about a debug mode or any hidden abilities, but I do know how you can get unlimited scope gun ammo: Shoot 15 regular shots. Shoot two fully charged shots, then let someone hit you before firing a third fully charged shot. Fire that third shot, and you should have unlimited scope gun ammo.

How do you get Mewtwo, instead of playing VS mode?

Games Guru: The only way I know to unlock Mewtwo is to play 20 hours or 700 matches in VS mode, then beat him when he challenges you.

Who’s the hottest character to fight with?

Games Guru: Give Samus a try. Mario and Donkey Kong are great characters to start out with because they are more balanced, but once you have command of all of Samus’s moves, she is tough!

I am having trouble with the home-run contest. I can’t seem to get Captain Falcon to make Sandbag go farther than 200 feet. Do you have some tips and tricks for me?

Games Guru: Bad news. Captain Falcon is not a strong choice in the home-run contest because he tends to send things straight up instead of out. You might want to try another character.

How do you beat event match 51, The Showdown?

Games Guru: There are a number of strategies to help you in this very difficult challenge. You can, for instance, use Princess Peach’s floating jump to avoid enemies by floating from one edge of the platform to the other, hopefully escaping injury and getting a chance to pick up weapons and fight. Just remember, this level is not easy.

How do I get to the Final Destination Stage?

Games Guru: To unlock Level 12, the Final Destination Stage, you must clear all 51 Event Matches.

I’ve heard when you finish shooting the credits, you can unlock Toad. I’m wondering if that’s right?

Games Guru: I have heard of people unlocking Link, Luigi, Ganondorf and Jigglypuff, but I’ve never heard of anybody unlocking Toad.

25 Comments on Super Smash Bros Melee

1. ummmm melee fan where you on youtube because i saw that 2 to play as them you have to beat classic mode on very hard one life only i no its hard

2. Ganondorf ROCKS. He is immensely powerful, his kicks have excelent reach, and he has the only attack i know of (aside from some kind of grab and the hammer) that can break Kirby’s rock (his up spash attack: if both kicks hit, the rock form breaks). Sure, he’s a little slow, but aiming your attacks properly can make up for this.

3. Waluigi time! // June 26, 2008 at 12:45 pm // Reply

Look ultimatepokemonmaster, I have Mario Kart Double Dash and pretty much every other game with Waluigi in it, WHY, CAUSE HE’S AWSOME, All Ime saying is i wish you could play with him in Super Smash Bros. It would be tottaly awsome!!! But by the way thanks for telling me how to unlock Mewtwo and beat Cruel Melee, for your informtion, I’v bent myself over backwards to beat Cruel Melee and still havn’t beat it! Yes I did hear about the Sonic and Tails April Fools Joke so i know thats fake but I will take your opinion of using JigglyPuff into Consideration, Yeah i know i say too much!

4. Ultimatepokemonmaster // June 25, 2008 at 11:35 am // Reply

To Waluigi Time, look, if you want to play as Waluigi, try playing Mario Kart Double-Dash or Mario Party DS. To beat Cruel Melee, use Jigglypuff to float to the left of the platform to lure the multi-men to the left of the platform. Then go back onto the platform and use Jigglypuff’s Down+B move to use rest! To unlock Mewtwo, you need to play VS mode at a total of 2 hours. To Kick*meep*8, I dunno.

5. Waluigi time! // June 25, 2008 at 9:57 am // Reply

Ganondorf’s my favorite character in this game!!! I wish you could play with Waluigi though!!

6. there’s no raichu

7. Master (or anybody who knows): Tell me how to do this black hole glitch.

8. Roy is the best character

9. GO GANANDORF! the srongest charecter

10. is it ture that you can unlock Raichu beating event 51 with pichu but it take pichu place?

11. Waluigi time! // June 23, 2008 at 1:48 pm // Reply

How do u unlock Mewtoo?

12. Killer, the way that you get Mr. Game – and – Watch is you have complete all the target tests, except him of couse because you don’t have him yet.Then BAM!!! You have him.

13. Waluigi time! // June 21, 2008 at 12:51 pm // Reply

How in the heck do you beat Cruel Melee??!!!

14. Waluigi time! // June 20, 2008 at 8:41 pm // Reply

Game is awesome, but BRAWL is better! The Waluigi assist trophy is cool!!!

15. Waluigi time! // June 19, 2008 at 12:02 pm // Reply

Dang!!! Yet another game where you cant play as Waluigi, Love his trophy though!!

16. I own With samus

17. I love the black hole glitch

18. Thanks for trying to actually answer someone’s question, anonimus. However, I don’t know how to do that with Debug. It doesn’t matter anymore, though. I was just trying to unlock score display, which you get at about 5000 KOs. (Don’t quote me on that.) I just let one CPU kill three weaker ones over and over again for about five or six hours!

19. super smash bros fan 84 // June 17, 2008 at 4:07 pm // Reply

I love Brawl… but I still like Melee more. Anyways i only need Mr. Game and Watch.

20. Or if you play a 1,000 vs matches without quitting you will unlock Mr Game and Watch

21. GROUDON,

Since I can’t use AR on my wii, I haven’t done it in while but, if you use the debug menu code there’s a way to edit the number of KOs.

22. killer, first, make sure you have all 24 other characters. Count them to be sure! If you really did beat adventure with all of them, Mr. Game & Watch should have battled you. The only other way to get him is to beat Target Test with all other 24 characters.

23. Does anyone know an Action Replay code for getting the maximum number of KOs (on MELEE, that is)? I’ve noticed that many good questions have been ignored on this page because people either think that they shouldn’t be answered because they’re easy questions or because no one knows the answer. Please don’t ignore the question I asked in the first sentence of this comment. Please. If you don’t know, at least tell me that; so I know that my question hasn’t been completely ignored.

PS Some AR codes only work for certain versions of the game. If it matters, my version is 1.2. (Some also call it 0.2 for some reason unknown to me.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

24. omg i cant get mr game and watch i done all the charcters on classic mode and adventure so can any one help me plz plz!!!

i own with link =)

25. guys give it a break. all u have to do is 1,000 vsmatches to get all the characters or other stuff but if u have a wii, is boring if u don’t have brawl. just stop lieing if u dont have the ar ok?? ok?? ok?? if u don’t, i wont give u the truth eather ok!?