Games Guru

The Hobbit

I am at the troll hole and I have the key, but I don’t know what to do with it! Can you help me?

Games Guru: Are you sure that you have the correct key? The key you find in this cavern after locating the gate?

Comments about “The Hobbit”

1. lol lo says:

how do you find the fourth chain in the game hobbit? its driving me crazy!!!

2. quicksilver says:

if you need too defeat the bigbee when hes away hold on too R when you got the yellow rings and hes near let go for serious damage.

3. quicksilver says:

the exucutive i am in the lone lands.theres adoor with a lock and vines nearby a trolls camp where the trolls capture the dwarvesin bags.

4. quicksilver says:

I don’t know who burt william and tom are.Are they the trolls that the wizard defeats?

5. quicksilver says:

no ACE 10 theres adoor and a lock and its in the lonelands.sorry

6. Ace 10 says:

quicksilver, Are you in the level just after you defeat Burt, William, and Tom?

If so, there are actually several ”caves”. Two of which you enter from the outside,and

several on the inside of those 2 caves. So if you tell me which kind of cave your trying to get into, I can probably answer question.

7. The_Executive says:

quicksilver, tell me where you are exactly, then i can help you.

8. quicksilver says:

The Hobbit is hard.The three trolls cave is hard to find.You need to find a key.I never found the key.Somebody please help me!

9. The_Executive says:

aparently you never read the book

10. Soundoffproductions.webs.com says:

W00t!!!! I beat this game! That troll hole is nowhere close to the end!! If you think thats hard, wait until you get to Smaug! Its a shame you can’t battle him though…

11. The_Executive says:

Sorry, the site is slow so it looked like my previous comment was deleted. Thats why there are two walkthrus.

12. The_Executive says:

You just have to get the jars and put them on the same colored pedestals on the gate. There are two in the treetops and one on an island in the pond. Up next is the Wight lord, good luck.

13. The_Executive says:

There are no cheats that I am aware of. Sorry.

14. The_Executive says:

Ace 10, One of the jars is on an island in the pond and I believe that the other 2 are in the treetops. Unfortunatly, there is no real easy way to get them. I didn’t find it very hard though. The only hard part is dodging the mage spirit’s purple attacks in the treetops. This is the most annoying and probably the hardest level in the game. I don’t think the ring works to escape from the spirits though. When you get the jars, you have to match the pedestels on the gate to the same color of jar. Then you have to fight the Wight lord. You just have to hit him, but I hope you have health potions or other potions because he’s kinda hard. There are 2 single mushrooms and one cluster. Plus there’s like 3 of his minions with him. A good idea is to just run around him and hit him when you can. Watch out for his sword though. Good Luck

15. koolkid says:

it hurts me to say this, but i have not played this game in 3 years! I can’t remember that much of this game so i can’t help :(

16. Ace 10 says:

The Executive, I have 2 quick questions. #1: in the cemetery/swamp half of flies and spiders, is there any quick way to get those jars? #2: In the entire game, is there anyway to get invincibility? just asking.

17. The_Executive says:

I have completed this game several times, so if anyone has any questions on any of the levels, just ask.

18. The_Executive says:

byu boy, you need to say what exact location you are stuck at in the elf kingdom, if you have the game for PC or console (not handheld)

19. The_Executive says:

Ineedhelp, If you are talking about the spider in the cave nearby the area where you get the oil, you use jump attack on it with your sword only and it will flip over so you can damage it. If you are talking about the boss spiders here is how you defeat them. Big Spider#1: just attack it. Big Spider#2: get fire rocks and hit her with them.

Big Spider#3: freeze her with freeze rocks and then attack her. hope that helps.

20. The_Executive says:

this is the pc/console version that we are talking about, to clarify

21. The_Executive says:

jo mamma, the one sitting by the fire is the one that you need to take the wallet from. However, do not try to walk up to him at first because there is a special path that you need to follow that is the following: When you first get to the troll area, turn right and you will see a troll walking back and forth. When he leaves run up the hill that is on the opposite side of you. You will see courage points, so follow them. Then you get to a clearing with a chest. Keep on following a trail that is clearly marked and you should be able to find your way.

22. The_Executive says:

Ace10, There are actually four bosses, The Wight lord and the three Spider sisters (which you fight at the same time). They are all in Mirkwood however. In answer to your first question: there is a space near the save pedestal where the raft touches the land and pauses for about a second. If you time it right, you should be able to walk onto the raft. Be patient, it may take a while for you to get in the exact spot.

As for the spirits, you might try killing them before you attempt this, but you don’t have to.

23. Ace 10 says:

The Executive,(just wondering) what are the ”two big boss levels” after the swamp/cemetery level?

(ALso,somebody pleeeeeeeeeeease answer my question about that level.)

24. Ineedhelp says:

How do you get past the huge giant spider in flies and spiders??!!?!?!

25. Ineedhelp says:

TO video game master: you have to sneek AND pole vault

26. Ace 10 says:

It’s the PC version i’m having trouble with.

27. byu boy says:

is this the game boy version were talking about

28. Ace 10 says:

I really need this question answered, I’m on the edge of the cemetery/swamp on the left side of the ”save” pedestel but I can’t move one inch and if I try to jump onto the floating raft, it moves too fast so I miss and drown also, if I turn around, an evil spirit slashes me in the head and I die,can you help me? please!!!

29. jo mama says:

which one of the ogres do you need to steal the wallet and who’s william? which ogre is it the walking back and forth,the one sitting down or the one by the fire i’m just saying HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. The_Executive says:

monkey, In the next chamber there is the first boss, The Gaurdian. You should kill him first. To do this, you kill his minions( the smaller versions of himself ) and he will flip over. Now attack his unprotected stomach. You will have to repeat this a few times to kill him. After that, jump up onto the platforms and mushrooms( they should form a stair pattern) and follow them to the top, where you will find the Healing Draught. It looks like a Waters of Vigour potion, if you’ve seen one yet.

31. The_Executive says:

To find the fourth chain for the treasure room, you have to go to the main hall. There is a chain hanging down from one of the balconies. Climb it. There are spiders, so either fight them, or put on the ring. Go to the left, and there is a ledge that you need to get on. Follow it and you should get to a balcony with a purple courage point on it. Keep walking on the ledge and you will end up on another balcony. Again, there are spiders, so be prepared. On the other side there is a chain that you can pick up.

Btw: you can’t pick it up with the ring on.

32. The_Executive says:

Hot Sauce, my suggestions for escaping/fighting the evil spirits are the following:

Kill the mages(purple people) and archers first. Then escape to branches and/or vines where you cannot get hit. I suggest buying several Waters of Vigour potions before entering the level. The spirits are the least of your worries, however.

******SPOILER WARNING********

There are two big boss battles coming up, so stock up on health potions and antidotes.

33. BYU Boy says:

i am stuck in the elves fortress i cant find all the dwarves!!!

34. monkey says:

melee fan, can you tell me whare to find the health for the harmed elf in the caves???

35. PurplePop says:

the inside inormation level, all you have to do is move the blue box where there is a whirl pool. You have to cover it. Then all o a sudden the water is going to rise. Go all the way to the top until you get to some ropes. Wait untill a huge piece o wood keeps rising and jump on top of it until it is safe. Wait until you get to the top then jump back up where the dwarfs are.

36. Hot Sauce says:

I cant beat the level flies and spiders. I keep getting close but one of those spirits kills me.HELP!!

37. Anonymous says:

How do you lower the fourth chain in the treasure room. I dont see a chain to lower. This will expose the key hole to the locked treasure door. Help Please!!!!

38. jakinbag says:

im stuk w/ red blue &yellow jars cant beet large ork

39. xar 2673 says:

P.S.: the xbox version

40. xar 2673 says:

im stuck on inside information where you have to get the dwarves across the chasim. help

41. xar 2673 says:

do you know if there are any cheats for this game? i could really use some

42. Hobbit says:

Melee fan, HELP ME WITH THE WATER ROOM!!!!

43. Melee fan says:

i beat this game probly a million times! spiders and flies is an annoying level though spider every where you look!

44. SMAUG says:

in inside information im stuck on the water cavern

45. Hobbit says:

I don’t really understand Hobbit_named_flaffy? Can you tell me how to beat the puzzle in the water room! Help me solve it please. Any help will do.

46. Hobbit_named_flaffy says:

I’ve beaten the game a few times…

the trick to the water room is to plan ahead. It isn’t too hard to set it up so that you can get to the snake lever and then get to the snake room without moving anything.

Same with the eagle- and from the eagle it isn’t hard to get to the next room. all you have to do is figure out how to get straight across. not hard.

after that part, however, is another wacky puzzle (laketown is full of ‘em, i kno)

where you have to place the right barrels on the right spaces to open the door. THEN there’s another sneaking area. Man, just give me fighting any day!

Hope this helps,

Flaffy

47. Videogame master says:

how do you get past roast mutton…I am sneaking but I cn not do it.

48. Hobbit says:

WOW your that far! how do you get past the water room puzzle though???

49. gandalf says:

im at the last part with the wolf rider but i cant get past it! please help!

50. Hobbit says:

I’m stuck on the water room with the wacky puzzle!

Write a comment about “The Hobbit”

Nickname: