The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

How do you get to the water temple?

Games Guru: It’s complicated, especially on the original game. Basically, you have to change the water level a lot and constantly put on and take off your Iron Boots. Keep the Zora Tunic on to stop from drowning. To help, here’s a video:

I can’t find the bomb bag to use on Death Mountain because the level I am on is Death Mountain. I need the bomb bag to blow up the rock that blocks the way to Dodongos Cavern so I can find Goron’s bracelet. Can you help me?

Games Guru: Here’s how to get a bomb bag. As a kid, you have to play the Bombchu game in the Hyrule Market. Play it a second time and win, and you’ll get the bomb bag, which can hold up to 30 bombs.

Where do you find the sword in the Deku Tree?

Games Guru: You should have a sword before entering the Deku Tree. You do get a slingshot in that tree. Have you checked for swords in the caves of the Kokiri Forest?

How do I get my bow in the forest temple? And are there any codes of any sort for this game?

Games Guru: There are many, many secrets in this game, but no code that I am aware of. There are hidden stores, including one in Gannon’s tower, places in which you can load up on Rupees or even collect gold skultullahs, but nothing so easy as a code.

About the fairy bow: Getting the bow is quite straightforward. As you explore the temple, you will enter a room in which you are attacked by a stalfos, a skeleton guard. Beat that stalfos and two more will appear. Beat them too slowly and they will simply reappear until you beat them in a set time. Beat them within the time limit, and a chest will appear. The bow is in that chest.

Do you have any tips on beating the Water Temple boss?

Games Guru: Having explored the HUGE Water Temple and survived your battle with Dark Link, your ultimate fight will be with a pesky water creature. Making this even more difficult, you fight it while jumping from pillar to pillar in a room filled with water.

Stay on the outer pillars. The key to victory is to keep moving so the creature can’t hit you, and keep your eyes open for it to give you an opening after its slow but powerful attacks. Using the Longshot, target its heart, which is visible in its water tentacles. Shoot it, pull it out and spin attack it with your sword, then keep moving.

You will need to repeat this process a few times, but I predict you will emerge from this battle swimmingly.

After I beat the Water Temple, how do I get into the Shadow Temple?

Games Guru: Congratulations on beating the Water Temple. Most people who quit this game stop during the lengthy Water Temple portion. Play the “Nocturne of Shadow” to warp to the Shadow Temple. Now go down the stairs, stand in the middle of the room and use Din’s Fire to light all the torches. If you hit all the torches, the door to the temple will open.

Where do I find the Master Sword and how do I get it?

Games Guru: The Master Sword is in the Temple of Time. Use the Ocarina to play the Song of Time to enter the Temple of Time. Once you can enter, the sword is yours for the taking—but there are consequences.

26 Comments on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

1. my all time fave

2. my friend Silas has the game

3. the essence of the triforce // November 7, 2009 at 11:07 am // Reply

trivia (bonus) answer!!

the answer is:

koume is the fire witch and kotake is the ice witch.

to tell, kotake sounds like shiitake, which are japanese mushrooms. japan has mountains with ICE on them. i know it’s dumb, but it works.

4. the essence of the triforce // October 30, 2009 at 1:31 pm // Reply

my four favorite games are super mario galaxy, super mario sunshine, ocarina of time, and twilight princess. (i’m writing this on wii internet channel!)

5. seriously, i thnk zelda is the best game ever created.

6. any one need help

7. the essence of the triforce // October 15, 2009 at 3:51 pm // Reply

to King Dodogondo:

ding ding ding! we have a winner! for bonus points, which one is the fire witch and which witch (i’ve always wanted to say that) is the ice witch?

8. King Dodogondo // October 13, 2009 at 2:59 pm // Reply

To the essence of the triforce:
    Koume and Kotake

9. Go to the top left corner and in that room you will find the bomb bag.

10. the essence of the triforce // October 11, 2009 at 11:36 am // Reply

to King Dodogondo:

so, what were their names?

11. King Dodogondo // October 9, 2009 at 5:57 pm // Reply

If you use Din’s Fire on a mummy, it turns into a redead or whatever those zombie things are called (I think fire arrows work too).

12. King Dodogondo // October 9, 2009 at 5:19 pm // Reply

to the essence of the triforce: ganondorf was raised by the witches in the spirit temple

13. the essence of the triforce // October 8, 2009 at 4:36 pm // Reply

who raised ganondorf?

14. the essence of the triforce // October 5, 2009 at 3:57 pm // Reply

to Link:

1. you get it in the top of the left tower on your map.
    2. you have the most unoriginal name ever.
    3. what does gcn stand for? game cube nintendo?

15. the essence of the triforce // October 4, 2009 at 12:33 pm // Reply

to sonyinformer:

geez, you haven’t found it? to get to the secret shop, go into ganon’s castle and go under the bridge straight across from you when you enter. then walk through the off-colored wall that’s invisible with the lens of truth.

16. how does i get meagaton hammer on gcn version yes there is a game called loz collecters edition with 4 games on it ocarina of time, majoras mask loz and loz 2 loz 1 & 2 are hard

17. sonyinformer // October 1, 2009 at 8:03 am // Reply

i own all the Zeldas and i have to say this is one of the best. PS how do you get in the secret shop in ganons castle

18. All you have to do is go to lost woods talk to Saria she will teach you saria’s song. Then play infront of the king hell give you the braclete. Go outside you’ll find a bomb plant pick it up and throw it at the rock. P.S. Song of the Storms is my favorite song in the game I have the soundtrack I hope helped you.

19. i love ledgend of zelda

20. any body need help i still live beat it 29 times

21. Thanks, the essence of the triforce.!!!!!!!$

22. trifore master // September 17, 2009 at 3:45 pm // Reply

how do you get to dark link?

23. King Dodogondo // September 17, 2009 at 9:13 am // Reply

Have any of you heard of the secret sky temple? If you have been to it please tell me how to get to it.

24. How do you get the megaton hammer in the fire temple?

25. zelda is the best game ever