The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

How do you get to the water temple?

Games Guru: It’s complicated, especially on the original game. Basically, you have to change the water level a lot and constantly put on and take off your Iron Boots. Keep the Zora Tunic on to stop from drowning. To help, here’s a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ1L0ZhzGqo

I can’t find the bomb bag to use on Death Mountain because the level I am on is Death Mountain. I need the bomb bag to blow up the rock that blocks the way to Dodongos Cavern so I can find Goron’s bracelet. Can you help me?

Games Guru: Here’s how to get a bomb bag. As a kid, you have to play the Bombchu game in the Hyrule Market. Play it a second time and win, and you’ll get the bomb bag, which can hold up to 30 bombs.

Where do you find the sword in the Deku Tree?

Games Guru: You should have a sword before entering the Deku Tree. You do get a slingshot in that tree. Have you checked for swords in the caves of the Kokiri Forest?

How do I get my bow in the forest temple? And are there any codes of any sort for this game?

Games Guru: There are many, many secrets in this game, but no code that I am aware of. There are hidden stores, including one in Gannon’s tower, places in which you can load up on Rupees or even collect gold skultullahs, but nothing so easy as a code.

About the fairy bow: Getting the bow is quite straightforward. As you explore the temple, you will enter a room in which you are attacked by a stalfos, a skeleton guard. Beat that stalfos and two more will appear. Beat them too slowly and they will simply reappear until you beat them in a set time. Beat them within the time limit, and a chest will appear. The bow is in that chest.

Do you have any tips on beating the Water Temple boss?

Games Guru: Having explored the HUGE Water Temple and survived your battle with Dark Link, your ultimate fight will be with a pesky water creature. Making this even more difficult, you fight it while jumping from pillar to pillar in a room filled with water.

Stay on the outer pillars. The key to victory is to keep moving so the creature can’t hit you, and keep your eyes open for it to give you an opening after its slow but powerful attacks. Using the Longshot, target its heart, which is visible in its water tentacles. Shoot it, pull it out and spin attack it with your sword, then keep moving.

You will need to repeat this process a few times, but I predict you will emerge from this battle swimmingly.

After I beat the Water Temple, how do I get into the Shadow Temple?

Games Guru: Congratulations on beating the Water Temple. Most people who quit this game stop during the lengthy Water Temple portion. Play the “Nocturne of Shadow” to warp to the Shadow Temple. Now go down the stairs, stand in the middle of the room and use Din’s Fire to light all the torches. If you hit all the torches, the door to the temple will open.

Where do I find the Master Sword and how do I get it?

Games Guru: The Master Sword is in the Temple of Time. Use the Ocarina to play the Song of Time to enter the Temple of Time. Once you can enter, the sword is yours for the taking—but there are consequences.

74 Comments on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

1. how di go back to being a kid?

2. where do I find all the ocarina songs?

3. How do i get a larger rupee bag?

4. how do i get a zora suit

5. Legend of Zelda is awesome! I am going to get it for n64 when i get it!

6. King Dodogondo // January 23, 2010 at 3:10 pm // Reply

help me!! i can’t get the last silver rupee in the first fire barrier room.

• the essence of the triforce // January 28, 2010 at 5:23 pm // Reply

okay, silver rupee locations:
      1. as soon as you enter, little platforn on right with rotating fire.
      2. one opposite this platform on the other side of the room.
      3. one under rock pillar (need golden gauntlets-shadow barrier).
      4. one across room on platform with fire slug.
      5. last one platform, must jump off stone pillar. (#3)

7. to Snake,

you can only forge your korkerrie sword in the majora’s mask!

8. How do I streghtthen the korkir sword to the razor sword

• the essence of the triforce // January 18, 2010 at 11:18 am // Reply

you sure you’re not thinking of majora’s mask? the only sword upgrade you can get is the bggoron’s sword.

9. resident evil zombie // January 6, 2010 at 7:31 pm // Reply

to essince of the triforce,the twinrova! that should be it

10. the essence of the triforce // January 6, 2010 at 4:03 pm // Reply

they got rid of my gliched comment! but still, biggoron’s sword is awesome!!!!!!😛

11. hey im in the temple where do i get my bow and arrow from and wats a quick way to destroy the warriors without bombs??
    Thanx For Answering This

• the essence of the triforce // January 6, 2010 at 4:02 pm // Reply

hey, are you talking about the original legend of zelda? if so, in the room with blade traps, sshove one of the blocks to get the bow. to kill the armos knights, slash at their sides or backs.

12. the essence of the triforce // January 1, 2010 at 1:45 pm // Reply

just for fun, i’m getting the biggoron’s sword on this playthrough of the game. to get it, get the pocket cucoo and wake talon. then take it back and get cojiro. take him to hte pale guy in the lost woods. then take the mushroom you get to the potion shop. rest of quest in reply.

• the essence of the triforce // January 1, 2010 at 1:50 pm // Reply

take the potion to a kokiri where the pale guy was. then take the saw to the carpenter (gerudo canyon). take the sword to biggoron (helpful to have planted bean outside of dodongo’s cavern). take prescription to king zora. take frog to professor muzimi (lakeside laboratory). finally, take eyedrops to biggoron. then play sun’s song six times to get biggorn’s sword.

13. how do u get the bow?

14. how do u get the bow?

15. I can’t get through the forest temple.Can you help me please.

16. The great king of evil, gannondorf, how could you say that?! The king’s son gives you the goron tunic when your an adult. You go to the kakori forest, ask around about saria, go to the lost woods, listen and go in the tunnel where the music is loudest,go through the maze and then learn saria’s song, then go back and play it for king Darunia.

17. Legend of Zelda mastr // December 16, 2009 at 1:12 pm // Reply

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN’T GET PAST THE WATER TEMPLE!!!! IT IS SOOOOOO DIFFICULT!

• It easy compared to the spirt and shado temples!!!!!

• the essence of the triforce // December 23, 2009 at 3:45 pm //

spirit and shadow temples are easier than water, and that’s coming from a zelda geek.

• Legend of Zelda mastr // December 24, 2009 at 9:49 am //

Yeah, I know that, I’ve heard that from other people, and I’ve also heard that you can get into those temples before you finish the water temple. Is this true? Also, how do you get into the Shadow temple? The only thing I really need help finding is the boss key in the water temple. Where in the world is it?

• the essence of the triforce // December 29, 2009 at 12:45 pm //

to get the boss key, have 2 keys and the longshot and head north on i think the 2nd floor.

• the essence of the triforce // December 29, 2009 at 12:46 pm //

well, all you need to get into the shadow and spirit temples is the longshot, so if you just go there you can get in.

• Legend of Zelda mastr // January 22, 2010 at 9:01 pm //

x-( well that’s not much help, but its better than nothing I suppose. I never play this game anymore so I don’t even know why I asked!

• King Dodogondo // January 23, 2010 at 2:50 pm //

actually, you need the eye of truth in addition to the longshot to get into the shadow an spirit temples

• LegendofZeldaMastr // February 14, 2010 at 3:43 pm //

OK. Thanks Essence!

• How do you get the golden scale?!?!?!

• the essence of the triforce // December 19, 2009 at 3:37 pm // Reply

hey, you’re on twilight princees too! which one do you need help with?? (again, look online [and try to find a walkthrough with piuctures])

• theriddler // November 24, 2010 at 4:08 pm //

you know if you go to Wayne manor and do the robin/batman studs you will beat the game pretty easily.

• Its was easy for me i got it done over the weekend.

• Supermario // April 28, 2010 at 7:53 pm // Reply

What? That temple is easy. It only took 3 days. It’s also the most fun. (Got to love fighting Dark Link).

18. BEST GAME EVER

19. Cool Dude, you need to go to the Lost Woods and find Saria. She’ll teach you her song. Now go and play it for King Darunia.

20. the great king of evil,ganondorf // December 5, 2009 at 10:05 pm // Reply

if you whant the goron song you got to learn it from that little goron who is the kings son

21. Oh yeah, in the future when you hear Saria’s Song in a place other than the Lost Woods, it is a secret passage to the Lost Woods.

22. How do I get the Song for The king of the Gorron”s?

23. the essence of the triforce // December 2, 2009 at 2:47 pm // Reply

to cole from infamous:

to kill him, put on the lens of truth, and shoot arrows at his hands. then, his eye will open and you can jump slash. i then recomend quick spin attacks (spin the control stick and press b). repeat until he dies. (if this appears twice, it’s because i thought it didn’t go through the first time.)

24. i copleted this game 3 times,so i welcome your quistions or comments

25. cole from infamous // November 27, 2009 at 10:04 pm // Reply

yes joe dirt,i cant kill bongo bongo,he is hard