The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

How do you get the hookshot and flute?

Games Guru: First, let me say that this is one of the finest games ever made and that those of you who haven’t played it but like adventure games should get your hands on it.

Now, to point: The hookshot is in a chest in the swamp palace. You are going to need the shovel to get the flute. You go to the northwest part of the clearing and dig.

108 Comments on The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

1. does anyone have tips to beat ganondorf

2. somerandomguy89 // April 14, 2014 at 12:46 pm // Reply

how do you get across the invisible pathway in the final dungeon

• somerandomguy you need to use the fire rod to light the torch on the end platform in that room revealing the path until it burns out

3. how do you get to the boss in the third dark world palace?

4. paintitblack // October 3, 2012 at 3:03 pm // Reply

timless

5. Im awesome.I’ve beaten the game seventy six times.

6. Im stuck at that temple after you free zelda and I keep dieing.What do I do,also are there any cheats.

7. how can you dead the monster, for crystal 7? (sorry for bad Englisch :D)

8. WHY DOES LINK HAVE PINK HAIR

9. Anonymous // May 19, 2011 at 9:32 pm // Reply

how do you get the flute

10. Boyslife fan // March 1, 2011 at 6:07 pm // Reply

At the pyramid in the dark world how do you get in the the four sword temple? Please help!

11. BEST GAME EVER

12. is it on nes snes somone tel me

13. Dark Link's knight // August 1, 2010 at 11:43 am // Reply

Does anyone know how to beat trinex

14. Dark Link's knight // July 29, 2010 at 11:35 am // Reply

This game has the hardest Ganondorf fight

15. game maddness // May 9, 2010 at 8:50 am // Reply

how do you get to the dark world

• if you go to death mountain there is a blue.[><] at your left or your miror or if you beat the migiain and he will send you to the dark world

• there is a giant mountain north on the map go to the very top and youll see a blue x or square.

16. how to get all the items

17. how do you get through the first palace? someone please tell me!!!!

18. the essence of the triforce // November 7, 2009 at 10:55 am // Reply

trivia answer!!

the answer is:

the bomb shop

it’s located in the dark world where link’s house is in the light world.

19. the essence of the triforce // October 8, 2009 at 4:34 pm // Reply

trivia!

how do you get the mega bomb?

20. CheatGlitchDude // August 28, 2009 at 3:16 pm // Reply

vin-man

lucky you, for me its hard

21. i beat the game 6 times!

• so can you help me i need the hook shot im in the swamp place but i cant find the big key to open the chest

22. I defeated ganon and got the trifors but how do you get the extra ending?

23. the essence of the triforce // August 4, 2009 at 5:57 pm // Reply

to flynnflan:
    first, do you have the ice rod? to get it, go to lake hylia (light world) and go to the east part. you will see a cave. bomb 2 link-lenths from the entrence to the left. go inside to get the ice rod. to beat the boss, fire the fire rod on the ice head to stun it. assuming you have the level 4, golden sword, slashing it 3 times will kill it. use the ice rod to do the same to the fire head. the turtle’s shell then explodes. after a second, a section of him will turn yellow. slash at it 3 times to kill him and to free zelda!

24. BOSS OF TURTLE ROCK IS INVINCIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. what does the flute do-i heard u could teleport with it-but where do u get that

• the answer to that is you go to kariko village and go to the statue of the bird and play the flute and every time you play the bird will come

26. to get moon pearl go to room with big chest and go up; press the star and go to middle hole go throgh the top open chest yell in exitement.

27. flynnflan // July 3, 2009 at 2:31 pm // Reply

Now about Turtle Rock………

Somarian cane is awesome!!!!!!!

28. Some dude // June 8, 2009 at 2:47 pm // Reply

To hayhay: Go to the grove of trees near the southwest of the map in the Dark World. On a tree stump there, you will see a small deformed tree. If you talk to the tree, it will tell you about a flute it used to play. Then, use the Magic Mirror. (If you don’t have it, find a world portal and go through it and come back here.) Then use the shovel and dig everywhere until you find the flute. Then, go to the tree in the Dark World again. You have to play the flute for it.

29. Some dude // June 8, 2009 at 2:40 pm // Reply

To Flinnflan: To help the girl, make sure you’re stocked up on health and healers and arrows. Then, go to the long corridor with the skeletons and a few doors on the left side and a door at the very end. Save, then go through the door at the very end and walk into the light from the window with the girl following you. Then, prepare for a pleasant surprise…

30. flynnflan // May 21, 2009 at 4:45 pm // Reply

Scratch last message–A girl in thieves’ town wants me to get out but says not to use the entrance or up to 1f. How do I get her out?????????

31. Wolf Link and Midna // May 6, 2009 at 6:58 am // Reply

there is a poll for your favorite vidio game hero and link is there!!!!

go to the home page and click the vote for your favorite hero.

32. how to pass the dark place with mimic? in dark palace i have the hammer what will i do next?

i get stuck in those mimic with no light all i can see is a red orb? what does that mean?

i cant go to the boss because of that mimic?

33. How does one get to that mountain tower???? Please give me a specific response– I want the moon pearl!!!!!!

34. Second sheild // April 18, 2009 at 11:58 am // Reply

I’m stuck on getting to the second palace I beat the first but I can’t get to the second. Help!!!

35. Also, there is an impassable gap in the big bridge!!!! How the heck do I get across????

36. To game guru: When & How do I Get that Hookshot?????

37. How do i get the flte in the dark world

38. shadow the hedghog // March 9, 2009 at 5:46 pm // Reply

how do you defeat the red monster to get the pot

39. i am stuck in the first dark palace and i got hammer but cant find key to downstairs, or how to get on ledge with things u hit with hammer before u go to room with red and blue elephants.

40. zelda smarts // February 28, 2009 at 8:29 pm // Reply

the missing boy is in the boy playing the flute to the animals too. but to get the shovel from him you need to go into the other world and then go to him and he will ask you to find his flute. then he tells you where it is the nhands you a shovel.

41. How do you get past the raining swamp place to destroy the monster force please!!!!!?

42. Where the heck do you find the missing boy that you need to get the shovel from??? HELP!

43. i have everything there is to get but my game freezes every time i bet ganon

44. I love this game and myne got erased for a boulder attacked me and i got stuck under it my game froze and yay erased save…wah wah :(

45. I Have unlocked all Heart’s all Items.. Defeated all Bosses AND i forget how to play!

HEHEHE