Pokemon Crystal Version

Can you only get Raikou and Entei after beating the elite four? And where would you find them if you can get them before the Pokemon league (elite-four)?

Games Guru: You will run into Raikou and Entei early on, in a Ecruteak City, but they leave before you can catch them. After that, you can track them down on your Pokedex.

Is Mewtwo in the game?

Games Guru: Mewtwo is number 150 on the Pokedex, so yes, he is indeed in there.

I’m in Mt. Silver. I meet with Red. I save the game before I battle him. I’ve been trying to win against him, but I keep losing!! How do I win?

Games Guru: Bad news: There is no simple answer for beating Red. His Pokemon are Pikachu, Snorlax, Espeon, Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise. If you are coming in with a powerful Golem or Onyx, hoping to pound down his Pikachu, you will get a face full of Venusaur and Bloastoise. He will cook your electrics, shock and plant your waters, and dark your psychics. So what do you do? You return the favor. Build up your elite team so you can take damage and deal out some harm, then send out a fire Pokemon when he gives you Venusaur and Snorlax. Send out a Pokemon with some earthquaking ability to meet his Pikachu. You get the drift. If you are going to beat Red, you will beat him with basics—strong Pokemon that can play off his weaknesses.

Where can you get Mew? I found this many times online:

1. Catch all Unown

2. Have letters M-E-W in party

3. Fly to lake of rage

4. Surf up and down till you see him.

I’ve tried this for 6 hours straight and it does not work. Am I doing something wrong, or am I missing something?

Games Guru: As I understand it, Mew is not available in Crystal but can be obtained by trading with someone who has captured it in Red or Blue.

How do I get all 3 legendary pokemon in the game?

Games Guru: I might be showing my ignorance here, but we’re talking about a game that features Articuno, Zapdos, Multres, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo and Entei, among others. Which pokemon in particular are you looking for?

25 Comments on Pokemon Crystal Version

1. pokemon lover // December 29, 2007 at 8:09 pm // Reply

one of the tips said that u get raiku and entei in ur pokedex in the tin tower but i didnt get them in my pokedex!!!!

2. find riakou after elite four]

3. TO redryno787789

you can get FIRESTONE in route 36. you have to beet this TRAINER that has a TANGELA thats in route 36. after you beet him talk to him and get his PHONENUMBER. then walk around on different routes till he calls you . he either says he found something you want( which is the STONE) or talks about stuff. So when he finds something and call you , come to him and he,ll give you the FIRESTONE.

P.S:dont use the stone on GROWLTHE now . you know why? because if you do growlithe cant learn any more moves(except EXTREEMSPEED) it’ll learn only EXSTREAMSPEED at lv50 thats all.you have to use the stone when your growlithe turns to lv50.which means it can learn EXSTREEMSPEED to if you use the stone at that level.HOPE THIS HELPS:D

4. To redryno787789,

Talk to schoolboy Alan on route 36 and he will call you every now and then and occasionally he will call to give you a firestone. Also, if you go to route 25 and talk to Bill’s grandfather and show him a lickatung, oddish, staryu(I think staryu?), growlithe, and a pickachu; he will give you a everstone, a leaf stone, a water stone, a fire stone, and a thunder stone.

5. To rareKITTYhunter,

I am certain that your trick to breed celibe does not work for Alakazam and Meganium are not in the same breeding group. And besides, dont you think the game has been around long enough that it if that trick really worked it would be on evey single reputable website. If you have tryed it and it worked let me know but I am pretty sure it won’t.

6. redryno787789 // December 27, 2007 at 5:54 pm // Reply

Where can i find a firestone in the game? i hav a growlith n i need a firestone to evolve it so i need help plz.

7. rareKITTYhunter // December 27, 2007 at 5:42 pm // Reply

You CAN get Celebi in the American versions of Pokemon Crystal!!! All you have to do is breed an Alakazam with a Meganium!!😀

Happy… Breeding😀

8. rareKITTYhunter // December 27, 2007 at 5:21 pm // Reply

To Froggy14

It is no coincidence that we picked the same route. I have read, and tested, all of the cheats on this site. I just wanted to say thanks, because I found my Entei on route 44! Just wanted to say thanks!

Happy Hunting😀

9. hey if your having a problem beating ASH/RED you just have to have a lv50 or up TYPLOSION, lv50 or up HAUNTER/GENGAR, lv50 or up PUPITAR/TYRANITAR, lv50 or up SNORLAX, lv60 or up HO-OH , and a lv60 or up LUGIA

right now i have a TYPHLOSION lv52, SNORLAX lv52, TYRANITAR lv55, HAUNTER lv52, HO-OH lv63, LUGIA lv63

P.S: i dont know what P.S means and i think it took me 2 or 3 tries to beat ASH/RED. (he was SOOOOO!!!!!!!! EASY!!!!!!!!!)

10. hey if any of you have a problem beating the league, you just have to have a HAUNTER or a GENGAR that knows NIGHTMARE,THUNDER,HYPNOSIS, and DREAM EATER and some other pokemon

11. To rareKITTYhunter,

The easiset way is the way both you and I have said and that is letting them come to you on route 44,(funny that we picked them same route) for you can use the time to train some of your pokemon once you have it weakend and you don’t have to worry about it switching routes all of the time.

12. To vanh,

Jynx can be found on any of the basement floors of ice path in the morning or day time but they are very rare. Slugma can be found easiest on route 17 on cycling road, but it can only be found during the day time.

13. rareKITTYhunter // December 24, 2007 at 2:39 pm // Reply

I have an awesome glitch… it’s extremely risky, though. It wiped all the pokemon out of my PC.😦 anyway, you select new game, and get some pokeballs and a new pokemon. then do the dupe trick.

happy hunting:D

14. rareKITTYhunter // December 24, 2007 at 1:52 pm // Reply

HOW TO CATCH LEGENDARY DOGS EASIER

bear with me, as this can get complicated. the trick is to make him come to you. also, you CANNOT use fly, or else they will teleport to a random area, although you can use this to your advantage. first, I recommend going to route 44, then surf to the little grass patch with lickitungs in it. then, just keep walking all around. you should eventually find raiku or entei. then, try to weaken it then catch it. WARNING: IF YOU KILL ONE OF THEM YOU WILL !!–::NOT::–!! BE ABLE TO FIND IT AGAIN!!! the rewards are so great, you might as well restart the game if you kill them. anyway, for the FLY tip, you could stay in one city and keep flying to the city you are in. then, once entei or raiku is near you, go around and try making it come to you. it is very likely that if you try and catch entei, it will use roar, even if you use mean look. you should still get a Golbat that knows confuse ray, because then it has odds to lower the hp. make sure you put some other condition on it, like paralysis. first of all, parylisis makes it slower, so it’s easier to find. the “come-around” trick is when, say, I am in ecruteak, and entei is in goldenrod, and heading south. I would take the long way and head back around azalea.

Happy Hunting😀

15. rareKITTYhunter // December 24, 2007 at 12:06 pm // Reply

To Vanh

I have no idea where to get jynx… maybe the ice path. but I do know where to get slugma and shiny magikarp. you get the magikarp by either fishing (extremely rare) or hatching an egg from a red gyarados bred with a normal gyarados. slugma is on the route that connects Fuchsia and Celadon… the place you can only use a bike…

happy hunting😀

16. rareKITTYhunter // December 24, 2007 at 12:03 pm // Reply

sorry to burst all of your bubbles… but there is NO way to convert Pokemon from your gameboy to your computer… if there was, I’d be all over it😀

17. rareKITTYhunter // December 24, 2007 at 11:31 am // Reply

I have been to the tin tower in Ecruteak City, but Entai and Raiku have not been registered into my Pokedex. HELP!!!

18. how can i catch a jinx a slugma and shiny magikarp

19. To Game-Girl 15,

Well if you accidently do it is no big deal, with patience you can catch him with any ball, as I have said before I caught Ho-oh with a lure ball.

20. Game-Girl 15 // December 20, 2007 at 1:59 pm // Reply

When trying to catch Ho-Oh, dont use the master ball on entei, raikou, or suicune, save it for Ho-Oh. Trust me I ahve made this mistake just 2 weeks ago until my brother told me =)

21. Sorry Froggy 14, i forgot that you trade from R, S, or E to FR or LG, then to crystal. my b.

22. To pikachu77,

You will find it on the first floor in the Ice Path.

23. How do you get the Waterfall HM in crystal?

24. To Anonymous,

You will first find Raiku on a random route in the Johto region. Once you run into him you can track him using the area feture on your poxedex.

25. ei where and how to find and captured raiku..thnx