Pokemon Crystal Version

Can you only get Raikou and Entei after beating the elite four? And where would you find them if you can get them before the Pokemon league (elite-four)?

Games Guru: You will run into Raikou and Entei early on, in a Ecruteak City, but they leave before you can catch them. After that, you can track them down on your Pokedex.

Is Mewtwo in the game?

Games Guru: Mewtwo is number 150 on the Pokedex, so yes, he is indeed in there.

I’m in Mt. Silver. I meet with Red. I save the game before I battle him. I’ve been trying to win against him, but I keep losing!! How do I win?

Games Guru: Bad news: There is no simple answer for beating Red. His Pokemon are Pikachu, Snorlax, Espeon, Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise. If you are coming in with a powerful Golem or Onyx, hoping to pound down his Pikachu, you will get a face full of Venusaur and Bloastoise. He will cook your electrics, shock and plant your waters, and dark your psychics. So what do you do? You return the favor. Build up your elite team so you can take damage and deal out some harm, then send out a fire Pokemon when he gives you Venusaur and Snorlax. Send out a Pokemon with some earthquaking ability to meet his Pikachu. You get the drift. If you are going to beat Red, you will beat him with basics—strong Pokemon that can play off his weaknesses.

Where can you get Mew? I found this many times online:

1. Catch all Unown

2. Have letters M-E-W in party

3. Fly to lake of rage

4. Surf up and down till you see him.

I’ve tried this for 6 hours straight and it does not work. Am I doing something wrong, or am I missing something?

Games Guru: As I understand it, Mew is not available in Crystal but can be obtained by trading with someone who has captured it in Red or Blue.

How do I get all 3 legendary pokemon in the game?

Games Guru: I might be showing my ignorance here, but we’re talking about a game that features Articuno, Zapdos, Multres, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo and Entei, among others. Which pokemon in particular are you looking for?

52 Comments on Pokemon Crystal Version

1. i cant get passed the waterfall that leads to victory road on pokemon crystal verson. what do i do? PLZ HELP ME!!!!

2. my team in crystal is lv.100 mewtwo, lv.100 charzaird, lv.50 raikou, lv.53 entei,lv.68 suicune, lv.90 lugia

3. (i’m really pokemonmaster7 but changed my nickname.)
    on pokemon dugeon blue rescue team on dsi.
    i got every lengendary on their except dexoys,all 3 regis ,suicune, celebi,and jirachi.

4. To lugia 7788,
    It evolves at level 55 into dragonite.

5. To pokemonmaster7,
    I played untill I caught 250 pokemon, don’t give up.

6. what level does draginair evolve???

7. Froggy16,I’m now Lucario!

8. pokemonmaster7 // October 17, 2009 at 11:27 am // Reply

i’m stopped playing pokemon crystal 2 weeks ago i don’t care that i can’t catch raikou.i already have almost every legendary on pokemon blue rescue team.(I EVEN HAVE CHARIZARD ON THERE TOO LV.95)

9. pokemonmaster7 // October 16, 2009 at 6:33 pm // Reply

Sonic X
    you get a master ball after beating all 8 gyms.talk to professer Elm.

SonicX,i hoped this helped.

10. To sonic x,
    Beat the first 8 gyms and Proffesor Elm will give it to you, just visit him in his lab.

11. where do you get the master ball???

12. yeah my team is typhlosion lv65 lugia lv65 suicune lv45 dratini lv20 working on the rest and im trying to beat red

13. To pokemonmaster7,
    Pikachu is a pretty fast pokemon on its own but if you are afraid it is not fast enough give it the quick claw to hold.

14. pokemonmaster7 // October 8, 2009 at 1:32 pm // Reply

the team i have is a level 61 Entei,Lv.60 lugia,Lv.51 Snorlax,Lv.53 Ferligatr,and LV.33 Pikachu(I TRYING TO MAKE IT LV.41 SO I CAN PARALYZE RAIKOU AND CAPTURE HIM I ALREADY HAVE PKACHU’S THUNDER WAVE BUT I’M REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MY PIKACHU’S SPEED.

15. pokemonmaster7 // September 25, 2009 at 8:02 pm // Reply

I think that’s a good team though

16. I got a gameboy color and advance so I can trade with myself

17. To pokemonmaster7,
    I am assuming you are talking about beating Red, you do not need to have pokemon at that high of levels or that need to be legendary. Legendary pokemon are way over rated.

18. To pokemonmaster7,
    This isn’t a chat website… your comment’s take a day or two (sometimes more) to post. You don’t need the legendary dogs to beat the elite four, tell me your team and their levels and I can tell you if you are ready. The cloning glitch works perfect on gold and silver but not on cyrstal.

19. Pokemon lover // September 17, 2009 at 2:23 pm // Reply

this game is awesoome the only gym i had troble with was the ghost one.

i have an awesome pokemon Sezor lv 60

20. pokemonmaster7 // September 17, 2009 at 1:47 pm // Reply

games guru,
    you must have all 3 dogs at lv.75 ho-oh at lv.83 lugia at lv.80 and a feraligatr at lv.95 (or typhosion)it’s not impossible.

21. pokemonmaster7 // September 17, 2009 at 1:34 pm // Reply

it feels great gettin all 3 dogs!!!!!

22. pokemonmaster7 // September 17, 2009 at 1:32 pm // Reply

to everyody i caught all 3 legendary dogs.and i haven’t gone to the elite 4 yet.

23. pokemonmaster7 // September 17, 2009 at 1:10 am // Reply

i’m about to get entei.

24. pokemonmaster7 // September 17, 2009 at 1:03 am // Reply

one more left.

25. pokemonmaster7 // September 17, 2009 at 12:59 am // Reply

yo guys i am right here at Mt.Motar and raikou right here on my map i am about to catch him .

26. pokemonmaster7 // September 17, 2009 at 12:52 am // Reply

yo everybody i’m just got done beating the mess at of the last gym leader Clair.and i’m not going to the pokemonleague without them either.

27. pokemonmaster7 // September 16, 2009 at 10:17 pm // Reply

nowonder why people doesn’t play pokemon crystal that much!!!!

28. pokemonmaster7 // September 16, 2009 at 10:11 pm // Reply

super guy you need a new battery in it.

29. pokemonmaster7 // September 16, 2009 at 10:06 pm // Reply

yo person or who ever you are don’t try duplicating i tried10 times allready.

30. pokemonmaster7 // September 16, 2009 at 10:00 pm // Reply

yo people,i’m battling raikou right now.i just threw the ultra ball sory he broke free.he has a little it of health left.

31. pokemonmaster7 // September 16, 2009 at 9:57 pm // Reply

to lengendary hunter Nope!those are the only lengendaries

32. pokemonmaster7 // September 16, 2009 at 9:49 pm // Reply

i saw raikou and entei before i faced the elite 4.i found it on the west side of ecruteak city and entei at the entrance of mt.mortar at magonany town.just for advice make sure your pokemon speed is high which 150.attack when you see them a track then down after that.for example if ou got raikou in red next time you see him he’ll still be in red.well i hope this helped SeeYa!

33. To Silver Spiker,
    There is a good chance they will though because excluding fire red and leaf green, every other generation had three games, where two were released and then the third came out later, (yellow, crystal, emerald, platinum).

34. Silver Spiker // August 13, 2009 at 1:43 pm // Reply

To fiveoclock:
    Sorry, they’re not remaking Crystal for DS, but they’re making HeartGold and SoulSilver for DS. HeartGOLD and SoulSILVER are remakes of Gold and Silver.
    I’ll be on Mystery Dungeon Board as SuperShadic999.

35. To person,
    You can’t in crystal version, if you have red or blue version than I can tell you how.

36. how do you duplicate a master ball?

37. To Legendary Hunter,
    That are in this game, no. But to beat the game you have to traide over Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, and Mew.

38. Legendary Hunter // July 29, 2009 at 7:08 pm // Reply

Are there any other rare pokemon other then Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-Oh, Lugia and Celebi??

39. To VGM,
    That is because you haven’t seen them yet…Check in the grasses of the Johto region, try route 44 or 45. Once you see them they will be in your pokedex and you can track them with the area feature. You know you haven’t “beaten the game” unless you catch all 250/251 pokemon like I have. We can not give game shark codes, you don’t need it though they are easy to find.

40. Hi, can anyone help? I know this is ironic coming from someone who calls himself the videogame master, but my Crystal version rom is acting up, and for some reason, entei and raikou aren’t in my pokedex even though i have beat the entire game. Is there a code (preferably gameshark) that can fix this?

41. this game is so old! when i save, it sometimes doesnt work!

42. I caught Ho-oh With ONE ultraball!I put it to sleep and beat it up and put it to sleep again with my level 49 Poliwrath and tossed the ball.I’m not making this up.It really happened.It was cool.I’ve tried a loooong time to get Ho-oh and the dogs

43. To KawaiiUmbreon,
    No problem, glad I could help. If you get stuck feel free to ask for help.

44. KawaiiUmbreon // July 13, 2009 at 1:39 pm // Reply

Wow thanks a lot 😀

45. the poll ends the 7-19-09

46. Here is a new poll.
    Who is better?
    A.Mew
    B.Mewtwo
    (post what you think on the pokemon platinum page)

47. To KawaiiUmbreon,
    You played that far with out fly? That is horrible. Go back to Cianwood City and talk to the gym leaders wife right out side of the gym and she will give you fly. After you beat the elite four Proffesor Elm should have given you the SS ticket. Go to the Olivine City dock and a boat will take you to Vermilion City in the Kanto Region. There are a toatal of 8 gym leaders you will have to beat. Pallet Town is one of the last towns you will visit, you should have 7 Kanto Badges before you get there. If you get stuck in a town or can’t figrue out where to go next feel free to ask for help.

48. KawaiiUmbreon // July 8, 2009 at 1:57 pm // Reply

I am not sure what to do after you beat the pokemon league. I went to kanto and beat gardenia and janie now what? how do I go to pallet town?

p.s. WHere do you get fly??

49. To Yoshi Yo,
    You picked Cyndaquil which evolves at level 14 into Quilava.

50. when I first got the game I picked QUILAVA. When I fought the first gymleader I beat him with my QUILAVA LV:13 then it evolved at LV:13