Games Guru

Pokemon Crystal Version

Can you only get Raikou and Entei after beating the elite four? And where would you find them if you can get them before the Pokemon league (elite-four)?

Games Guru: You will run into Raikou and Entei early on, in a Ecruteak City, but they leave before you can catch them. After that, you can track them down on your Pokedex.

Is Mewtwo in the game?

Games Guru: Mewtwo is number 150 on the Pokedex, so yes, he is indeed in there.

I’m in Mt. Silver. I meet with Red. I save the game before I battle him. I’ve been trying to win against him, but I keep losing!! How do I win?

Games Guru: Bad news: There is no simple answer for beating Red. His Pokemon are Pikachu, Snorlax, Espeon, Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise. If you are coming in with a powerful Golem or Onyx, hoping to pound down his Pikachu, you will get a face full of Venusaur and Bloastoise. He will cook your electrics, shock and plant your waters, and dark your psychics. So what do you do? You return the favor. Build up your elite team so you can take damage and deal out some harm, then send out a fire Pokemon when he gives you Venusaur and Snorlax. Send out a Pokemon with some earthquaking ability to meet his Pikachu. You get the drift. If you are going to beat Red, you will beat him with basics—strong Pokemon that can play off his weaknesses.

Where can you get Mew? I found this many times online:

1. Catch all Unown

2. Have letters M-E-W in party

3. Fly to lake of rage

4. Surf up and down till you see him.

I’ve tried this for 6 hours straight and it does not work. Am I doing something wrong, or am I missing something?

Games Guru: As I understand it, Mew is not available in Crystal but can be obtained by trading with someone who has captured it in Red or Blue.

How do I get all 3 legendary pokemon in the game?

Games Guru: I might be showing my ignorance here, but we’re talking about a game that features Articuno, Zapdos, Multres, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo and Entei, among others. Which pokemon in particular are you looking for?

Tags:

Comments about “Pokemon Crystal Version”

1. pika12 says:

TO:Froggy17 Dude you are a pokemon genius!!! How’d you os much about pokemon?

2. pika12 says:

How do clone pokemon on gold and/or silver?

3. ShinyHunter says:

Hey Froggy17 want to know if its true…. Do you have a better chance at shiny pokemon if you breed them?? like i know when you get the “Odd Egg” it has a ten percent chance of being shiny but what about others that you breed is it still going to be 1/8192??

• froggy17 says:

You have a slightly better chance by breeding one with a non shiny, and if you breed two shiny pokemon your odds could increase to as much as 1 in 64. Either way it is still almost as hard to get a shiny pokemon by breeding as it is to find one in the wild.

4. ShinyManny says:

Ok just to make sure if you breed koffings the odds are still the same which is 1/8192 of getting a shiny or is it different?

5. DpsWarMage says:

Pokemon is such simple game…I have in my team Aerodactyl lvl 87,Alakazam lvl 92,Heracross lvl 84,Kingdra lvl 89,Tyranitar lvl 91,Hitmonchan lvl 80.Red didn’t even manage to land a hit to my pokemons.Aerodactyl Vs Pikatchu,Hitmonchan Vs Snorlax (MindReader-Dynamic Punch=1HKO),Alakazam with elemental punches VS Charizard,Blastoise,Venosaur (1HKO each 1),Heracross Vs Espeon (megahorn 1HKO).Haha!Poor Ash Ketchum!Pitiful! PS!Im 27 ^^

6. Crystal Ftw says:

Alright again guys, i’ve done the elite four, got 15 gym badges in total. And now I’m stuck, where’s Misty???

• froggy17 says:

Look for Misty North of Cerulean City on route 25, she is on a date when you interrupt her. But are you sure you are looking for Misty? You can’t get 3 badges untill you get the machine part in Cerulean City and I would think you would have found her already, maybe you just missed her.

• Crystal Ftw says:

Ah right thanks pal. I managed to find her, and i’ve got all 16 badges. Now to take on Red. Any good places to train?

• froggy17 says:

The Trainer House in Viridian City is a good place to get one trainer every day, it is either someone with every johto starters final evolvment or the last real person you battled. Your rival will battle you every monday and wednesday at the elite four entrance, (the eleite four are pretty good practise too). Besides that the best place to train is Mt. Silver and the grassy area in front of it.

7. froggy17 says:

If anyone has questions make them a new comment, I don’t usually notice them if they are a reply to something from a month ago.

8. Tornado14 says:

I finally caught Entei! And Im tracking Raikou through my Poke’dex.For those of you who are wondering where to get them-I encountered BOTH of them on the mountain route between Blackthorn and New Bark.I found Entei on the bottom half(The new Bark Side) and raikou on the Upper half (Blackthorn side).But,of course-u might encounter them at a different place-but this route is a very good place to check.Now,i need help catching Raikou-I already used my masterball on Entei-so its getting kinda difficult to catch Raikou.Which ball should I use-What do you guys suggest??

• Crystal Ftw says:

Ah, well you should’ve saved your masterball for someone like Lugia or Ho-Oh, and used Ultra Balls for Entei and Raikou. I would definitely use Ultra Balls on Raikou, as it’s the second best ball. Hope this helps pal.

• comment poster says:

no do not use the masterball on ho-oh/lugia just save before you see them,weaken them and just throw ultra balls like crazy if you know how copy the masterball (i wouldnt risk copying more than three because it may harm your game)and catch entei and rakiou afterwards you still have your masterball if you copied three.

• froggy17 says:

Paralyze it, weaken it and then use false swipes to get it’s health to one hp. Fast balls work best on it, you will need white appricotts to make them.

• Tornado14 says:

Gosh,I cant catch raikou even after I use mean look!! It just uses roar!How did you guys catch it?? HELP!!! :(

• BloodLustJake says:

use the Cloning cheat to get masterballs

• BloodLustJake says:

well you need to use yer head to get the three Dogs…..the max amount of masterballs you need is five.you need the for the following pokemon

Enti
      Suicune
      Raikou
      Lugia
      ho-oh
      thats it but thats what i would do. you can make more for all the other pokemon……From yer Awsome Band Member/Fellow Pokemon partner.BloodLustJake….. <(-_-<) (^_^) booo yaaaaaa

• froggy17 says:

The cloning glitch is really only practical in Gold and Silver version, for in crystal version it will only work if you turn the game off in the 0.1 seconds it says POWER, pretty hard to do.

• LegendaryHunter says:

Actually the best ball other then the masterball in pokemon crystal would be the fast ball which has a 4x better chance then any pokemon if the pokemon speed is higher then 100 which it is trust me i through 2 of them and both caught them immediately

9. Crystal Ftw says:

Hey guys. I’ve done crystal before a fair few times in the past. I came back to it, only to find I haven’t really got a clue. I’m now up to the point where I have to challenge the elite four. Can you give me some help on where the best place to train my team is at? I’m always in Victory Road.

• Crystal Ftw says:

Don’t worry lads, i’ve done it.

• froggy17 says:

Well at this point you can’t access the best place to train and all of the trainers that you can battle more than once are later in the game. So sadly victory road is the best place to train at this point. Tell me your team and their levels and I can make suggestions.

• Crystal Ftw says:

It’s ok mate, I managed to do it, my team was Feraligatr lvl 50, Suicune lvl 50, Weepinbell lvl 50, Growlithe lvl 37, Nidoking lvl 40, Pidgeot lvl 40. I managed to do the elite four and beat lance with them. Thanks though pal.

• froggy17 says:

I like your team by the way.

10. Tornado14 says:

What happens when i breed my typhlosion with a ditto? Do i get like, a cyndaquill? or is it just another ditto?

11. Tornado14 says:

Where do i find the apricots needed to make pokeballs, dont i need 2 make a GS BAll in order to catch Celebi???

12. Tornado14 says:

Hey guys, i need help with crystal.Where do i find the apricots needed to make pokeballs in Ecruteak city?

• froggy17 says:

3 of them are on route 37 just south of Ecruteak City and the other 3 are on route 42.

• Tornado14 says:

I found ‘em. Thanx Froggy17. :D But if i cant get a Gs ball- then how do i catch celebi? And do you by any chance know where the third and fourth rooms at the ruins of alphs are? And what is the “round green pokemon with leaves around its neck” Bill’s grandpa is asking for? :) I know this is bit too much……….but please help me.

• froggy17 says:

Not at all this is what I am here for. Well here is the deal, for some reason they left out the GS from the English version of the game but not Celebie, so if you can some how trade a GS ball over from the Japanese version you can still catch it. Other wise you will have to cheat to get it because I am pretty sure there are no longer Nintendo events for these games. I have 250 pokemon, never managed to get Celebie.

• froggy17 says:

Go to the basement of union cave and surf to the other side, the two ways you can go are the two ways to the other caverns. Oh and he is asking for an oddish I belive, it has been a while.

13. charizard101 says:

how do you get through ice cave?!?! i am stuck(help froggy17)

• froggy17 says:

Ok you are probbably stuck on the huge ice sheet. On the level above it there are 4 boulders, you will need to push all of them in holes by using strength, if you accidently push it into a corner you can leave the floor and come back and it will be back in place. If you need any more details feel free to ask.

14. justprank says:

can someone help meon this.What happens after beating red(ash).

• froggy17 says:

You will get the “THE END” message again but you can keep playing. You should focus on catching all of the pokemon like I did after you beat Red.

15. super mario says:

Poll: Who is your favorite legendary beast?

a:Entei
    b:Suicune
    c:Raikou

Post your answers on the Pokemon Platinum Board. Poll Ends April 13

16. Thunderbird14 says:

Love Pokemon Crystal. I’ve tried other, newer Pokemon games but none are as good as crystal! I got a lvl 73 Typhlosion, lvl 75 Dragonite, lvl 64 Lugia, lvl 53 Snorlax, lvl 44 Pidgeot, lvl 47 Rapidash, a lvl 45 Suicune and a lvl 33 Gyrados. How am I going to fare against Ash? (aka Red idk why they called him that)

17. Anonymous says:

How do you get pokemon from red version to crystal version??? I have the cable and everything but the games won’t let me trade!!! I’m I doing something wrong???

• froggy17 says:

Go to the big blue time machine trading booth on the second floor of any pokecenter. You can not take back any new pokemon or pokemon that know new moves for it will stop you if you try. Just make sure it is conncected good and you are doing it at about the same time on both games.

18. DOC Holliday says:

btw i hate pokemon that have to like you to evolve^^

19. Rabbid says:

For the record, Red is Ash. Yes, Ash. From the anime.

20. shinygarchomp says:

froggy16, ask me if you have any help. ive beaten the game alot of times, and have the best possible team (in my opinion)

• froggy17 says:

I can’t tell if you are saying if I need help or need someone to help. Regardless I think we are good now, this site isn’t as busy as it use to be and I know pretty much everything there is to know about crystal. What is your team by the way?

21. IsaacGoldenSun says:

I am new to this site, and I will help anyone who needs me. to prove my worth, I almost have completed the pkdex and have a level 100 Typhlosion

22. TEAM BLAZERS says:

what get me so mad is they don’t have Final Fantasy 12!!!!!!!!!!

23. Random Trainer16 says:

i have a shiny electabuzz (i got it out of the egg the day care man gave me in crystal

24. Random Trainer16 says:

i need help training in victory road

• froggy16 says:

Are you training for the elite four? If so tell me your team and their levels and I can make some suggestions. The elite four in crystal is not as strong as they are in other games but they battle a little better.

25. rawrrr says:

how do you find entei? ive looked around in all the grass withrepels andeverything and i cant track him without seeing him once {ps i have raiko and suicune already}

26. poke20 says:

If your stuck just ask me.

27. froggy16 says:

To min20,
    Sorry I am tired of that big long chain of replies so I just wanted to say we can always use people to help.

28. Anonymous says:

can you tell me guys if where to catch mew in pokemon crystal

• Lucario13 says:

There was an event for it I think now you either have to cheat(which I don’t know how to do)or trade with someone who has it

• min20 says:

Anonymous, mew is not in the game. but the closet pokemon to mew is mewtwo and thats in the game. ether way, mew’s not in the game

• froggy16 says:

Sadly you can not find mew in crystal version. But, the good news is you can catch one in yellow, blue, or red version, if you would like to know how just ask, it is some what complicated but I have tested it and know it works.

• coolstone says:

That is the thing which I also want to know.

29. Lucario13 says:

Anyone need help?I’m eager and willing!

• min20 says:

Lucario 13, even though im helpin u and froggy 16, i need to know somthing

can u catch rakuo and entei after u battle suicune? i want to catch ho oh so i need to know

• Lucario13 says:

You can but you have to catch Suicune first.maybe not either yes

• froggy16 says:

Yes, once you have caught suicune the other two start to run wild. They can be on any route in the Johto region but the best place to check is the grass in route 44 because no matter what their path they have to eventually run through that route. Once you see them the first time you can track them with the area feature of your pokedex.

• dark123 says:

you sure can see them right after or before you battle suicune

• Anonymous says:

why cant i clone in crystal version and when i try the Pokemon i clone is still in my party.

30. kirby123 says:

I beat the whole game and then one day I tried to play it but it kept restarting. Is there a way to fix it?

• froggy16 says:

If you mean you couldn’t save than it is probably a problem with the internal battery, the only way to fix it is to send it into Nintendo but that could cost a lot of money, might as well buy a new game. If you mean you lost your old file there is most likely no way to get it back.

• Lucario13 says:

Hate to say It but I think your game is broken.You could try to send to Nentendo to have them fix it but it would be cheaper to buy a new one.Sorry.:(

31. Lucario13 says:

I want to help on Crystal

32. Lucario says:

Changing to Lucario13.So many people have # after their names I thought I would to.It’s my age.

33. Lucario says:

I’ll do the best I can.I’ll notify you when I’m going on a vacation.Your the headmaster of the older games.Well not that old.FireRed generation games aren’t that old.

34. Anonymous says:

Typhlosion level 80 with: Cut, Dynamic Punch, Flamethrower and Thunder Punch. Beats all of reds pokemon with one hit
    Flamethrower – Pikachu, Espeon, Snorlax and Venusaur
    Thunderpunch – Charizard and Blastoise

• min20 says:

ur wrong anonymous. i have a typloshin lv83 and i still couldnt take down blastoise

• Lucario13 says:

yeah that would be next to impossible.But I’ve had crazy battles like that.

• min20 says:

i agree lucario13. oh yeah by the way froggy16 i restarted my game and can u catch entei and ralkuo after u battle suicune in tin tower. if u give me an awnser ull be helpin me to get ho oh

and ill also be helping with awnsers

• PikaPika9 says:

My friend did that too.

• froggy16 says:

Sorry didn’t see that you asked here, responded up there ^^^ But anyway, yes, once you have caught suicune the other two start to run wild. They can be on any route in the Johto region but the best place to check is the grass on route 44 because no matter what their path they have to eventually run through that route. Once you see them the first time you can track them with the area feature of your pokedex.

35. Lucario says:

BTW did you see the new pokemon movie?I liked it.

36. Lucario says:

Hey Froggy16,I know I’m not as good as you and Salamence101 but I can help you with this page if you like.Please resond.

37. froggy16 says:

To URWRONG,
    What are you talking about? In gold and siver version you can clone pokemon, if you would like to know how just ask. Notice I didn’t say crystal version…you can’t do it in crystal version. And if you win the lucky number show you do get a masterball…so what are you talking about?

• URWRONG says:

i won the lucky number and i did not get anything

• froggy16 says:

You have to go to the front desk in the Radio Tower in Goldenrod City to claim your prize. The number has to match with your pokemons ID number. If you get 2 of them to match you get a PP up, 3 and you get an experience share, and if you get ALL 5 numbers (sorry I think I said 6 before) then you get a masterball. ALL 5 have to match…next time ask me for more details before assuming I got it wrong…

• BloodLustJake says:

To Froggy16:

you can to Clone pokemon in Crystal i do it all the time

38. min20 says:

canyou trade a masterball from pokemon yellow pikachu verson

39. min20 says:

can you get a nother masterball besides the one professer elm gives you?

• froggy16 says:

The best way is to trade one over from gold or silver version and in gold and silver you can clone pokemon and the items they are holding. But, if you some how win the lucky number show (your odds are about 1 in 999,999 normally but you can increase the more people you trade with) you get a masterball.

40. min20 says:

its ok. i see what im messsing up. thanks!

41. froggy16 says:

To min20,
    That is a lot of information so if you need me to be more specific on anything just let me know.

42. froggy16 says:

To min20,
    Ok I realized I needed a third. When you think you are ready to battle Red, lead with your graveler (golem if you can trade with a friend) and use earthquake to beat Pikachu. For Espeon use your Umbreon (if you need info on getting your eevee to evolve into umbreon let me know) and use bite or faint attack on Espeon. For Snorlax I would use your Snorlax and use rollout. For Charizard use your pickachu (evolve it after it learns thunder and thunderbolt). For Blastoise you can use tangela or Pickachu. And for Venusaur you can use your Typhlosion. Obviously if any of your pokemon faint you will have Typhlosion as a back-up. Oh and when you are training your pokemon, when they get to about level 50, instead of using experience share let them take on the elite four.

43. froggy16 says:

To min20,
    Ok part two. Your problem is you will need to have your other pokemon to at LEAST level 60. I would suggest level 70 but it is not required. My suggestion is to give one of the pokemon you want to train an experience share and then beat the elite four with your Typhlosion over and over untill your pokemon has a higher level. You can also try the Trainer House in Viriidan City and you can find your rival at the entrance of the elite four on Mondays and Wednesdays.

44. froggy16 says:

To min20,
    Oh…I see your problem. Ok I am going to break this up into two comments. First, your team. Pickachu (Raichu later) is a good pokemon, you can use tangela, eevee would help if you made it umbreon, and snorlax isn’t a bad choice as a back up. Rapadash on the other hand has no use because of your typhlosion. So for your other pokemon I would suggest catching a level 48 graveler in the area of Mt. Silver where Red is.

45. min20 says:

second best is snorlax, level 51, tangla, level 44, pikachu, level 25, rapdash, level 44, and eevee, level 20

46. min20 says:

my best pokemon is typloshin, level 80

47. froggy16 says:

To min20,
    I would be glad to help, tell me your team and their levels and I can make some suggestions, (oh and I have 20 pichus, for some reason I really liked them when I was younger).

48. min20 says:

i cant beat red because of his blastoise. can someone tell me how to beat him?? (plz help me on this one froggy16.)

49. min20 says:

EVERYONE!! leave a pikachu with a ditto at the daycare in goldenrold, come back a few days later, there will be a egg. wait for one day and it will hatch and it will be a pichu.

50. froggy16 says:

To min20,
    You have to get the HM07 for waterfall. It is in ice path, after the first ice maze there is a smaller ice maze that you probably just went right pass, at the end of it is waterfall.

• IssacGoldenSun says:

Yo. This is my favorite pkmn game, And I have done everything except complete the pkdex. I can help anyone, anytime.

Write a comment about “Pokemon Crystal Version”

Nickname: