The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I can’t figure out how to play the harp correctly when Nina sings for customers in the pumpkin-house-thingy-mabbober.

Games Guru: It’s a terrific game overall, but this is a glitchy mini-game. Try holding the Wiimote so that the buttons face the left. Also, try recalibrating the Motion Plus just before you start. Follow the hands of the audience and match their rhythm. Don’t make wild moves. But do make them wide and flowing. Good luck!

I have reached the ground floor and am at the first temple. I got to the Skultas and can’t figure out how to defeat them. If you know any helpful tips, that would be great.

Games Guru: Whack them with a horizontal Wiimote strike. They’ll turn around. Then thrust theWiimote to hit them in the guts, their centers. Good news: You’ll get an item soon that’ll make dealing with the Skulltulas easier.

O Great Games Guru, do you have any big tips for defeating Ghiraham? I am stuck at the part where you must fight him for the second time in the fire sanctuary. There just seems no way to hit him; he blocks all my attacks. Any tips?

Games Guru: Go here and follow the instructions:

I am looking for the party wheel for the guy at Fun Fun Island. I know that it is in Lanayru Desert near the Lanayru Mining Facility entrance. I know that it is on a cliff that I can’t get to. The only clue I have is that there is an Amplius near it. How do I get the wheel?

Games Guru: It’s in the Lanayru Desert near the most Southern Bird Statue. Find and activate the Timeshift Stone. Vines will appears. Climb them and move eastward. You’ll soon see the wheel, somewhat covered by sand.

Would you please give me some tips for this game, o wise Games Guru? Thank you.

Games Guru: We have some tips in the March issue of Boys’ Life. If you missed them, here they are:

1. There’s a heart piece on the hanging chandelier in the Lumpy Pumpkin on Pumpkin Landing. To get it, roll into the banister which causes the chandelier to crash to the ground.

2. The Silent Realms can be quite challenging. The trick sometimes is to scope out and collect the most challenging tears first and save the easy to get to ones in case of an emergency.

3. If you’re ever in need of a fairy, there is one in a pot at the left side of the temple in the Sacred Grounds.

4. Koloktos is a tough boss to beat. Use your whip to pull away his arms, and then repeatedly stab the red heart-like jewel in his chest. The second part of the fight is even more of an adrenaline rush. Let’s just say that you have to use his weapons against him.

5. Collect Gratitude Crystals by doing side quests in and around Skyloft. To find out what the Gratitude Crystals are for, start with the “Lost Child” quest by talking to the worried mom by the Goddess Statue.

42 Comments on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

1. i never expected Lanayru Mining Facility to be a dungeon.

2. how do you get hero mode??

3. super gamer // April 21, 2014 at 10:27 am // Reply

i beat it ask me any questions

4. annoyed link // December 25, 2013 at 4:03 pm // Reply

if anyone calls me Zelda ONE MORE TIME…

5. Oh my gosh, the final boss is (almost) IMPOSSIBLE! I beat him though. I find it very irritating that you can’t keep playing after you win.

6. polarbearman222 // December 25, 2013 at 9:15 am // Reply

This game is pretty cool. But it’s harrrrrrd!

7. Im stuck on the faron woods can you help me

8. thedoctorrocks // April 7, 2013 at 8:07 am // Reply

I’m stuck on the wing ceremony were you have to jump off the goddess statue and use the sailcloth any tips? plz help me with tips!

9. i need tips for the skyloft silent realm.

10. How do you get a bomb bag in east Eldin volcano?

11. Ultimate Game Master // January 16, 2013 at 2:21 am // Reply

Im in hero mode and i forgot how to get in to the farron woods temple

12. i am stuck at the lava realm in the chamber with the eye you need to walk on i have done all of the stuff in there i think, i just can’t get past that room.

13. how do you get past the very first area in the eldin province?

• you point your sword at the eye and move the sword in a circle for about 10 seconds then the eye gets dizzy and it fall off

14. when u beet the dragon bosses battles in layru deasert, u get the hyilin shield

15. I love this game! But on my non-compleated file, and stuck behind bars when I went into the water temple

16. i have already beat the game and trying to beat demise on hero mode wish me luck

17. skywardsword is pretty good, demise is hard. i beat him with 5 heart potion++’s, 2 life medals, and the hylian shield, you get hylian shield by beating like 6 or 7 bosses in boss rush.

18. Really fun game. Just so you know to get the wheel you need an ancient flower. Then give it to the guy in the gizmo shop to get his ancient hover bot working to pick up the wheel.

19. the games awesome!!!!!!! im almost on demise!!!!!!!!!its the best zelda game in the history of the world! i love it!

20. the legand of wesley // November 14, 2012 at 5:08 pm // Reply

game fun demise hard 1st imprisand super easy

21. I played it at my cousins house. In Eldin Volcano, how do beat the demon lord? He’s got like, fifty hearts? (P.S. how do you get fifty gratitude cystals? Its so hard!)

22. Demise took me like 15 tries to beat u will need like 3 heart potions to survive

23. The game is so easy!!! Have any of you guys gotten stuck trying to find the key to the big palace in Eldin Volcano? If you are, I know where it is. If you go to the end of the railing where you can jump off, jump off to your left. You will fall, But a platform should appear. Go through the door and then light the torches in order. Then you will get the key.

24. demise is hard how do you beat him

25. darthchimpatron! // August 10, 2012 at 9:18 am // Reply

awesomest game in the universe but demise was eeeeasy