Games Guru

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

How do you beat the great maze in subspace emissary? I have four different locations!!!

Games Guru: It’s really hard. This video should help you, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k5kxPjzfNI

How can you beat Target Smash Level 5 in under 20 seconds? What are some tips in beating Cruel Brawl in Multi-Man Brawl? What characters have the highest KO rates in their attacks? How do you control R.O.B.’s Final Smash? Which high-jumping character would be good for beating Boss Battle Mode? What is a good technique for beating Master Hand and Crazy Hand? Thank you.

Games Guru: Wow. You have a lot of questions. Answers for beating Boss Battle mode might help you with your other questions, too:

Don’t button mash. Wait for a pause in their fighting, then hit once or twice. But don’t go wild or they’ll get you. Do a quick multiple attack. Then retreat to somewhere safe to shoot missiles. Dodge the boss’s moves. Use your most powerful strikes like Hammer. Don’t use your heart containers all at once since you don’t have many.

Fox and Ness are great against Duon and Meta Ridley since Fox and Ness have reflectors or absorbers. Pikachu works great with any boss who flies. Just use Thunder. Marth works against a ton of bosses. Just use Counter.

I heard some talk on comments a while back that you can unlock Ridley as a playable character. How can I do that?

Games Guru: You might be able to unlock Ridley by beating Tabuu on any difficulty with Samus playing first on your lineup, as long as you play and die three times straight.

Are there any codes for this game?

Games Guru: There are tons of codes out there. Here are some ways to unlock bonus stages:

- Jungle Japes (from Super Smash Bros. Melee): Fight on any Melee stage 10 times.

- Luigi’s Mansion: Use Luigi in 3 Brawls.

- Mario Bros.: Complete Match #19 (Wario Bros.).

- Pokemon Stadium: Fight in the Pokemon Stadium 2 stage 10 times.

- Spear Pillar: Finish Match #25 (The Aura Is With Me).

How do you defeat Taboo? He’s hard!

Games Guru: He’s really hard. The short answer to your question is to use characters that fly because Tabuu is quite a flier. So get Diddy Kong, Peach, Meta Knight, Marth and Game & Watch together because they have the finest air attacks.

Here’s one other tip: Avoid Tabuu’s whip by using the shield and dodge functions. To avoid Tabuu’s other attacks, you’ll be sidestepping, jumping and rolling a lot.

I can’t get anyone to shoot the sandbag far in the homerun derby minigame. Any advice?

Games Guru: Try Bowser. Check out this YouTube link as well. Using Bowser, this guy sent the sandbag over 2,100 feet.

Comments about “Super Smash Bros. Brawl”

1. aekids says:

in case u haven’t notised i un lokced sonic and snake how do u do snakes coeds

2. aekids says:

the 3 hardest final smashes to control: 3:lucorio 2:sonic 1:pikachu

3. LEADER OF FIVE101 says:

P.S. I like Mr. Game & Watch.

4. LEADER OF FIVE101 says:

The game is sooooooooo awesome!!! :-)

5. king dedede says:

One of my friends says there’s already a DS version of this game.

6. bob says:

how do you get luigi

7. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS says:

they are different but mewtwo would pwn lucario. p.s why did they take pichu out?!?!?! snake pwns!!!! :)

• Toon Link Master says:

Mewtwo would not pwn Lucario. Lucario has a better dodge. Plus, Mewtwo was one of of the worst tiered characters in SSBM.

• boohead84 says:

toon link master: Who really cares about tiers anyone person can do good with anyone of the melee or brawl characters.

• king dedede says:

They took out Pichu because he’s pretty much a clone of Pikachu, just like they took out Dr. Mario and Young Link (although I’m not sure that’s technically correct, because they replaced him with Toon Link, who’s basically a cartoon version of Young Link.

8. IcyFlame says:

for people that think that lucario and mewtwo are almost the same think again. just because they both throw orbs of energy doesnt mean that the rest of their attacks are the same. anyone who thinks against this plz reply and write the reason why u think they are the same

9. IcyFlame says:

the game is awesome and i heard in the grat maze that when u press the + button and look at the map u can see in which door the bosses are( a little face appears on the doors), it happened to me once but then they dissapeared! how do u get it back? oh and if u fought all the characters and bosses there go to the room where u see their trophies and u see a door open in the back stand in front of it and move the control stick up(like opening a door) and then u fight tabuu

• helper says:

when you first start on the flying stadium stage you have to make all three (not counting the save station) doors apeare. do this by makeing a huge loop around the maze

10. IcyFlame says:

hey everyone try this. in group mode press special brawl and choose 300% damage and then press ok then in one of the slots put zelda and change her to sheik as a cpu then put her in level nine then try to beat in teams you with other ppl against sheik. it will be really hard! and fun. ps. if you r teaming up with a cpu dont put his level higher than 7 or he will kill her the most

11. ShadowTheDuck aka Technolord says:

good stuff ^_^

12. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS says:

i beat the story mode 3 times. p.s. Mario is awesome! :) !

13. aekids says:

YO 5goldenrings do u prefer mario or tabbuu

14. pokemon409 says:

my dad started out as sheik i dont know how he did it

• BaconLover103 says:

For the gamecube controller, hold R. P.S This also works with samus exept she turns in2 0 suit samus.

• king dedede says:

Easy. You know how when you select Zelda, she and Shiek both appear in the picture? If you move your cursor over to Shiek and then press A or 2, the picture will flash and Shiek will appear as the name instead of Zelda. You will then start out as Shiek.

• king dedede says:

This also works for Pokemon Trainer. You can choose the Pokemon to start out with. If you don’t choose your Pokemon, you’re most likely gonna start out with Charizard.

15. aekids says:

new ssb sohuld be on ds rit

16. king dedede says:

I have some recommendations for Final Smashes.

Tails: X-Tornade (Flies around and shoots missiles)
    Bowser Jr: Becomes giant and pummels everyone with his shell.
    All I’ve got so far. If anyone can think of more characters and Final Smashes, tell me them.

• Halaswisscheese says:

ridley: turn into meta ridley
      metroid: evolve and become and alpha metroid. if you get it again, you become a gamma metroid, then zeta metroid and lastly, omega metroid

• IcyFlame says:

i think youre exaggerating the metroid thing if that happens its unfair and i dont think should actually be a character (though ridley should) and i think the three bounty hunters in metroid prime 3 should be there like Rundas and his final smash is that he creates about three pillars of ice in the background and shoots ice missiles, for Ghor he could get his machine thing and shoot plasma beam shots, and for Gandrayda she could be able to grapple u and electrify u

• Toon Link Master says:

@king dedede
      Toad: Shroom Shooter(Toad throws out mushrooms at high speed)
      Birdo: Egg Onslaught(Explosive eggs rain down on the stage)
      Skull Kid: Deku Nut Paralysis(All enemies can’t move for 15 seconds)

• Spike says:

Dude, if you’re going to have the Skull Kid in there, the only final smash worth considering would be something to do with Majora’s Mask XD

• supersilver98 says:

Shadow: Caos Control (freezes EVERYTHING except Shadow in it’s tracks)
      Dialga: Roar of Time (deals tons of damage to everyone that comes within reach of it’s attack)
      Aiai: (from super-monkey-ball) banana frenzy (Aiai runs around the stage hurling bananas at its enemies)

• king dedede says:

Sorry I haven’t posted a comment in a while. I got more new Final Smashes.
      Po (from Kung Fu Panda) : Wuxi Finger Hold
      Young Tigress: Fire Boulder (I decided to give her firepower) This is kind of like Lucario’s Aura Sphere, except bigger and it is a lot faster.

By the way, it doesn’t really matter if you say movie characters shouldn’t be in the game. The characters in the next game are all up to Nintendo.

17. Giggiter14 says:

This game is so easy, I beat it on VERY INTENSE

18. Sheep says:

how do you hit a home run with the home run bat?

GO KIRBY!!

19. Ike pwns says:

Just making sure you all know: ridley isn’t a playable character.

20. Spore74 says:

You know, A Super Smash Bros. DS Version might be possible with the comming of the 3DS (Although I am not confirming it…). Reply if you think this is a good idea.

• Natscout says:

I think it could be possible, but the people at Nintendo would have to be awfully careful to make sure that the game is well recieved by the gamers in the world who are Super Smash Bros. fans.

21. aekids says:

wario is wierd who agrees

22. aekids says:

i cant beat subspase!!!!! (thats probobly because i get no time to play the game).help

23. Meta Kirby says:

As my name suggests, I pwn with meta knight and kirby. I have unlocked all characters and stages. I was hurt to see that in an older comment, someone said kirby’s final smash was weak. It pwns! Oh, and did I mention, DON’T DIS THE KIRBY!!!!!!!!! Any character has awesome potential and power if the right person is using them. I used to think olimar was stupid until I was beaten hands- down by one. My best characters are meta knight, kirby, lucario, pikachu, and pokemon trainer.

24. aekids says:

Something wierd just happened I got captain falcon in 14 brawls weird right?LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!! :)

25. pokemon409 says:

who do u unlock after unlocking toon link and how do u unlock him/her

• king dedede says:

After unlocking Toon Link, you can unlock Wolf by doing to two different things.
      1. Beat Boss Battle mode with Fox or Falco.
      2. Look for a new door in the ruins on Adventure Mode (not exactly sure where the door is) :(

• pokemon409 says:

no, u can also unlock wolf by playing 450 brawls offline. they can be with or without teams. to make teams, hit the button that says brawl or special brawl in the character selection menu. u will now be on teams

26. aekids says:

I LOVE ssbb my fave is falco just unloked him :) my 2nd fave is pokemon tranir! 3rd fave is lawgi bye :)

27. axonn says:

romano, just go to the room with a huge door in the background, go to the middle of the room and press up. you will enter it like any other door, see sonic, and fight tabuu.

28. axonn says:

Is there anyone who wishes there were cool characters were in this game? I wish That King K. Rool, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Roy, Mewtwo, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, And maybe Eggman were playable.

29. Trascout says:

How do you get the Final Smash trophies for each character?

• Shadow Mario72 says:

You must beat All-star mode (unlock all-star mode by unlocking all of the characters) with the chracter that you want the final smash of (metaknight- galaxia darkness, mario- mario finale, etc.)

• aekids says:

i was just about to ask that

30. king dedede says:

Just a little question: What game does Mr. Game & Watch come from? If anyone knows, reply ASAP.

31. Treeckoman says:

I have come back!!!!!!!!!!! (in case you rember me)

32. slayer7 says:

i need help on thegreat maze cause its so hard help me!

33. Man in Black says:

I dont understand why they wont include Waluigi as a playable character in any of these games!

34. king dedede says:

OK, I’m also 5goldenrings. A while ago, I asked about your favorite final smashes. Now choose your favorite course out of these.
    Halberd
    Flat Zone
    Big Blue
    Final Destination
    Warioware
    Donkey Kong
    Mario Bros.
    (P.S. These are my favorite courses.)

35. 5goldenrings says:

Character talk #3: Why did they have to take out Mewtwo? Shouldn’t legendary Pokemon be in there? And why Jigglypuff? He’s not that popular.

• Natscout says:

Personally, I do not know why they took out Mewtwo. But the character that replaced him was Lucario, who has very simiar attacks.

• IcyFlame says:

U ONLY SAY THAT BECAUSE HE CAN THROW A LITTLE ORB THING! BUT THEY ARENT WHAT THE CREATORS OF THE GAME CALL CLONES!

• Lucario says:

Actually if you get a pokeball, you can throw it and sometimes, legendary pokemon come out! (Lugia, Latios/Latias, ect.)

• king dedede says:

Speaking of Latios/Latias, I beat Classic with Falco, and his congratulations picture showed him using his Illusion attack and there was a Latios right behind him! LOL Funny, right? :D

36. 5goldenrings says:

Character talk #2: Whatever happened to Waluigi? If they have Wario, why isn’t the fourth bro in there?

37. 5goldenrings says:

Another new character talk. Why would they have Diddy Kong but not Bowser Jr. (or Dixie Kong, but not that I care about her.)? It doesn’t make sense.

• link says:

i know! it is weird

• IcyFlame says:

guys calm down they didnt put some characters because its only the third smash bros. game you wont see all of them and im pretty sure that in the next game you will see those characters and by the way why isnt Roy in this game?!?

38. Anonymous says:

Is it possible to start with Zero suit samus using the gamecube controller?

• Titan says:

You can start out as Zero suit samus… but I just pressed buttons wildly and it came out like that. But you can start as zero suit samus

• Sheep says:

I know if you hold down “Z” on wii it starts with Zero suit samus. Go to the controller menu and see which button is the same as Z (z makes a shield)

• Pokemon 101 says:

Yes, it is! You can also do it on the Wiimote and Numchck For Gamecube: When it says READY TO FIGHT!! hold L and R until the Brawl starts when it does start, Samus’s Power Suit will fall of an you will be Zero Suit. To do it on Wiimote and Numchunk, Z untill it starts.

39. Army says:

I wish you could play as a Boo.

40. super mario says:

If anyone needs help with the game, you know who to call!:)

41. pokemon921 says:

How do you get to taboo in the grate maze. I beat all the purple people and have gone everywhere.

• supershadic135 says:

1: go to the jungle and break the brick pillar, it will reaveal a door. then go through and fight enemies. you will see 2 arrows. go upward and through the door shown

42. 5goldenrings says:

OK, I want all you guys out there to vote on the best final smash out of these ten guys.
    Kirby
    Sonic
    Bowser
    Luigi
    Ike
    Meta Knight
    Link
    Wolf
    Wario
    Lucas

43. Luigi man says:

I’ve heard you can unlock master chief by beating everything whith every character on intense whith one life

44. 5goldenrings says:

If you’re having trouble unlocking all characters, here’s a fast way to do it. (It really takes 2 hours.)
    1.Go to Group.
    2.Select Special Brawl.
    3.Put on Stamina.
    4.Put a Flower on the head.
    5.Go down to Next.
    6.Select any character.
    7.Select any CPU (only 1).
    8.Set the CPU’s stamina to 1.
    9.Choose Random on Stage Select.
    10.The CPU will die as soon as the match starts.
    11.Repeat the process. You have to do this tons of times.

45. romano says:

super smash bros brawl is cool! but, how do you get to tabuu?

• chucknorris says:

in the great maze you have to collect all the stone statues of people and if you go to the big room you see how many you have left P.S. you need to battle all of the bosses to.

46. 00Mushroom says:

The great maze is hard

47. gamer13 says:

My friend and I went over 2,600 in the sandbag home-run contest

48. Eat Sonic's (My) Dust! says:

I’m ‘I Am Me!’ and I still am the King of Ikedom.

49. 5goldenrings says:

Don’t you wish movie characters were in it? The Furious Five, the Chipmunks, Bolt and Rhino, Garfield (he’s been in 5 so far), the possibilities are endless!

• person says:

nope, it would ruin too much awesomeness. but it might be cool if some superheroes like Batman were in it.

• Lucario13 says:

your both wrong.Only Sega and Nintendo characters should be in it.And maybe Capcom like pacman and megaman

• IcyFlame says:

Lucario13 is right other characters that r not from nintendo or sega would just be wrong but im not so sure about capcom

• Lucario says:

MegaMan ROCKS!!!!

• king dedede says:

Hmmmmm… well, what about Disney, maybe? There could be King Mickey from Kingdom Hearts, and maybe Toy Story (LOTSO IS AWESOME! Too bad he was the bad guy)

Please let me know, OK?

• technolord says:

lol garfield?? wat wood his final smash be! LAsagna thunder?

• Spike says:

That’s what MUGEN is for

• Nickster 99 says:

Hey, I have an idea for the Chipmunks! The Chipmunks sing so off-key that the opponents KO themselves! HA!

• 5goldenrings says:

No way, Jose! I think that’s terrible. The Final Smashes for EACH CHIPMUNK should be waaayyyy more advanced.

• king dedede says:

Hey, everyone! I know u guys haven’t liked my suggestions lately, but if you like The Penguins of Madagascar on Nickolodeon, then you’ll like this one. In Adventure Mode, each of the four penguins will join your team one by one. Once you unlock them all, you can choose to have them individually, or as a team. Please let me know, OK?

50. qwerty says:

I’m still stuck in the great maze, how do i get out? I NEDD HELP!!!!!!!!!

Write a comment about “Super Smash Bros. Brawl”

Nickname: