Super Smash Bros. Brawl

How do you beat the great maze in subspace emissary? I have four different locations!!!

Games Guru: It’s really hard. This video should help you, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k5kxPjzfNI

How can you beat Target Smash Level 5 in under 20 seconds? What are some tips in beating Cruel Brawl in Multi-Man Brawl? What characters have the highest KO rates in their attacks? How do you control R.O.B.’s Final Smash? Which high-jumping character would be good for beating Boss Battle Mode? What is a good technique for beating Master Hand and Crazy Hand? Thank you.

Games Guru: Wow. You have a lot of questions. Answers for beating Boss Battle mode might help you with your other questions, too:

Don’t button mash. Wait for a pause in their fighting, then hit once or twice. But don’t go wild or they’ll get you. Do a quick multiple attack. Then retreat to somewhere safe to shoot missiles. Dodge the boss’s moves. Use your most powerful strikes like Hammer. Don’t use your heart containers all at once since you don’t have many.

Fox and Ness are great against Duon and Meta Ridley since Fox and Ness have reflectors or absorbers. Pikachu works great with any boss who flies. Just use Thunder. Marth works against a ton of bosses. Just use Counter.

I heard some talk on comments a while back that you can unlock Ridley as a playable character. How can I do that?

Games Guru: You might be able to unlock Ridley by beating Tabuu on any difficulty with Samus playing first on your lineup, as long as you play and die three times straight.

Are there any codes for this game?

Games Guru: There are tons of codes out there. Here are some ways to unlock bonus stages:

– Jungle Japes (from Super Smash Bros. Melee): Fight on any Melee stage 10 times.

– Luigi’s Mansion: Use Luigi in 3 Brawls.

– Mario Bros.: Complete Match #19 (Wario Bros.).

– Pokemon Stadium: Fight in the Pokemon Stadium 2 stage 10 times.

– Spear Pillar: Finish Match #25 (The Aura Is With Me).

How do you defeat Taboo? He’s hard!

Games Guru: He’s really hard. The short answer to your question is to use characters that fly because Tabuu is quite a flier. So get Diddy Kong, Peach, Meta Knight, Marth and Game & Watch together because they have the finest air attacks.

Here’s one other tip: Avoid Tabuu’s whip by using the shield and dodge functions. To avoid Tabuu’s other attacks, you’ll be sidestepping, jumping and rolling a lot.

I can’t get anyone to shoot the sandbag far in the homerun derby minigame. Any advice?

Games Guru: Try Bowser. Check out this YouTube link as well. Using Bowser, this guy sent the sandbag over 2,100 feet.

1,539 Comments on Super Smash Bros. Brawl

1. Omega Knight // January 10, 2011 at 11:23 am // Reply

Okay this is weird… I DROWNED AS A SQUIRTLE?!

2. Omega Knight // January 10, 2011 at 10:32 am // Reply

Hey guys, it turns out you can turn any boss into a trophy by lowering the boss’s HP, all the while keeping it, ‘alive.’ After a while (and if you’re lucky enough) a trophy stand will appear, so grab it, but don’t use it right away. You to make sure he doesn’t move at all, or you could miss your shot.

Just some tips for this game. I’m VERY close to getting Tabuu’s trophy. Hope this helps! :D

• Hero_of_Time // February 3, 2011 at 7:33 pm // Reply

true, you can use trophy stands to capture bosses, but did you know they tend to appear more frequently on Intense mode? that’s the only time I’ve seen them, anyway…

• Omega Knight // February 4, 2011 at 7:49 pm //

Yeah, and to make them more likely to appear, put some stickers on the character’s trophy stand that make trophy stands appear more. That’s how I got Ridley! (Not Meta Ridley. Still working on him though.)

• Omega Knight // February 4, 2011 at 7:53 pm //

Oh, and I don’t know if anyone else knows this, but you can use golden hammers to break the windows in the challenges room. Also, everyone should work on beating boss battles with all characters on any difficulty, because if you do, then you can get the trophy, “Winged Tabuu”. Sure you can get a Tabuu trophy in the SSE, but he won’t have wings.

• link vs samus // February 12, 2011 at 12:24 pm // Reply

when u get tabuus trophy i think u unlock him. XD

• I don’t think so. I read a couple of older comments, and there was a guy who has done it, but didn’t say anything about unlocking Tabuu.

3. Omega Knight // January 6, 2011 at 10:55 am // Reply

I’ve unlocked all characters and all-star mode! Do you get assist trophies from the characters you completed all-star mode in?

4. Omega Knight // January 5, 2011 at 2:19 pm // Reply

Guys, you are not going to believe this, but when I was fighting Meta Ridley in the SE, a TROPHY DISC landed on the ship! I Of course, it was the first time I had seen one, so I was curios to see what it would do. So then I threw it at Ridley (stupid me) but when the disc hit him, he DID turn into a trophy… but then, sadly I realized my mistake- I should have thrown it when he was over the ship.

So just to tell you all, DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!

5. mewtwo was extremely considered for this game. If you hack into this game deeply, you can find a congradualations picture for him, the sound he makes when you choose him on the select charecter screen,and a few more things. He was canceled last minute and probaly replaced by lucario

6. Hey, me again. I actually never had this game. I just looked at a bunch of Brawl videos on YouTube. But I got it for Christmas. Anyhooo, I’m making a series of custom stages called SYI, which means Simple Yet Impossible. They’re simple to build, impossible to survive. My first one is just a simple four-block stage, but it’s going to get more interesting.

P.S. I have already unlocked Ness, Marth, Luigi, C. Falcon, and Falco.

7. Bowser, R.O.B, Toon Link, Meta Knight and Pokemon Trainer are all the good ones.
    PS, I heard if you hack deep enough, you can find Toon Sheik, Toon Zelda and Dixie Kong.

8. So… Who has all the challenges (The things in blue that break open and give you something when you do what it says)completed? I have, and i’d have all the golden hammers if I didn’t get impatient… Yes, I beat boss battles on intense.

9. sonic fan 12 // December 27, 2010 at 3:35 pm // Reply

How do you unlock Ash and his pikachu?

10. I have it. Realy cool!

11. To King Dedede: Fire bro:galaxia light:he throws giant fireball and erupts the light

12. goomba: GOOMBA ARMY ( HE CALLS HAMMER BROS,KOOPAS,and GIANT GOOMBAS)

13. Can u unlock Tails

14. Here are some predicted characters.
    Panther Carraso
    Dyna Blade
    MegaMan
    C. Falcon as a kid (don’t know what they’d call that.) Probibly C. Falcon jr.
    Waluigi
    And I’d personaly like it if they returned Roy. :)

• If Spongebob, Homer Simpson, Mr. L, Tron Bonne, and Fred Fredburger made it onto the 4th SSB, well, it’s been nice knowin’ ya Mario, Luigi, Ness, Peach and Fox!

• The Truth // July 17, 2011 at 8:21 pm //

If you can name a single one of those characters that are NINTENDO, then congratulations.

15. An awesome tip. As soon as you get Pokemon Trainer in your team (again), bring in him with you when you fight Tabuu. When Tabuu decides to use his almost impossible Inner Darkness (the wing move), switch your Pokemon. “Go Ivysaur”
    -ZZ3

16. supersmashbrother37 // December 8, 2010 at 9:39 pm // Reply

I know how to unlock some characters:
    Zero Suit Samus- hold z on the nunchuck before picking Samus and keep holding it until you press plus.
    Snake- Brawl 15 times on the Shadow Mosses Stage.
    Sonic- (listen up!) Beat Classic mode 10 times with 10 different characters.

17. how do u get sammus in suit

18. I beat tabuu on my 1st try.

19. i have melee but i want brawl

20. me back im at great maze HARD! grrrrr

21. Actually, It should be just Orta, and then here final smash is that she jumps on her dragon, then it fires random bursts of lasers.

22. aw idont even have the game but my frind has it

23. How do i get Toon link?

• Alright, dude, got to Adventure Mode and go to the place where you first play as Link(beat the mode first)and enter the first air door. Beat Toon Link and not only will he join your SE team, but you’ll unlock him for brawls! Hope this helps! BTW, I think its The Forest.

• ssbb master // November 14, 2010 at 12:04 pm //

or u could play 400 brawls.a quick way is to do specialbrawl,do flowerstamina match,and then set the cpus stamina to 1 and once u start its over.if you lose to toon link the first time, dont worry the next brawl you will face him again. and these brawls count as regular brawls.brawl out!

• you can get toon link if you complete classic mode on any difficulty. I would recommend King Dedede because he has strong attacks against toon link. (PS Does anyone know how to unlock Star Wolf?)

• yes i have star wolf i got him buy exploring the doors in the missions p.s. after u beet the game

• i know how to unlock him
        after u defeat tabuu go to the ruins and go through every door because telling u which is the exact door is really hard

• king dedede // March 11, 2011 at 5:48 pm //

It’s okay, IcyFlame, I’ll tell him for you. In the Ruins, when you go on that platform that slowly goes down and you have to avoid the spikes, you should go through the door that gives you health, then back. The platform you were on disappeared, and you’ll just fall to the bottom. Right before you land, there will be a new door. If you go through it, you’ll find Wolf and you’ll have to battle him. If you win, he’ll join your team (and you’ll unlock him as a playable character).

24. If you could have one character in the game, name who, what their powers are and what would happen when they get the power-up.

• I have only played Brawl a couple times, but i have to say that Meta-Knght is the only character I’d have, but u probably know what his powers are. if Mario was better, i’d choose him.
      it’s so sad that Mario isn’t awesome like he is in Melee.
      he’s my best character in Melee.

• ssbb master // November 14, 2010 at 12:07 pm //

if you are looking to improve mario, hers atip.on a stage lik final destination or battle field,use marios ffinal smash in the middle of the stage.then nearly th whole stag will be swept awayand most of the cpus or players will die.brawl out1

• Lucario said if u would like any character in the game other than the ones already in
      he means that take your favorite character of any game and imagine him in brawl
      and a character cannot be the best it depends on the person using it for example: olimar
      ppl who know how to use him can pwn with him

• spider man wrapping guys in webs

• LITWICK101 // April 18, 2011 at 3:42 pm // Reply

On each hand…

• Pac-Man (new version)
      Flurry Kick
      Chomp
      Cherry Throw
      Double Punch

• LITWICK101 // September 6, 2011 at 6:35 pm //

Final Smash-Old Times-Pac-Man goes to the side of the screen and points to the other side and a huge old-style Pac-Man comes out chomping.

• Kirby all the way. Final smash= Goodbye everyone, and POYO!

25. I think it would be awesome if you could play as Orta and her Dragon. They’re characters from Panzer Dragoon Orta. That game is from sega, I think…

26. all charecters unlocked ya

27. i made a course that is bricks all around the perimeter of the stage with 2 open spots @ the top. that way it is almost impossible to die and you build up lots of damage fast. this stage is perfect for coin batles.

28. deerslayer.708 // September 27, 2010 at 2:27 pm // Reply

if there’s going 2 be a new ssb game, I think that they should hav vaatii as a playable character. (vaatii is the evil sorcorer from the gba zelda games)

29. deerslayer.708 // September 26, 2010 at 10:47 am // Reply

is it true that u can unlock griffindorf (ganandorf’s master)?

30. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS // September 21, 2010 at 7:49 pm // Reply

INFO ABOUT NEXT SMASH GAME in my oppinion: 3 final smashes per character (rotated randomly) all characters/stages/modes/trophies/unlockables+new of everything. 300 events (150 of them for multi.). called ssb collectors eddition.

• ok three final smashes per character is crazy but just might work but not if rotateted randomly because it would be really hard to attack with them if u dont know what to expect also 300 events is (i dont want to sound rude but its the truth) extremely exaggerated its just 2 much at most is 50 or 60, and it cant be called collectors edition because they are games which contain more than one of the previous games for example metroid prime trilogy is a collectors edition game

• LITWICK101 // April 19, 2011 at 7:38 pm // Reply

WHY?!? AGAIN,WHY?!?

31. If you ask me, Sonic and Tails should be in the next game as an Ice Climbers-type team. If you have Tails when you get the Smash Ball, you go Super! If Tails dies before then, Sonic could go dark! Which gets me thinking… Which characters should be in the next Smash, and what would their Special moves be? Mine is:
    Shadow
    B:Chaos Spear
    B->:Shotgun
    B down:Omochao Gun
    B up:Chaos Control
    Final Smash:Chaos Blast

• i think the sonic and tails thing is too much
      i think tails, shadow, silver, and knucles should be in the next game or at least tails and knuckles if there are 2 much characters they should also put waluigi and bowser junior from mario 2

32. ytgytghiuyhfu9h // September 14, 2010 at 4:16 pm // Reply

How do you beat the Great maze. HELP ME.

• deerslayer.708 // September 27, 2010 at 2:33 pm // Reply

u hav 2 look at the map and go 2 the red dots. these dots are the doors that lead 2 new rooms. make sure 2 defete all the bosses, which appear as red bowser faces. once u defete all of the bosses, there will be a purple symbol in the middle of the maze (on the map). go 2 it and go 2 the center of the room and press up. then u fight tabuu and beat the great maze! hope this helps :)

33. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS // September 11, 2010 at 7:01 am // Reply

here’s another awesome suicide move with kirby. grab a person @ the edge of a stage and to an up throw! they’ll die for sure!

34. Best. Game. Ever!

35. hey dudes i unlocked mr.game and watch

36. Suicide Kirby // September 2, 2010 at 11:16 am // Reply

Here is a hint for instant K.O.s with friends. Play as kirby, go to the edge of a stage that you can fall off of, then press and hold B WHILE FACING TOWARDS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STAGE. When you inhale someone on their last life(make sure you at least have 2 lives), jump of the edge! Beware, though. Your friends may target you after you pull this off.

37. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS // September 1, 2010 at 11:50 am // Reply

i beat it in about 1 month!

38. if you rapidly press the up n down taunt buttons on shadow moses island as snake, snake calls somebodey

39. hello its me agin got rob and ganondorf

40. For me it took at least a year.

41. i’ve beaten 3 level 9s at one time with sonic

42. AWESOMECHUCKNORIS // August 15, 2010 at 12:06 pm // Reply

snake pwns. p.s when he does his side (stong) attack, he takes out a knife!!!!!! :)

43. They call me D.R. Pwn // August 13, 2010 at 4:49 pm // Reply

Kirby is the best!

44. my brother and i beet tabu on our 3rd to 5th try. if you cant beet him try using donky kong and bowser.

45. pokemaster334 // August 10, 2010 at 9:24 am // Reply

did you know you can unlock all of sonic’s friends if you battle with sonic for 200 battles? you can unlock tabuu if you do 10000 final smashes. but you have to do EXACTLY 10000 or it won’t work.

• I HAVE RETURNED!And dude thats just fake stuff off the internet.Do 200 battles with Sonic and see what happens

• yeah lucario13 is right. that is fake stuff, i mean just think about it having tabuu is really unfair and the sonic characters could appear in the game but they didnt put them

46. HOW DO YOU GET TO A COIN MATCH

• easy. go to group mode and choose brawl then move your hand up to the button that says 2 minute time match or something like that and choose it. those are the setting for the match. the first setting says time select it and move it to the right until it says coin then choose the amount of time below. then go back , choose your character and the others, press start, choose the stage, and voila! youre in a coin match

47. supersilver98 // August 4, 2010 at 2:44 pm // Reply

My friend went over 100,000 in the home run derby with each carachter, but I don’t know how so don’t ask.

48. How do get wolf

• im not sure if theres another way but the only way i know is in subspace emmissary. after defeating tabuu go to the level the ruins and go through a door im not sure which door so just do what i did try go through all the doors and make sure u dont miss one

• Halaswisscheese // August 7, 2010 at 11:48 am // Reply

you can either do 400 battles or beat subspace emissary and enter the secret door in the ruins

49. Toon Link Master // August 2, 2010 at 2:02 pm // Reply

@Icyflame
    Ridley should NOT be a character for one reason:
    He’s too BIG.

50. Toon Link Master // August 2, 2010 at 1:56 pm // Reply

@Spike: How about you target one enemy, and then crush them with the moon?

By the way everyone, there probably won’t be new Mario,Zelda, or Pokemon characters unless they cut somebody. There will probably be more Sonic and DK characters, and maybe a Mother character. Oh, and maybe a Yoshi character.

1 18 19 20 21 22 24